Page 1 of 14 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2012

Default College Football 2012

Today is national letter of intent day (aka signing day), so I figured I would start the new college football thread.

Anyone out there excited / surprised for who your team landed?
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Default Re: College Football 2012

Oregon's top commit (according to ESPNU's 150, anyway) is Arik Armstead, a 6'7" OT which is seemingly a position Oregon can always use help in so I'm pretty pumped. I don't think anyone is ever too concerned about UO's ability to lock down the proper skill players, though it would be nice to see some high level D recruits...

Edit:

Just waiting to see what Thomas Johnson does now...

And... to the Aggies. Fuck him.
    Last edited by weeklymix; 02-01-2012 at 07:13 AM.

Do you know if Armstead will play basketball there too? He played for his high school squad and I saw him with the Oakland Soldiers on the AAU circuit and he could certainly be a big help for the Ducks in basketball as well.

I was really hoping Arizona would land Davonte Neal, but I am hearing he won't sign for a couple of weeks and that he's leaning towards Ohio State at the moment.

Georgia got a player, Josh Harvey-Clemons 6’5” 208lbs, they are roughly comparing to DeMarcus Ware. Gotta see that to believe it.
    100% Caffeinated

Rice will land a group of National Merit Scholars who can't play worth a shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

There is always baseball for Rice.

DJ Foster for ASU has me pumped! 10 TDs in a single game this year? Yes peas.
    Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

Hopefully usc still gets a few more guys even with reduced scholarships. But man, florida state is cleaning house.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Today is national letter of intent day (aka signing day), so I figured I would start the new college football thread.

Anyone out there excited / surprised for who your team landed?
    Shaq. Thompson.

Boom.

UW's biggest signing in the past week was wooing Tosh Lupoi, aka one of the best recruiters in the country, away from Cal. We essentially cost them two 5* players, two 4* players who de-committed and their best recruiter. haha
    Last edited by boarderwoozel3; 02-01-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Shaq. Thompson.

Boom.

UW's biggest signing in the past week was wooing Tosh Lupoi, aka one of the best recruiters in the country, away from Cal. We essentially coast them two 5* players, two 4* players who de-committed and their best recruiter. haha
    UW looks to be getting back to where they were many years ago.

I think Arizona signed a very solid and underrated class and if they land Davonte Neal - whose offer was pulled by Ohio State today - it will only look better.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    UW's biggest signing in the past week was wooing Tosh Lupoi, aka one of the best recruiters in the country, away from Cal. We essentially coast them two 5* players, two 4* players who de-committed and their best recruiter. haha
    Cunts
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    I love when people huff an 8 ball and then come on here to show off what they think they know about Stanley Kubrick.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

I get the feeling the Nov. 2 Friday night game @ Cal is going to have a little extra zip to it.

**I really can't overstate how badly UW needed a playmaker and leader by example on defense, especially in the secondary. He's the perfect player to build a new defensive identity around with the new staff.

My early prediction is the Huskies get even more competitive as Sark's first few decent classes become upperclassmen and we have a defensive staff that's worth a shit, but still finish 8-4. Then in 2013 they become a legitimate contender for the Pac 12 title.
    Last edited by boarderwoozel3; 02-01-2012 at 09:15 PM.

For those following the Davonte Neal recruitment (who is the only ESPN top-150 player from the 2012 class left unsigned), he is supposed to announce his decision in about 15-20 minutes. He is down to Arizona, Arkansas, North Carolina and Notre Dame. At this point - contrary to national belief / opinion - I am hearing Arizona, but Notre Dame has some people confident on its end that he is going there.

He appears to be a no-show to his own press conference.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    To you guys I say Wat?????????? Off to ?????? ....... cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    It's hard to argue with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroir Noir View Post
    He appears to be a no-show to his own press conference.
    Yep. Neal wants to go to Arizona. Dad wants him at Notre Dame. Neal was ready to announce he was going to Arizona, but dad doesn't approve and won't sign Davonte's LOI unless it's to Notre Dame.

As a Notre Dame fan, I'd love to have this guy, but not at the expense of his own wishes. That's really unfortunate.

Bryan Bennett. Chip Kelly thinks he has a natty QB. Hopefully Kelly doesn't regret turning away the Bucs.

As a Notre Dame fan, I'd love to have this guy, but not at the expense of his own wishes. That's really unfortunate.
    Wouldn't shock me if he ended up at ND at this rate. His father seems to be the typical batshit-crazy-football-dad.

Supposedly this kid is heading back to the same elementary school to announce he's going to Arizona. Which could mean he's going to go to North Carolina... or Arkansas... or Notre Dame...

The Irish recruited QB Gunner Kiel, a top-3 national prospect who's been compared to Peyton Manning and could compete right away for the starting job. He supposedly gave a verbal commitment to Les Miles to play for LSU and then pulled a 180 and signed with Notre Dame. Miles was quoted at an alumni event stating that "[Gunner Kiel] did not necessarily have the chest and the ability to lead a program," and added that he was much happier with the QB he eventually signed who no doubt has the pecks of a Greek god. Brian Kelly desperately needs an elite QB if he's going to start contending for titles so this kid better live up to his name.

Well it looks like he is actually headed to ND. This has been the biggest trainwreck of a recruitment I have seen in a while... like at least a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Well it looks like he is actually headed to ND. This has been the biggest trainwreck of a recruitment I have seen in a while... like at least a few months.
    Awesome news. We now have our replacement for Michael Floyd. I'm optimistic. But then I've been optimistic every year and the Irish inevitably disappoint so nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    The Irish recruited QB Gunner Kiel, a top-3 national prospect who's been compared to Peyton Manning and could compete right away for the starting job. He supposedly gave a verbal commitment to Les Miles to play for LSU and then pulled a 180 and signed with Notre Dame. Miles was quoted at an alumni event stating that "[Gunner Kiel] did not necessarily have the chest and the ability to lead a program," and added that he was much happier with the QB he eventually signed who no doubt has the pecks of a Greek god. Brian Kelly desperately needs an elite QB if he's going to start contending for titles so this kid better live up to his name.
    QB is going to be a mess for a while. Kelly needs to either get over his man-crush on Rees and go all-in on the spread and run it with an appropriate QB (like Hendrix or Golson), or develop a system that gives Rees (or Kiel in a few years) a chance.

QB is going to be a mess for a while. Kelly needs to either get over his man-crush on Rees and go all-in on the spread and run it with an appropriate QB (like Hendrix or Golson), or develop a system that gives Rees (or Kiel in a few years) a chance.
    Reese is competent but not really a good fit for Kelly's system and even if he was we'd never win a title with him. Hendrix is garbage - I'm sorry but the QB has to be able to pass on occasion. Golson and Kiel are intriguing simply because I haven't seen them play. Whatever decision Kelly makes he needs to stick with it. I don't think I can deal with another season of him rotating QBs at whim.

Good lord...

http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/index...er_party_brawl

Tucson Police Department officers arrested four UA football players after a fight at the home of five UA students early Friday morning.

According to police reports, sophomore cornerback Jourdon Grandon, sophomore offensive tackle Fabbians Ebbele and sophomore offensive lineman Eric Bender were arrested on charges of criminal trespassing in the first degree and assault, and sophomore safety Jared Tevis was arrested on trespassing charges.

TPD officers responded to an assault call as well as reports of a burglary in progress. Upon arrival, officers saw a white Lincoln Navigator speeding westbound on Speedway Boulevard after driving away from the home. A man and several women were chasing after the car, screaming and shouting.

Officers entered the home and began questioning the residents. The first student who officers spoke to said they were “having a party with some of their friends,” and Tevis was the only football player who had been invited. Tevis entered the home with four other members of the team.

According to police records, residents asked Tevis and the other players to leave because they were not invited. One of the men responded by shoving one of the women backwards. The man was later identified as former safety Joshua Robbins. After being shoved, the resident slapped Robbins, who then proceeded to punch her in the face — starting a brawl between the football players and members of the party.

The players left after the brawl, but before leaving said, “We will be back with our homies.” A short time later, the players returned “in a group of between 10 and 30,” and a man later identified as sophomore offensive tackle Fabbians Ebbele forcibly entered the home and “began punching everybody he could reach,” according to the report, including the resident who was initially assaulted and her brother.

People at the party told officers the UA players entered the home and began assaulting male members of the party while several women attempted to stop another fight from happening. One woman was pushed up against the wall by Robbins. Robbins continued to push other female guests and residents.

Members of the party identified Grandon after he “punched a female guest in her face with a closed fist and began punching other females in the face.” Tevis was also present during the altercation but none of the victims observed him assaulting anyone.

When officers saw the Navigator speeding away from the house, they pulled the car over to the side of the road for a “high risk” stop. Everyone inside of the car, which included Tevis, Robbins, Grandon, and Ebbele, was removed from the car, along with junior defensive tackle Justin Washington, who was not charged in the incident.

All occupants were questioned by police. Bender, Ebbele and Washington told officers that they were “sitting at home when they were called by one of their friends, saying that he was jumped by a bunch of people.”

All occupants of the car denied that they had been in any physical altercation, but said they were at the party and saw people they knew “when a fight broke out,” at which point all six players left in the SUV.

After all players were identified by attendees of the party, Robbins was transported to the Midtown Substation for a DUI investigation. The other passengers in the car were released. Once that investigation concluded, Robbins also was cited and released.

Two of the residents of the home told police they were seeking to press charges, but as of this time, no further action has taken place.

All four would be gone if this proves to be true, which it probably will in some fashion. There are obviously some pieces missing here, but this doesn't look good for these players.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 03-07-2012 at 06:47 AM.

If the investigation turns out that these assholes were really going around knocking partygoers around, especially women, I hope their scholarships are revoked immediately. Can't tolerate that shit. This isn't ASU.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    If the investigation turns out that these assholes were really going around knocking partygoers around, especially women, I hope their scholarships are revoked immediately. Can't tolerate that shit. This isn't ASU.
    I don't think Rodriguez puts up with this kind of shit either. If these charges prove to be legit, I expect all four to be gone. Ebelle would be a huge loss too. He was named a freshman All-American by Sporting News at right tackle this past season.

And Bobby Petrino has ben fired as head coach at Arkansas. Lesson to be learned, dont bang your staff and ride motorcycles with them.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...ch-sources-say

looking forward to seeing UCLA vs Nebraska at the Rose Bowl, fan of both teams