12/5: The Bangles, The Three O'Clock, The Dream Syndicate & Rain Parade @ The Fillmore
12/17: Pere Ubu @ Slims
12/18: Holograms @ Bottom of the Hill
12/28: Mathew Johnson, HRDVSION, Ewan Pearson, Kate Simko @ PW
1/18: Toy @ The Chapel
1/23: Wooden Shjips @ The Chapel
1/25: !!! @ The Chapel
1/25: Robag Whrume @ Public Works
2/4: Frankie Rose, The Mantles @ Rickshaw Stop
2/22: Xiu Xiu @ Bottom of the Hill
2/24: Courtney Barnett @ Rickshaw Stop
3/23: Kraftwerk @ Fox Theater Oakland
Thanks Divorce Dating!
8 Phrases to show your online dating partner is a mess!
Below are some online profile phrases that let a girl know he’s a mess.
1. “I’m looking for fun!” This guy is NOT looking for a serious relationship. He just told you so. He’s not lying. He most likely rents party buses and lives on the couch of his old frat house. If fun and just fun is also what you’re looking for, message him. If not, click on through, sister.
2. “My life is under construction. Bring your hard hat.” One fine gentleman actually phrased it like this. This man is floundering. He is lost at sea in his life. He doesn’t know who the hell he is or what the hell is looking for in a woman. Forget it.
3. “I hate most people. Good god. Why is he advertising this? Well, the good news is, you know he’s a total misanthrope and you don’t have to spend a long, miserable first date with him.
4. “I spend my spare time obsessing about my hairline.” This phrase, coupled with 17 pictures of him in a beanie, tips us off to the fact that he hasn’t accepted his baldness. Being bald is hot, but only if the guy is at peace with it. Fifty bucks says there’s other major things he’s not at peace with.
5. “Don’t message me if you haven’t read [insert snooty literary cannon here].”You self-righteous intellectual snob. I have read Nietzsche, you ass. But if that’s a requirement to meet me for a cup of coffee, you are the stupid one, my friend.
6. “I am looking for someone to make me forget about my ex girlfriend.” What did you say? I can’t hear you. Your baggage is in the way. Next.
7. “I’m working on my fourth MA.” This guy has been a student for 29 years!? I’m all for higher education, but he just doesn’t want to get a job.
8. “I’m not into romance.” Cool. Thanks for letting me know. I absolutely can’t WAIT to go on a date with you.
Some guy I was talking to said he wanted to move the conversation to email because there was a limit to the number of messages he can send through OKcupid. Is there really a limit to messages? I don't send many messages but it sounds like bullshit to me.
I only have one email account and it's my full name and year of birth, I don't share that shit with anyone. So I gave him my phone number and said he can text me if he wants instead... His phone is shut off, bullet dodged.
Why would I create a seperate anonymous email account when he can just clean out his inbox of the dating site? I have my email account for professional use, I don't need a seperate one for fun. I just wait until I know someone well enough before they are allowed to know my personal email address, or can find me on facebook.
Plus, if a grown man can't keep his cell phone bill paid he shouldn't be trying to date anyway.
I don't disagree with you about the last point, but multiple emails can be helpful for filtering the kinds of content you receive. I have three (regular) email addresses: work, junk, and family/non-work professional.
I have my work email and then my personal email for looking for jobs, family and autobill pays, etc. I use to have an email address just for fun and it got so much spam after awhile I just stopped using it. I never set up another and I guess I don't care enough to at this point.
I also have 2 phone numbers. My regular one and my Google Voice number. Google Voice is used for the same reason as the faux email, as well as the number I give out to guys who are questionable, but not completely out of the picture.
The blank expression on his hastily taken, poorly lit laptop camera photo suggests being cute is an effort for him.
Still it's worth messing with him back on the outside shot that he's actually being clever. Take that 20% enemy out for a spin. Kick the tires.
i have a personal and work email, but also a spam email for all the websites and crap that request your email address. shit like live nation, bands, okcupid, professional newsletters, etc. then that crap doesn't show up on my phone every two seconds.
Just finished reading this article.
The 6 online dating tips every woman should know
I have a hard time keeping up conversations between facebook, telephone, here and work. I just never felt a need to create yet another account.
The peak on April Fool's Day made me laugh.