Page 478 of 496 FirstFirst ... 473474475476477478479480481482483 ... LastLast
Results 14,311 to 14,340 of 14867

Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

But also I kind of want her to continue to have terrible OKC dates that I can write about.

10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival
    10/22: Roman Flugel @ f8
    10/25: Moodymann @ PW
    11/20: The Drive by Truckers, Sturgill Simpson @ The Fillmore

Please tell us you have a friend with at least one tinder story, Guedita :-)
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

One of my friends has been using tinder, but I haven't talked to her in a while. The last tinder story she told me about was going to meet a guy at a bar with a patio who took out a blunt, smoked the entire thing (she declined a hit), and then just stared and couldn't think of anything to say. So she left him, just....sitting there.

Because if any online dating service has capricious users, it's tinder!

She's been perplexed that a lot of the men she's talked to on tindr are not actually DTF.

There should be a coachella tinder tent

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    She's been perplexed that a lot of the men she's talked to on tindr are not actually DTF.
    This is perplexing to me too; I think it ruins the whole damn thing if the sole purpose is not sex. There are other dating sites, go use those if you want a relationship.

The best part about tinder is you can meet people while you're out running around. I've had a girlfriend since the app was released, but i've actually seen a lot of my friends meet cool people while we're out at bars/games/restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by chbludevil View Post
    Guedita, I think you and your friend should write an equally fucked up letter back to him that calls him out on all his bullshit, unless of course there is the chance he takes it the wrong way and thinks your friend is simply reaching out to him to get back together. In that case I would just take a poop in an express envelope and send that shit to him, no other reply needed.
    Nope. No reply at all. This guy is trying to make a statement, trying to get her to think about him, trying to keep communication open. Responding in any way is a win for him and justifies (in his mind) him trying again.
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

Right. I mean, what book has chapter 4? He wants to write more chapters.

"Sometimes a chapter can be a book"

from my favorite movie
    I feel like dad-rock wouldn't get so bad of a rep if we called it pop-rock

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

When did IceyHotshot become empowered to give relationship advice?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I don't think what he said could really be construed as "relationship advice." It's more like a shopping tip.
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    When did IceyHotshot become empowered to give relationship advice?
    But to be fair, when did any of us become empowered to give relationship advice?

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    Nope. No reply at all. This guy is trying to make a statement, trying to get her to think about him, trying to keep communication open. Responding in any way is a win for him and justifies (in his mind) him trying again.
    That's what my ex does to me, and it sucks but it works.
    Because fucking millenials that's what

One of my friends has been using tinder, but I haven't talked to her in a while. The last tinder story she told me about was going to meet a guy at a bar with a patio who took out a blunt, smoked the entire thing (she declined a hit), and then just stared and couldn't think of anything to say. So she left him, just....sitting there.
    Did she have a date with Zack?
    Last edited by algunz; 03-21-2014 at 08:21 AM.

hahaha no, but she told Zack and I the story and he did not understand why that was a bad first date. "What's the problem?"

score

I forgot that outside of Colorado this could lead to an arrest. Here if you did that they MIGHT ask you to leave - if not to just put it out.

Uh, it's Oakland. And Northern California in general. No one gives a shit.

hahaha no, but she told Zack and I the story and he did not understand why that was a bad first date. "What's the problem?"
    One of these days I'll get his name right.

Uh, it's Oakland. And Northern California in general. No one gives a shit.
    Having just finished a road trip that went through Humboldt County I should've just assumed this.
    Last edited by Sheldorrr; 03-21-2014 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    One of these days I'll get his name right.
    yes you will, alexandra.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Read it again, Sheldy.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    yes you will, alexandra.
    Thanks, TomAss

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Read it again, Sheldy.
    Thanks dawg.

Buahahahahaha

I miss your friendship *** -- you were such a fascinatingly kind person. I liked you on so many levels that you probably never knew because of that alone. I haven't been able to meet many people since I've moved here. And even though you probably feel like you couldn't face me after disappearing, I would very much like to be your friend someday.

Dating is messy. I got hurt. You probably did too. It happens. I wanted to be angry at you. But I'm really not. I forgave you when I sent your birthday present. What can I say I'm a stupidly forgiving soul. Damn brain chemicals and the bullshit feelings they create.

But seriously, this is silly. I'm a good person. And so are you. And you don't want to date me. I'm very ok with that. There's no reason to block me or shut me out. I mean, unless I did something really stupid? Trust me, I'm wracked my brain for weeks trying to fill in the blanks. And the more I've thought about it, I found nothing. I did learn a lot from you and this experience. And I'm betting you learned a lot from me. If anything, I hope I helped you get your groove back a bit. You had a bum wing and needed a pick me up. I'm actually kind of honored and proud you picked me to be your first partner after such a long period of self-imposed celibacy. It does reaffirm my awesome oddly.

So I'm willing to let bygones be bygones. Because, I would very much like you in my life as a friend. I don't know how to convey my raw honesty about this, but it's true. I don't think I'd be able to hang out or whatever just yet, but it would be great to know you don't hate me or whatever. And it would be way cool to have a movie going buddy. Or someone to check out cool art with in the future.

Besides, I really want to pick your brain about dog adoption. And I have so many questions about insects. I actually wrote a list!

Like can any of them see in infrared? Or what's the average life span of a cockroach. And what's the latest belief on the sentience of ants and colonies. And do any insects live completely underwater? This is the stuff I think about!

So, unless I did something really stupid and I'm clueless about it, and you noped me out of your life for good because of it, I hope you'll consider it. Or at least tell me to fuck off or at least tell me what stupid shit I did, as I'm not a fan of doing things that hurt people -- and ultimately, come on, I don't deserve to be vanished on, you know that. And frankly, it would make me very happy to have you 100% completely as a platonic friend and nothing more. Like stone cold seriously. No cuddles. Nothing remotely line blurring. I can't let you in that far again.

We can even swear a pact of secrecy about our prior shenanigans and pretend it never happened.

So what do you say? All is forgiven, fresh start, just friends?

I mean, that's like way better than having to live with all that past messiness anyway.

And I predict in 3, 2, 1... you'll block me. But jeezus lizard, wtf ***, I want to believe you are better than that ... namely because doing this kind of stuff is shitty and it makes you into the person who did all that unfair yelling at you as a child -- it makes you mean and abusive. And that's not ok. Sorry, but that's what a friend would tell you. And that's what I want to be to you.

Buahahahahaha

I miss your friendship *** -- you were such a fascinatingly kind person. I liked you on so many levels that you probably never knew because of that alone. I haven't been able to meet many people since I've moved here. And even though you probably feel like you couldn't face me after disappearing, I would very much like to be your friend someday.

Dating is messy. I got hurt. You probably did too. It happens. I wanted to be angry at you. But I'm really not. I forgave you when I sent your birthday present. What can I say I'm a stupidly forgiving soul. Damn brain chemicals and the bullshit feelings they create.

But seriously, this is silly. I'm a good person. And so are you. And you don't want to date me. I'm very ok with that. There's no reason to block me or shut me out. I mean, unless I did something really stupid? Trust me, I'm wracked my brain for weeks trying to fill in the blanks. And the more I've thought about it, I found nothing. I did learn a lot from you and this experience. And I'm betting you learned a lot from me. If anything, I hope I helped you get your groove back a bit. You had a bum wing and needed a pick me up. I'm actually kind of honored and proud you picked me to be your first partner after such a long period of self-imposed celibacy. It does reaffirm my awesome oddly.

So I'm willing to let bygones be bygones. Because, I would very much like you in my life as a friend. I don't know how to convey my raw honesty about this, but it's true. I don't think I'd be able to hang out or whatever just yet, but it would be great to know you don't hate me or whatever. And it would be way cool to have a movie going buddy. Or someone to check out cool art with in the future.

Besides, I really want to pick your brain about dog adoption. And I have so many questions about insects. I actually wrote a list!

Like can any of them see in infrared? Or what's the average life span of a cockroach. And what's the latest belief on the sentience of ants and colonies. And do any insects live completely underwater? This is the stuff I think about!

So, unless I did something really stupid and I'm clueless about it, and you noped me out of your life for good because of it, I hope you'll consider it. Or at least tell me to fuck off or at least tell me what stupid shit I did, as I'm not a fan of doing things that hurt people -- and ultimately, come on, I don't deserve to be vanished on, you know that. And frankly, it would make me very happy to have you 100% completely as a platonic friend and nothing more. Like stone cold seriously. No cuddles. Nothing remotely line blurring. I can't let you in that far again.

We can even swear a pact of secrecy about our prior shenanigans and pretend it never happened.

So what do you say? All is forgiven, fresh start, just friends?

I mean, that's like way better than having to live with all that past messiness anyway.

And I predict in 3, 2, 1... you'll block me. But jeezus lizard, wtf ***, I want to believe you are better than that ... namely because doing this kind of stuff is shitty and it makes you into the person who did all that unfair yelling at you as a child -- it makes you mean and abusive. And that's not ok. Sorry, but that's what a friend would tell you. And that's what I want to be to you.

Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Guy Gerber - 10/29 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Fun Fun Fun Fest -11/7 - 11/9 - Auditorium Shores
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk