Page 306 of 495 FirstFirst ... 301302303304305306307308309310311 ... LastLast
Results 9,151 to 9,180 of 14838

Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    So last night I realized I do not know how to hit on people. I was at a show last night just dancing with no intention of flirting but two seperate women looked at me and kind of got close but then they left me shortly after, and I don't know why. I am not sure if I didn't start dancing in front of them, if when one girl commented on my shirt I said "I like it too" then I proceeded to say "I like your shirt, I like red" she says something along the lines of it technically being another colour and I said there are too many colours. The closest I got to flirting/being flirted with was a guy at the end of the show asking if I wanted to go back to his place.

In sum, I do not know how to flirt/hit on/make advances on women, and I feel like it is a slightly serious issue, even though I am still in a relationship.
    Stop drinking so much soy.

VigoTheCarpathian

So last night I realized I do not know how to hit on people. I was at a show last night just dancing with no intention of flirting but two seperate women looked at me and kind of got close but then they left me shortly after, and I don't know why. I am not sure if I didn't start dancing in front of them, if when one girl commented on my shirt I said "I like it too" then I proceeded to say "I like your shirt, I like red" she says something along the lines of it technically being another colour and I said there are too many colours. The closest I got to flirting/being flirted with was a guy at the end of the show asking if I wanted to go back to his place.

In sum, I do not know how to flirt/hit on/make advances on women, and I feel like it is a slightly serious issue, even though I am still in a relationship.

Yeah, sounds like you bombed pretty hard. Talking to women can be hard, I feel you. Smile and keep eye contact and always keep the attention on her. Go for cheesily clever jokes. And honestly? Practice on ugly girls you have absolutely no interest in. Don't get creepy, just practice making conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    Find someone else.
    Yea that's what I was thinking. Try once more and if that falls through just tell her if she wants to hang out to let me know. I missed going to The Lost Abbey brewery last week because of this
    This is reassuring. I'll try my best to ignore her above-average looks. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by VigoTheCarpathian View Post
    She's just a dingaling. Be aggressive. Fuck the library, take her out, get her high and ...
    Not really my style, but then again I don't really know what she's into because we haven't had a chance to talk :P
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

That's because she's not giving you a chance. You just want her now because you can't have her.

I guess that could be it. Considering I am human and humans want things they can't have. Fucking desire.

Hm, it would make sense to move on. I've already wasted enough time as it is. Learn my lesson, cut my losses, and move on.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    Haha ok, these points make sense and I'll keep them in my mind for the future. Forget trying to form a bond, back to drunk girls when it comes to parties for now.
    No.

As ThatGirl pointed out, if you wanted her number you should have asked for it.

As OnlyNonStranger pointed out the lady you were talking with seemed to be in a bad mood and you were unlikely to get anywhere with her. "Trying to form a bond" does not always do anything but that's no reason to give up on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by phonographer View Post
    Not really my style, but then again I don't really know what she's into because we haven't had a chance to talk :P
    Listen, maybe I misspoke, but if you think a study date is going to turn her on then I think you need to listen to Ms. Lauper
    Last edited by VigoTheCarpathian; 09-22-2012 at 04:27 PM.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

sleepingrock, you should have either booty danced with her or moved to another location where you can actually talk and aren't yelling about colours over the music.

also flakey girl isn't interested in a study date. move on.

and practice on ugly chicks is an odd idea. y'all don't like being led on, so why lead on someone else? i say practice with chicks you think are out of your league. one of my guy friends makes a point of hitting on one chick a night that's out of his league. keeps him in practice and plus you never know when the girl might say yes.
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 09-22-2012 at 05:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Yeah, Ivy's got my back. I agree with her advice as well.

I will further confirm that study date girl isn't interested.

Also, a board member who shall remain nameless recently clued me into the concept of "escalating kino" over drinks the other night, and so I spent the better part of an hour today watching horrible youtubes of guys with long hair and Ed Hardy shirts talking about how to pick up women. Wtf is wrong with people. It really isn't that difficult to pick up people.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I will further confirm that study date girl isn't interested.
    Yup. That was a full on blow off if I ever heard one.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

VigoTheCarpathian

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    also flakey girl isn't interested in a study date. move on.
    to a girl who is interested in a study date? Maybe he should try fucking Jane Austen

I would be interested in a study date, but I'm very dull. And it'd probably have to be material unrelated to any involvement either party may have with formal academia.

VigoTheCarpathian

I'd study with you anytime

VigoTheCarpathian

Where is stately Rain Manor anyways? If it's any proximity to the the carpathian mountains, vigo could certainly visit

VigoTheCarpathian

I now profess my love for Hannahs mind. Just because thats how it works

Re: Courtney:

I had no idea about this, until my friendin the marines told me about it. I felt sleazy as fuck when I learned that apparently when I talk to anyone I am "negging"
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

what is this kino tomfoolery?

a guy i canceled on more than once several months ago hit me up again today looking for some of this ivy-fucking-saur. even post-surgery, i've still got it!

He's probably just a fan of Crash.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

I don't think you ever lost it, with out without surgery
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Did you both happen to message eachother? Or were you both in Calgary singles chat? I just want to know how you ran into her on the internet. Or did you mean you came across her profile and it said you both are a 96% match?
    Good news everyone! Went on OkC last night and not only am I extremely bored of that site but my ex-girlfriend and I are now at about a 56% match and a 40% enemy. So not only am I over her already but even that dumb website is telling me we shouldn't be together. So with that news in hand and the fact that there are zero attractive people on that site, I deleted my profile.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Smile and keep eye contact and always keep the attention on her.

And honestly? Practice on ugly girls you have absolutely no interest in. Don't get creepy, just practice making conversation.
    These are two great pieces of advice that will ALWAYS help.

A friend I was going to Leonard Cohen with can't make it now, and offered to find someone else to buy the ticket or let me take care of it. "Let me know how you want to take care of the extra ticket. I know a crazy MMA fighter girl that loves booze and Leonard Cohen if you're feeling adventurous. Lol! Should be a hoot! You guys would have fun"

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    A friend I was going to Leonard Cohen with can't make it now, and offered to find someone else to buy the ticket or let me take care of it. "Let me know how you want to take care of the extra ticket. I know a crazy MMA fighter girl that loves booze and Leonard Cohen if you're feeling adventurous. Lol! Should be a hoot! You guys would have fun"
    So are you going to meet her? Sounds like you'd at least get some great stories from the night!
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Get it Icey, she'll put you in a headlock and force you to eat her ass, if you play your cards right.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Also, a board member who shall remain nameless recently clued me into the concept of "escalating kino" over drinks the other night, and so I spent the better part of an hour today watching horrible youtubes of guys with long hair and Ed Hardy shirts talking about how to pick up women. Wtf is wrong with people. It really isn't that difficult to pick up people.
    Pretty funny stuff, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

Do it Icey!!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 9/23 La Roux@Fonda - 9/26 Die Antwoord@Observatory - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House - 10/12,19,26 IAMX@Complex