Page 72 of 496 FirstFirst ... 6768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,160 of 14867

Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

romanticizer

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Thanks! Everyone is so complimentary on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Tim you should move back to NYC!

Also a Masters in Health Administration is a great end goal.
    This is the dream!

I really do not want to go to Austin! I know everybody loves it. Everybody in El Paso surely loves it. Also, my extended family is crazy about UTAustin - they always give money to the school - but none of the family children have been accepted there, so I know that my parents would be ecstatic to hold that trophy... Not to mention, in-state tuition is like a 50% off deal... But I get a bad vibe in Austin. It feels hostile to me. I also get the feeling that the whole city would be nauseated, were it to be alive. NYC, on the other hand, is my home. I must go back.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Yes, upon a preliminary Google, it appears that the best cities (in order of awesomeness) are:

Atlanta
    Austin
    Portland
    Seattle
    Minneapolis
    Madison
    San Francisco
    Ann Arbor
    Washington DC
    Chicago
    Salt Lake City
    Phoenix
    Boston

Seems like a fairly reasonable list.
    This is interesting. Earlier in this thread I talked about how my biggest success came in San Francisco and Seattle. I would advise guys from So Cal to venture to other parts of the country if you're having issues dating here. Women really love the California guys especially southern. Don't ask me why it's just from my experience I've been pretty lucky with that whole schtick.
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

Quote Originally Posted by Kyliediscope View Post
    That people under a certain age rule that you guys seem to be throwing around is really annoying to read. I'm 21 and I feel like I've experienced some things that have caused me to grow up a lot faster than most people my age. Some of my first memories were of my father (then an extreme addict, but has now been sober 14 years!) physically and verbally abusing my mother. I helped raise my brother when I was younger because his father was an addict and my mother was battling her own demons and working 70 hours a week to support a family that was falling apart. They split up and I moved in with my father for a few years. While in college my brother's father had passed away and my mother who has a rare auto-immune disorder couldn't handle raising him on her own, so I moved back home and basically worked full time to help support the household and help raise him. I've dealt with a respected family friend molesting me and being roffied in high school. I've been engaged to be married and some other stuff that is hard to talk about.

I'm saying this to just prove a point that fuck you.

I know I am going to grow and change in the next ten years of my life, but to say I am not emotionally mature enough to date is silly. I hope that every year of my life I grow and change as a human being. I never want to stop learning from my mistakes and my triumphs.

(**I love my parents and most of my family very, very much and have been lucky enough to have them grow and change and become an extremely supportive and loving group of people.)
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Found on someone's dating site profile

^^^What the hell is a simple smile?

So, I never heard from the text girl. I'm going to call her today probably just to get her story. But it was all for the better. I wound up going to a piano bar with a few friends. There was a girl there I had met briefly about a month ago. At some point, she held up her beer to me and said "Does this look like Killians?" I agreed and she said "It was supposed to be a Bass." She drank about half of it and left it on the table. So I passed the waitress on the was to the bathroom and said "Hey, can you bring me a Murphy's and a Bass when I come back?" I handed her the Bass when she came back...eyes lit up, big smile, "Cheers!"

I don't think I've ever bought a near stranger a drink. I'd like to think it was the thoughtfulness that worked and not just a free drink, but I definitely got her attention and we stayed pretty late and talked.

That's awesome, Marc. Things happen for a reason. Even if you never see the girl again, sounds like you had a fun night.

Act now ladies! These men won't last long, but if you call and mention the offer code DESPERATE we'll give you a second date for half off - just pay shipping and handling (e.g. lots and lots of alcohol and a cab).
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Yes, actually someone please rank the following cities by dating prospects for me. Because this is a whole new angle for choosing grad schools that I have not considered:

New Haven
    Cleveland
    Washington DC
    Austin
    Berkeley
    Seattle
    New Haven was listed as one of the top most dangerous cities in the US. Just saying. But it has some awesome pizza and sandwich joints. And a bunch of cute little bars. Never dated anyone in NH, though. I stayed more around the Hartford area.

Today I am trying out OKCupid's (phone app) "Locals" feature. The only other time I've used this was the night of that really bad date.

Apparently this seems to be the way to pick up creeps, I've already had two people I've never contacted before send me messages very directly asking for sex. One included (in his first/only message to me) that he would need for me to pick him up at his job at the mall, in another city, and that we'd have to go to my place because he lives with his family. He's in his 30's. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Today I am trying out OKCupid's (phone app) "Locals" feature. The only other time I've used this was the night of that really bad date.

Apparently this seems to be the way to pick up creeps, I've already had two people I've never contacted before send me messages very directly asking for sex. One included (in his first/only message to me) that he would need for me to pick him up at his job at the mall, in another city, and that we'd have to go to my place because he lives with his family. He's in his 30's. Wow.
    NICE, you got my text! I get off @ 430. pls dont be late.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtram View Post
    if you can't pull off getting drugs into a festival and consuming them, you don't deserve them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Wait. You like Cudi but you think Outkast is a one hit wonder.

Somebody shoot this fuck.

Can you at least find out what store he works at at the mall? *pleasebeakioskpleasebeakiosk*

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Ha Robin, I went to high school around that area. I am well versed with all the sketch parts of New Haven. I have dated two Yale guys. But by dated, I mean one was more of a drunken hookup, and the other was more of a long-distance torturous unrequited love wherein we only say each other like once every three months and it eventually dissolved into massive failure when he decided to go get a neuroscience graduate degree at the U Chicago. So I wouldn't say I look back fondly on that city for its dating prospects.

Keep them coming. Glad to know I'm only sort of a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Keep them coming. Glad to know I'm only sort of a loser.
    "Confidence Is The Way To A Woman's Heart, Or, At Least Into Her Pants " - the "dad" from "shit my dad says"
    if you can't pull off getting drugs into a festival and consuming them, you don't deserve them.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Can you at least find out what store he works at at the mall? *pleasebeakioskpleasebeakiosk*
    Honey Baked Ham in Colma? He did give me that info in his first message. Seriously.

I think that's in more of a strip mall.

Edit: I wonder if I could get free ham.

Hahahaaa. KEEPER.

Honey Baked Ham in Colma? He did give me that info in his first message. Seriously.
    in all seriousness, HBH makes some pretty good food.

Quote Originally Posted by MoSetsfire View Post
    in all seriousness, HBH makes some pretty good food.
    I know. I edited.
    If he worked at the HBH down the street from me,....

I recently had to move back in with my parents cause my old man had a heart attack. He asked me to cover the bills while he recovers. I like to open with "I live at home" sometimes just to see if the girl responds like a bitch or not

Ha, you should be careful about that Mo. Unless you're trying to weed out dating people like me. Because I would definitely see a huge red flag if a guy told me he was living at home. I mean, yes there are legitimate reasons to do so, and I actually lived at home myself fairly recently, but it would still make me extra cautious and I would need extra assurance that the guy was indeed ambitious, driven, proactive, etc, and not just a lump on his mom's couch.

"Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

Oh shit, he may have made me lunch last week.

Ha, you should be careful about that Mo. Unless you're trying to weed out dating people like me. Because I would definitely see a huge red flag if a guy told me he was living at home. I mean, yes there are legitimate reasons to do so, and I actually lived at home myself fairly recently, but it would still make me extra cautious and I would need extra assurance that the guy was indeed ambitious, driven, proactive, etc, and not just a lump on his mom's couch.
    I don't want to think about as a "weeding out", but I view life as shades of gray. I really like to see what the response is and if she looks for more information before passing judgement. The responses usually go from "Uhh" to "Aww" when they realize. My parents are retiring to Beirut in May (from my picture that I showed you, my parents own a flat in the same building). When they move, I'll move back out of the suburbs, but for now might as well enjoy it.

Edit: I'll make sure I keep my Linkedin Profile updated, Court
    Last edited by MoSetsfire; 02-19-2012 at 12:34 PM.

Okay, Mo, you probably don't also immediately suggest hooking up and mention your job in a strip mall.

Living at home is definitely a red flag though at my / this guy's age. And really simply put, I don't want to have to deal with someone's parents while I casually date them.

Okay, Mo, you probably don't also immediately suggest hooking up and mention your job in a strip mall.

Living at home is definitely a red flag though at my / this guy's age. And really simply put, I don't want to have to deal with someone's parents while I casually date them.
    I know. i was being a jackass.

Seriously though, the red flag makes semse, but you just have to be more attentive. If some one is living at home but they roll around in 20k car and have a corporate job, itd be wise to ask some more questions before writing them off.

And regarding casual dating, thats been the hardest part. my last location was fucking amazing and I never had to play away team. playing away team sucks balls, especially in the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by romanticizer View Post
    What's your line of work, Kat?
    Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    Not anything related to tech, science, math, computers or other things that companies are always hiring for.
    Kat, I don't think that the guy you're trying to bed is the jerk, or an asshole, because if you treat your relationships with people anything like you treat a simple question, it explains why you're alone. Just because you have to try and decipher what everything said means, doesn't mean everybody wants to. fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I am a simple goat
    I live on the back of a pick-up truck
    The Old Man tied me here with a 3-foot rope
    Am I happy he don't give a fuck
    He's filled with anger, and filled with rage

And tells me I smell like piss
    His drink, Jimmy Bean
    His chaser, a bear
    After that, various alcohols
    That's when the beatings get so severe

Asleep I pray he falls
    But don't feel sorry for me
    Things weren't always this bad
    Why, when I was a young talking goat
    The Old Man was just like my dad

I come from the hills of Europe
    That's where I met the Old Man
    He was lost in the woods, I gave him directions
    He gave me a tuna can

Then he stopped in his tracks
    And he said, "Hey Goat!
    Would you like to live with me?
    I've got a house with a pick-up truck
    In a place across the sea"
    I said, "Sure, why not, I've got no family
    You seem like a nice guy"

So we went off to America
    The home of the apple pie
    On the boat, the Old Man told me
    I would be a present for his wife
    "A talking goat!" he exclaimed,
    "She'd never seen this in her life"
    I felt so special!

Well, I just couldn't believe it
    After all theses years I finally had a friend
    He trimmed my beard
    He scraped my hooves
    I prayed it would never end

But when we got to his house
    There was no wife
    Only a short, short letter
    It said: "I'm leaving you for your broher
    Because he fucks me better"
    His eyes filled with tears of sadness
    His heart was filled with grief

To soothe himself he drank a pint of Old Granddad
    And beat me like a side of beef
    I screamed, "Send me back to the hills of Europe!"
    He just shook his head and said, "Nope!
    No one will ever leave me again
    To make sure, put on this 3-foot fucking rope."

Present day, I've been on the truck for 51 years
    My only friend is the AM radio
    Sometimes the neighborhood children stop by
    But it's always rocks and beer bottles they throw

At first they're excited to see a talking goat
    They gather around to hear what I have to say
    But I guess sometimes my stories go ont too long
    So they leave and giggle I need a bidet

But you know there was a night that I did get off the truck
    When the Old Man was passed out drunk
    Three neightborhood kids took me to a rock 'n roll concert
    The kind of music, old-school funk
    It was the first time I got off the truck
    The music made me lose control

The lead singer asked if we were having fun
    I said, "Fucking crank that rock 'n roll!"
    The women at the show were beautiful
    As they danced sexily on the soft grass
    One of them even petted my fur
    Fuck me in the goat-ass!

Then some long-haired guys grabbed me by the horns
    And threw me in the mosh pit
    They passed me around and treated me nie
    Till I nerviously sprayed them with shit
    Then the music stopped
    And everything was quite
    And all the rock 'n rollers started a fucking goat-riot

Kill the goat!
    Kill the goat!
    Kill the goat!
    Kill the goat!

They chased me under the bleachers
    They chased me onto the street
    They chased me into an alley
    And said I was a dead fucking goat meat
    But then I saw a sight
    That I never thought I'd see

The Old Man swinging his hickory stick
    But he wasn't swinging at me
    "Fuck you, pot-smoking turkeys!
    Don't you press your luck!"

The long hairs ran away screaming
    As I scrambled onto the truck
    When we got home, the Old Man said,
    "Goat, you broke the sacred law
    No! Please! Sorry! Shit!
    I'll let it go this time, but if you leave again
    I'll break your fucking jaw!"
    Super! Great! Okay!

"Thank you Old Man, for saving my life
    Thank you again and again
    You could have let them barbeque me,
    But you acted like a friend"

"I'm not your friend, I don't even like you
    I'm just not drunk," he said
    To prove his point, he drank a bottle of grain alcohol
    And beat the fucking shit out of my tailbone
    And I'll probably never walk straight again

I guess you'd call me a scapegoat
    A punching bag for the Old Man to mock
    Just because his wife left him
    For his brother's abnormally large cock

He could have been my buddy
    But instead he's a crazy old fuck
    And, once again, I go to sleep in my eternal home
    The back of the pick-up truck

Goodnight, Old Man!
    Yeah, goodnight Goat!
    I just want to know if your girlfriend lets you nibble on her clothing when she's petting you?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I wasn't dating my girlfriend at the time.

I was 24 at the time and the girls were like 19 and 21.
    Cuervo is the worst.
    And, I beg to differ... Once you've got enough Cuervo in you, you don't really give a fuck whether or not you have a date, or can get a date. I've had some of my best times with just Cuervo and myself...nobody telling me I'm being a fool, nobody killing my buzz because they can't last and want to go home, and when I look in the mirror and say, "Ah-ha! You're drunk, do you wanna fuck?" I don't have to worry about me saying, "No."
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Ha Robin, I went to high school around that area. I am well versed with all the sketch parts of New Haven. I have dated two Yale guys. But by dated, I mean one was more of a drunken hookup, and the other was more of a long-distance torturous unrequited love wherein we only say each other like once every three months and it eventually dissolved into massive failure when he decided to go get a neuroscience graduate degree at the U Chicago. So I wouldn't say I look back fondly on that city for its dating prospects.
    Whaaaa? You're a fellow Connecticutian? I grew up in Meriden.

Edit: I wonder if I could get free ham.
    You should definitely ask what kind of discount he gets before discrediting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Whaaaa? You're a fellow Connecticutian? I grew up in Meriden.
    Oh wow we were neighbors! I went to a certain boarding school that will remain nameless in Wallingford.