Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012

Default Re: College Football 2012

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    the worst-tackling team I've seen all year
    they are a bad tackling team, i agree. I heard an explanation for this on the radio yesterday -- take it for what it's worth -- that because of the scholarship restrictions they are not as deep as they would like to be and so have cut down on full contact drills in practice to keep the players healthy. and as a result they don't tackle as well as they should.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    I was thinking the same thing about Monte, actually.
    Monte will be off the coaching staff, but not out of a job. He will end up being a 'consultant' somehwere.

that being said, the irish will need all of touchdown jesus against georgia or bama. Usc and a barely above average o line were able to run the ball well for extended periods of time. Bama and georgia both have top o lines and beast running backs to go with them. Both quarterbacks are highly efficient and are pretty mistake free this season. Both defenses are highly rated overall, so notre dame is going to have a very one dimensional offense when either team takes theo riddick out of the picture, since he is their only playmaker. Also, georgia and bama will do what notre dame has failed (yet been fortunate many times) to do to their opponents. And that's not let their opponent hang around and keep getting more chances to try and win. It will haunt them during this game because saban and richt will pour it on even after you beg for mercy. Notre dame will be a double digit underdog when the first line comes out.

How has it escaped everyone's notice that Georgia has played exactly two good teams this year?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Well, 3, one of which they lost to by 4 touchdowns.

Georgia is the biggest fraud* of 2012 college football.

* - edit - not counting Ohio State, who is an even bigger fraud but fortunately we don't have to listen to their crap any more.
    Last edited by TomAz; 11-26-2012 at 09:25 AM.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

That's the love you get when you play in the SEC though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

In a smarter world, Georgia's 2012 season would disabuse college football fans of the idea that an SEC conference schedule is some sort of insurmountable gauntlet, one that no other team or conference in the country is capable of matching. Florida played that kind of conference schedule this year, but it's hardly the case that Alabama or especially Georgia did. Pat Forde wrote a good column on this Sunday.

The SEC deserves all the credit in the world for winning BCS title games, and for having its conference also-rans routinely destroy ACC and Big Ten also-rans in New Years Day bowl games. But those data points don't prove the argument that the SEC conference schedule is necessarily the toughest in the country. People forget that half of the teams in the SEC are perennial doormats. Or that Auburn and Arkansas have fallen hard in the last two years. Or that the conference expanded this year. Or that every November half of the conference decides to take one week off and schedule fucking FCS teams.

Holy Shit.. the atmosphere pre-game at the the ND-SC game was amazing. But I seem to forget they call it the University of South Central around here for a reason. People around there are Pretty Fucking Ghetto. I'm fortunate enough to have a friend live a block away so we were able to park there. No joke, as soon as we turned on hoover to get to his place, I saw people were charging $25 to move their car so you could park on the street. I almost pissed myself laughing when I saw that.
    On the grounds though, it was a total different story. People drinking, laughing, talking friendly shit. I didn't see anything get out of hand. I see what you mean about the great time Bobert. Game was great even though I had shit seats. The crowd was into it the entire game. Sat in a predominently ND section so it was an added bonus. We were close to the end-zone side of where ND had their apic goal line stand and we lost our shit when SC couldnt score on fourth down. the SC fans that were in our section started walking out when they failed to score on that third down. Great times and I think I'll be going from now on everytime ND comes to town.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    How has it escaped everyone's notice that Georgia has played exactly two good teams this year?
    Cause everyone pays attention to the SEC West. Florida is the team with the big wins on their schedule this season. I wouldnt want to play them in a bowl game, cause theyre going to murder their opponent.

Since its almost all a lock, new bowl predictions. Theres one wrinkle though.

Title: Notre Dame vs Alabama
    Orange: Rutgers/Louisville vs Florida St
    Sugar: Florida vs Oregon
    Fiesta: Kansas St/Oklahoma vs Kent St
    Rose: Stanford vs Nebraska

Kent State will get an automatic bcs bowl due to the rule that if any conference champion from a non major is ranked in the top 16 AND higher than the champion of a major one, they will be granted an automatic bcs bowl berth. The Big East title game is this week. Rugers and Louisville are not ranked. Kent St is # 17. UCLA is #16. Ucla is probably going to lose again, and they will drop. Kent State will slip up one spot and that will be that.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Monte will be off the coaching staff, but not out of a job. He will end up being a 'consultant' somehwere.

that being said, the irish will need all of touchdown jesus against georgia or bama. Usc and a barely above average o line were able to run the ball well for extended periods of time. Bama and georgia both have top o lines and beast running backs to go with them. Both quarterbacks are highly efficient and are pretty mistake free this season. Both defenses are highly rated overall, so notre dame is going to have a very one dimensional offense when either team takes theo riddick out of the picture, since he is their only playmaker. Also, georgia and bama will do what notre dame has failed (yet been fortunate many times) to do to their opponents. And that's not let their opponent hang around and keep getting more chances to try and win. It will haunt them during this game because saban and richt will pour it on even after you beg for mercy. Notre dame will be a double digit underdog when the first line comes out.
    You've predicted a Notre Dame loss at least a half dozen times this season. When the Irish win the title I'll go back and quote them all for you.

Florida is the team with the big wins on their schedule this season. I wouldnt want to play them in a bowl game, cause theyre going to murder their opponent.
    You mean the Florida team that almost lost to Louisiana-Lafayette a couple weeks ago?

Cause everyone pays attention to the SEC West. Florida is the team with the big wins on their schedule this season. I wouldnt want to play them in a bowl game, cause theyre going to murder their opponent.

Since its almost all a lock, new bowl predictions. Theres one wrinkle though.

Title: Notre Dame vs Alabama
    Orange: Rutgers/Louisville vs Florida St
    Sugar: Florida vs Oregon
    Fiesta: Kansas St/Oklahoma vs Kent St
    Rose: Stanford vs Nebraska
    I think Oregon winds up in the Fiesta. Fiesta gets first dibs after the Sugar fills its slot it lost when the SEC champ goes to the championship game. The Sugar will almost certainly take another SEC team (Florida), meaning the Fiesta will then take Oregon.

If Kent St is BCS eligible they'll take Rutgers' spot in the Orange Bowl. However, note that Kent St is a 5 point underdog in the MAC championship game this weekend.
    Last edited by TomAz; 11-26-2012 at 11:22 AM.

Didnt the Big East just sign a deal to have the tie in with the Orange bowl as Acc vs Big East? If thats not into effect now, then yeah, Kent st can go to the Orange. So Oregon vs either Oklahoma or K State in the Fiesta. Florida ends up against the 2nd place big 12 team or are they stuck with the big east champ? But in the end, the big east gets the shaft due to Kent St and their ranking if they win the MAC. And i dont think the spread is going to matter, uconn and pitt both won this weekend and created this extra mess with a non aq team getting in the mix.

Orange Bowl only has a tie in with ACC. Big East is an AQ league but has no bowl tie in.

So as I understand it (it's complicated and I may have something wrong) it goes like this, in this order:

1. National championship: Notre Dame vs. Alabama (assuming Alabama wins SEC championship)

2. Automatic tie-ins: Pac 12 and Big 10 to Rose; Big 12 to Fiesta; SEC to Sugar; ACC to Orange

3. Oh, but the Sugar lost their automatic qualifier to the national championship game; they get their pick of whoever's left. I'm assuming the Sugar goes with Florida, due to regional tie, but they don't have to; they could go with Oregon or Oklahoma or whoever.

4. The remaining slots get 'drafted' in a preset choosing order that rotates every year. This year, it's Fiesta Bowl first, then Sugar, then Orange (the bowl that is also hosting the national championship game always gets last pick). I'm assuming this goes Oregon, Oklahoma, Rutgers. If Kent St manages to squeeze in, then it probably goes Oregon, Rutgers, Kent St.
    Last edited by TomAz; 11-26-2012 at 01:48 PM.

You have it pretty much right. I found a couple stories on what i was mentioning. It was regarding the big east and the new playoff system thats coming. The big east champion, more likely than not, is going to end up in no bcs bowl games if they end their season such as the way they will this one. No bcs bowl will be required to choose the big east champion unless they meet certain provisions such as being ranked at a certain level and enough wins. But for now, we get to watch the big east get steamrolled by somebody in january during prime time. While a team such as oklahoma, which would ensure ratings and ticket sales will be on the outside llooking in due to these clauses

Monte Kiffin has resigned as defensive coordinator for USC effective after the bowl game they will play in.

I am surprised UCLA is playing so well against Stanford. Maybe it's the rain.

Stanford intercepted and scored. Now UCLA sucks. LOL.

Why does UCLA suddenly suck just because they're tied? lol
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

Cuz now at half time they are losing.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I am surprised UCLA is playing so well against Stanford. Maybe it's the rain.
    What rain........

So Oklahoma now has a bcs at large berth locked up now since Kent State couldnt get it done in overtime to Northern Illinois (who is better than northwestern by a mile). Guess Louisville ends up being the only crap team in the major bowl games.
    Last edited by suprefan; 12-01-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Northwestern is #22 on BCS pole. Northern Illinois is #21. I wouldn't call that a mile. Oops....I don't see USC on the poll.

Niu is going to jump them. And they won their conference. So which team is the best in the state? Anymore insightful analysis other than rooting for a journalism school that is in a shit major conference?
    Last edited by suprefan; 12-01-2012 at 10:38 AM.

biggest game in thirty years and they gaff it all up at the end. Way to go, Dawgs.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    Northwestern is #22 on BCS pole. Northern Illinois is #21. I wouldn't call that a mile. Oops....I don't see USC on the poll.
    NIU gets to play in the Orange Bowl. Northwestern plays in the Taxslayer.com Gator Bowl, zomg such high quality.

BCS Bowl matchups.

Title: Notre Dame vs. Alabama
    Orange: Florida St vs Northen Illinois
    Sugar: Florida vs. Louisville
    Fiesta: Kansas State vs. Oregon
    Rose: Stanford vs. Wisconsin

Orange Bowl is going to fail on TV. No one wants to watch Northern Illinois.

Good lord, can we have the playoff structure in place any sooner? Not so much because I think the four team playoff solves all of the issues that the sport has, but more because the BCS rules, tie-ins, and formulas are producing absurd match-ups that no one wants to see. The Northern Illinois thing is ridiculous, but the Sugar Bowl is just as terrible.

The Rose bowl is just as bad IMO. I get Wisconsin is a draw at least but an 8-5 team in it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Why aren't there more good role models for fat people who fall down a lot?

The Rose Bowl is as bad, but it's harder to blame the BCS for that one because of the Ohio St probation fiasco and Nebraska's title game collapse.

So you guys cant even give Wisconsin any credit for getting to The Rose Bowl 3 years in a row? No big 10 team has done it in 40 years. Its not Wisconsins fault the 2 schools in their division who had better records had a pedo on their staff, and players who got free tattoos for signed jerseys.

I await the slaughter of Louisville in the Sugar and then the failed last minute gasp by NIU to beat Florida St in The Orange.

So are we going to do a pick em again?
    Last edited by suprefan; 12-03-2012 at 10:16 AM.