Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spring Awakening Festival 2012... New Chicago festival with.... DAFT PUNK???

Default Spring Awakening Festival 2012... New Chicago festival with.... DAFT PUNK???

View screen caps in the link below.... It shows Daft Punk on their website but that's not much of a confirmation..

http://www.livemusicblog.com/2012/02...field-in-june/

Earlier today I happened upon a half finished web page for something called Spring Awakening Music Festival. This supposed festival is slated to hit Soldier Field June 16th and 17th in Chicago. The half finished web page wasn’t up for long, so I wasn’t able to lurk the page for long, but on the page was Dada Life, Laidback Luke, Afrojack, text that read “Skrillex to headline”… and a scrolling banner that showed none other than the duo known as Daft Punk. Some of us can dream, right?

The website claimed tickets would be $90 for the two day pass, and $180 for a VIP two day pass. Check out the screenshots I got:

The only other link working was a page that showed about fifteen different partners. Upon further research, I found a Twitter handle associated with webpage that had its first three tweets on February 1st that read, “Coming Spring 2012: Chicago’s own exclusively electronic music festival.” Then, “Spring Awakening Festival 2012 lineup will be announced very soon.” Followed by, “Spring Awakening Festival 2012 will take place at a location in downtown Chicago on June 17th and June 18th.”

A quick trip over to the React presents home page, which is a primarily Midwest event management & online media company responsible for bringing acts into Chicago such as Skrillex, Zed’s dead, and Sebastian Ingrosso…just to name a few. The bottom of the page there was a link that lead to the fest’s homepage…

Haven’t heard of any official confirmation regarding the festival, but if Chicago can bag another big name festival to tag-team alongside Pitchfork, Lollapalooza, and North Coast, it will be hard to argue against Chicago musically.

Stay tuned for the latest updates regarding this festival.

From their Facebook page:

Welcome to Spring Awakening – Electronic Music Festival Facebook Page. Spring Awakening is touching down and relaunching in a brand new outdoor location in Chicago, IL this coming June 2012. It will feature some of the biggest DJs & Producers from around the world on multiple stages in a out door experience. Please “like” our page to stay up to date with announcements, line ups.

Edit: Here's basically the same story from The AV Club http://www.avclub.com/chicago/articl...dier-fi,68907/
    Last edited by bobchella; 02-06-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Shut Up Forever Almost All of You.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

Default Re: Spring Awakening Festival 2012... New Chicago festival with.... DAFT PUNK???

well now isnt that something.......
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

Default Re: Spring Awakening Festival 2012... New Chicago festival with.... DAFT PUNK???

Daft Punk would be enough to get me to Chicago in the summer

Idk bout that Untitled-Paint tab at the bottom of that picture...sketchy

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I will attend this if that's the case. Also, it's close to Bonnaroo's date and not too far away..
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    kvnty offered me 2 fists for one companion parking pass

Quote Originally Posted by moustache View Post

Idk bout that Untitled-Paint tab at the bottom of that picture...sketchy
    whoever captured the image pasted it into paint

Looks like Wolfgang Gartner is really confirmed according to AMONLY's website.

So I guess Spring Awakening is for real.

daft punk is playing, but skrillex is headlining?

yeah...right

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    daft punk is playing, but skrillex is headlining?

yeah...right
    There's 2 days.

that makes more sense, but i still don't think daft punk is playing.

I think they are if there was a real screen shot of them on their main page. Wolfgang was also on the main and it's confirmed that he will be there.

If this is real (and I choose to believe) it really puts both of them at Bonnaroo the week before too now doesn't it?
    Check out Sleeping In Is Giving In for great mixes and other cool stuff

I'm with you but the only part that throws me is the photo on the website... It seems incredibly risky lawsuit-wise to have their photo up there if they weren't actually playing.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    If this is real (and I choose to believe) it really puts both of them at Bonnaroo the week before too now doesn't it?
    Isn't EDC the same weekend as Bonnaroo as well? Wouldn't make a difference now would it?

agreed that it would be really fucked up to have their photo up if they aren't playing. i hope i'm wrong and they do play (and then tour the rest of the country/world)

hmmmmm
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Websites like this don't "accidentally" get stumbled upon unless someone from the inside leaks it to someone else. True, it could be just place marks until everything is finalized but something this size doesn't do something as risky as that unless they know it's true. This is how you build buzz around something, leak it to the press and all of us little rodents will swarm to it and spread it across the interweb like a virus. By tomorrow, everyone will be talking about it.

leak it to the press and all of us little rodents will swarm to it and spread it across the interweb like a virus. By tomorrow, everyone will be talking about it.
    This is a great description of viral marketing haha

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

old school

Reminds me of Lolla Chile having photos of Cure, Madonna, Rage, Snoop and another act that would little chance of appearing.

Exactly
    I don't buy Daft Punk playing, especially considering how low the ticket price is for a two day festival.

The promoter React Presents references the show on the bottom of it's website and claims the attendance will be 4500... That's gotta be a typo for 45k I'd assume? Soldier Field's capacity for NFL games is 61500

http://www.reactpresents.com/
    Last edited by bobchella; 02-07-2012 at 04:12 AM.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Exactly
    I don't buy Daft Punk playing, especially considering how low the ticket price is for a two day festival.
    Well, ya charge 90 a ticket say sell only 50000 tickets or so that make 4.5 million. You could pay daft a million, split another million or so for remaining Djs, another million or so for putting on the entire fest and still walk away with a decent profit

Ok, so some guy in IL "randomly" stumbles upon some festival website that is only "partially done", sees Daft Punk, takes screen shots, and now the website is back to a landing page only....and you're actually debating this could be true?
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

My theory (only a stupid theory) is that when something that looks like it could be of this magnitude is "stumbled upon" it rarely is by accident. It's a great way to get a great buzz going about a new fest. Leak it to someone and then shut it down and let the word spread and build a buzz. Now, yeah it easily could be that all of those images are just there for the web builder to use as templates but Gartner is booked for Chicago on those dates according to his agency and Skrillex will more than likely be hitting the festival circuit this summer and Bonnaroo is probably on his list which would put him near Chicago within the week. The Daft Punk thing is obviously very sketchy because they have been very silent for a long time. But, Bonnaroo might have made them an offer that they couldn't refuse. Remember, this whole EDM thing is relatively new to the mainstream in the South and Midwest and Roo probably wants to get on that while it's good. Why not get the biggest dance act out there to play the farm? Why not book a mini tour and play a new fest in the center of the midwest in one of the best towns for music? I'm sure I am ahead of myself, and the more I think about it actually happening the more I think I need to get my head checked. But I do see how it could happen. It's not too far fetched.

No, its not too far fetched, but for the moment, its just wishful thinking on everyone's part. We all want to believe so bad, its actually quite sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Quote Originally Posted by bobchella View Post
    The promoter React Presents references the show on the bottom of it's website and claims the attendance will be 4500... That's gotta be a typo for 45k I'd assume? Soldier Field's capacity for NFL games is 61500

http://www.reactpresents.com/
    He dosen't claim they will have 4500, he claims that each year they have had 4500 (this was previously held at The Congress Theater)

An electronic festival in Chicago sounds like a good time to me! Hopefully its a decent lineup whether or not Daft Punk play, which I bet they wont.
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

I am 90% on the train for this if DP is playing. The 8 hour drive south will def be worth it

He dosen't claim they will have 4500, he claims that each year they have had 4500 (this was previously held at The Congress Theater)
    Ah, I missed that.

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!

http://pitchfork.com/news/45348-daft...for-new-album/

Chic frontman and disco-funk pioneer Nile Rodgers tells Houston's CultureMap that he's free of cancer and planning to work with Daft Punk on the duo's forthcoming record (via the Daily Swarm "Those guys are great," he told CultureMap. "They're coming to my apartment on Monday and we're going to talk about making a new record together."

Rodgers, who has writing and production credits on tracks ranging from David Bowie's "Let's Dance" to Madonna's "Material Girl", is allegedly going to help tease out Daft Punk's R&B influences for their next album. Daft Punk are also working with songwriting legend Paul Williams.

Update: In other exciting Daft Punk news, a Panda Bear collaboration may be in the works. Noah Lennox told French outlet Les Inrocks that he initially approached them to remix a song from Tomboy. "And then they offered me to work with them on their new project", Lennox said. No word yet on exactly how the collaboration will take shape. (Thanks to reader Joseph Trouilleux for the tip!)

SEE YOU AT WEEKEND ONE!