Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    Do we have any asian chicks here?
    Not the kind that put out.

That's the first question I ask when I walk into a room.

Shit wrong place.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

got my first married guy message. it's so hard not to respond back angry!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Just tell him married guys taste funny, it usually works.
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

I'm pretty amused by the "Similar Users" feature on OKCupid that you see when you look at someone's profile, particularly the part where it says that said similar users have more of a certain quality than the person you're looking at, i.e: "more adventurous," "more organized," "less loving," "more compassionate." Those are all real examples, not me trying to be funny. I'm not sure if it's totally dehumanizing or refreshingly honest to get your worth as a human being calculated by a dating site algorithm.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Also just found this gem on a profile while clicking on someone who was "less pure" than someone else, whatever that means.

If I had the choice and money was no option, I would live in the wilderness hunting for my own food and building my own shelters.
    I didn't realize living off the land was so expensive.

Well, he did say "no option," not "no issue." Perhaps he means that lacking the opportunity to make a boatload of money, his second choice would be to live in the wilderness.

He also implies that his hands are tied in that regard by not having a choice in the matter, that he lives under some oppressive regime where retreating to the forest to scavenge for food is strictly forbidden. Otherwise, it would just mean he's full of shit and actually DOES have the choice and money isn't really an issue (or option) and he's just saying that to make him seem outdoorsy and connected with the natural world and whatever other bullshit, but he actually likes have a smart phone and watching shitty tv just like the rest of us.

Well, Jesus! Don't blow him then.

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinon View Post
    This needs further examination. I've seen and participated in some weird shit, but never have I had prolonged 1-on-1 nudity on a 1st date without it leading to coital goodness. Nor on a 2nd or 3rd date, now that I think of it. Tell us more about this gal...
    She's in a self proclaimed transitional phase so we meshed pretty well because of that (I'm a pretty cliche confused traveling twenty something with a degree). She's been living on couches and in her car for the past month in Oregon basically and is going to volunteer at a camp for the next couple of weeks. To sum it up she is a hippy, extremely conscious about her food, the environment, being a strong female, and all that jazz. The majority of our conversations were really revealing and unabashed, kind of like those weird therapeutic talks you get into with a complete stranger, except I wanted to sleep with her. According to her, the mushrooms she took the day before still had her in a peculiar and wonderous mindset, which coincided pretty well with the after glow I was having from some Molly.
    The weird part was near the end of the date it seemed like we had some good chemistry. I'm not sure if it was because we got pretty comfortable with each other through a long day of abstract almost scathing discussions and hanging out naked or what. I dunno, I was pretty exhausted through a lot of the day so I can't really say whether it ended well or not, seemed like it did but she seemed pretty apathetic about seeing me again.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Ramblinon, not everybody sexualizes nudity.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i have three dates once i'm recovered from this surgery business.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Ramblinon, not everybody sexualizes nudity.
    Eunuchs, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Thank you, Tom.

You should know.

I have a date with a guy tonight and he told me he is nervous, excited and has butterflies... He asked me how I was feeling and I said very honestly that I was really not looking forward to it at all. That the entire dating process is like going on job interviews but with beer, and I am tired of the whole thing. I am half hoping my negative attitude will make him not want to meet me, I just really want to go home and watch bad television instead.

HORRA!

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    I have a date with a guy tonight and he told me he is nervous, excited and has butterflies... He asked me how I was feeling and I said very honestly that I was really not looking forward to it at all. That the entire dating process is like going on job interviews but with beer, and I am tired of the whole thing. I am half hoping my negative attitude will make him not want to meet me, I just really want to go home and watch bad television instead.
    Why is he telling you he is nervous, excited, and has butterflies? I feel like if a guy were to say that to a girl that would be an immediate red flag right there. I say just pull a page out of guedita's play book and cancel and go and watch bad TV.

On a different note I ended things with the married girl. Turns out she is crazy. Yeah she is getting a divorce but it turns out her soon to be ex husband never cheated on her. She just told me that to make her seem like the good one. Apparently they spent very little time together and when they did it was always arguing and fighting with each other. I never met the guy and I'm sure it's just as much his fault, but damn I feel bad for him. I think this girl might possibly be bi-polar or something. I will admit though it might have been the best sex I've ever had. Lesson learned, NEVER sleep with anyone with more issues then you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

I've only been single for, what, 3 weeks now, and this whole game is tired. And I am only talking about the time I've spent on plenty of fish and craigslist. I highly doubt I will explore other dating website options. For the record, I have had luck, as I've shared here.

All that being said, I am leaving work to go pick up the shining gem I found on pof for another date, Disneyland at 95 fucking degree heat. I AM looking forward to this one and it feels the farthest thing from "chore" or "interview", which is I guess how it should be right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    I hope Wario and Donkey Kong don't conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by unit300021 View Post
    Why is he telling you he is nervous, excited, and has butterflies? I feel like if a guy were to say that to a girl that would be an immediate red flag right there. I say just pull a page out of guedita's play book and cancel and go and watch bad TV.

On a different note I ended things with the married girl. Turns out she is crazy. Yeah she is getting a divorce but it turns out her soon to be ex husband never cheated on her. She just told me that to make her seem like the good one. Apparently they spent very little time together and when they did it was always arguing and fighting with each other. I never met the guy and I'm sure it's just as much his fault, but damn I feel bad for him. I think this girl might possibly be bi-polar or something. I will admit though it might have been the best sex I've ever had. Lesson learned, NEVER sleep with anyone with more issues then you.
    You can sleep with someone who is fucking crazy, just don't date them.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

I have 3 months in this time around, but I did the online dating thing for 4 years back before Nick. You are right though, it shouldn't feel like a chore, I should be excited. I think I am going to cancel, I have a bottle of wine and a dexter disc waiting for me at home.

I have 3 months in this time around, but I did the online dating thing for 4 years back before Nick. You are right though, it shouldn't feel like a chore, I should be excited. I think I am going to cancel, I have a bottle of wine and a dexter disc waiting for me at home.
    I'm all for getting out of your comfort zone, being social and not secluding...but Christ, lets see, awkward nervous weird first date w someone hardly interested in...or fucking wine and dexter...
    I hate to be the cock block in this situation, but I sure as hell wouldn't judge you for staying home w dex

I've been single for about 6 months, and even thinking about going back into the dating game is tiring.

It's absurd. I ran into Pantera guy at the bar this last weekend who was drunkenly moping to the bartender and then later me how bummed he was that our discgolf date never came into fruition. "Look, (____)" I said, "sometimes I just have to get high and lock myself in my house and watch hours of television with complete disregard for whoever I might have made plans with."

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Cara, I think we're soulmates.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I agree with that, but I kind of miss having someone to lock myself in my house with. TV is so much better when you have a penis to play with during commercial breaks.

Pretty much.

Indeed. A tit to rest my hand upon, commercial or no commercial, is missed dearly.

Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Africa doesn't count.

1 NO SHIT
    2 NO SHIT
    3 NO SHIT
    4 NO SHIT
    5 NO SHIT
    6 NO SHIT
    7 NO SHIT
    8 NO SHIT

Here is some real advice, for guys at least. Online dating services are like at home treadmills/weights/dvd work outs. If one doesn't already do some form of exercise (gym, running, swimming, etc) and/or one is too lazy and unmotivated to do that shit, purchasing that at home equipment and dvd will NOT get his/her ass in shape and it will NOT motivate him/her to get in shape and it will NOT motivate him/her to live a healthier life and it will NOT motivate him/her to even use the shit that was just bought.
    Those things are there for the convenience of those that already have the determination to get in shape and stay in shape and live an active lifestyle and/or for those that already live that way.

How does this relate, in my opinion, to online dating? Same thing. If a male has always been too scared to talk to (let alone meet) women, online dating will not help, in fact, it may hurt. It only gives a false sense of comfort hiding behind a computer screen. A scared, nervous, timid guy runs the risk of never actually growing out of that phase when constantly relying on emails, online photos, profiles, questionnaires, surveys, all that bullshit.
    It seems, to me, that this online dating is most beneficial for those that actually get themselves out there and already interact w/ the opposite sex (or same sex, depending on preference). Online dating just adds a level of convenience to be taken advantage of by those that actually have an idea of how to interact with another interested party.

Of course, the other side of the coin, I admit this shit can be used to help someone's balls drop, just like at home fitness equipment can help someone really get in shape that was always out of shape. So what do I know. And it's worth saying that I am completely inexperienced in online dating, I've only been dabbling the past few weeks...with success I might add (though I do consider myself incredibly lucky in one case, honestly, I hardly had a part in how fortunate I've been with this one particular woman).
    Last edited by Dogvolta; 10-03-2012 at 11:50 AM.