Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drunk Jocks

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Drunk Jocks

Have they ever ruined a bands set?

Default Re: Drunk Jocks

They were pretty obnoxious during Massive Attack's set last year.

ha! you know nothing about drunk jocks at music shows if you've never been to milwaukee wisconsin's summerfest. if you dont know about it, it is billed as 'the largest music festival in the world' but it always sucks. the only thing worth seeing last year was mixmaster mike. but its like 12 days, 10 stages, but mostly its shitty local bands and like dread zeppelin. they have one huge stage where they get like kenny chesney and aerosmith and shit. i think a couple years ago prince played. but usually its totally weak, and everyone is a drunk biker piece of shit or drunk fake ID college piece of shit.
    (makitron from the old board)

I'll add that the drunk jocks/Tool fans were totally awful during Massive Attack's set, but they also added a negativity to many other aspects of the day: Madonna's set (even though she was her own worse enemy), drink lines, toilet lines, and parking lot behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiefer View Post
    ha! you know nothing about drunk jocks at music shows if you've never been to milwaukee wisconsin's summerfest. if you dont know about it, it is billed as 'the largest music festival in the world' but it always sucks. the only thing worth seeing last year was mixmaster mike. but its like 12 days, 10 stages, but mostly its shitty local bands and like dread zeppelin. they have one huge stage where they get like kenny chesney and aerosmith and shit. i think a couple years ago prince played. but usually its totally weak, and everyone is a drunk biker piece of shit or drunk fake ID college piece of shit.
    i am from milwaukee and i agree for the most part about the music and jocks there. there is some good music there though(the fray, one of the only bands annouced tjis year) , i wouldnt say it was all shit. they aim to please more of the older "normal" people in our area. The only reason that it is the largest fest in the world is because it is 11days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiefer View Post
    Didn't Pearl Jam annd Tom Petty play?

last year yes

i went to that show....amazing

I saw them in St. Paul, it was unreal

The murder capital where we murder for capital

They have Roger Waters this year too. Enough said. Epic!

I liked Summerfest as opposed to the Taste of Chicago so we would always head up north to check it out. Saw the Pumpkins on the Adore tour up there and also 3rd eye blind and Eve 6 the prevous day or something. I like summerfest but it's nothing like the music fests like Coachella, lollapalooza, bonoroo, sasquatch or that one in Vegas.

I really hope someone starts up a large festival somewhere in the Minnesota/Wisconson/Manitoba area. It such a central location and has some of the nicest settings for outdoor concerts you can find.

^^Winnipeg Folk Festival grounds at Birds Hill Park^^

plus there's a 50,000 person ampitheatre just outside of Grand Beach. I've never really spent too much time in Minnesota or Wisconson, but I'm assuming they have many suitable parks/facilities.

I did read that there could be a Winnipeg Virgin Festival next year. When they announced the Vancouver Festival, there was a little blurb about how they'd like to put a V-Fest in the Maritimes and in Manitoba

Member John Peel is My Co-pilot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    They have Roger Waters this year too. Enough said. Epic!

I liked Summerfest as opposed to the Taste of Chicago so we would always head up north to check it out. Saw the Pumpkins on the Adore tour up there and also 3rd eye blind and Eve 6 the prevous day or something. I like summerfest but it's nothing like the music fests like Coachella, lollapalooza, bonoroo, sasquatch or that one in Vegas.
    It's not really competing with those festivals though. And at $15 a day, you just find a day with 2 good bands, enjoy the food and the vibe and a fun day is had by all.

I'll be at George Thorogood and Roger Waters this year, maybe more if they announce anyone else halfway decent.
    A teenage dream, so hard to beat...

i know the fray is there this year and i would think the Violent Femmes would be since they werent last year and they are from here. plus its the 40th this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ediger View Post
    Didn't Pearl Jam annd Tom Petty play?
    I saw Bad Religion open up for Pearl Jam in 1994 at the Amphitheater. That was pretty cool.
    "Yeah chicks go nuts for that... the male camel toe."
    "Yea yea! The camel tail."

Quote Originally Posted by NeverMyopic View Post
    I saw Bad Religion open up for Pearl Jam in 1994 at the Amphitheater. That was pretty cool.
    I love Pearl Jams openers. I've seen them twice opening for Tom Petty and once with the Supersuckers opening. Missed Sleater-Kinney by one show, thank god It would have been great to see them with Mudhoney in South America a couple of years ago or the tour they did with Frank Black opening. I can never get enough Frank Black

Behind the Redwood Curtain, Lost Coast Northern California

I slay drunk jocks.
    This forest is growing faster than I can tell.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

yes, and they should be all shot..
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

There are surprisingly few drunk jocks around, it's a pretty cool crowd. The only time I've seen anyone act really obnoxious was during The Arcade Fire a couple years ago. This drunk dude kept yelling "Napolean Dynamite!", because one of the band members looks kinda like him. The drunk dude almost got his ass kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    There are surprisingly few drunk jocks around, it's a pretty cool crowd. The only time I've seen anyone act really obnoxious was during The Arcade Fire a couple years ago. This drunk dude kept yelling "Napolean Dynamite!", because one of the band members looks kinda like him. The drunk dude almost got his ass kicked.
    What does "almost got his ass kicked" mean?
    Morrissey needs to be shot. He is bad for your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Have they ever ruined a bands set?
    Yeah..like all of them.

Thumbs down Re: Drunk Jocks

Quote Originally Posted by Wrainy View Post
    Yeah..like all of them.
    Really? They actually jumped on staged and destroyed their instruments? Better yet, they set the venue ablaze? I have it, I have it! They kicked you out of the venue all together?!
    Morrissey needs to be shot. He is bad for your soul.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverMyopic View Post
    Hey cool, I saw Bad Religion open for Pearl Jam in 1995 at golden gate park, Bad Religion were really good live had a lot of energy, PJ though only played a few songs and Eddie was sick probably from gettin wasted the night before but who knows, Neil Young took over and played rockin in the free world twice, the band didn't know many of his songs it was dubbed the Neil Jam concert tickets were refunded but I never went to the LA show...

Quote Originally Posted by ediger View Post
    I really hope someone starts up a large festival somewhere in the Minnesota/Wisconson/Manitoba area. It such a central location and has some of the nicest settings for outdoor concerts you can find.

^^Winnipeg Folk Festival grounds at Birds Hill Park^^

plus there's a 50,000 person ampitheatre just outside of Grand Beach. I've never really spent too much time in Minnesota or Wisconson, but I'm assuming they have many suitable parks/facilities.

I did read that there could be a Winnipeg Virgin Festival next year. When they announced the Vancouver Festival, there was a little blurb about how they'd like to put a V-Fest in the Maritimes and in Manitoba
    yeah minnesota really wound be a great place for some festival or SOMETHING

we have such nice scenery exspeically(fuck i suck at spelling) if it was in the fall but nothing cool like that would ever happen here :-(

o and btw

Minnesota > Wisconson (although our football team only makes a name for it self through scandals)

you're a drunk jock sometimes. admit it
    super profundus on the early eve of your day

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

bump
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

"Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

a few showed up to Cage the Elephant - one steroid freak -
    people were body surfing and when they got to him, the fuck had no idea so he fucking threw people in the air. A few landed all fucked up as they weren't passing the person along.
    After the fuck threw a chick that weighed less than 100lbs 10 yards and she fell I went over to him and told him to calm the fuck down. He honestly didn't know what he was doing was wrong....I explained it's like we are passing a pizza up to the front....do it nice and easy. The next person that came over to his area he was better.....then he finally got it.
    If anyone was there saw it....you'd remember the jocks.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

The sahara is ruined by jocks every year. I stay away from most stages jocks would be.

This bastard and his scuba gear always ruining the show.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate