Page 338 of 496 FirstFirst ... 333334335336337338339340341342343 ... LastLast
Results 10,111 to 10,140 of 14867

Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I have seriously been taking that into consideration. The only thing keeping me from completely writing him off is the fact that we talked for at least an hour last night and I laughed the entire time. It's been way too long since I have enjoyed having a conversation with a guy that much.
    It's kind of sad that people will disregard all other aspects of a person just because they are "funny". #sigh #evolutionarypsychology

Chances are if I agree to meet him he will be a total tool, but I will at least get some pool games and free beer out of it, instead of sitting at home alone being bitter.
    but what if he didn't pay

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    I usually lie to make myself look worse. This way, the potential partner would be pleasantly surprised; not disappointed.
    hahaha nice

semi-related, i've considered getting a keychain breathalyzer just for personal use.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    I have a hard time believing the guy got a DUI for just being *next* to the car with keys. The far more likely scenario is that he was sleeping behind the wheel.
    That will definitely get you. The few times I've had to sleep in my car I've somehow had the sense to hide my car in bushes
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

I'd decided to disable or delete my OKCupid profile but now all of a sudden a lot of guys are sending me messages.

Of course, they're all total cheesedick messages that make me wish I could punch someone through the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    I have a hard time believing the guy got a DUI for just being *next* to the car with keys. The far more likely scenario is that he was sleeping behind the wheel.
    When younger, I definitely slept behind the wheel a couple times. But it was more a sort of "oh shit I'm too drunk to drive but also too drunk to have the presence of mind to call a cab so instead I think I will just lay across my backseat and leave the backdoor open in case I need to puke." Which seems pretty responsible to me when the alternative is drunk driving. So, although I might be biased, I don't really think that's so bad.

I've heard that in some states you will not get a DUI for being in your backseat, though I don't know if that's actually true. Being asleep in the driver's seat is definitely an issue though.

Im pretty sure in most states if you are in the car with the keys you can get a DUI, I used to just throw them in my trunk or tailpipe (when I had a hatchback)
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    That will definitely get you. The few times I've had to sleep in my car I've somehow had the sense to hide my car in bushes
    Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I've heard that in some states you will not get a DUI for being in your backseat, though I don't know if that's actually true. Being asleep in the driver's seat is definitely an issue though.
    A buddy and I got rolled up on while we were drinking in his car, we were also about to start smoking. He had his radio on but the keys were in the center console. The police officer specifically said he would have gotten a DUI had he not seen my buddy have to reach for the keys. This was in California.

Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    It's kind of sad that people will disregard all other aspects of a person just because they are "funny". #sigh #evolutionarypsychology
    There are always things we have to disregard, there are very few perfect people out there. We just have to decide what it is we can and can't deal with. I can't deal with super negative bitchy people, I prefer funny happy people.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Fuck that!

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I'd decided to disable or delete my OKCupid profile but now all of a sudden a lot of guys are sending me messages.

Of course, they're all total cheesedick messages that make me wish I could punch someone through the internet.
    Just deleted it/disable it .It is a bad idea all togethor.Its like Im too much of a cheesedick to talk people I find attractive in my own social setting or Im so dull I dont get out enough unless drag out by someone but I will totally put up a front that Im down to go do social stuff to get laid.Personally the last (almost) two years I work a lot , drive a lot and still push my self to the limit to get a social life and i just find these online dating website lazy and a little fucked.I guess if you need a self esteem builder it is nice to be like I got this person and this person.I find being like that a little stressful.Now that im older I actually care about other people feelings and try to avoid it.
    Last edited by getbetter; 11-16-2012 at 06:15 AM.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Perfume Genius @ The Independent 10/21/14
    Moodymann @ PW 10/25/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14
    The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore 11/20/14
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/14

Last.fm

Yes, I agree it's lazy, but I consider myself pretty social, but I never meet new guys.

I realized at some point that there have only been 3 or 4 guys that I've slept with who were people I met with the intention of dating or sleeping with them. The rest were all friends. When I go out, I hang out with my friends, or I meet guys, but they're guys that become friends. So, I don't know, the dating website stuff is lazy, but at least when I meet those guys I'm doing it with clear intentions to date or to at least get laid.

I find that my busy social life is making the dating thing even more difficult. Boys get mad if you tell them you have to cancel a date because your girlfriend called and needs to hang out. Then they expect to be invited to come hang out with me and my friends... umm no, I don't even know you.

It really sounds like you date children.

"Hey, I can't make it one of my friends needs a hangout."

"No panic, want to hang out after or maybe tomorrow?"

Done.

I know, I am finding myself liking the idea of not dating more and more, because the options around here are just not good. Although, I don't want to be like those older women I know who just have no interest in men. I have worked with ladies like that, and they seem very bitter and angry and they eventually buy many cats. I don't like cats.

It really sounds like you date children.
    giggle
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Say goodbye to that acid, Greg.

I find that my busy social life is making the dating thing even more difficult. Boys get mad if you tell them you have to cancel a date because your girlfriend called and needs to hang out. Then they expect to be invited to come hang out with me and my friends... umm no, I don't even know you.
    There is your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Just deleted it/disable it .It is a bad idea all togethor.Its like Im too much of a cheesedick to talk people I find attractive in my own social setting or Im so dull I dont get out enough unless drag out by someone but I will totally put up a front that Im down to go do social stuff to get laid.Personally the last (almost) two years I work a lot , drive a lot and still push my self to the limit to get a social life and i just find these online dating website lazy and a little fucked.I guess if you need a self esteem builder it is nice to be like I got this person and this person.I find being like that a little stressful.Now that im older I actually care about other people feelings and try to avoid it.
    I could not agree more. People always kept telling me that online dating is like speed dating and that you just have to sort through all the weeds to find a catch.
    Ok, maybe they're right? But damn, I guess that stuff is just not my style. My whole (albeit short) online dating experience left a really sour taste in my mouth. I didn't like ANY of the women/girls I was coming across (whether it be through emailing, texting, calling, meeting, fucking). I do admit, I did fall for one of them, but she turned out to be a massive fail, and maybe that was because of me, I'll never know.
    But most importantly, I didn't like how I felt while interacting with the whole online dating game. I felt like just another cheesedick among all the other cheesedicks.
    Maybe I am a cheesedick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    There is your problem.
    I know, I should just switch to girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogvolta View Post
    I could not agree more. People always kept telling me that online dating is like speed dating and that you just have to sort through all the weeds to find a catch.
    Ok, maybe they're right? But damn, I guess that stuff is just not my style. My whole (albeit short) online dating experience left a really sour taste in my mouth. I didn't like ANY of the women/girls I was coming across (whether it be through emailing, texting, calling, meeting, fucking). I do admit, I did fall for one of them, but she turned out to be a massive fail, and maybe that was because of me, I'll never know.
    But most importantly, I didn't like how I felt while interacting with the whole online dating game. I felt like just another cheesedick among all the other cheesedicks.
    Maybe I am a cheesedick.
    This sounds a lot like offline dating for most people.

I know, I should just switch to girls.
    or grown-ups.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Tom, I am talking about a 40 year old man. Apparently if I want a grown up I need to expand my dating range to 60. Ew.

Hey lets go out.
    OK.
    Forget it, I can't keep to my commitments, plus my friend invited me somewhere better.

May not be something to get mad about, but don't pretend you're the more mature person.

My girlfriends helped me through a pretty tough time recently, so yes, if they call and need me they will always come first. If I know someone for a good period of time, then they are more than welcome to join me, but a first date with someone I don't know will not take priority over family or friends. If a guy can't understand that then no, he isn't someone I want or need in my life.

Although, I will admit that it takes quite awhile for me to feel comfortable enough with someone to bring him into my social group.

Tom, I am talking about a 40 year old man. Apparently if I want a grown up I need to expand my dating range to 60. Ew.
    I think Tom means a grown-up, mentally.

I know what he means, I am just not sure anyone ever truly grows up. We all have some insecurities that make us appear childish. You all are functioning adults and claim to be grown ups, yet you start fights with strangers on the internet. I find that to be somewhat childish, does it make me like you any less, nope. I just accept it as who you all are.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    When younger, I definitely slept behind the wheel a couple times. But it was more a sort of "oh shit I'm too drunk to drive but also too drunk to have the presence of mind to call a cab so instead I think I will just lay across my backseat and leave the backdoor open in case I need to puke." Which seems pretty responsible to me when the alternative is drunk driving. So, although I might be biased, I don't really think that's so bad.
    I don't think it's an irresponsible decision at all, but most states have "actual physical control" language that allows DUI prosecutions of people who are physically in position to operate the vehicle but are not necessarily driving. The jury is instructed that they are allowed to consider whether the person was sleeping or awake, whether the ignition was running or not, the position of the individual in the vehicle, and the physical location of the keys as factors in determining whether the defendant is in actual physical control of a vehicle.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    It's hard to argue with that.

I know what he means, I am just not sure anyone ever truly grows up. We all have some insecurities that make us appear childish. You all are functioning adults and claim to be grown ups, yet you start fights with strangers on the internet. I find that to be somewhat childish, does it make me like you any less, nope. I just accept it as who you all are.
    Maybe it should. I even annoy myself most of the time.

Online dating is really only good for hooking up. And even then...

Locachica getting put on the blast

But in all seriousness, I think what a lot of people are finally realizing is that finding a "grown up" on these dating sites is fucking slim, whether the users are 20 or 40.
    To be openly honest, I felt like such a tool trying to get a catch. It was definitely "shoot from the hip" to get results. When that crazy girl from UCI called me a douche bag on the phone a couple weeks ago (I posted about it here) it convinced me to cease all this online dating bullshit for two reasons: The results were incredibly discouraging, and maybe I WAS turning into a douche bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Using online dating to hook up is simply not working for me. I'm not at all desperate enough to sleep with the awful guys that I end up going on dates with.