Page 7 of 494 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

"you gonna fit raped (if you respond to my message...PLZ....I like Lost and Heroes"

Goat and I are going to have a bromance of a weekend at coachella

romanticizer

Quote Originally Posted by scenicworld View Post
    ghost hunting is serious business!
    So far we've hit it off pretty well. He's the guy that I mentioned up-thread about writing a well written, non-creepy message. So far, we've been making fun of Zak from Ghost Adventures and how he likes to fight ghosts.

Sounds really freaking weird. I'm glad it's working out, though!

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Goat and I are going to have a bromance of a weekend at coachella
    I'm unusually horny when I take deh thiz at a SHM set.

haha, I'm probably exaggerating (a lot). We haven't really spoken about that much at all, but it's on his profile so I had to bring up Zak and his ghost fighting. we've mostly talked about traveling.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

I just looked at a "match" profile of someone that I thought I recognized from jr. high. It was that person. He brought a bunch of firecrackers to school one day and holed up in the bathroom after telling everyone he was going to blow this whole bitch up. He had moved here from Russia a year before. He went to a different high school than I did, though the same one as my brother, and they became friends, because my brother would consistently sell his clean urine to him so that he could pass drug tests.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Yep, sounds like you got laid
    Wow didn't see this until now...no no no no and no. I don't want to sound like some shallow dick but I just wasn't attracted to this girl. I've been trying to make new friends where I live now, both of the platonic and sexual kind so I was and still pretty much am gun ho for meeting someone new online or in a bar. I was fairly resolute that this girl might turn into a friend since the physical attraction wasn't there but after hearing her talk about herself and fucked up life for an hour straight I knew it wasn't going anywhere. Now I know I sound like a hypocritical dick on the internet when I say that a lack of humility and people who can't stop talking about themselves is one of my biggest pet peeves.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by the walrus View Post
    does online dating really work?
    from what i can tell, the people who have posted in this thread have given it or still are giving it an honest try... to no avail
    but for me dating in person sucks right now.. i rarely meet women, and i blame it on staying home and relaxing all day.
    i want to meet someone with common interests, but if my interests are watching movies youve seen before while bundled up in bed, getting high and hanging out, and just relaxing with someone not caring about anything.. that doesn't exactly get me out much to meet people.
    i need a girl that can be lazy with me but is also up for spontaneous amazing outings :P
    again.. does online dating really work?
    i can attest they work in large cities (NYC worked better for me than LA did)....and the DATING part works well. it's easy to line up a date, finding a correct match. not so much.

also - try to cut out major emails back and forth in the beginning. phone calls work much better and i've come across a lot of women who prefer to chat over the phone then email, even before the first date.

Quote Originally Posted by romanticizer View Post
    This makes me want to try online dating...
    it's fun to try out, even setting up a profile is a big first step if you're not 100% convinced of it

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    how is going to a record store just to pick up guys "organic"?

i have not had any creepy dates yet off ok cupid, thank goodness. i also don't respond to a lot of messages.
    i think her primary intention would be finding a great LP, secondary would be chatting it up with a guy - maybe getting a date out of it. i think it's more "organic" than most situations. i'm single and a lot of public events or outings I go to with friends, the small though of "gee maybe i'll meet a great girl here" is mostly always present.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    That guy looks stoned off his ass
    Quote Originally Posted by romanticizer View Post
    Probably. He also appears to be sweating.
    i thought he was crying...maybe he just stomped out a big bowl of spicy chili

***closing thoughts - Looking back and hearing stories about how friends met bfs/gfs, specifically speaking to meeting someone "online", if you're up for going on a "dating" site I would also suggest joining a social meet-up site. By social meet-up I'm referring to either a sports-centric site like ZogSports in NYC or something along the lines of MeetUp.com. Not only do I feel that having a very focused, similar interest is important (duh cameron, thank you interwebs) but the "friendship first" factor PAYS OFF DIVIDENDS in the long-run IMHO.

i know a few people who met their wives by being on the same fucking DODGEBALL or KICKBALL team. When I was living in NYC I always wanted to set-up a music/record fanatic group that would meet weekly at a local dive bar and discuss new or classic albums...maybe find a cool ass hipster girlfriend to date. never followed up with that plan though.

After going on COUNTLESS number of match.com dates in Manhattan I feel that internet dating with strangers, for the most part, works well in the short term only. even with "blind dates" both parties at least have some type of solid keystone to build out from, mutual friends or some type of similar social context no matter how small it is. That social connection, or am I reaching too far to state HUMAN CONNECTION, goes along way.

online dating works, FOR DATING yea...but if you're looking for a substantial relationship the lacking social connection may be a material variable missing from the girlfriend of boyfriend equation. from my personal experiences
    mja: "i would make a great effeminate hick-accented puppet"

Guys, here's an example of what NOT to do!!

hiiii sweety, how r u , u really soooo pretty girl

u really sooo hot girl, u made me sooo horny now , ma god lol. u wanna see me on my cam now i I want show u everything i wanna show u my body on messenger its faster and
    easier and i have cam and mic , u can send me ur mail and i will add u or u add me

<removed>@yahoo.com

<removed>@hotmail.com

<removed>@gmail.com

<removed> skype

facebook.com/<removed>

http://www.facebook.com/<removed>

see my pics in the message baby, tell me if u like them i can send u more or u can come see me on ma cam and talk there now
    Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to check out his cam.
    2012 2013 2014

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    My expectations are only slightly less unrealistic, in that I don't want to go on dates or have to get to know someone. I just want to jump forward to the part where we're good friends, who are attracted to each other and have sex when it's convenient, but otherwise don't put a lot of pressure or expectations on to each other. Like, seriously, where are the cute nice guys who want to go out once a week to a show or go dancing or a movie or dinner, then fuck, then cuddle for a few minutes, then go back to their own apartments and maybe talk/text a little during the week (but don't get bent out of shape if they don't hear from me for days)?
    I know this is a little old but I don't understand how this many boardies can continuously post for hours on end in the middle of the day. ANYWAYS, I actually found something exactly like this a couple months ago, it was nice, saw shows, regularly screwed, yet there was no pressure. Unfortunately she dropped a bombshell on me and told me that she was starting to fall for me (I feel so arrogant for writing this) but knew that I didn't want anything serious and so we had to end it unfortunately. She was the first person to actually contact me on OKC and so far the only person that I met through the site that I consider a good match. I asked her why did she message me and my taste in music was the second reason she had, I think that's so odd.

EDIT: So I have an actual question and not just some self absorbed rant. This girl recently got a hold of me again and wants to hang out in the same fashion as we did before hand. Her rationale was that she realized she "doesn't want to start taking life so seriously just yet". I'm still relatively lonely and haven't made any friends even though I moved to Carlsbad six months ago. I get her along with her and enjoy my time but something is telling me I shouldn't spark up the correspondence again. Should I just give it another shot or just not bother, I wasn't really hurt by having to call it off earlier but she was.
    Last edited by frizzlefry; 02-06-2012 at 05:15 PM.

What a dick

if they make this thing with a smaller cock I might be able to use it as a body double when I have work to do.
    It would lay there putting in the same effort and everything. Prob has more brains too.
    Ah, but do you have a little pull device that ensures that you deflate if I get tired of your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Props to Mugwog and Goatchella for creeping up the thread.
    Is it coincidence or not that out of the male posts in this thread, if I were single and looking, that these two clowns would be attractive to me?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Frye View Post
    i can attest they work in large cities (NYC worked better for me than LA did)....and the DATING part works well. it's easy to line up a date, finding a correct match. not so much.

also - try to cut out major emails back and forth in the beginning. phone calls work much better and i've come across a lot of women who prefer to chat over the phone then email, even before the first date.

wow.. a genuine response from somebody on the coachella board.. i didn't think it was possible.
    thank you..
    although im still up in the air if i should give a website the responsibility of finding me a girl

What a dick
    Why do you say that Goat? We started off under the impression that it wasn't a relationship and I made it clear that I didn't want anything serious and she just wanted more than that after about a month. I don't see why I would be a dick because I didn't want to alter my life for someone I've only know for a handful of weeks.

I would definitely be hesitant to resume a casual relationship with someone who previously told me they were "falling for me" during a casual relationship. But people and their priorities/expectations can change. I've been on both sides of that situation, and sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Is the sex and companionship worth risking another difficult falling out?

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    EDIT: So I have an actual question and not just some self absorbed rant. This girl recently got a hold of me again and wants to hang out in the same fashion as we did before hand. Her rationale was that she realized she "doesn't want to start taking life so seriously just yet". I'm still relatively lonely and haven't made any friends even though I moved to Carlsbad six months ago. I get her along with her and enjoy my time but something is telling me I shouldn't spark up the correspondence again. Should I just give it another shot or just not bother, I wasn't really hurt by having to call it off earlier but she was.
    This is a really fuzzy area. I met a guy on a dating site about a year ago and we went out a bunch of times and talked to each other quite often on the phone and all day at work on IM. He was pretty clear about getting out of a complicated relationship from the get go, and told me that he'd need some time before being interested in anything serious which worked for me since I'm not really looking for anything serious with someone I just met. I just had no idea that he would take things as slow as he did (e.g. no kiss after our dates). At first I thought it was sweet and sort of admired him for being interested in the mind more than the body, but after 5 and 6 dates, you sort of expect certain things to have happened.

Anyways, 2 days after our last date and after a long conversation about how he's just not ready for anything serious because he's trying to figure out his life, his relationship status changed on facebook and I confronted him about it. he was "shocked" that I was interested in him that way and very apologetic about how it made me feel. Since I really did like him, I did try and do the friend thing at first. After a week of that he started opening up to me about this girl he was seeing and telling me how he wanted to break it off with her because he couldn't really talk about stuff he wanted to with her. I couldn't exactly push him to break up with her without coming across as selfish, so I encouraged him to give it a chance with this other girl, but he broke it off anyways. A couple weeks later we talked about going out again, but 2 days before our date he got back with that girl.

TL;DR The friend-zone sucks.
    2012 2013 2014

Sex is alright, even though she's nearly my age but she hasn't been knocking boots for that long, due to her religious views. She has basically been what you expect a pristine ballerina (she really is a ballerina) to be up until several months before I met her, so yeah, she's eager to try new things both inside the bedroom and out but it's a slow process. Also note the ballerina profession, a bit of a plus. EDIT: Like I said I wasn't that hurt when we broke it off, I did feel lonely but I couldn't really complain since I was the one who didn't want a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    Why do you say that Goat? We started off under the impression that it wasn't a relationship and I made it clear that I didn't want anything serious and she just wanted more than that after about a month. I don't see why I would be a dick because I didn't want to alter my life for someone I've only know for a handful of weeks.
    I'm just joshin. You could marry her and live happily ever after or rape her for all I care. Your a dick either way just because. This means I love you.

Total count of people using their name in 3rd person: 2
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Oh you little devil you.

I keep imagining the Hulk having a profile when I read your post fatbastard

I am so interested in creating a profile on one of these sites just to see what type of person is compatible with me.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

The poonslayer

Interests: laying serious pipe, magic the gathering, Juggalo, numb chunks, pookie, Long wanks on the beach

Music: koRn, lady gaga, ICp, skrillex, Swedish House Militia, nicklebag

Height: 6, 4"

Body Type: Heavenly

Eyes: Diamond Blue

I'm just looking fer sum hawt babez for I can fingerblast wicked slick and trext mad game at these hoes y'all.
    Holla atcha boy and cum thru proher!!!

P3@€3

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    how is going to a record store just to pick up guys "organic"?
    I guess I phrased it wrong? But I'd much rather be happier telling my parents/friends that I met my boyfriend at a record store when he came up to talk to me about my music tastes than saying I met them on the Internet. I think Internet dating would be looked down upon by my friends and ESPECIALLY looked down upon by my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Frye View Post
    When I was living in NYC I always wanted to set-up a music/record fanatic group that would meet weekly at a local dive bar and discuss new or classic albums...maybe find a cool ass hipster girlfriend to date. never followed up with that plan though.
    Hi how are you?

Hm, maybe I should just start hanging out at Record Club at El Prado then. A friend of mine dated a guy she met there for a while...

If Discogs had a dating section of their site, I'd probably have no problem getting laid considering how I got both my ex and the guy I recently was hooking up with interested was by talking (bragging?) about my LP collection.

SIGH. I think there's a bag of potato chips at home calling my name.

That torso defies every applicable law of geometry.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Kittkat ----better than the Internet.

Hot but claims she is ugly= easy to manipulate by playing psychological games, wild sex, sub /bottom, no means yes

Hates her ex that hurt her= needs a serious friend, needs a ride or die friend not a fake egosaur, will fail in the next relationship, needs to expand psychedelic research and find inner zef, will eventually realize her body is a temple and treat it like a temple

Feels awkward communicating and fitting in= leave your friends out of it because they won't have fun around her. will be needy and clingy if she ever gets comfortable enough to open up and let you in.

evaluation conclusion:
    Should not be considered for internets datEz untill she received pix of cahk and returns message with pics of Bewbs or vag.

(how the mind of a guy that Edates works)

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    Hi how are you?

Hm, maybe I should just start hanging out at Record Club at El Prado then. A friend of mine dated a guy she met there for a while...

If Discogs had a dating section of their site, I'd probably have no problem getting laid considering how I got both my ex and the guy I recently was hooking up with interested was by talking (bragging?) about my LP collection.

SIGH. I think there's a bag of potato chips at home calling my name.
    hey Kat - trying to line up enough interviews in one of the last weeks in Feb to make a flight out to LA. hopefully make a trip out to Amoeba and grab chic-fil-a. we should meet up for a drink when i'm out there.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    That torso defies every applicable law of geometry.
    +1, albeit gross
    mja: "i would make a great effeminate hick-accented puppet"

Kat.

No one really said anyone about this but did you ever consider that you alone walking up to someone might intimidate them? Guys like to make the moves and having it done to them may put them off kilter. You making the same issue with move with 2 of your friends close by may be more effective. That may just be me tho.

The guy in the seat next to calling you ugly was totally fucked up.
    Last edited by fatbastard; 02-06-2012 at 06:23 PM.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Cameron's avi makes him seem gayer than palm springs. The grammar and diction add to it. I thought he was gay for sure until that last post.

Getting approached by a group of people you don't know but know each other isn't at all intimidating . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.