Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 400

Thread: College Football 2012

  1. #61

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Alabama destroying Michigan.. yikes.

  2. #62
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,999

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Iowa barely beats Northern Illinois, Wisconsin holds on to just bartely beat Northern Iowa, and Penn St loses to MAC team Ohio. And the one Top 10 team the conference has managed to ginny up enough hype for is getting its ass handed to it on national TV. Yep, the Big Ten is looking true to form this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  3. #63
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Michigan was never a top ten quality team. Poll placement for the purpose of pimping a week 1 top ten matchup.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

  4. #64
    old school HotHamWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A thematic narrative
    Posts
    2,610

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Are you suggesting that the coaches and AP voters care about ABC's ratings to such a degree that they'd essentially rig the voting?

  5. #65
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    No, I don't think a broad conspiracy exists to game the ratings. But considerations like the early schedule undoubtedly influence preseason rankings that are a weird, indeterminate mix of the previous season's performance and the upcoming season's expectations. I'm suggesting more of a subconscious desire for "big" games in the minds of voters, and perhaps a willingness to reward teams that schedule a big name non-conference opponent to open the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

  6. #66
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Oregon at 50 points with seven minutes left in the first half. Good lord.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

  7. #67

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Iowa barely beats Northern Illinois, Wisconsin holds on to just bartely beat Northern Iowa, and Penn St loses to MAC team Ohio. And the one Top 10 team the conference has managed to ginny up enough hype for is getting its ass handed to it on national TV. Yep, the Big Ten is looking true to form this year.
    Nebraska did pretty good...

  8. #68

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    What the hell does any voter know before atleast week 4? Preseason polls are a joke and not to be trusted. Perfect example is always Michigan. App State anyone?

  9. #69
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    A real nail-biter....

    Northwestern- 42

    Syracuse - 41

    The journalism bowl!

  10. #70
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,999

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by mmsk123 View Post
    Nebraska did pretty good...
    You are pimping a home win over a directional school from Conference USA?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  11. #71

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Any So Cal Nebraska fans? I have an extra ticket for the Rose Bowl game next Saturday that I need to sell...PM me ASAP. My buddies are hardcore Huskers from Lincoln so you'll fit right in.

  12. #72
    Old Gay Guy gaypalmsprings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    20,577

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    The Rose Bowl is next week?

  13. #73
    old school cansei de ser sexme's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Berkeley
    Posts
    3,323

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    I hate Cal sports so much. So constantly irritating and disappointing.

    http://www.californiagoldenblogs.com...llan-bridgford

  14. #74
    old school york707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,653

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Just secured a ticket to the Mizzou/Georgia game.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

  15. #75
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,427

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Holy shit Arkansas goes down to UL-Monroe

  16. #76
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    I don't think Nebraska thought they were gonna play a team that was good. Upset # 3 for today.

  17. #77
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,999

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    nebraksa loses. wisconsin loses. penn st. loses. michigan, at home, barely beats air force. yay big 10.

    oh and illinois is getting its ass handed to it. but hey at least the big 10 can beat umass and new hampshire.
    Last edited by TomAz; 09-08-2012 at 08:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  18. #78
    old school HotHamWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    A thematic narrative
    Posts
    2,610

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    I don't think Nebraska thought they were gonna play a team that was good. Upset # 3 for today.
    Calling that an upset is a bit of a reach. Especially if you're trying to lump it in with the UL-Monroe/Arkansas game. Nebraska isn't all that good.

    Is it just me, or are there not a lot of awesome teams in college football this year. It's basically Alabama, USC, LSU, and Oregon. I'm not that impressed with anyone else. West Virginia seems to have a crazy offense, but we'll see how they handle the transition to the Big 12 from the Big East.

  19. #79
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Calling that an upset is a bit of a reach. Especially if you're trying to lump it in with the UL-Monroe/Arkansas game. Nebraska isn't all that good.

    Is it just me, or are there not a lot of awesome teams in college football this year. It's basically Alabama, USC, LSU, and Oregon. I'm not that impressed with anyone else. West Virginia seems to have a crazy offense, but we'll see how they handle the transition to the Big 12 from the Big East.
    Considering Wicsonsin and Nebraska were ranked within 3 spots of each other and lost to unranked teams that they should have beat, its an upset. West Virginia is going to be fine in the Big 12. They are going to a conference that is as pass happy as they are. And who the hell plays defense in The Big 12 anyway TCU?

  20. #80
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,636

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Wheew Arizona!
    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    There's an emoticon for jerking off on this forum?



    The National/Warpaint - 4/21 - Moody Theater
    Thee Silver MT. Zion Orchestra - 4/22 - The Mohawk
    Mogwai - 4/24 - Emo's
    Cloud Nothings/The Men - 4/26 - The Mohawk
    Austin Psych Fest - 5/2 - 5/4 - Carson Creek Ranch
    King Khan & the Shrines - 5/30 - The Mohawk
    Cut Copy - 6/21 - Stubbs
    Swans - 6/27 - The Mohawk
    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk

  21. #81

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Considering Wicsonsin and Nebraska were ranked within 3 spots of each other and lost to unranked teams that they should have beat, its an upset. West Virginia is going to be fine in the Big 12. They are going to a conference that is as pass happy as they are. And who the hell plays defense in The Big 12 anyway TCU?
    Somewhere else i saw the perfect analysis thus far for the big ten. Legends division is a cluster and in the leader Mich State is clearly a step ahead everyone else. State should streamroll everyone and be in Pasadena Jan 1.

  22. #82
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by ballgame View Post
    Somewhere else i saw the perfect analysis thus far for the big ten. Legends division is a cluster and in the leader Mich State is clearly a step ahead everyone else. State should streamroll everyone and be in Pasadena Jan 1.
    You never know, maybe Michigan gets its act together on defense and gets over the hump..

    LOL Arkansas, OUT OF THE THE AP POLL.

  23. #83
    old school york707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,653

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Wow the last 18 minutes of the MU/UGA game was brutal
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

  24. #84
    Member EastLos01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Urf is my Turf
    Posts
    756

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    This is horrible news...


    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...86--ncaaf.html


    Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o had a terrible week of tragedy and loss.

    The Chicago Tribune reports that Te'o's grandmother passed away on Tuesday night. The next day Te'o's girlfriend, identified by the Detroit Free Press as Lennay Kekua, lost a battle with leukemia.

    The Chicago Tribune said Te'o plans to play at Michigan State, and it sounds like his Irish teammates have helped him through an unspeakably difficult 24-hour stretch:

    "He lost some people very close to him, and it's obviously taken a toll on him," Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly said. "Our players have been there for him and have been a great support. We'll support him. He'll be with us. He practiced. He'll be playing Saturday against Michigan State.

    "Unfortunately, he's gone through a very rough 24, 48 hours. But his support and his family at home have been great, and all of the coaches and players have been there for him. He wants to be with his teammates, he wants to be with the people that care about him. He's a strong man and he's going through a tough time, but he'll rise to the occasion."

    Here's hoping being with his teammates this weekend helps Te'o get through the grief of a devastating week.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

    ---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

  25. #85
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,650

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by EastLos01 View Post
    This is horrible news...


    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...86--ncaaf.html


    Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te'o had a terrible week of tragedy and loss.

    The Chicago Tribune reports that Te'o's grandmother passed away on Tuesday night. The next day Te'o's girlfriend, identified by the Detroit Free Press as Lennay Kekua, lost a battle with leukemia.

    The Chicago Tribune said Te'o plans to play at Michigan State, and it sounds like his Irish teammates have helped him through an unspeakably difficult 24-hour stretch:

    "He lost some people very close to him, and it's obviously taken a toll on him," Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly said. "Our players have been there for him and have been a great support. We'll support him. He'll be with us. He practiced. He'll be playing Saturday against Michigan State.

    "Unfortunately, he's gone through a very rough 24, 48 hours. But his support and his family at home have been great, and all of the coaches and players have been there for him. He wants to be with his teammates, he wants to be with the people that care about him. He's a strong man and he's going through a tough time, but he'll rise to the occasion."

    Here's hoping being with his teammates this weekend helps Te'o get through the grief of a devastating week.
    Wow. Poor guy. Te'o is by far Notre Dame's best player. He could have been a top-ten draft pick this year, and likely will be next year. Hopefully he take out some aggression on the Spartans tomorrow.

  26. #86
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,999

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    If he wasn't dating someone with leukemia, he wouldn't have suffered that loss.
    Last edited by TomAz; 09-14-2012 at 10:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  27. #87
    Coachella Junkie Miroir Noir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Zip City
    Posts
    7,136

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Wow. Poor guy. Te'o is by far Notre Dame's best player. He could have been a top-ten draft pick this year, and likely will be next year. Hopefully he take out some aggression on the Spartans tomorrow.
    All of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The word "lulzy" is offensive.

  28. #88
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,650

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    If he wasn't dating someone with leukemia, he wouldn't have suffered that loss.
    I prefer Randy's brand of cancerous humor, but he's not a football fan so this is what we've got to work with. Sigh.

  29. #89
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Gallifrey
    Posts
    39,999

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    is everyone in santa monica that confused?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

  30. #90
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,650

    Default Re: College Football 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    is everyone in santa monica that confused?
    For such a lucid guy you ask some confusing questions.

Similar Threads

  1. College Football 2010
    By suprefan in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 980
    Last Post: 08-30-2011, 07:41 AM
  2. College Football 2009
    By boarderwoozel3 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 1091
    Last Post: 08-07-2010, 08:57 AM
  3. College Football 2008
    By bakersfield in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 713
    Last Post: 01-17-2009, 10:48 AM
  4. college football needs a playoff
    By oasis4life2002 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 04:38 PM
  5. ncaa college football 07
    By arbouler in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 376
    Last Post: 01-07-2008, 08:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •