Page 491 of 494 FirstFirst ... 486487488489490491492493494 LastLast
Results 14,701 to 14,730 of 14819

Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    This would piss me off. I don't mind texts or getting messages, I enjoy knowing that the person I am interested in wants to tell me about his day, or is thinking about me. If I don't answer though, it's because I have something more important going on.

I broke up with a guy I was dating because my dad had passed away and I was dealing with that. He kept texting me and calling me because he felt I was shutting him out. I tried to explain that there was just a lot of family obligations I had to take care of. He just didn't get it, at one point I was away from my phone for like 30 minutes and when I got back to it I had around 20 missed phone calls from him. I got pissed and broke up with him over the phone in front of everyone. I feel a bit bad about that, but fucking Christ, 20 miss calls? Do people not know how caller id and voice mail work?
    Do not feel bad about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Gotta watch what you say on Gchat, unless you're utilizing the 'off the record' function, old conversations are searchable in your email forever, as well as used for the adverts.
    8/07 LeMaitre @ The Rickshaw Stop (?)
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/17 SBTRKT @ the Fox Theatre (?)
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

so i agreed to go out with a guy sunday. we exchanged numbers. i asked him his name, because we didn't say that part. he sent me about a five picture slidshow that ended with his name. then later in the day he asked "u have more pics?". there are five on the site, almost all full body, some dressy, a normal one, an outdoorsy one, wtf!? we haven't even met. how many pics do you need? i don't know why i found that off-putting, but now i don't want to go out with this guy. i want my money back. never paying to date again. i think i'm just better alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Seems like he was fishing for nudes.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

You should send him 5 photos of the exact same picture of yourself.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Seems like he was fishing for nudes.
    It’s like when I’m trying to hook up on grindr, scruff, jack’d, adam4adam, bros4bros, OKCupid, craigslist or manhunt. I have half a dozen recent pics available for viewing - face, torso and one jockstrap - and the dude still asks for more. When this happens, I know he means the coveted dick pic (which I won’t do over social media or e-mail). What’s the female equivalent of a dick pic? Still the muff shot?
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvny on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

i'm sure it's a boob or ass shot.

i made it clear on my profile i want a long-term relationship. i can get sex just fine. cara's idea may be the best approach lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    It’s like when I’m trying to hook up on grindr, scruff, jack’d, adam4adam, bros4bros, OKCupid, craigslist or manhunt.
    do you use the same pic on all these? I know someone that has a "nice" profile on A4A and a "slutty" profile on grindr. He's been caught at least twice. Why not stick to 1?
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

Why does this guy have a slideshow of pictures of himself that culminates in the presentation of his name at the ready?

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

First pic: I
    2nd pic: V
    3rd pic: Y
    4th pic: That's me!
    5th pic: IVY!
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    do you use the same pic on all these? I know someone that has a "nice" profile on A4A and a "slutty" profile on grindr. He's been caught at least twice. Why not stick to 1?
    I stick to one and done. It's worked well so far, size queens aside (though my endowment has never came into question if my gentleman caller is lucky enough to get to the the hook-up stage with me).
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip
    You bitchez will all CUM-ba-ya when y'all see my pee-shooter.
    Follow kvny on instagram :: "Lorde is my shepherd. I shall not want."

I met a guy today. He's a lawyer and he's very charming and extremely into history. He has bad taste in movies, but I might be willing to overlook that. He talks an awful lot which works for me because I don't, and he's paternalistic which, again, works for me because I'm an idiot about making decisions.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

He might be a serial killer
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I met a guy today. He's a lawyer and he's very charming and extremely into history. He has bad taste in movies, but I might be willing to overlook that. He talks an awful lot which works for me because I don't, and he's paternalistic which, again, works for me because I'm an idiot about making decisions.
    Good luck with the talks a lot part. I dated this girl for a while who talked most of the date and originally I thought this was great since it made up for my general inability to carry a conversation, but now it just annoys the crap out of me whenever I meet her because after we run out of things to discuss she spends like 2 extra hours talking about stuff I definitely do not care about and it's impossible to interrupt her to say I want to go.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

that is why most people stop seeing people who are annoying when we aren't dating them anymore
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

Yeah that's a good point and also something I learned today and will now put into practice.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

I think the broader point is it's better to date someone because the conversation feels natural than because "this other person talks a lot so I don't have to"

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    He might be a serial killer
    Holy shit I'm dating Patrick Bateman. That'd actually be kind of hot.

Browsed OKC for a while. Annoying, annoying, oh here's a girl that seems really cool. Do I want to message her? Nah, we'd probably go out for a couple months then it'd burn out. Let's check tinder... swipe right, swipe right, swipe right, left, left, right... match. Check profile. "I love Jesus, he's my best friend." Shut off my phone and place my fork into my frozen TV dinner. Ah, the bachelor's life.

Is there a cooking thread?

There is a Cooking Thread, but I have had quite a hard time trying to convince paul that not eating microwavable food isn't terrifying.
    last.fm

If everyone in this bitch knew how to cook some Thai, this thread would be null.

Tricks.

I like some Thai food sometimes, but it's one of my least favorite foods. And I like almost everything.
    last.fm

We can all agree that Amy will never date anyone who is an adjusted and productive member of society, right?
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

I don't date guys without jobs, and they're usually pretty well-off. This guy showed me his childhood home yesterday which is in a really nice part of town somewhat near MY childhood home (which I also showed him). Is that weird that we showed each other our childhood homes? Lol. I don't know. I like him. He's geeky and he says he's kinky, so we'll see. He also makes it sound like he is going to shower gifts on me which I've never had happen to me before.

Careful, he might think kinky is doing it with the lights on. Don't go pulling out the latex gloves yet.

I met this other guy on Saturday, and I'm afraid we talked TOO MUCH about what we like sexually. I need to learn how to shut the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    There is a Cooking Thread, but I have had quite a hard time trying to convince paul that not eating microwavable food isn't terrifying.
    Ok, I have a couple mid year resolutions.

1. Learn how to cook.

2. Learn how to meet people (women and men) in public settings. I'm fairly disenchanted with online dating at this point, so I need to figure out how to get out of my shell/deal with my social anxiety and just talk to people. It's probably not as hard as it seems.

Those are good goals, Icey.

Men who do not know how to cook is a big turn off for me.