Page 99 of 496 FirstFirst ... 949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 14858

Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    Even if I did, I don't see how that would help with the crippling social anxiety, the overwhelming feeling of FOREVER ALONE and the intense self-loathing I've been experiencing since getting my heart broken.
    I thought this 3 years ago when I broke up with my fiancÚ. It's temporary. Just live with it and it will go away someday.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I agree, and I don't know why you even post on this thread when you reject any advice you're given and don't seem willing to change your approach, even after asking why it's not working.
    Kind of hard to look like I'm "taking advice" when I'm sitting at work. I'll try the next time I go out, which will be on Friday.

EDIT: Also, everyone seems to be forgetting my story about chatting up a random stranger at a bar while waiting for friends. You probably don't understand how much of a big step that was for me.

Do you really expect us to remember every little detail of your ongoing saga?

Kat, just to help you out a little bit with the whole "getting guys to approach by looking at them but without looking like a weirdo"...don't stare at the guy if you want him to approach you, just look at him & catch his eye! Then smile and look away. It's easy, he will get the hint, and also get that you are kinda shy...
    Last edited by casey; 08-23-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

EDIT: Also, everyone seems to be forgetting my story about chatting up a random stranger at a bar while waiting for friends. You probably don't understand how much of a big step that was for me.
    It was a big step toward more of the same self-loathing.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

It helps if you acknowledge what people are saying, that way we don't think it falls on deaf ears. "Okay, this sounds like sound advice - I will try this next time".

You don't seem very appreciative of the kind words/advice either.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    But girls act disinterested when THEY ARE interested also. Its a no win, cause all ya'll bitchez are just fucking weird.
    Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks
    Lick on these nuts and suck the dick
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Str8 up Gizzle

Even if I did, I don't see how that would help with the crippling social anxiety, the overwhelming feeling of FOREVER ALONE and the intense self-loathing I've been experiencing since getting my heart broken.
    This sounds like before you even try to get in a relationship you need to work on yourself first. If not, you could be bound for heartbreak.

Rub yourself to moist status and read a cherished book

I acknowledge and appreciate the advice. Some of it is very good and I will make sure to remember it the next time I go out; some of it sucks and I think its full of bad ideas — but probably motivated by trolling.

Nice people here are nice. I dig that.

Quote Originally Posted by casey View Post
    Kat, just to help you out a little bit with the whole "getting guys to approach by looking at them but without looking like a weirdo"...don't stare at the guy if you want him to approach you, just look at him & catch his eye. Then smile and look away. Then look back again in a couple of minutes and smile . It's easy, he will get the hint, and also get that you are kinda shy. It may be a game in a way but it works & he will definitely approach you if he's interested.
    Casey, this is sound advice . . . if she was fucking 13!

Kat, it looks like a lot of the people on these forums really like you. Obviously you have some sort of charisma to get a bunch of people on the interwebs to like you. I know it's not the same talking to people in social situations as it is typing on your computer but apparently there is something about you that gets people to care about you. Also, you're a foxy lady so have some self confidence in yourself. Also, try to avoid any negativity towards yourself. If you don't love yourself then how can you expect anyone else to love you? Just sayin'

Sincerely, a random lurker that noticed that the boardies enjoy talking about your life here.

Good luck on your future romantic endeavors.

Edit- I had no idea kat posted before I posted this. Looks like I was late to the party
    Last edited by Hysteria; 02-27-2012 at 07:10 PM.

I acknowledge and appreciate the advice. Some of it is very good and I will make sure to remember it the next time I go out; some of it sucks and I think its full of bad ideas — but probably motivated by trolling.

Good, good. Let us know how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Cheers. I second what Dale says, good luck with it and report back!

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    I find it kind of hard to believe that the woman in the pic up there is having a hard time finding a relationship! She's very attractive. Of course I haven't read any of the past 98 pages so I have no idea whats wrong with her, if anything.

But on another note, I just recently got into a relationship this past month after purposely avoiding any serious relationships for about 3 years. I don't wanna divulge too much here but it's weird, things with this girl are going kinda fast. The way I feel for her now is how I felt about another chick after about 7 months into that relationship. It's a little frightening because I'm not the type to allow myself to feel vulnerable to anyone that I just met a couple of months ago.

So I ask of you boardies, do you think my strong feelings for this girl are merely because I haven't allowed myself to get close to anyone for several years? Should I slow things down?
    i haven't read the rest of the thread after this, but what kind of world are we living in when a lurker calls kat a woman, but his woman a girl?

and for my fourth date, i finally have a weekend date to see an afternoon showing of the artist. i'm moving at the speed of tina fey over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    i haven't read the rest of the thread after this, but what kind of world are we living in when a lurker calls kat a woman, but his woman a girl?

and for my fourth date, i finally have a weekend date to see an afternoon showing of the artist. i'm moving at the speed of tina fey over here.
    Woman, girl, lady, damsel, maiden, miss, lass, take your pick.

I just like switching things up a bit. Guess I didn't do a good job at that, eh. lol

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteria View Post
    Woman, girl, lady, damsel, maiden, miss, lass, take your pick.

I just like switching things up a bit. Guess I didn't do a good job at that, eh. lol
    since you're a phoenician lurker, i'll let you in on the fact that we were discussing the whole woman versus girl thing earlier in the thread don't worry about timing, just focus on your feelings and enjoy this girl/woman/throat-puppet.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

I approach this girl i thought was hot at this beer festival last sunday and she ended up buying me beer for the rest of the time I was there.I got her number sent her a text saying this is my number didn't get a response so i figure it was because she was drunk and that why she was interested.So i'm kind of not sure to text her back set up another time to hang out maybe I'll text her in a couple of days and if I don't get a response then just delete her number.
    Last edited by getbetter; 02-27-2012 at 07:11 PM.
    Translation

Ty Segall / Cold Beat/WAND @ GAMH 01/29/15
    Sparks @ Ace Hotel 02/14/15
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15
    Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriets 05/30/15

Last.fm

I hope you used punctuation in your text message because that post was hard to follow.

My tip for boys: Use proper grammar and punctuation in your text messages. It makes you attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    since you're a phoenician lurker, i'll let you in on the fact that we were discussing the whole woman versus girl thing earlier in the thread don't worry about timing, just focus on your feelings and enjoy this girl/woman/throat-puppet.
    Yea, I had no idea that was already discussed haha

And no worries, we'll definitely be enjoying eachother

I once dated a girl with very low self-esteem. She would gain weight easily, yet was more often a pretty sight with wonderful shapes. She enjoyed watching French movies, taking photos, and seeing the local bands. Her sex drive and mine matched quite perfectly, both of us being young and very excited, and so we had something successful to share. Prior to this, she had had a serious relationship - maybe a year or two in length - with some guy in her class. She refused to sleep with him, and was pained to learn that he would satisfy himself elsewhere, with another girl who would become pregnant - the event which led to his confession and her misery. Much later, in our lustful activities, we took each other's virginity, and there followed a golden age for us both. Perhaps this is why she would tell me that she loved me, not two months after we met. Unsure of what to do, and maybe a little confused from the abundance of sex, I told her that I loved her as well. I truly did enjoy myself. When my high school crush, a fascinating girl who would later alter the course of my life, told me that she liked me, I explained my romantic situation without much sadness and wished her well... But soon, my poor girlfriend began to express an unhappiness with the friends I surrounded myself with - an equal mix of good fellows and beautiful girls. She became envious of certain girls, despite that there were no hints of betrayal. Soon, she would confront me about my schooltime activities, which were all innocent things, but things she could only have knowledge of by means of espionage! I became unhappy with our relationship and attempted to end everything, but when she started to cry and tell me about her pain, I told her that I was gravely mistaken and accepted the pleasure she offered, there in her little car. Of course, her spies were enemies of mine, and with their own personal vendettas, they continued feeding her knowledge of any girl that I hugged hello, or ate with, or looked at... They told her of all the girls, except for one: a delightful and funny girl who gave me many compliments. She was a thin girl, and not very pretty, but she made me smile and laugh a lot. With our mutual friends, we went to the movie theater together (my girlfriend was not present), and at the back of the theater, watching whatever it was that we were watching, I suddenly decided to hold this new girl's hand. While our companions drove to a nearby bowling alley, the girl and I kissed each other in the backseat and felt happy. My girlfriend would, the next night, accuse me of seeing a different girl, based on her faulty information. I told her that I hadn't been seeing that girl, and that I was tired of her paranoia. We broke up and fought with each other on the phone. I found many more enemies. The new girl and I began dating, but she left me after two weeks for her ex-boyfriend. I was baffled and I visited my ex-girlfriend and kissed her. We did not rekindle our love during that time, which was the winter break of school, and when I returned on the next semester, I would ask out that major high school crush of mine. That is an entirely different story.

I have signed up with okcupid.

zircona1.
    We're here to play some Mississippi Delta Blues. We're in a horrible depression, and I gotta admit - we're starting to like it.

I hope you used punctuation in your text message because that post was hard to follow.

My tip for boys: Use proper grammar and punctuation in your text messages. It makes you attractive.
    it was just a simple text hey this is Zack from the beer festival.
    Translation

Ty Segall / Cold Beat/WAND @ GAMH 01/29/15
    Sparks @ Ace Hotel 02/14/15
    Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15
    Neutral Milk Hotel @ Pappy & Harriets 05/30/15

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Casey, this is sound advice . . . if she was fucking 13!
    clearly, that was the point.
    Last edited by casey; 08-23-2012 at 09:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newro7ic View Post
    Lakers fans are some of the most delusional people in the world, I swear.
    my name is casey. i love pavement and i want to pet every dog in the world.

Alchemy

Tl;dr

Casey, I think Katt needs talking mice and little birds to make her gown just right.

Meet George.

How are you doing?
    I like your ad.
    I am George.
    You sound very cute! I love curves! I also like that you sound very smart and confident.
    We have to talk over some margaritas.
    I love movies, day trips, walks, music and cuddling.
    Are you from the Bay Area? You look Latin or Italian.
    I love drives, movies, chocolate, the beach, and cuddling
    Would you like to chat?
    I love to travel. I visited Germany and Spain this summer. How about you?
    I live in Fremont. I have two very spoiled cats. They are clean yet demanding.
    Hugs,
    George

12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    1/8: Tamaryn @ The Chapel
    1/28: Beacon @ The Rickshaw Stop
    1/29: Ty Segall, Wand, Cold Beat @ GAMH
    2/7: Robag Whrume, Daniel Bell, Sassmouth, The Black Madonna @ Public Works
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood

Movies and cuddling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Blowjobs are the best when your pubes are moist with tears
    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I got really good grades in school, but I suck at life.