Page 475 of 496 FirstFirst ... 470471472473474475476477478479480 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,250 of 14858

Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Please share his prose here.

Also, what kind of cologne? Please be Axe.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    Please share his prose here.
    I don't have access to it currently, she showed me his email. She's going to send me a picture of the letter.

12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

No offense to Zach, but I kind of wish Cara was single so she could be having these kinds of experiences first hand to share with us.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

I don't have access to it currently, she showed me his email. She's going to send me a picture of the letter.
    I eagerly await the viewing of this picture.

Drakkar.

I spent a good five minutes trying to think what psychological disorder you meant by 'PUA stuff'..........yeah I've had a rough dating history.
    CHECK OUT HOW ME AND MY BORING FRIENDS EXPERIENCE COACHELLA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FL8IWFxMU

Okay. My best friend joined OKCupid a few months ago. Disclaimer: she has always been in relationships with terrible, awful guys. Also, men have been falling for her and writing her terrible, awful poetry and prose since highschool. It's the weirdest thing. Also, she's totally gay and shouldn't be going out with dudes anyway but whatever. Anyway, her first date was with a guy about 12 years older than her, who took her to a scotch bar, as they both like scotch. She found him interesting enough/she wanted to trudge through this new dating experience to see him a few more times, but immediately picked up on his PUA tendencies -- kino, slight negging, etc. I don't know WHY she ever went on date #2 with him because after date #1 he wrote her a piece of prose about the date that was just....embarrassing. She should have ended it then, but saw him a few more times. On date #3, he came over to her place once and purposely told her he was leaving an article of clothing. By this time she was trying to actively avoid going on another date with him because she wasn't interested but couldn't muster up the energy to make a clean break, and she'd do so by saying she didn't have enough money to go out (she is insistent about always going dutch). Bad move on her part, but apparently this guy badgered her on the phone to the point where she agreed that she'd go on another date with him. She finally told him that she did NOT want to be his girlfriend and wanted to continue to date and sleep with other people and enjoy her life and he through a hissy fit and sent her more weird passive aggressive prose pieces about the journey of their relationship, agreed that this wasn't what he wanted so decided he was ending it, came to her place to pick up his article of clothing/attempt to mark his territory, lingered around hoping for break-up sex, and then finally left.

Today she received a letter in the mail from him, titled, "Chapter 4: A Happy Birthday and Saying Goodbye." Sprayed with his cologne. Included in the letter, a $20 bill.
    This is the beginning of some great short-form nonfiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    I spent a good five minutes trying to think what psychological disorder you meant by 'PUA stuff'..........yeah I've had a rough dating history.
    I had to google it.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I had to google it.
    I also had to Google negging.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.

The only reason I knew it meant Pick Up Artist (after eliminating like 9 mental illnesses) is because one of the bros I hangout with worships that style. He also has a girlfriend and is a skeezeball.

Okay. My best friend joined OKCupid a few months ago. Disclaimer: she has always been in relationships with terrible, awful guys. Also, men have been falling for her and writing her terrible, awful poetry and prose since highschool. It's the weirdest thing. Also, she's totally gay and shouldn't be going out with dudes anyway but whatever. Anyway, her first date was with a guy about 12 years older than her, who took her to a scotch bar, as they both like scotch. She found him interesting enough/she wanted to trudge through this new dating experience to see him a few more times, but immediately picked up on his PUA tendencies -- kino, slight negging, etc. I don't know WHY she ever went on date #2 with him because after date #1 he wrote her a piece of prose about the date that was just....embarrassing. She should have ended it then, but saw him a few more times. On date #3, he came over to her place once and purposely told her he was leaving an article of clothing. By this time she was trying to actively avoid going on another date with him because she wasn't interested but couldn't muster up the energy to make a clean break, and she'd do so by saying she didn't have enough money to go out (she is insistent about always going dutch). Bad move on her part, but apparently this guy badgered her on the phone to the point where she agreed that she'd go on another date with him. She finally told him that she did NOT want to be his girlfriend and wanted to continue to date and sleep with other people and enjoy her life and he through a hissy fit and sent her more weird passive aggressive prose pieces about the journey of their relationship, agreed that this wasn't what he wanted so decided he was ending it, came to her place to pick up his article of clothing/attempt to mark his territory, lingered around hoping for break-up sex, and then finally left.

Today she received a letter in the mail from him, titled, "Chapter 4: A Happy Birthday and Saying Goodbye." Sprayed with his cologne. Included in the letter, a $20 bill.
    Wow, so you actually took the time to write that up on an internet forum since you have no real friends to share that with, huh. Fucking loser.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    Wow, so you actually took the time to write that up on an internet forum since you have no real friends to share that with, huh. Fucking loser.
    Let me guess: you're an active user of PUA techniques?

RIP 7 minutes of my life that I wasted typing up an incredibly funny anecdote to share on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldorrr View Post
    The only reason I knew it meant Pick Up Artist (after eliminating like 9 mental illnesses) ...
    Google is easier.

and you spent your time reading it because......Right. Loser.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpstart View Post
    You didn't think this through, did you.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the funniest part of this to me is that this guy used to be a Republican political speech writer.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the funniest part of this to me is that this guy used to be a Republican political speech writer.
    His writing to your friend was probably loaded with metaphors about family values and what she should and shouldn't do with her body (probably her vagina in particular)

Is this the friend that I've met? She's gay!?! That is titillating.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

I'm in a long distance relationship (160 miles) and the girl I am with lives with her mom in my home area. I spend half of my time up north staying with her, but it's fucking weird. She is an x-ray tech and makes good money, but her bills and having fun on her days off take up all the extra money she would have to move out. When she goes to work, I pretty much hide out in her basement while her family is upstairs. I've been looking for work in the area, and told her I would get a place with her up here and also be on my lease paying for my spot 160 miles away too, but she doesn't seem interested in it until after the summer is over.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

the fact that he had to badger her to get a third date should have been his clue that she wasn't interested. the creepiest thing of all is the $20 in the mail.. i wouldn't be surprised if this psycho, after not hearing back from her, asked for the money back.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    I also had to Google negging.
    PUA, kino, negging.. I googled all 3.

I am trying to understand how 'negging' works. You get a woman to sleep with you by insulting her? This is probably why I sucked at getting hookups back in the day. I thought you had to be nice and shit. I guess that was too boring.

PUA, kino, negging.. I googled all 3.

I am trying to understand how 'negging' works. You get a woman to sleep with you by insulting her? This is probably why I sucked at getting hookups back in the day. I thought you should be nice and shit. I guess that was too boring.
    The article I found was to teach men about how to correctly neg and who it works best on. So awful.
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.

So I take it if you (not you, specifically, i mean anyone) do it artfully, you create a feeling of insecurity in the woman, and then she sleeps with you to prove to herself that she's worthy?

What sort of dumb broads does this work on?

So I take it if you (not you, specifically, i mean anyone) do it artfully, you create a feeling of insecurity in the woman, and then she sleeps with you to prove to herself that she's worthy?

What sort of dumb broads does this work on?
    Apparently it only works on super hot chicks that are not used to being insulted, and are intrigued at not being the centre of some guy's turning world and it becomes a challenge or something. Not as hot, already slightly insecure chicks that are more used to rejection don't buy into this as readily.

I've never opened this thread before. It's pretty interesting..

I met my girlfriend briefly at a street festival but didn't exchange numbers or anything. I regretted it and posted a missed connections ad on cragslist and it worked! She responded and we started dating. It's been about a year and a half now.

Has anybody just been reading PUA techniques for the past 10-20 minutes, fascinated that some people are dumb enough to try it / allow it?

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    Apparently it only works on super hot chicks that are not used to being insulted, and are intrigued at not being the centre of some guy's turning world and it becomes a challenge or something. Not as hot, already slightly insecure chicks that are more used to rejection don't buy into this as readily.
    What? No. It's my understanding that this tactic works best on insecure chicks.

What? No. It's my understanding that this tactic works best on insecure chicks.
    This. This and girls with daddy issues (who typically fit in the demographic of insecure chicks).