Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Set Time Predictions - SUNDAY

Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SUNDAY

This is not negotiable.
    '10, '11, '12.1, '13.1, '14.1

I saw Fanfarlo this past Saturday in Atlanta, LOVED them! Talked to the singer briefly and was told they are on at noon on Sunday but did not what stage.
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

Sweet nice find. Hopefully they will open either the gobi or mojave.

Some updates to the first post to keep track of any confirmations would be nice.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Set Time Predictions has the early lead for Biggest Message Board Failure.

Ha. Nice sig Tommy. Funny enough, even though that was in the Girl Talk thread... all of that happened at the Andrew W.K. show I went to a couple weeks ago. I guess I just know what I like.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

metronomy-oberhofer-fanfarlo-real estate-le butcherettes-first aid kit - of these predictions thats gonna be my toughest 2 hours for sure

after that pretty east

band of skulls - hives - wild flag - santigold - beirut - at the drive in - justice - and yeah fuck it might as well stick around for dre

Quote Originally Posted by mikebspeedracer View Post
    Justice will be in the Sahara after Avicii. Its set up the same way as the third day of Ultra.
    Justice is Playing before Avicii at Ultra

Where is the new schedule Boourns!?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

I throw in the white flag for this day. It's too fucking fucked.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

for what it's worth I asked a member of Gardens & Villa about coachella at red eyed fly during sxsw was told "a tent but not sure of time"

doubt these will even be updated before fest though anyways haha

i dont think the gaslamp killer is gonna open the sahara..maybe a second or third act there or later in the gobi?

Quote Originally Posted by tyles View Post
    Ahhh... main stage reunions...

Pixies>Bauhaus>Portishead>RATM>Jesus And Mary Chain>My Bloody Valentine>DFA1979>ATDI
    nope...

Pixies > RATM > ATDI > Portishead > DFA1979 > MBV > J&MC

End of discussion.
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

So I guess no one thinks Justice will perform in the Sahara? I don't think so either.

Snoop & Dre will be scheduled on the Main @10:30pm but they won't come out until 10:45 pm.

ATDI will most likely close the Outdoor, 9:45 to 10:35 pm

Florence + The Machine will play the main stage 8:50 to 9:55 pm

Justice will play the main stage the Main stage 7:30 to 8:25 pm

The Hives will play the Outdoor 8:30 to 9:20 pm

... this is the most sense I've made in a month. Maybe the time slots of Florence and Justice can be interchangable, but that's about it.

In summary...

MAIN STAGE

Dr. Dre & Snoop Dog - 10:30 pm but will come out @ 10:45 pm
    Florence or Justice - 8:50 pm - 9:55 pm
    Justice or Florence - 7:30 pm - 8:25 pm
    The Weeknd or Beirut- 6:15 pm - 7:05 pm

OUTDOOR STAGE

At The Drive-in - 9:45 pm - 10:35 pm
    The Hives - 8:30 pm - 9:20 pm
    Last edited by ialvarado2; 03-27-2012 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Added the hives and the weeknd
    OutKast-TheKnife-Replacements-theGlitchMob-JagwarMa-Shlohmo-MSMR-AntiFlag-CaravanPalace-GabbaGabbaHeys-EllieGoulding-NekoC-AFI-Bonobo-theCult-Bastille

QOTSA-Lorde-PetShopBoys-MGMT-EmpireOfTheSun-CageTheElephant-Chvrches-CapitalCities-Temples-Naked&Famous-Mogwai-HolyGhost-WhiteLies-theInternet-LauraMvula-

ArcadeFire-Beck-NMH-Disclosure-LanaDelRey-Motörhead-LittleDragon-ToyDolls-1975-Krewella-Fishbone-TromboneShorty-ArtDept-Bombino-BadManners-SurferBlood-BoNingen-JRoddy-FactoyFloor

No way that Florence plays after Justice (if Justice does indeed go on the main). Billing alone rules that out, but also Florence doesn't need to be at night, their set would work perfectly in the daytime or at sunset, while Justice will need darkness.

Anyone who think ATDI will play anywhere but the mainstage is crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Why? In 2010 Thom Yorke closed the outdoor and in 2008 Love and Rockets did the same.
    Last edited by ialvarado2; 03-27-2012 at 08:51 AM. Reason: typo

No way the weeknd is playing the mainstage

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    You keep saying this but without any reasoning. While I agree you could be right, I don't think they are necessarily a lock...

They're subheadlining. I mean, the outdoor could happen, but there's no reason to think that slot is more likely.

I would bet on ATDI being main, but that being said the billing, act selection, and absurdly high number of potential Sahara acts on this day has me convinced that we will see some really odd things with stage and time placement.

And on that note, since there are not only so many Sahara acts, but so many highly billed Sahara acts too, what do you think the chances of some of the dubstep stuff being out of the Sahara? At first I thought it would be Justice/Girl Talk out of the Sahara, but perhaps they throw the live dubstep to the Mojave? Nero/Flux in Mojave/Gobi vs. Justice/Girl Talk/Modeselektor in Sahara? After seeing Modeselektor's set at Lolla I think they are a surefire Sahara bet even though they are a step above everything else. I don't know, this day is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    And on that note, since there are not only so many Sahara acts, but so many highly billed Sahara acts too, what do you think the chances of some of the dubstep stuff being out of the Sahara? At first I thought it would be Justice/Girl Talk out of the Sahara, but perhaps they throw the live dubstep to the Mojave? Nero/Flux in Mojave/Gobi vs. Justice/Girl Talk/Modeselektor in Sahara? After seeing Modeselektor's set at Lolla I think they are a surefire Sahara bet even though they are a step above everything else. I don't know, this day is crazy.
    I think it's a bold idea, but I don't see dubstep anywhere else but the Sahara, especially not Nero or Flux/Dr. P
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

My Sunday will be joyous if it's Justice > Dre
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I don't think this is such a stretch. Something sort of similar happened on the Sunday in 2009 when they filled the Mojave with mostly 'punk/rock' oriented bands:
    Vivian Girls, No Age, Fucked Up, BJM, Murder City Devils, X, the Horrors, the Kills, and Throbbing Gristle (in that order)

(I obviously recognize it's a lot different than dubstep, but throw some extra lights in there & you have a more intimate setting for the people who do like dubstep)

I made a few minor tweaks. Gotye has gotten insanely big for reasons I will never comprehend, so I moved to the main. Girl Talk always plays outdoors now, so I put him on the outdoor as counter-programming to ATDI. Justice is apparently playing an hour tops at their own gigs, so I shortened their set.

I really do not like Justice vs Beats Antique vs DJ Shadow vs Nero being the only things going on before Dre and Snoop. It's like when you go to the kitchen looking for a snack and all you have are several pints of ice cream, which is nice, but not if you're in the mood for something salty and crunchy. So I think Beats Antique needs to be swapped with someone.
    Last edited by Boourns; 03-28-2012 at 02:23 PM.
    10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater (?), 10/18 Culture Collide, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale, 11/7 Warpaint @ Echoplex, 11/12 Blonde Redhead @ Fonda

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post

I made a few minor tweaks. Gotye has gotten insanely big for reasons I will never comprehend, so I moved to the main. Girl Talk always plays outdoors now, so I put him on the outdoor as counter-programming to ATDI. Justice is apparently playing an hour tops at their own gigs, so I shortened their set.

I really do not like Justice vs Beats Antique vs DJ Shadow vs Nero being the only things going on before Dre and Snoop. It's like when you go to the kitchen looking for a snack and all you have are several pints of ice cream, which is nice, but not if you're in the mood for something salty and crunchy. So I think Beats Antique needs to be swapped with someone.
    What about swapping Beats Antique with Santigold?

Also, where's the "Perry?" from?
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Perry embarrasses himself in the Sahara every year.

Justice on the Outdoor and Amon Tobin in the Sahara. You guys are nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Justice on the Outdoor and Amon Tobin in the Sahara. You guys are nuts.
    This.