Page 472 of 496 FirstFirst ... 467468469470471472473474475476477 ... LastLast
Results 14,131 to 14,160 of 14855

Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Even if I did change my attitude, though, what would that change about my dating life? Probably nothing. I'd still be stuck in this boring place with no viable options, except I'd be forcing myself to be positive for no reason.

The solution really is to hit the restart button. To find a new job in a better environment working with people around my age and not where I'm at now where all of my coworkers are 65-year-old men. I need to get back to an area that has things for me to do that I enjoy, but fuck, you tell me how that easy it is to do in this economy when in order to get a job, you need to have a job (ruling out quitting the one I have and moving somewhere I actually want to live) and in my discussions with others seeking jobs outside where they live, employers in bigger cities aren't bothering to look at anyone who has to relocate since there's already a ton of unemployed people right under their noses.

Like I said: Stuck.

Do you know Vigo?

Name isn't ringing any familiarity.

Weird.

Where do u live?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/9 Operators@Echo - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex - 10/16 Massive Attack@Greek - 10/21 Superhumanoids - 10/24 Placebo@Club Nokia - 10/25 Beach Goth@Observatory - 10/27 Tycho@Glass House - 10/28 Bear Hands@Roxy - 10/31 Yelle@Fonda

You are catastrophizing.

Quote Originally Posted by kahaha View Post
    I haven't gone on a date since forever.
    ...my social life is dead....
    ...no major cities with a life to it within two hours of driving...
    ...everyone around me that's in my age range is either married with kids or a complete disaster...
    ...being forced into not having a social life.

...the matches are pretty boring or look like the trashiest cast members of Teen Mom all grown up.
    These things are not true or not important. The way out is by finding how these are wrong. Finding the exceptions. You can go on making excuses, but that isn't going to make anything better. You are not being "realistic", you are being negative. You may actually be clinically depressed and may benefit from professional help. At any rate making things seem as bad as possible isn't the way forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i broke things off with someone i was kinda seeing. i kept feeling really anxious about seeing him and wasn't really thrilled about the idea of sleeping with him. and he was kinda pushy about it which is a total turn-off. nice guy, but he almost became a priest at one point in his life and i just felt like i couldn't be my true self. plus, i am pretty happy on my own it's kinda nice to feel that way.

so no active dating for awhile. plus i'm only four courses/20 weeks from my degree and this next class, stats, will be the toughest of my program probably. don't fuck with my routine!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I haven't gone on a date since forever. I live at home still NOT for reasons because I'm in financial disarray or don't have a job or anything that might categorize me as a loser, but because I moved back home a few years ago so that I could have a job (which actually fell through after the company financially imploded, so now I'm stuck at one I actually hate and didn't think I would be at for this long. My goal is to find a new job and hopefully move altogether, but these days, nothing is guaranteed.) Fast forward four years and my social life is dead as evidenced by posting this on a Saturday night. I live in a typical suburban sprawl with no major cities with a life to it within two hours of driving, everyone around me that's in my age range is either married with kids or a complete disaster and it really sucks being forced into not having a social life.

I've tested the waters of dating sites, but think OK Cupid is probably the one with the most depth to it and accuracy. Even with filling out my profile as much as I can, though, I'm afraid that because of the type of area I live in, the matches are pretty boring or look like the trashiest cast members of Teen Mom all grown up. Throw into the mix that it's really important to me that I find someone who has relatively similar interests in what the world outside would categorize as non-traditional music tastes, and it's pretty discouraging.

I have no idea what to do anymore. It's like I'm stuck in purgatory and have no idea when I'm going to be able to do more with my life other than sleep, work and enjoy my self-entertaining hobbies, but otherwise might as well not exist. I'm starting to feel like those people who you meet who are in their mid-40s and are hopelessly single is going to be me in 15 years.
    SD?

Even if I did change my attitude, though, what would that change about my dating life? Probably nothing. I'd still be stuck in this boring place with no viable options, except I'd be forcing myself to be positive for no reason.

The solution really is to hit the restart button. To find a new job in a better environment working with people around my age and not where I'm at now where all of my coworkers are 65-year-old men. I need to get back to an area that has things for me to do that I enjoy, but fuck, you tell me how that easy it is to do in this economy when in order to get a job, you need to have a job (ruling out quitting the one I have and moving somewhere I actually want to live) and in my discussions with others seeking jobs outside where they live, employers in bigger cities aren't bothering to look at anyone who has to relocate since there's already a ton of unemployed people right under their noses.

Like I said: Stuck.
    Jump off the golden gate bridge, head first.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Happy for you, Ivy.

thanks. the universe has this fantastic way of knowing that i'm truly happy and content and then urging someone from my past to contact me right when i'm going to sleep. thanks, universe, you win.

Thank you to Randy and co for being dicks to me in this thread 2 (?) years ago when I was spouting a bunch of dumb crap. Eventually realized it wasn't stuff I really believed anyway.

So have you yet?

Alright Icey, now that we've established that I know what's best for you, here's what you need to do:

Fuck the absolute first thing you can. At this age, you just need to get over the hump. You'll develop comfort with the whole "picking girls up" process if you just get past the physical dilemma. Get a hooker, or at least go to a massage parlour and get jerked off. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Spend enough time on dating sites and you'll hate the opposite sex in no time! At the end of the day, it feels like you're the only normal guy/girl on there, and that the rest of the singles are single for one or more very very good reasons.

Having said that, I do have a nice date every now and then, it just isn't more than nice usually. But no creepy dates or stalker chicks, and I now know that does count for something! (see above)

A LOT of the women/girls I see on dating sites are either:
    - travelling around the world and looking for a travel companion (I like to see new places too, but I wouldn't say that traveling defines me and I don't have the need to be in another country 9 out of 12 months of the year)
    - so proud of being such a good person, that they demonstrate this by posting pics of them with a horde of African orphans in some far away village
    - doing their best to show you they already have a perfect life, by posting pics of them practicing at least 3 different sports, pics of them with huge numbers of friends, pics of them being succesful in their career and the aforementioned travel pics + African orphans pics

Ah well, I guess that for now I'll just keep on clicking..

(whether or not there's actual milk production) breastfeeding African orphans, but still looking up at the camera
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bbstripes View Post
    - doing their best to show you they already have a perfect life, by posting pics of them practicing at least 3 different sports, pics of them with huge numbers of friends, pics of them being succesful in their career and the aforementioned travel pics + African orphans pics

Ah well, I guess that for now I'll just keep on clicking..
    Wait, you're complaining about the fact that they appear to have their shit together?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

i fucking hate women with their lives together who try and help other people. where are the needy bitches at?!

I prefer when women on dating sites post pics of what they look like with jaundice.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    Wait, you're complaining about the fact that they appear to have their shit together?
    Having your shit together is a good thing.

Having a perfect life... is impossible.

If you're into sports and so you have a lot of sport pics, cool. If your career is important to you and that's what you show on your dating profile, fine. Not being superficial, caring about family, friends, other people, all very good traits. But stuff it all into one set of pictures and it just gives me the creeps.
    Last edited by bbstripes; 01-12-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Complete humans give you the creeps. Got it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Are you assuming every girl on a dating site has something to hide and is compensating by showing off? You realize the whole point of these profiles is to show off, right? Also, if you think all the girls are being superficial, what does that say about you?

All girls are superficial. That's why my profile pic on OKC was near nude.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

bbstripes only responds to bitches like this

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    Complete humans give you the creeps. Got it.
    Guess our definition of complete human is different then. But at least we agree! <3

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    Are you assuming every girl on a dating site has something to hide and is compensating by showing off? You realize the whole point of these profiles is to show off, right? Also, if you think all the girls are being superficial, what does that say about you?
    I'm not saying they're superficial. I'm saying that not being superficial is a good trait. But there is such a thing as overdoing it on a dating profile. Or, to quote a cool movie trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gYL9znVmGs#t=0m38s

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    bbstripes only responds to bitches like this

Damn that's sexy. I gotta get me one of those.

Being back in the dating world is not fun. Signed up to a couple online dating sites and I just don't have the energy for it. I guess it's time to expand my social circle.

I'm single again but have begun dating a long time friend. I couldn't stomach online dating again.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    Contemplating odds, variables and every other factor in finding true love was depressing enough before reading this.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"