Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 34

Thread: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

  1. #1

    Default Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    I bought my tickets from radiohead.com and got an email that tickets will not be mailed to Canada this year and theyll need to be picked up at the door or the address can be changed to a US address. Anyone else get this email? I'm trying to sell my tickets since I can't go.

    I need more people to call and verify with W.A.S.T.E because I'm so fucking confused.
    Last edited by Mertt; 02-06-2012 at 07:28 AM.

  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Why would you buy tickets for a show you couldn't go to?

    Either you're a very poor planner or a Canadian scalper.

    If A:

    If B: I hope you lose enough money to where you can't even afford a tim horton's bite.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Don't be so quick to judge, my girlfriend simply had to move out short notice after being physically abused by her own father and now money is short so she can't pay for her tuition. We just want to sell our tickets.

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,944

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    you can change your shipping address to my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  5. #5

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Change the shipping address to whoever you sell it too lol... problem solved DERP DERP DERP

  6. #6
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,732

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Ship them to me.

  7. #7
    old school Stickjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    That sucks Mertt. Was the email from Frontgate or the Radiohead site? Post the language here. If all Canadian orders are going to be held at will call there will be some other people bitching soon enough.

  8. #8
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,130

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    You the one that was trying to scalp them on the Coachella facebook page a bit ago for $400 a piece? Or $450 if they wanted to add car camping to the order?

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie Mugwog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    6,666

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    You the one that was trying to scalp them on the Coachella facebook page a bit ago for $400 a piece? Or $450 if they wanted to add car camping to the order?
    It seems there are a tons of people who conveniently have 4 tickets they don't need anymore and are selling on FB. Perhaps GV should pay attention to this and see if they can weed out scalpers for future years.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Dear Coachella Customer,

    *

    The festival organisers (Goldenvoice) have informed us that they will not mail tickets/wristbands to Canada. Instead they will make your tickets available for collection from the site. Details on how to collect your ticket order will be sent over to you closer to the date of the festival, along with your postage costs being refunded.

    *

    Alternatively, if you would like them mailed out to a US address, please reply back to this email confirming the address in full. Tickets will be dispatched in mid March.

    *

    Kind regards

    *

    Haroon@W.A.S.T.E

    *
    ^ that was the email I got. And honestly I wasn't trying to scalp, it's just like anything where if you put a selling price people will always bid lower.. I just wanted 350$ for GA passes since it cost me 330$ each ticket after all the handling and shipping costs. Plus it took me 2 hours of refreshing the Radiohead page over and over again, then being disappointed and finding out I can no longer go.

  11. #11
    Member Cameron Frye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    you may want to put feelers out on Los Angeles Craigslist for people willing to paypal you the money ahead of time and hoping you'll come through with changing the address correctly and them receiving it...

    i dunno sounds like a longshot...second thought you may want to try reaching out to waste first thing Monday and seeing if you can just get your order cancelled / refunded. i've never heard of W.A.S.T.E. screwing someone over
    mja: "i would make a great effeminate hick-accented puppet"

  12. #12
    Member Buddha99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere but not here
    Posts
    299

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    I purchased tix from Canada and have not received that email (we purchased through Frontgate in pre-sale.)

    Last year, we were stressed about tix being mailed out in time for us to have in hands before we flew down. We ended up getting the tix but no parking pass. It ended up as no big deal - we just had to go to will-call the day before to pick up. Everything was well organized and no hassles...

    If you are transferring the tix to someone else, I imagine the process is trickier...

    Sorry to hear about your GF's situation...

  13. #13

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Frye View Post
    you may want to put feelers out on Los Angeles Craigslist for people willing to paypal you the money ahead of time and hoping you'll come through with changing the address correctly and them receiving it...

    i dunno sounds like a longshot...second thought you may want to try reaching out to waste first thing Monday and seeing if you can just get your order cancelled / refunded. i've never heard of W.A.S.T.E. screwing someone over
    Hmm.. that sounds like a good idea. Hopefully they could just resell them considering the amount of people still needing tickets. It's just way too stressful wondering how the fuck I'm going to sell these tickets and not end up losing money in the end.

  14. #14

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha99 View Post
    I purchased tix from Canada and have not received that email (we purchased through Frontgate in pre-sale.)

    Last year, we were stressed about tix being mailed out in time for us to have in hands before we flew down. We ended up getting the tix but no parking pass. It ended up as no big deal - we just had to go to will-call the day before to pick up. Everything was well organized and no hassles...

    If you are transferring the tix to someone else, I imagine the process is trickier...

    Sorry to hear about your GF's situation...
    That sucks man, I read those Coachella threads about it last year just recently. I wish we weren't in the situation we're in atm, Coachella seemed like it would have been an amazing experience. My girlfriend and I just have had really bad luck this year so I guess it was meant to be

  15. #15
    Member Cameron Frye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    793

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Mertt View Post
    Hmm.. that sounds like a good idea. Hopefully they could just resell them considering the amount of people still needing tickets. It's just way too stressful wondering how the fuck I'm going to sell these tickets and not end up losing money in the end.
    bro call this #, 9am UK time tomorrow


    "If you wish to cancel an order you’ve placed please send a message to our customer service team who will arrange to cancel the order and refund you any money you’ve paid. You can also call our team on 0118 956 9183 (+44 (0)118 956 9183 from outside the UK) or alternatively you can e-mail us on stuff@waste.uk.com. You can only cancel an order prior to it being dispatched."

    via http://www.waste.uk.com/Store/AdviceMerchandise.html

    not sure (and you'll know) if waste sold the tickets themselves or routed it through ticketmaster. either way it'll be best to speak to someone over the phone and go from there

    edit: maybe ask to speak to Haroon?
    mja: "i would make a great effeminate hick-accented puppet"

  16. #16

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron Frye View Post
    bro call this #, 9am UK time tomorrow


    "If you wish to cancel an order you’ve placed please send a message to our customer service team who will arrange to cancel the order and refund you any money you’ve paid. You can also call our team on 0118 956 9183 (+44 (0)118 956 9183 from outside the UK) or alternatively you can e-mail us on stuff@waste.uk.com. You can only cancel an order prior to it being dispatched."

    via http://www.waste.uk.com/Store/AdviceMerchandise.html

    not sure (and you'll know) if waste sold the tickets themselves or routed it through ticketmaster. either way it'll be best to speak to someone over the phone and go from there

    edit: maybe ask to speak to Haroon?
    Thanks so much for getting me that information, I'll definitely give them a call tomorrow morning. Hopefully it works out since the passes haven't been mailed out yet and they can just resell them to someone.

  17. #17
    Member JClemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    Posts
    2,309

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Where in Canada are you and which weekend? Might be able to help you out.

  18. #18

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    Where in Canada are you and which weekend? Might be able to help you out.
    New Brunswick and Weekend 2

  19. #19

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    I just PMed you after seeing your thread in the Passes forum, but I PMed you about buying the tickets. Changing delivery location would be perfect (I read the other thread first, so I didn't realize that would be the shipping requirement).

  20. #20

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    i ordered on the presale, didnt get an email like that. i know they had it listed for "international" orders, but not for canada. they charged me for shipping... i want to have that fucking thing in my hand before i drive 1600 miles

  21. #21

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by jamison88 View Post
    i ordered on the presale, didnt get an email like that. i know they had it listed for "international" orders, but not for canada. they charged me for shipping... i want to have that fucking thing in my hand before i drive 1600 miles
    They charged me shipping too and said it would be refunded once we picked up the tickets on site... Doesn't exactly work since I can't go.. At least there's the option to change the shipping address to a US address but I wish more people got this e-mail because I'm so confused about why I seem to be the only one :S

  22. #22

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Mertt View Post
    They charged me shipping too and said it would be refunded once we picked up the tickets on site... Doesn't exactly work since I can't go.. At least there's the option to change the shipping address to a US address but I wish more people got this e-mail because I'm so confused about why I seem to be the only one :S
    when did you buy your tickets? and it was through radiohead.com? i'm gonna have to follow up w frontgate

  23. #23

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by jamison88 View Post
    when did you buy your tickets? and it was through radiohead.com? i'm gonna have to follow up w frontgate
    I bought them the day online sales were up (not pre-sale) and yes, I got them at radiohead.com

    Let me know what you find out!

  24. #24
    Member eMpTyFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    136

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Mertt View Post
    Dear Coachella Customer,

    *

    The festival organisers (Goldenvoice) have informed us that they will not mail tickets/wristbands to Canada. Instead they will make your tickets available for collection from the site. Details on how to collect your ticket order will be sent over to you closer to the date of the festival, along with your postage costs being refunded.

    *

    Alternatively, if you would like them mailed out to a US address, please reply back to this email confirming the address in full. Tickets will be dispatched in mid March.

    *

    Kind regards

    *

    Haroon@W.A.S.T.E

    *
    ^ that was the email I got. And honestly I wasn't trying to scalp, it's just like anything where if you put a selling price people will always bid lower.. I just wanted 350$ for GA passes since it cost me 330$ each ticket after all the handling and shipping costs. Plus it took me 2 hours of refreshing the Radiohead page over and over again, then being disappointed and finding out I can no longer go.
    Funny, I just talked to Goldenvoice yesterday, and they said absolutely nothing about not shipping them to my home. Did I say funny? More like fishy...

  25. #25

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by eMpTyFox View Post
    Funny, I just talked to Goldenvoice yesterday, and they said absolutely nothing about not shipping them to my home. Did I say funny? More like fishy...
    Then I don't know? It's the e-mail I received. Even if I screenshot it there will always be skeptics which is why this is worrying the fuck out of me since I have to sell my tickets.

    Waiting for someone to call and ask about this because I can't even get a refund due to policies.



    And quite honestly, if I wanted to be "fishy" I wouldn't be posting this on the Coachella forum to see if I can get the information I received verified..

    Edit* I will also provide an order # and name confirmation if someone wanted to take these off my hands for face value once this is all sorted out.
    Last edited by Mertt; 02-05-2012 at 06:57 PM.

  26. #26
    Member JClemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Ab
    Posts
    2,309

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    I think people are more saying that the email seems fishy

  27. #27

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada



    I e-mailed front gate to ask about it... Apparently W.A.S.T.E and front gate distribute their tickets differently? Beyond confused now :S

    If anyone wanted to buy my 2 weekend 2 tickets for face value, contact W.A.S.T.E regarding their shipping policies to Canada and I will give you and order # and name to confirm my purchase and everything. When I change the shipping address to your home, I believe you can call them to confirm that as well... All I know now is that front gate and W.A.S.T.E are doing different things regarding shipping.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    I got the same email from Waste. Sort of wondering how this is going to work out...

    I emailed WASTE a little while back asking the following: "Hello - will you be refunding the shipping costs or will Coachella?".

    They replied: "We will refund your postage costs for you, as soon as the will call instructions have been released by the festival."

    I'm guessing that they wanted to avoid the liability of having to pass addresses to Frontgate and thereby risk being blamed for any mistake by the latter? Will Call simplifies things for them I imagine. Or at least I hope. Really don't like the idea of flying down without tickets in my hand.

    Edit: Though come to think of it, this wouldn't really explain why they're okay with shipping to US addresses.

  29. #29
    old school Stickjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,500

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    I smell vindication Mertt. Good luck.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Tickets not being mailed to Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by butitdidhappen View Post
    I got the same email from Waste. Sort of wondering how this is going to work out...

    I emailed WASTE a little while back asking the following: "Hello - will you be refunding the shipping costs or will Coachella?".

    They replied: "We will refund your postage costs for you, as soon as the will call instructions have been released by the festival."

    I'm guessing that they wanted to avoid the liability of having to pass addresses to Frontgate and thereby risk being blamed for any mistake by the latter? Will Call simplifies things for them I imagine. Or at least I hope. Really don't like the idea of flying down without tickets in my hand.

    Edit: Though come to think of it, this wouldn't really explain why they're okay with shipping to US addresses.
    Good to know I'm not the only one.. W.A.S.T.E haven't replied to my e-mails yet, I might have to give them a call.

Similar Threads

  1. Where are canada's tickets?
    By SlobTheBandit in forum Passes
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 03:17 PM
  2. Tickets/Wristband have been mailed
    By nighteulogy in forum Passes
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 08:48 PM
  3. When are our layaway tickets getting mailed to us?
    By JamesMills in forum Questions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 12:20 PM
  4. Question about when tickets are being mailed
    By strawberryshortcake in forum Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 09:51 AM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 06:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •