Page 490 of 496 FirstFirst ... 485486487488489490491492493494495 ... LastLast
Results 14,671 to 14,700 of 14858

Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    Rey and I text each other ALL the time. We even have the "good morning" and "good night" texts. But we do live about 3,000 miles apart.
    That is sweet, especially since you live far away and weekend dates aren't really on the agenda.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

so third date was fun. i will see him again. i yawned all through the last hour and sent him home which he was kinda bummed about, but not obnoxiously bummed at least. will see him again soon. i get the impression he hasn't had as much dating experience as me.

also, this fri nd of my dad's is younger than him, older than me, and somehow i let him on my facebook. sometimes he makes weird comments about my pics. he's made comments about meeting up and tried to meet up tonight. that is just so odd and i don't think even know what to say. i wish i would have stopped this shit when my dad was still around. now he feels some need to console me and make me a republican, gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I'm glad you had fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    No, he's either a creep or or he's ultra needy/super desperate or he's emotionally stunted
    It's like you're looking directly into my soul

I miss the good morning texts I used to get from Zack when we were living apart. Now he just spritzes me with a spray bottle and giggles.

12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

I just had the most amazing three days with someone, but now she has to move back to Colombia where she has to stay for two years. Oh life. A 4000 mile relationship seems like a bad move since I just got out of a 1500 mile one.

In my experience more females like the constant texting and contact than those who don't, but it's good to settle in a routine naturally, and not force it either way. I think getting the odd idle message from someone you've only met a few times is great though, as it means they're thinking about you. But when it's several times a day (like the last girl I dated) it gets very annoying.
    11/28 - Dixon - Secret
    12/5 - Gareth Emery - SLS Vegas
    12/6 - Heart - House of Blues, Las Vegas
    12/12 - Cat Stevens - Masonic Center
    4/17-4/19 - Coachella weekend 2

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post

also, this fri nd of my dad's is younger than him, older than me, and somehow i let him on my facebook. sometimes he makes weird comments about my pics. he's made comments about meeting up and tried to meet up tonight. that is just so odd and i don't think even know what to say. i wish i would have stopped this shit when my dad was still around. now he feels some need to console me and make me a republican, gross.
    ivy, this would creep me out tremendously and I hope you don't go to meet him. That sounds very weird to me.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

That is a bit weird. If it makes you uncomfortable, unfriend him and don't feel bad about it. I'm sure your dad would say the same thing.

Is it weird to arrange a first date with someone who lives in a different state? I met this guy at our mutual friend's wedding, and a few of us are road tripping to Candy Rocks in CA for a weekend, and I want him to be there. I'm hoping we don't just hook up. This guy found a spot in my heart, but I mean... how impossible, right? In an ideal world, I'd charm the pants off of him, we'd snuggle in hammocks and then I'd drag him back home like a cavewoman.

The republican comment just gave me the chills.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    Is it weird to arrange a first date with someone who lives in a different state? I met this guy at our mutual friend's wedding, and a few of us are road tripping to Candy Rocks in CA for a weekend, and I want him to be there. I'm hoping we don't just hook up. This guy found a spot in my heart, but I mean... how impossible, right? In an ideal world, I'd charm the pants off of him, we'd snuggle in hammocks and then I'd drag him back home like a cavewoman.
    Go for it regardless, especially if he indicated he felt the same way. Those instant reactions don't come along very often.
    11/28 - Dixon - Secret
    12/5 - Gareth Emery - SLS Vegas
    12/6 - Heart - House of Blues, Las Vegas
    12/12 - Cat Stevens - Masonic Center
    4/17-4/19 - Coachella weekend 2

i broke it off. if someone says they have a busy day, and you keep texting even though they haven't responded that is too much.

and i know i need to remove my dad's friend, i just hate confrontation. it will happen soon.
    Last edited by chairmenmeow47; 06-22-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Ivy, you man eater, you. jk. I'm super good at shaking off confrontation. No big deal if you approach it right, sometimes you laugh it off and wash your hands of those weirdos forever.

As for Clleadz very romantic and optimistic comment, I admire that outlook. I think I was just all gushy from listening to some stuff one night and I posted during a weak moment, likely intoxicated, but I blame PMS. Now I'm just happy to be going on a road trip to some awesome natural water slides and check out some big trees with cool guys. Whatever will be will be. (still gonna pack some fun things tho ) Wee, summer lovin'!

I need to get something going soon. I have a whole month without kids! I feel like I should be getting some, but I also want a relationship which is tougher for me to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Quote Originally Posted by djbionik View Post
    Ivy, you man eater, you. jk. I'm super good at shaking off confrontation. No big deal if you approach it right, sometimes you laugh it off and wash your hands of those weirdos forever.

As for Clleadz very romantic and optimistic comment, I admire that outlook. I think I was just all gushy from listening to some stuff one night and I posted during a weak moment, likely intoxicated, but I blame PMS. Now I'm just happy to be going on a road trip to some awesome natural water slides and check out some big trees with cool guys. Whatever will be will be. (still gonna pack some fun things tho ) Wee, summer lovin'!
    ha, i get way too freaked out and emotional over confrontation. i cried after texting that guy yesterday because confrontation makes me that nervous. i never know how people will react. he took it fine though!

and sounds like a fun trip, have a blast

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i broke it off. if someone says they have a busy day, and you keep texting even though they haven't responded that is too much.
    A while ago, this guy who I chatted with on a regular basis was trying to tell me this really long story on gchat. I told him that I can't read it right now because I was busy. It was a really hectic crazy day at work. He continued to type his story and I just ignored it. After about 15 minutes, he messaged me saying "So in summary" and retold his story in less words. I was cranky and replied "What part of I'm busy don't you understand?" He then called me a bitch and blocked me.

Good riddance.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin View Post
    A while ago, this guy who I chatted with on a regular basis was trying to tell me this really long story on gchat. I told him that I can't read it right now because I was busy. It was a really hectic crazy day at work. He continued to type his story and I just ignored it. After about 15 minutes, he messaged me saying "So in summary" and retold his story in less words. I was cranky and replied "What part of I'm busy don't you understand?" He then called me a bitch and blocked me.
    This would piss me off. I don't mind texts or getting messages, I enjoy knowing that the person I am interested in wants to tell me about his day, or is thinking about me. If I don't answer though, it's because I have something more important going on.

I broke up with a guy I was dating because my dad had passed away and I was dealing with that. He kept texting me and calling me because he felt I was shutting him out. I tried to explain that there was just a lot of family obligations I had to take care of. He just didn't get it, at one point I was away from my phone for like 30 minutes and when I got back to it I had around 20 missed phone calls from him. I got pissed and broke up with him over the phone in front of everyone. I feel a bit bad about that, but fucking Christ, 20 miss calls? Do people not know how caller id and voice mail work?
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Someone behaving like that when you have had a death in the family is just crazy, and.. totally selfish and inconsiderate.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    This would piss me off. I don't mind texts or getting messages, I enjoy knowing that the person I am interested in wants to tell me about his day, or is thinking about me. If I don't answer though, it's because I have something more important going on.

I broke up with a guy I was dating because my dad had passed away and I was dealing with that. He kept texting me and calling me because he felt I was shutting him out. I tried to explain that there was just a lot of family obligations I had to take care of. He just didn't get it, at one point I was away from my phone for like 30 minutes and when I got back to it I had around 20 missed phone calls from him. I got pissed and broke up with him over the phone in front of everyone. I feel a bit bad about that, but fucking Christ, 20 miss calls? Do people not know how caller id and voice mail work?
    Do not feel bad about that.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

Gotta watch what you say on Gchat, unless you're utilizing the 'off the record' function, old conversations are searchable in your email forever, as well as used for the adverts.
    12/31 NYE w/ Chromeo @ Fort Mason
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    02/13 Breakbot @ The Mezzanine
    03/02 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

so i agreed to go out with a guy sunday. we exchanged numbers. i asked him his name, because we didn't say that part. he sent me about a five picture slidshow that ended with his name. then later in the day he asked "u have more pics?". there are five on the site, almost all full body, some dressy, a normal one, an outdoorsy one, wtf!? we haven't even met. how many pics do you need? i don't know why i found that off-putting, but now i don't want to go out with this guy. i want my money back. never paying to date again. i think i'm just better alone.

Seems like he was fishing for nudes.
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    12/21 Dillon Francis @Shrine - 12/27 IAMX @Complex - 12/31 IAMX @Slims - 1/3 Foxygen @Roxy - 1/4 Buddy Nielsen @Constellation Room - 1/14 Run The Jewels @Regent

You should send him 5 photos of the exact same picture of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Seems like he was fishing for nudes.
    It’s like when I’m trying to hook up on grindr, scruff, jack’d, adam4adam, bros4bros, OKCupid, craigslist or manhunt. I have half a dozen recent pics available for viewing - face, torso and one jockstrap - and the dude still asks for more. When this happens, I know he means the coveted dick pic (which I won’t do over social media or e-mail). What’s the female equivalent of a dick pic? Still the muff shot?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by fakekvnty View Post
    As awkward as the time I force-felched you?
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip

i'm sure it's a boob or ass shot.

i made it clear on my profile i want a long-term relationship. i can get sex just fine. cara's idea may be the best approach lol.

Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    It’s like when I’m trying to hook up on grindr, scruff, jack’d, adam4adam, bros4bros, OKCupid, craigslist or manhunt.
    do you use the same pic on all these? I know someone that has a "nice" profile on A4A and a "slutty" profile on grindr. He's been caught at least twice. Why not stick to 1?
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    12/21 Dillon Francis @Shrine - 12/27 IAMX @Complex - 12/31 IAMX @Slims - 1/3 Foxygen @Roxy - 1/4 Buddy Nielsen @Constellation Room - 1/14 Run The Jewels @Regent

Why does this guy have a slideshow of pictures of himself that culminates in the presentation of his name at the ready?

First pic: I
    2nd pic: V
    3rd pic: Y
    4th pic: That's me!
    5th pic: IVY!
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    do you use the same pic on all these? I know someone that has a "nice" profile on A4A and a "slutty" profile on grindr. He's been caught at least twice. Why not stick to 1?
    I stick to one and done. It's worked well so far, size queens aside (though my endowment has never came into question if my gentleman caller is lucky enough to get to the the hook-up stage with me).
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    ... Keep fucking that chicken.
    As awkward as the time I force-felched you?
    All you ladybois want inside this pink slip