Page 95 of 496 FirstFirst ... 90919293949596979899100 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 14855

Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

She can B a fan of The National and still want 2 P in ur butt.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

I saw my bandmate yesterday for the first time in a while (she's the one who cockblocked me before) and guess what? She did it again!

She starts talking about how awesome her new boyfriend is and then mentions one of his friends has been asking her about me. It's weird because I don't ever remember meeting this guy, but she says I did meet him at our last show; I was in a bad mood that night, so that could explain it. Either way, she explains that this friend of her BF has been asking to get set up with me. Just as I'm about to say something about it ("Oh, that might be interesting. Can you tell me about him?") she says — "But, I told him you wouldn't be interested and that you're not looking for anything right now, so he's stopped asking."

What. The. Fuck.

Am I wrong to be upset about this?

Stupid hot boy kept being stupid and hot this weekend; why would a guy text me unprompted, but be very oblique and awkward in the texts? And then come to a party to hang out with me and then kinda walk away the rest of the night then text me the next day asking why I "disappeared" at said party!?

Finally, last issue —

GUYS: How would you react if a random girl (who found you attractive) just approached you and started talking to you completely unprompted? Would you be turned off/sketched out/creeped out? Or would you at least be receptive? I'm struggling with this one a lot; I can't tell if people are just being nice but are very weirded out by me, so I'm afraid to do this. Similarly, I assume the reaction would be different if you found the girl repulsive; I honestly cannot tell when people find me completely unattractive or not so I generally just avoid them at all costs. I want to know because I'm going to SXSW soon and there's going to be lots of hot dudes there, some of whom I'd have a reason to talk to/I have mutual friends with — but I don't want to be that weirdo who starts talking to you simply because you know the same people or whatever. (I think there's a lot of questions in here...)

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post

GUYS: How would you react if a random girl (who found you attractive) just approached you and started talking to you completely unprompted? Would you be turned off/sketched out/creeped out? Or would you at least be receptive? I'm struggling with this one a lot; I can't tell if people are just being nice but are very weirded out by me, so I'm afraid to do this. Similarly, I assume the reaction would be different if you found the girl repulsive; I honestly cannot tell when people find me completely unattractive or not so I generally just avoid them at all costs. I want to know because I'm going to SXSW soon and there's going to be lots of hot dudes there, some of whom I'd have a reason to talk to/I have mutual friends with — but I don't want to be that weirdo who starts talking to you simply because you know the same people or whatever. (I think there's a lot of questions in here...)
    I love it when women approach me. All guys should. I think it shows confidence (a quality which most find attractive).
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Austin City Limits Festival - 10/3 - Zilker Park
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i find that internet men say the like it when women approach, but whenever i approach men in the real world, it doesn't go over well at all. i've given up.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    I love it when women approach me. All guys should. I think it shows confidence (a quality which most find attractive).
    I agree. I'd be into it.

Just don't do it when my girlfriend's around, she gets violent.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

When girls make the first move it is so unexpected that we just assume they are being friendly and since we dont want to be "that guy" that doesnt take "no" for an answer and is too aggressive we usually just hang back a bit.
    Sometimes it isnt til much later that we realize we were being hit on at all.
    Hell, my girlfriend of the last 2 and a half years had to get me over to her house and into her bed before I got the hint. And no, Im not kidding.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    When girls make the first move it is so unexpected that we just assume they are being friendly and since we dont want to be "that guy" that doesnt take "no" for an answer and is too aggressive we usually just hang back a bit.
    Hell, my girlfriend of the last 2 and a half years had to get me over to her house and into her bed before I got the hint. And no, Im not kidding.
    Obliviousness can definitely play a factor. Also, some guys are just pussies.

i say talk to the random dudes. having mutual friends is always a good starting point for conversations. i think it is refreshing when a woman has confidence and brains to initiate and keep a conversation. at worst, you'll just weird them out and that could be good for them in the long run.

I saw my bandmate yesterday for the first time in a while (she's the one who cockblocked me before) and guess what? She did it again!

She starts talking about how awesome her new boyfriend is and then mentions one of his friends has been asking her about me. It's weird because I don't ever remember meeting this guy, but she says I did meet him at our last show; I was in a bad mood that night, so that could explain it. Either way, she explains that this friend of her BF has been asking to get set up with me. Just as I'm about to say something about it ("Oh, that might be interesting. Can you tell me about him?") she says — "But, I told him you wouldn't be interested and that you're not looking for anything right now, so he's stopped asking."

What. The. Fuck.

Am I wrong to be upset about this?
    Have you tried explaining to her that you are looking for somebody?

Stupid hot boy kept being stupid and hot this weekend; why would a guy text me unprompted, but be very oblique and awkward in the texts? And then come to a party to hang out with me and then kinda walk away the rest of the night then text me the next day asking why I "disappeared" at said party!?
    Were you acting standoffish?

Finally, last issue —

Never let the world make you jaded, go into every conversation with an open mind, and a closed heart. Just talk and if they talk back in a way that pleases you continue the conversation. If they don't then end the conversation and walk away. But don't try and walk away or stay on anyone else's behalf.

This is a quote from shit my dad says, but if you switch the word "woman" for "man" it fits.

"That woman was sexy...Out of your league? Son. Let women figure out why they won't screw you, don't do it for them."

PS. I will also be at SxSW. Have you ever been? I go just about every year since its a quick drive down I-35
    Last edited by MoSetsfire; 02-27-2012 at 01:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtram View Post
    if you can't pull off getting drugs into a festival and consuming them, you don't deserve them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Wait. You like Cudi but you think Outkast is a one hit wonder.

Somebody shoot this fuck.

I know it shouldn't be this way, but the few (less than a handful of times) a girl has approached me, I have gotten super defensive. I assume they are trying to mess with me for laughs later, because I don't understand why anyone would hit on me. Obviously this means I reply negatively to getting hit on.

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Same scene over here. I think my girlfriend might have actually had to take me by the hand and tell me we were going to make out before I knew what was what. I'm also an idiot, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Finally, last issue —

I don't get the weireded or creeped out thing at all. If an attractive girl talked to me I would not run away. She can be an attractice friend, acquaintance or stranger. There is nothing at all wrong with a girl approaching a guy and starting conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by MoSetsfire View Post
    Were you acting standoffish?
    Not that I thought! I was the one who texted him saying he should come after he had asked me what I was up to. I've been trying to get him to just hang out with me so we can sleep together again for weeks now. He's clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    I know it shouldn't be this way, but the few (less than a handful of times) a girl has approached me, I have gotten super defensive. I assume they are trying to mess with me for laughs later, because I don't understand why anyone would hit on me. Obviously this means I reply negatively to getting hit on.
    Yeah, this is how I react when guys talk to me...on the rare occasion that they do talk to me, anyway.

I'll hear the girl out if she has randomly approached me. (Depending on where I am, I'll probably have the shields up, but I would be cautious of anybody who randomly approached me - not just random girls.) I admit that if the girl is unattractive, and she's just trying to get to know me (as in, she has nothing important to tell me), I probably will not contribute much to the conversation. If she is a delightful and pretty person, I will celebrate her sudden appearance, and later on, she will become my lover.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Kat, perhaps make some eye contact before actually approaching him? I think eye contact is pretty telling. At least for me.

Kat, perhaps make some eye contact before actually approaching him? I think eye contact is pretty telling. At least for me.
    I am frightened just thinking about that.

What usually happens when I see a guy I think is cute somewhere and I'm looking his direction is that he'll notice and then it will get very awkward. The guy's reaction is usually one of "WTF why is this weird girl looking at me" and then I desperately try to play it off like I was looking somewhere else, distracted. The I run away.

What usually happens when I see a guy I think is cute somewhere and I'm looking his direction is that he'll notice and then it will get very awkward. The guy's reaction is usually one of "WTF why is this weird girl looking at me" and then I desperately try to play it off like I was looking somewhere else, distracted. The I run away.
    This is what I would be thinking: "Hey, this cute girl is looking at me. I'm going to go introduce myself." I understand that this isn't easy for some guys, but it doesn't get any more obvious than that. I mean, what more do guys need?

This is what I would be thinking: "Hey, this cute girl is looking at me. I'm going to go introduce myself." I understand that this isn't easy for some guys, but it doesn't get any more obvious than that.
    Dale is like Coachella Yoda right now.
    if you can't pull off getting drugs into a festival and consuming them, you don't deserve them.

Yeah, I don't think most guys think like that, though. Maybe it's just where I live or the kind of guys I'm into — but it always seems like they're horribly offended by my presence.

Haha, this is like my exact reaction when I see a girl lock eyes with me (swapping the word girl for guy). I think that's just your own internal diaglogue though and I doubt it's what the guy is actually thinking. Instead of looking away, why not smile? Even if you aren't confident, play it off like you are!

Yeah, I don't think most guys think like that, though. Maybe it's just where I live or the kind of guys I'm into — but it always seems like they're horribly offended by my presence.
    Back in the day, I probably would have been "weirded out" by it as well(I was overweight in high school). I guess I just have a lot more confidence now.
    Last edited by Gribbz; 02-27-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I guess it depends on exactly what the girl's facial expression is. If you look fucking terrified when we catch you looking at us, we're probably not going to approach you.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Why wouldn't you? I'm pretty shy and I'd rather the guy come start a conversation so I don't feel horribly embarrassed.

nobody is going to be offended by anyone's presence based off of a brief meeting with a complete stranger. you would have to say some really offensive shit or smell bad.

I meant offended as in...my physical appearance makes their dicks go limp.

I'm pretty shy and I'd rather the guy come start a conversation so I don't feel horribly embarrassed.
    Like I said, when you make that kind of eye contact you're more or less spelling it out. I would smack one of my friends if they didn't approach you after that.

I meant offended as in...my physical appearance makes their dicks go limp.
    Do you have a picture up anywhere? your posts make it sound like you look deformed. the curiosity is killing me.

Quote Originally Posted by MoSetsfire View Post
    Do you have a picture up anywhere? your posts make it sound like you look deformed. the curiosity is killing me.
    She does and she is attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I guess it depends on exactly what the girl's facial expression is. If you look fucking terrified when we catch you looking at us, we're probably not going to approach you.
    Haha. I do not want a girl to eye me as though I were a serial killer who murdered her family in the distant past, then vanished from the world only to exist in her nightmares, and have now taken an unexpected manifestation in the physical realm.

Pretty much the only thing that truly works is a smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Listen to Dale and not all the guys telling you it would be weird. I don't think a message board is the best place to seek advice on this. It's not a stretch to say that a lot of people spending their whole day playing on the internet are just a bit socially awkward and that their reactions in these social situations are not typical.

While I fucking suck at hitting on people, I think I'm pretty good at putting people to ease and getting them to talk, when I want to. As you said, you have mutual friends and interests that are a reason to approach these guys in the first place. Get them talking on a subject that interests them (should be easy at SXSW, right?). If you find what they are saying, TELL THEM. It's as simple as saying that's interesting / that's cool / etc, and 1) letting them know they're not boring you to death, and 2) flattering them a bit by being impressed by their tastes / knowledge / etc if appropriate. Once you are sure the guy is interested in having a conversation with you, it's easy enough to get a date-like situation out of it: I've really enjoyed hanging out with you, would you like to get a drink later? dinner tomorrow? etc.
    Last edited by chiapet; 02-27-2012 at 01:51 PM.