Page 8 of 494 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

Default Re: It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin: A Thread About Dating

2 people in the wings, not in the approach.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Hahaha...and the friend still cock blocked.classic

Men, here's a lesson on what not to do, courtesy of today's crop:

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Cameron's avi makes him seem gayer than palm springs. The grammar and diction add to it. I thought he was gay for sure until that last post.
    i think lizzy caplan is ridiculously attractive. i guess i can see the diction (maybe?), but bad grammar? when in pop culture has poor grammar ever been a hint to being gay?

thanks?
    mja: "i would make a great effeminate hick-accented puppet"

Come to think of it I haven't been on a date in quite some time. I guess I don't find it as sad as some of you find your dry spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Men, here's a lesson on what not to do, courtesy of today's crop:

I like how they all have very poor match percentages with you, too. Why bother?
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

I'm assuming they just think it's entirely a numbers game, and probably send the same exact message to 200 different users in hopes that one might be dtf.

You come off as intelligent, fashionable, cool headed and kind.

I think I'm saying I want to fuck you. Could be this tuna fish sandwich talking tho.
    I thought you were a bottom bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I'm assuming they just think it's entirely a numbers game, and probably send the same exact message to 200 different users in hopes that one might be dtf.
    Bitches love BEAUTIful!

Am I racist for reading that first posting in a Caribbean accent?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    You come off as intelligent, fashionable, cool headed and kind.

I think I'm saying I want to fuck you. Could be this tuna fish sandwich talking tho.
    I thought you were a bottom bud.
    haha, gotcha. the tuna fish sandwich quote is classic

i'd like to think i am those things - maybe the cool headed / kind piece is why i got fucked over by my ex girlfriend.

Fuck that bitch. I don't care what everyone you know thinks of you. Your an alright guy.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    show us your pic.
    I'm going to get this thread back to its original intention.

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

I feel like I've met you once in person and thought you were an attractive dude. Bitches be crazy if they aren't responding to you, man.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Yeah, I think it's just OKC. It's hard to get a response from women on there. One of my old roommates had an account, and she said she got like 40 messages a day. (She was attractive, and 21). Never read most of them.
    Arcade Fire - Sir Richard Bishop, Bill Orcutt - Spoon - Paul McCartney - Steve Gunn - Beserktown Fest - Slint - Sleep - Swans - Owen Pallett - Neutral Milk Hotel - Chris Thile & Edgar Meyer - Bobby Bradford Quartet - Matana Roberts - Wadada Leo Smith, Anthony Braxton - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Songs for Unseen Warhol Films - Ben Frost, Tim Hecker, Pete Swanson - Ryoji Ikeda - Slowdive - A Winged Victory for the Sullen - John Zorn Marathon

I'd hit it.

ya know what i just really don't get (besides correct grammar)...

people who are CONSTANTLY in a relationship. as in no more than 1 or 2 months newly single since high school. i just don't get that, at all.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I feel like I've met you once in person and thought you were an attractive dude. Bitches be crazy if they aren't responding to you, man.
    Haha, thanks Cara. And you're right, we met at the James Blake show last year.
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

I met Down Rodeo. I was fairly drunk, but I remember him being personable and attractive. Keep trying, I think it's just hard to stand out from the rest of the people there. As you might have already understood from Courtney's (and others') posts, sending a more personalized message helps. Don't have to pressure yourself to be witty, just make it clear that you actually read the chick's profile and found something that interested you or that you might have in common.

Those types of people are probably equally baffled about people like me (it's been three years since my last relationship).

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Frye View Post
    ya know what i just really don't get (besides correct grammar)...

people who are CONSTANTLY in a relationship. as in no more than 1 or 2 months newly single since high school. i just don't get that, at all.
    Yep, exactly. I have an ex-gf just like that.

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    Those types of people are probably equally baffled about people like me (it's been three years since my last relationship).
    three years since my last relationship too, tired of being single

Quote Originally Posted by Down Rodeo View Post
    Yep, exactly. I have an ex-gf just like that.
    ditto

Quote Originally Posted by kitt kat View Post
    I guess I phrased it wrong? But I'd much rather be happier telling my parents/friends that I met my boyfriend at a record store when he came up to talk to me about my music tastes than saying I met them on the Internet. I think Internet dating would be looked down upon by my friends and ESPECIALLY looked down upon by my family.
    it's 2012. While there's still some stigma to it, it's a lot less prevalent than it was even 5 years ago. At least for those in their 20s and 30s. And in the end, one would hope that friends and family would ultimately just care if you're happy... their disapproval of your method of meeting a significant other should be a footnote to that.

Interesting thread to read. As someone who started trying the OKC and Match thing three or four months ago, it's interesting to see the experience others have had. I joined not because I have a hard time meeting people in general, I'm a pretty social person (and good looking to boot). Usually when I'm out and about I tend to be more too interested in enjoying whatever I'm doing and having a good time to try and think about meeting women. As one of my friends said recently it's this aspect about me which makes me so much fun to hang around, but does nothing to help my love life. So I figured why not try other avenues for meeting a woman. Worst thing is nothing comes of it. It's certainly not going to hurt me to try. But it is odd. OKC I get the most responses on, but have yet to find any where I've met in person. Match I've sent out many emails, and really haven't received any responses. On the flip side the emails sent to me on match seem to almost exclusively come from very large women. Which is... strange to me. (Though based off this thread I appear to not be the only person to have this experience).

Quote Originally Posted by IceyHotshot View Post
    I feel like people find this MORE questionable, than the serial monogamy without any breaks. I haven't had a serious relationship in eons, and nothing I'd call "a relationship" in a couple of years (I've dated, etc, but it was all very casual). For some reasons this really seems to weird guys out when they find out about it. I don't get it... I'm not a commitment-phobe, I'm just fairly picky when it comes to getting into serious relationships.

Some of my friends "fall in love" with a different person at least once a year, and actually LIVE with a different person every year or two. It's horrifying to be around.

YOU PEOPLE SHOULD ALL JUST DATE EACH OTHER.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    On the flip side the emails sent to me on match seem to almost exclusively come from very large women. Which is... strange to me. (Though based off this thread I appear to not be the only person to have this experience).
    I wonder if the "very large women," as you guys keep putting it, are perhaps being more forward about contacting guys because they either aren't getting a lot of messages or assume they won't get a lot of messages? I'm assuming that any hot, fit, single girl who has resorted to online dating probably gets flooded with messages.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    I feel like people find this MORE questionable, than the serial monogamy without any breaks. I haven't had a serious relationship in eons, and nothing I'd call "a relationship" in a couple of years (I've dated, etc, but it was all very casual). For some reasons this really seems to weird guys out when they find out about it. I don't get it... I'm not a commitment-phobe, I'm just fairly picky when it comes to getting into serious relationships.
    Yeah, same, and it's one of my worries that when I do find someone it's going to be a problem that I'm inexperienced.

Quote Originally Posted by spiggums View Post
    it's 2012. While there's still some stigma to it, it's a lot less prevalent than it was even 5 years ago. At least for those in their 20s and 30s. And in the end, one would hope that friends and family would ultimately just care if you're happy... their disapproval of your method of meeting a significant other should be a footnote to that.

Interesting thread to read. As someone who started trying the OKC and Match thing three or four months ago, it's interesting to see the experience others have had. I joined not because I have a hard time meeting people in general, I'm a pretty social person (and good looking to boot). Usually when I'm out and about I tend to be more too interested in enjoying whatever I'm doing and having a good time to try and think about meeting women. As one of my friends said recently it's this aspect about me which makes me so much fun to hang around, but does nothing to help my love life. So I figured why not try other avenues for meeting a woman. Worst thing is nothing comes of it. It's certainly not going to hurt me to try. But it is odd. OKC I get the most responses on, but have yet to find any where I've met in person. Match I've sent out many emails, and really haven't received any responses. On the flip side the emails sent to me on match seem to almost exclusively come from very large women. Which is... strange to me. (Though based off this thread I appear to not be the only person to have this experience).
    that's odd - i found the more honest you are in emails sent out on match, the higher percentage the girl will respond back. i realize the term honest can be vague, like anything can be honest...just say (almost literally) what you thought when you came across a women's profile that made you stop and think "hmm, unique / cute...maybe i should reach out"

usually (in my experiences) they seem to be taken back, in a positive way, more to an honest/unique email than to a generic one. over thinking initial emails on match usually doesn't help your cause (not saying you're doing that, this was my own case)

romanticizer

Quote Originally Posted by Down Rodeo View Post
    I'm going to get this thread back to its original intention.

Obviously you are cute.
    Girls are just kookootowninsane.