Page 100 of 496 FirstFirst ... 9596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 14858

Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Alchemy

Tl;dr
    Short story short: I cheated on a girl with low self-esteem for a girl with high self-esteem and was rewarded with another girl, who was prettier than them all.

Moral: Life isn't fair to all, but it is fair to Alchemy.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    I once dated a girl with very low self-esteem. She would gain weight easily, yet was more often a pretty sight with wonderful shapes. She enjoyed watching French movies, taking photos, and seeing the local bands. Her sex drive and mine matched quite perfectly, both of us being young and very excited, and so we had something successful to share. Prior to this, she had had a serious relationship - maybe a year or two in length - with some guy in her class. She refused to sleep with him, and was pained to learn that he would satisfy himself elsewhere, with another girl who would become pregnant - the event which led to his confession and her misery. Much later, in our lustful activities, we took each other's virginity, and there followed a golden age for us both. Perhaps this is why she would tell me that she loved me, not two months after we met. Unsure of what to do, and maybe a little confused from the abundance of sex, I told her that I loved her as well. I truly did enjoy myself. When my high school crush, a fascinating girl who would later alter the course of my life, told me that she liked me, I explained my romantic situation without much sadness and wished her well... But soon, my poor girlfriend began to express an unhappiness with the friends I surrounded myself with - an equal mix of good fellows and beautiful girls. She became envious of certain girls, despite that there were no hints of betrayal. Soon, she would confront me about my schooltime activities, which were all innocent things, but things she could only have knowledge of by means of espionage! I became unhappy with our relationship and attempted to end everything, but when she started to cry and tell me about her pain, I told her that I was gravely mistaken and accepted the pleasure she offered, there in her little car. Of course, her spies were enemies of mine, and with their own personal vendettas, they continued feeding her knowledge of any girl that I hugged hello, or ate with, or looked at... They told her of all the girls, except for one: a delightful and funny girl who gave me many compliments. She was a thin girl, and not very pretty, but she made me smile and laugh a lot. With our mutual friends, we went to the movie theater together (my girlfriend was not present), and at the back of the theater, watching whatever it was that we were watching, I suddenly decided to hold this new girl's hand. While our companions drove to a nearby bowling alley, the girl and I kissed each other in the backseat and felt happy. My girlfriend would, the next night, accuse me of seeing a different girl, based on her faulty information. I told her that I hadn't been seeing that girl, and that I was tired of her paranoia. We broke up and fought with each other on the phone. I found many more enemies. The new girl and I began dating, but she left me after two weeks for her ex-boyfriend. I was baffled and I visited my ex-girlfriend and kissed her. We did not rekindle our love during that time, which was the winter break of school, and when I returned on the next semester, I would ask out that major high school crush of mine. That is an entirely different story.
    bro, paragraphs are your friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtram View Post
    if you can't pull off getting drugs into a festival and consuming them, you don't deserve them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Wait. You like Cudi but you think Outkast is a one hit wonder.

Somebody shoot this fuck.

There was no time for paragraphs. I was deep within memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    There was no time for paragraphs. I was deep within memory.
    touche.

Also, to go back a few pages. I got the girl's # from the gym. She came in in street clothes and before she could change, i was all over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtram View Post
    if you can't pull off getting drugs into a festival and consuming them, you don't deserve them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Wait. You like Cudi but you think Outkast is a one hit wonder.

Somebody shoot this fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Meet George.
    How the fuck do you look Latin or Italian?

Does he have a friend named Lennie?

Demanding cats.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

romanticizer

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    Does he have a friend named Lennie?
    Who squeezes mice?

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Demanding cats.
    Gay.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I approach this girl i thought was hot at this beer festival last sunday and she ended up buying me beer for the rest of the time I was there.I got her number sent her a text saying this is my number didn't get a response so i figure it was because she was drunk and that why she was interested.So i'm kind of not sure to text her back set up another time to hang out maybe I'll text her in a couple of days and if I don't get a response then just delete her number.
    I can verify the girl was hot and they left the beer fest holding hands.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

whatever retarded shit he said after that i have no idea, I'm afraid.
    last.fm
    12/4/14 - Angel Olsen @ El Rey // 12/10/14 - Tune-Yards/Cibo Matto @ Wiltern

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    Hell, my girlfriend of the last 2 and a half years had to get me over to her house and into her bed before I got the hint. And no, Im not kidding.
    Quote Originally Posted by stuporfly View Post
    Same scene over here. I think my girlfriend might have actually had to take me by the hand and tell me we were going to make out before I knew what was what. I'm also an idiot, though.
    Ha, I'm so glad I'm not alone. I think it's worse if you are the type of guy who gets along better with women than men. Most of my friends are women, so I need fairly explicit signals. I'm getting better, and I can now see all the chances I missed in my past.

And Kat, unless the conversation is VERY bizarre, I always like being approached by a woman. Someone just making eye contact is not going to get me over to them, they could just be looking at something weird stuck to my shirt or trying to calculate my heart attack risk. If she says something first, then I know that she wants to talk to me at a minimum. Never hurts to talk. However, if the woman is way too young for me, or way "out of my league", I'm still going to talk, but I might not be as engaged because I will get a little "what does she want?" defensive. You seem to have a bit of an inferiority complex, so this might be you and you don't know it.

To sum up, a super-hot girl approaching me is definitely welcomed, but I'm probably going to be questioning her motives. I can guarantee that no one is finding you "repulsive" unless you are talking crazy talk.

Quote Originally Posted by george
    I love curves!
    Take him on a tour of Lombard Street.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    whatever retarded shit he said after that i have no idea, I'm afraid.
    I really loved this post.

Meet George.
    Looks like you may have finally found your cholo..

kittkat needs a date. with this guy: PrinceValiumJMBullock.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Kat, just to help you out a little bit with the whole "getting guys to approach by looking at them but without looking like a weirdo"...don't stare at the guy if you want him to approach you, just look at him & catch his eye. Then smile and look away. Then look back again in a couple of minutes and smile . It's easy, he will get the hint, and also get that you are kinda shy. It may be a game in a way but it works & he will definitely approach you if he's interested.
    I agree with this, I know it may seem like a coy game but it works. I am also comfortable enough in my own skin to approach a guy if I need to but I have done the sly glance from across the room while dancing. Then I would go up to the bar to get a drink and the guy I was slyly glancing almost always found me there to start chatting.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    This sounds like before you even try to get in a relationship you need to work on yourself first. If not, you could be bound for heartbreak.
    YES! I know women in their 40's who still need to do this. They jump from relationship to relationship because they don't feel pretty unless some boy is telling them they are pretty. If you can't look in the mirror and say "I am fucking awesome" then there is no point in trying to find a guy who thinks it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Going on my first okcupid date this weekend. Kind of surprised I found someone this interesting this fast. I've always been kind of skeptical when it comes to dating sites.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

I approach this girl i thought was hot at this beer festival last sunday and she ended up buying me beer for the rest of the time I was there.I got her number sent her a text saying this is my number didn't get a response so i figure it was because she was drunk and that why she was interested.So i'm kind of not sure to text her back set up another time to hang out maybe I'll text her in a couple of days and if I don't get a response then just delete her number.
    I usually tell people that "the more you drink, the hotter I look."

it was just a simple text hey this is Zack from the beer festival.
    That's it? You should send a follow up text, like "I had fun hanging out with you the other night. How did you enjoy the fest?"

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    If you can't look in the mirror and say "I am fucking awesome" then there is no point in trying to find a guy who thinks it.
    I tell myself that I'm awesome all the time, because I am.

As for approaching guys, what works best for me is to say something that will give me more than a one word response or mention something that may be interesting to him. "Hey. What's up?" doesn't get me much, but maybe notice something about him. Maybe his drink of choice? And start talking about it.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

After several e-mails back and forth I just asked Carrie out for a drink. Now I await her reply. This could be huge as I have not asked a stranger out on a date in ........ geez I would rather not say. It's kind of embarrassing.

About the approaching guys thing: I have no problem with this. I have no problem with being really explicit about my intentions also, so it's very clear.

However, I find that I end up dating sort of passive, not very confident guys as a result. So I think you have to be cautious about how much you are willing to make the first move and what that means about the tenor that is being set for the rest of the relationship. Learn from my mistakes.

"so where do you want to eat?"
    "wherever, I don't care"
    "well I could eat anything"
    "me too"
    "ok, how about Indian?"
    "oh I'll eat anything but Indian."
    "..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    "so where do you want to eat?"
    "wherever, I don't care"
    "well I could eat anything"
    "me too"
    "ok, how about Indian?"
    "oh I'll eat anything but Indian."
    "..."
    I hate this conversation! If you know what you don't want then you probably know what you do want. Speak the fuck up already.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

The guy that I've been seeing has been a good sport on deciding what we've had to eat on our dates. He hasn't exactly experienced many types of food that aren't mexican, pizza or hamburgers so my work is cut out for me. On our first date I suggested that we have Thai food since it's one of my favorites and not only did he agree to it, he actually loved it! granted, he only had the pad thai but I also let him try my curry and he seemed to like it too. I really like that he's willing to try new things and on our third date I got him to have sushi for the first time. He said he liked all that we tried (mostly Nigiri and a spider roll) but he did get full after the first round of an all-you-can-eat place, so maybe he didn't like it as much as he said (though he loved the unagi!).

Date 3 went pretty well and date 4 is this weekend. He may have stayed the night, but I'm not going to confirm anything :-p

We fooled around quite a bit and the next day he asked if I thought he was moving too fast. I told him that I was far from innocent and had an equal share of the blame on how things went that night but I do want to take things slowly since I have a lot on my plate for the next three months. I feel like "the talk" is coming fairly soon because he followed that up with a "taking things slow is fine, but I don't want to take things too slow either" and I agreed.
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

Sounds promising!

Don't think. Just let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    About the approaching guys thing: I have no problem with this. I have no problem with being really explicit about my intentions also, so it's very clear.

However, I find that I end up dating sort of passive, not very confident guys as a result. So I think you have to be cautious about how much you are willing to make the first move and what that means about the tenor that is being set for the rest of the relationship. Learn from my mistakes.
    I can see how that can happen. However, speaking for myself, if I go around hitting on everyone, I'm going to get shot down 10 times as much, and this is not going to make me more confident. If someone shows me just a little bit of interest first, I can take it from there. I'm still going to get shot down sometimes, because you ladies are cryptic. But it's like 25% of the time, not 95%.

But I do still have trouble with that first step into turning things physical, and that's on me. I've been fairly aggressive (for me, anyway) with Ms Veggie Burger, with nothing but positive signals, but I think I still blew the opportunity for a kiss on our first "real" date. I'm determined to remedy this soon though.
    Last edited by M Sparks; 02-28-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: removed a stupid statement that is probably true of everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    Ugh, it's NOT FISHING! I just don't think the guys I'm attracted to are the kind of guys who would find someone like me attractive. I only ever get hit on by cholos.
    I'll take those off your hands if you don't mind.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

A conversation on one of the phone bear dating apps.

--hey whats up
    Not much. Woke up from a nap a little while ago. You?
    --u gay or bi
    Gay.
    --gay
    --u like
    Like what?
    --that i am gay
    Sure if it works for you.
    --u live alone
    Nah. Live with my mom at the moment.
    --does mom know your gay
    Yeah.
    --is she ok with it
    More or less.
    --moore

FIN
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.