Page 97 of 494 FirstFirst ... 9293949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 14819

Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Yes. I feel like we've told her this over and over and over.
    It's because we have.

but what about opinionated/angry/homely?

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Totally agree. I just now saw this girl's pic in the picture thread and I honestly don't know why in the fuck she says she's unattractive. It's also why there is a side of me that thinks she's fishing for someone to tell her what she wants to hear on here.
    Going through this thread more thoroughly has me thinking the same thing actually
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Oh, christ, you're horrible, Kat. The reason guys aren't responding to you is not because you're ugly but because your attitude is horrible.

Honestly if you did not approach this with such a terrible attitude, you would do just fine.
    Well that's my question. How do I speak with some random person I find attractive (and would probably like to sleep with) without coming off as a jerk with a horrible attitude?

EDIT: You know, getting told over and over that my insecurities and low self esteem are just attempts at fishing for compliments isn't doing much to, you know, help my low self esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    I saw my bandmate yesterday for the first time in a while (she's the one who cockblocked me before) and guess what? She did it again!

She starts talking about how awesome her new boyfriend is and then mentions one of his friends has been asking her about me. It's weird because I don't ever remember meeting this guy, but she says I did meet him at our last show; I was in a bad mood that night, so that could explain it. Either way, she explains that this friend of her BF has been asking to get set up with me. Just as I'm about to say something about it ("Oh, that might be interesting. Can you tell me about him?") she says — "But, I told him you wouldn't be interested and that you're not looking for anything right now, so he's stopped asking."

What. The. Fuck.

Am I wrong to be upset about this?
    Did you ask her why she said that? She does know that you are actually interested in meeting guys right? I'm sure you can ask in a non-confrontational way so as to not start a fight. No need to be mad, but getting another person's perspective (her's in this case) always helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

Our secondary education is in a sad state if this is a legitimate question
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Kat, how did you meet your last boyfriend? I'm assuming that at some point the two of you conversed and got to know each other, right?

7/18: The Field @ The Independent
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Well that's my question. How do I speak with some random person I find attractive (and would probably like to sleep with) without coming off as a jerk with a horrible attitude?

EDIT: You know, getting told over and over that my insecurities and low self esteem are just attempts at fishing for compliments isn't doing much to, you know, help my low self esteem.
    You've already acknowledged that you are an angry person, so you seem fully aware of how you act towards others. So, it's simple: stop being a person that comes off as a jerk with a horrible attitude.

EDIT: Nothing anyone has said here has helped you with your supposed low self esteem. What's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    Did you ask her why she said that? She does know that you are actually interested in meeting guys right? I'm sure you can ask in a non-confrontational way so as to not start a fight. No need to be mad, but getting another person's perspective (her's in this case) always helps.

She does know. I have told her numerous times how I would like to just start casually dating people and to break out of my shell; she's just really self-centered.

Kat, how did you meet your last boyfriend? I'm assuming that at some point the two of you conversed and got to know each other, right?
    At a party in college. He put on Velvet Underground, I asked "Who put on the Velvet Underground?" and he came over and started talking to me.

It's just frustrating to see someone routinely asking for advice and then not ever taking it.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Kat, go up to him and say, "Hey, how's it going? I like your shirt. Do you come here often? Do you go to school? Oh yeah? Cool. What are you studying? Cool. What kind of music do you like? Oh yeah, they are cool!"

Don't go up to him and say, "Hey, I want to fuck you, you cunt! Nevermind! Fuck!" and then storm off. Don't do that.

By the way, to put it all to rest:

There is the great horror in the flesh. Call me crazy, but I'd hit it.

Of course, I'm also a cholo, so I don't know if that helps anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

First, you need to figure yourself out and be comfortable with what you got and not what the media says you should be. Second, you need better friends. Then you should talk to random people. Consider moving to the Bay Area and out of the LA bubble.

THIS THREAD FUCKING SUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    So, it's simple: stop being a person that comes off as a jerk with a horrible attitude.
    Disagree with this advice; I'm doing pretty well in the dating world.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post

Hey baby.

"Hi, my name's Kat. What's your name?" (simple, basic, to the point)

"Hi, I'm Kat... great band tonight, yeah?" (obviously only if in a situation where you've seen a band)

"Hi, I'm Kat... Can I buy you a drink?" (no reason a woman can't offer to buy a man a drink... had it happen before and it was a bit disarming... which isn't a bad thing)

"Hi, I'm Kat... What are your top five desert island albums?" ( had a woman come up to me and ask this once and it led to a good hour long discussion about music)

No reason to over think things!

Hey baby.
    Orale!

EDIT: This exchange between Cara and I should teach all of you how to find love and lust in today's post-9/11 world. Notice the clear and concise opening that she made. Notice the confidence and pride that I replied with. The lesson is finished. None of you should have any excuses from now on.
    Last edited by Alchemy; 02-27-2012 at 02:46 PM.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Disagree with this advice; I'm doing pretty well in the dating world.
    Difference being that you are completely secure with who you are while she is not secure with herself at all (unless it's an ugly guy that wants her. Then, well, she's totally secure with who she is).
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 02-27-2012 at 02:44 PM.

Someone should start "The Thread In Which We Psychoanalyze Kit Katt's Text Messages and Sex Life".
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Hey baby.
    Orale!
    When did you become a churro?
    Which healthcare provider will euthanize you the fastest as a service to society?
    8/2&3 HARD Summer - 8/7 Arctic Monkeys@Staples - 8/8 Cut Copy@Brooklyn Bowl - 8/22 NIN@Verizon - 8/23&24 FYF Fest - 9/2 Bear in Heaven@Echoplex - 9/4 Phantogram@Fox Pomona - 9/6 Atmosphere@Palladium - 9/10 Britney Spears - 10/8 Gus Gus@Roxy - 10/10 Twin Shadow@Glass House

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Someone should start "The Thread In Which We Psychoanalyze Kit Katt's Text Messages and Sex Life".
    No one would read that thread except to troll.

Kat, I have to admit that I feel like you're fishing too whether purposefully or not . . . How many times do you have to hear it until you can learn to actually believe it and accept it. You are intelligent and beautiful. Nobody is going to embrace that in you until you can embrace it in yourself. "It's the greatest love of all."

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    It's just frustrating to see someone routinely asking for advice and then never taking it.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Quote Originally Posted by JorgeC View Post
    When did you become a churro?
    It is my heritage, vato.

How about you go on dates with all the guys on the board in the LA area and we fill out testimonials on how we felt about said dates. We can play scenarios where you hit on us and we hit on you, save a stranded kitten, etc etc at a record store/show/trendy eatery meeting fantasy etc

You will have to put out if 3 rounds of drinks are finished. Shots do not count as rounds unless Kat wills it so to speed up to the sexual compatability round. We will test the limits of you making our penis soft. If you choose to further challenge us, you can wear a cutout print of Boosh looking angry and disapproving to make sure we focus on the body that is said to not be attractive by Kat. Fat guys to the front of the line

One thing I have noticed when ladies do the approaching is that they will often walk up, coyly say "hi" and then awkwardly stand there. Don't do that. If you initiate the situation, you should be in charge of the conversation in my opinion.

Also, one time this woman came up to me, interrupted a conversation I was already having, and started aggressively telling me over and over again how much I looked like Pete Yorn and it kind of scared the shit out of me, so don't do something like that either.

Also, Kat, it's clear that you do have self esteem issues and even if you are trolling for compliments here it just plays into that, but if that above picture is accurate you look like fucking Milla Kunis. For you to constantly berate yourself physically is pretty offensive to all of us here who actually are hideous CHUDS.

At a party in college. He put on Velvet Underground, I asked "Who put on the Velvet Underground?" and he came over and started talking to me.
    Like I said we can provide a record/music fantasy

Also if you think a guy is attractive in a bar, just approach him and leave yourself open to you. Send him signals to approach you or perhaps buy him a drink and start a convo.

Or just grab his ass, he'll turn around you grab his nuts and offer some fun. You can form the relationship after you bone and feel an opportunity to be intimate. Or take down a new number of some good local cock you can ring up

When guys have approached me in the past, I usually freeze up and look at the floor and act kind of rude/disinterested usually because 1. I'm not interested 2. I am mortified
    1) If you're not interested, you're not interested.

2) What are you afraid of? Seriously? Everyone here -- regardless of their looks, personality, conversational style, level of self esteem, or historical level of luck with the opposite/same sex -- has been rejected in the course of a pickup, or has choked under pressure. It's okay to fail, but it's not okay to not give yourself another chance.

You live in the second-largest metropolitan area in the United States. Even if you were the member of the most ridiculous, insular subculture imaginable you could surely find many people with whom you would be perfectly compatible. I get it, shutting off the anxiety switch is not easy. But if you can do it, there's no reason to believe that you can't find success.
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Kat, go up to him and say, "Hey, how's it going? I like your shirt. Do you come here often? Do you go to school? Oh yeah? Cool. What are you studying? Cool. What kind of music do you like? Oh yeah, they are cool!"

Don't go up to him and say, "Hey, I want to fuck you, you cunt! Nevermind! Fuck!" and then storm off. Don't do that.

By the way, to put it all to rest:

There is the great horror in the flesh. Call me crazy, but I'd hit it.

Kat you sexy and you know it. Just stop thinking so much and stop worrying so much about the one true love. It doesn't always work that way