Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Try again
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

LOLOLOLOL

“When I was younger, I realized that a nerdy smile and a sweet personality isn’t enough to attract beautiful women. Rejection was not only embarrassing, but also painful,” says Brandon Wade, Founder of the Carrot Dating app. “Then, I realized that women love presents like dogs love treats. Just as an unfriendly dog wouldn’t deny a tasty treat, any beautiful girl can be bribed into giving you a first date.”
    http://jezebel.com/dating-app-founde...eed-1447471426

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

what to do with this sur la table gift card just burning a hole in my pocket...
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Ha dude's like a PUA who can program:

My name is Brandon Wade. I’m a serial internet entrepreneur, and the author of a few books on dating, and social networking. I am also the founder of a number of online dating websites including the world’s largest sugar daddy dating website (SeekingArrangement.com), a leading millionaire matchmaking website (SeekingMillionaire.com, an innovative online dating and first date marketplace where singles can bid for a first date (WhatsYourPrice.com), and more recently the world’s first travel dating and travel companion website where attractive singles can travel with generous free (MissTravel.com).

. When I was growing up, I was sort of an ugly duckling and I was almost always shy. I remember asking my dad, why I didn’t have the courage to walk up to the girl I like in school to just ask her out. My dad said, it was because I’m afraid of rejection, and the fear of being rejected was what’s keeping me away from her. He urged me to try, and reasoned that even if I did make a fool out of myself, that I would no longer be afraid since I would have nothing more to lose. Thinking that my dad made a lot of sense, I did what he suggested! I mustered up courage one day and walked up to her, except while I was doing so, I tripped in front of her. I had meant to tell her while I was usually very shy, I wanted to tell her how beautiful she was, but the only words that did come out of my mouth that day was “I am shy”. Ever since that day, I avoided her like a plague, because seeing her reminded me of what a fool I was that day.

My shyness and lack of a dating life during my teenage years is also the motivation to my current business, why I had spend so much of my time using technology to level the dating field.
    Terrible.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

So instead of becoming more confident with himself, he reasoned that all women want is money and decided to start propositioning women with money, gifts, & travel in order for them to spend time with his child-sized penis. Frankly, I'd very much like to read his dating advice; I'm sure it's quite insightful coming from a guy who couldn't score a date without paying the poor girl first.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

And holy shit, he's actually replying in the comments section. Yes!
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

Kind of reminds me of Scenetap from a few years ago: http://tech.co/scenetap-local-bars-app-2013-10

From twitter:

Yes. Jezebel drew an inaccurate conclusion. I said "women love presents, like dogs love treats" not that women are like dogs.
    I'm shocked that this dude has trouble interacting with other human beings

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    what to do with this sur la table gift card just burning a hole in my pocket...
    how you doin?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

serial internet entrepreneur
    "I can't keep a job, and everything I try to do on my own fails."
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    Ha dude's like a PUA who can program:
    P̶U̶A̶
    cyber pimp
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

He's not "like" a PUA, that's exactly what he is. He is subscribing to the same basic principles.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Yeah, I mean, apples and apples. Rotten apples and apples I guess.

The fucked up thing about PUA is that it starts with a pretty basic premise that most people can get behind, "dating is tough" and then it goes completely nuts with it. Like you get into PUA garbage because you are having trouble dating (like everyone else) and instead of a reasonable solution (like buying a leather jacket and taking up smoking) you just read this shit and start treating women like dumb machines who will provide sex when you finally hit the right buttons like you're playing Zelda or something.

The fucked up thing about PUA is that it starts with a pretty basic premise that most people can get behind, "dating is tough" and then it goes completely nuts with it. Like you get into PUA garbage because you are having trouble dating (like everyone else) and instead of a reasonable solution (like buying a leather jacket and taking up smoking) you just read this shit and start treating women like dumb machines who will provide sex when you finally hit the right buttons like you're playing Zelda or something.
    Basically, PUA philosophy is "dating is tough, which can be ameliorated by viewing and treating women as objects"
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

It doesn't help that certain women allow them to be successful.

Desperation swings both ways
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    It doesn't help that certain women allow them to be successful.
    You know I'd probably put the blame on the guys who study and attempt to use the PUA garbage in real life instead of the women who probably have no idea what PUA means in the first place. I'm not a woman so I can't speak to it but honestly I'd assume that the dudes are successful in spite of the PUA shit and not because of it.

I have a friend that is really into PUA bs and have met some his friends that are the same. None of these dudes can hold a normal conversation that doesn't involve getting theirs, and everyone of them insists them women have "dog mentality." I can say that these dudes would not be successful without desperate women, and false confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

seen him running up to women on the streets saying "Hundred dollar bill, Hundred dollar bill!" like asian kid from Goonies
    The pilgrimage is not perfected save by copulation with the camel.

I was just reading an article about wives being the breadwinner in the family, and the negative effects it has on the man. One professor stated that it makes them "feel emasculated." Is this really a big issue for men? I do recall dating someone that complained once in a while that I made more money than him.

As a stay at home dad I have no issues whatsoever with my wife being the breadwinner. My job is way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I was just reading an article about wives being the breadwinner in the family, and the negative effects it has on the man. One professor stated that it makes them "feel emasculated." Is this really a big issue for men? I do recall dating someone that complained once in a while that I made more money than him.
    I have seen it work both ways. I think it depends on the intelligence of the man. Dumb men seem to have a lot more of a problem with it than smart men.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I have seen it work both ways. I think it depends on the intelligence of the man. Dumb men seem to have a lot more of a problem with it than smart men.
    Case in point
    "I couldn't be more thankful my wife makes more than me (but) it can sometimes be hard to admit,"
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

This sounds about right.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

My wife makes slightly more than I do but it's awesome to be be able to split bills and treat one another

In no way do I ever feel less of a man for letting her handle certain finances....Masculinity has to do with what kind of a man you are not define that by money...some men unfortunately do though

I'm with Steve on time with kids as well...There is NOTHING that can beat having time with these rapid growing runts, call me a softy but I looove being a dad and have sacrificed certain business opportunities to make more money(to surpass my wife's salary) to spend more time with my kid

I agree with all that's been said. There are times when my wife is charging hard in her career and I'm lucky enough in my work situation to spend as much time with the kids as I can and there are times when she is bored or in a stagnant role where she puts other non-career related activities first. Between earned comp and time spent for the betterment of the family / relationship, it’s the sum of the parts that counts.

I can see that if your spouse is working and you are not only not working, but not doing anything at all, where anxiety or inferiority complexes may catch up with you.

The idea of men being upset or emasculated at the idea of their spouse or significant other earning more than they do seems borderline quixotic at this point. We're arrived at a point where a large portion of non-college educated men have simply opted out of civil society. A lot of younger men have not just checked out of the labor market -- which is increasingly stacked against them -- but also out of family life, parenthood, civic and religious participation, political engagement, etc. The consequences of this are devastating to women, who have been left to pick almost all of the slack, and usually to their children as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.