Page 357 of 494 FirstFirst ... 352353354355356357358359360361362 ... LastLast
Results 10,681 to 10,710 of 14819

Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

See? And you guys think I talk out my ass...I'd be curious to know how this set of twins made it to marriage without something tipping them off like maybe, "Whoa, babe, that arm of yours looks like one I used to have!"
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

An even bigger question is, if conjoined twins who were separated at birth were to reunite and hook up, would it be for sex or masturbation?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    So maybe you're putting it on a pedestal
    Welcome to 300 pages ago.

Ditto?

I missed Tommy's post earlier. Weird. Anyway, I tend to only post in here when i feel most down on my "dating life" (in quotes due to lack of existence) and I also get stubborn in those situations, so I exaggerate.

The simplest reasons I don't get action:
    1. I assume that unless someone knows me already, or is being introduced to me by someone who does, that they would like to be left alone. I do not intrude on others. I have never, and will never, initiated conversation with someone random in a bar, venue, or anywhere else because why would I? I know nothing about this person, so in all likelihood it will be a waste of my time.
    2. When random people talk to me, they almost always want something annoying. The same logic applies. They know nothing about me, so they have no reason to want to talk to me. Sometimes I actually end up having pleasant conversations with randoms before a show, but typically only with guys. All the women who approach me are unfailingly rude.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

Check out this old post I found on my facebook:

"wow u joined a frat?? which one?? lol wow so i assume that ur enjoying urself... well im having the best time ever in college!! you should soooo visit me!! i love you so much ... i hope ur enjoykng college as much as i am !!"

Result: Never visited, quit frat, deleted from friends.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    I missed Tommy's post earlier. Weird. Anyway, I tend to only post in here when i feel most down on my "dating life" (in quotes due to lack of existence) and I also get stubborn in those situations, so I exaggerate.

The simplest reasons I don't get action:
    1. I assume that unless someone knows me already, or is being introduced to me by someone who does, that they would like to be left alone. I do not intrude on others. I have never, and will never, initiated conversation with someone random in a bar, venue, or anywhere else because why would I? I know nothing about this person, so in all likelihood it will be a waste of my time.
    2. When random people talk to me, they almost always want something annoying. The same logic applies. They know nothing about me, so they have no reason to want to talk to me. Sometimes I actually end up having pleasant conversations with randoms before a show, but typically only with guys. All the women who approach me are unfailingly rude.
    Honest question. Are you Jewish?

No.

I have never, and will never, initiated conversation with someone random in a bar, venue, or anywhere else because why would I? I know nothing about this person, so in all likelihood it will be a waste of my time.
    So how do you meet people or make friends?
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    So how do you meet people or make friends?
    It happens rarely. A lot of times, through existing friends. Or if I join some kind of group I'm open to befriending people there since at least we have a common interest/goal.

Okay. I'm going to ask it. I'm being serious. Are you attracted to the same sex? Just wondering. I havent read the thread completely.

Well, that would make things a hell of a lot easier. But, no.

Have you considered a "Real Doll"?

Well, that would make things a hell of a lot easier. But, no.
    No it wouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Ugggggh. I want to know! GI Joe! I'm rooting for you Icey. 2013 will be your year.

2012 was actually the happiest and best year of my life by far.

Let's face it, I have spent the vast majority of my life beinv single and there is an exceptionally small chance of that ever changing. I know this. I don't usually feel bad about it, but like anyone else I have times where I long for a partner, and those are typically the times I post in this thread.

Have you met Menik?

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i think we need pics to know why you're really not getting laid.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

You're being rude just for the fun of it, but of course you're right. If women were attracted to me things would be different.

There has to be your Zooey Deschanel out there somewhere

But it's not like what I was saying earlier is irrelevant, the two things work together. Even ugly guys can get laid if some other things work in their favor.

If I can get laid and have a girlfriend, anyone can.

Dude, it's been said before, but you really just need to get over all your anxieties and just have sex that first time. Some of these fears, and awkward feelings with the opposite sex will dissipate afterwards. Also, can this thread be deleted?

VigoTheCarpathian

Dude shut the fuck already and just try and have fun. Not to keep saying this but...

Last edited by VigoTheCarpathian; 12-11-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Never going to happen.
    Edit: in reply to buddy

You sound a lot like me and my husband socially, which is a bad sign (as everyone will say).
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I bet the truth is, Icey has some girl squirting her pussy juice on his furry goatee right now.

Never going to happen.
    Are you completely against the idea or is just something you don't see happening?
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

STOP FIXATING.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    You sound a lot like me and my husband socially, which is a bad sign (as everyone will say).
    *Bestiality joke*