Page 358 of 496 FirstFirst ... 353354355356357358359360361362363 ... LastLast
Results 10,711 to 10,740 of 14858

Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

It won't happen because I don't believe it can happen. If that makes sense.

Not entirely against it, though.

Actually, I'm sorry to those who have been annoyed by this exchange, but it helped me a lot and helped me realize I'm ok with things this way.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    The simplest reasons I don't get action:
    1. I assume that unless someone knows me already, or is being introduced to me by someone who does, that they would like to be left alone. I do not intrude on others. I have never, and will never, initiated conversation with someone random in a bar, venue, or anywhere else because why would I? I know nothing about this person, so in all likelihood it will be a waste of my time.
    2. When random people talk to me, they almost always want something annoying. The same logic applies. They know nothing about me, so they have no reason to want to talk to me. Sometimes I actually end up having pleasant conversations with randoms before a show, but typically only with guys. All the women who approach me are unfailingly rude.
    The whole dating/sex thing being thrown aside, this totally confuses me. i have so much fun hanging out with random people in bars. Very rarely do i bother exchanging numbers or seeing a person a again, but some of my most fun nights are with complete strangers.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

VigoTheCarpathian

What a putz. Even Urkle gets layed. See a therapist. Or maybe you're gay. Figure it out

Vigo clearly wants Icey

VigoTheCarpathian

Mugwog. shut up

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

You're being rude just for the fun of it, but of course you're right. If women were attracted to me things would be different.
    Things WOULDN'T be different because you still wouldn't talk to them.

Also, if you don't talk to strangers you will never get free drinks. Ever. That is a sad, sober road.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    Things WOULDN'T be different because you still wouldn't talk to them.

Also, if you don't talk to strangers you will never get free drinks. Ever. That is a sad, sober road.
    Ha. That is so true. About 6 months ago I ended up talking to this drunk British guy at a bar while I was waiting for my girlfriend to show up, and for the hour before she got there and for the following 3 hours the three of us drank and drank and then he sneakily paid for the whole thing and called me a "fucking asshole" for trying to give him money. I then threw up and passed out as soon as we got home while Heather sliced the shit out of her finger while trying to make us food.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

Drinkey, just so you know, if I ever find a woman who is decent enough to bring out in public (or if MY Heather is ever back in So Cal), you and Heather are my dream-double-date.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

The after-party would be degrading by nearly all standards.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

Icey, you're bland, not ugly. Your attitude is clearly the main impediment to not getting girls to go out/hang out with you, sex or no sex. And of all things, why would you post here when you're feeling low about your sex life?
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Everyone here is so supportive, why wouldn't you post your problems in real life here?

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Ha. That is so true. About 6 months ago I ended up talking to this drunk British guy at a bar while I was waiting for my girlfriend to show up, and for the hour before she got there and for the following 3 hours the three of us drank and drank and then he sneakily paid for the whole thing and called me a "fucking asshole" for trying to give him money. I then threw up and passed out as soon as we got home while Heather sliced the shit out of her finger while trying to make us food.
    A very similar thing happened to us in Vegas, did he pull out a wad of hundreds?

Quote Originally Posted by marooko View Post
    did he pull out a wad of hundreds?
    "Guyz, I found where she hides her money". Oops, thought someone was talking about the virgin performing oral sex on a black prostitute story.

Actually, I'm sorry to those who have been annoyed by this exchange, but it helped me a lot and helped me realize I'm OK with things this way.
    If he is OK with it then why are we still trying to convince him otherwise? I mean I'm all for him getting laid but he clearly doesn't want to for whatever reason. Just seems like it's just the same pointless babble we have every few months with him.

That being said supposedly I'm being set-up with someone this weekend. Should be fun considering last time I was set up it was quite the interesting experience, not for the best, but still fun. So this time I'm in charge of setting up what we do. What would be some fun things to do for a group of four? I know there is always a bar and I'm sure we will end up at one at some point but I want a different idea. I'm thinking mini golf but never have done that on a first date so not sure if it's good idea or not. I'm open to any and all suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

I'm actually grateful to this thread tonight because it helped me spell things out for myself and figure out that I only feel bad about not dating because I'm trying to live up to other people's expectations of what I should be doing, when in reality... I don't date because it's not something that would be good for me or that I want to do. I mean, I grew up with 6 older brothers, who were always dating, and constantly got asked by others why I wasn't/told I should, love is hugely overplayed in our society, but at the end of the day, it's just not for everyone, and that doesn't make me any better or worse of a person for being one of those people who will never experience it.

I'm actually grateful to this thread tonight because it helped me spell things out for myself and figure out that I only feel bad about not dating because I'm trying to live up to other people's expectations of what I should be doing, when in reality... I don't date because it's not something that would be good for me or that I want to do. I mean, I grew up with 6 older brothers, who were always dating, and constantly got asked by others why I wasn't/told I should, love is hugely overplayed in our society, but at the end of the day, it's just not for everyone, and that doesn't make me any better or worse of a person for being one of those people who will never experience it.
    Menik's eyore title just got served.

VigoTheCarpathian

Icey,

I actually read an article recently that suggested 1% of the world population has little to no sex drive at all, making quite a many millions of people technically asexual. I'm not sure how they came about that conclusion but it's worth googling. I doubt how many of those millions of asexual brothers and sisters have a complete fear of intimacy like yourself. Personally, I think that the vast majority of people who aren't actively seeking love, which includes you Icey, are probably clinically depressed. It's nothing to be ashamed of but you probably should seek professional mental help.
    Last edited by VigoTheCarpathian; 12-11-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    . It's nothing to be ashamed of but you probably should seek professional mental help.
    The last person on earth I would take mental health advice from.

Maybe you should have a heart to heart with Morrissey about being celibate.

Isn't Bradford Coxs celibate too?
    Translation

Sparks @ Ace Hotel 02/14/15
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15

Last.fm

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Maybe you should have a heart to heart with Morrissey.

I had an incredibly awkward situation arise yesterday thanks to god damn OKCupid. I was working from home, had overslept even though I'd gotten to sleep in, and decided to run to Starbucks in my pajamas, covered by a long coat, and with a hat on to cover my bedhead. Yes, I'm gross.

The hat is a pretty distinctive one.
    That I'd forgotten was in my OKC profile photo.

At the store, this guy keeps staring at me, every time I'd catch him looking, he'd look away, and then stare again as soon as I pretended to look away. Something about him was familiar. A couple of minutes later, I was fiddling with the OKC app on my phone while waiting for my coffee, and I realize it's a guy who'd sent me a bunch of messages on OKCupid... he shows up in "locals," he must live near me. I check my history and yup, he was looking up my profile while I was at Starbucks.

Came home and deleted that photo. Now I feel like I can't wear my favorite hat for a while...

You should be flattered he remembered you, from what you wore in your picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

And, I don't know why I'd ask you maladjusted weirdos for advice, but I've been corresponding with this guy on OKCupid, who I don't find particularly attractive physically (though he's not ugly or anything) but who seemed nice enough. This was part of my effort to not immediately rule out people for not being hot. :P

Anyway, he contacted me first, I replied, and now we've exchanged a dozen messages via the site. He always replies pretty quickly when I answer his messages (I delay, because I'm a jerk :/ ). Yet he's never made me feel like he wants to meet.

How long do I indulge this without suggesting a meet-up? Or do I just want to avoid this one, if he can't be aggressive enough to suggest this himself after weeks of messages?

I have a feeling he's far too 'nice'.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    You should be flattered he remembered you, from what you wore in your picture.
    No. :P

To make matters worse, the crazy old lady who always yammers about my hat was there too at the same time. So as I was trying to avoid looking in the direction of the guy, I have to contend with this old lady going "Why are you wearing my hat? That's my hat!... I like your hat!" etc. (I've never even seen her wear a hat. This is how she always reacts to mine.)

Oh dear.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Heidi, if you want to meet up with him you should suggest meeting up with him. I don't get it.

I'm of the opinion that you shouldn't because if he can't even ask you out via OkCupid he's going to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay passive in person. Like Icey.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

He probably won't even talk to you.