Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Set Time Predictions - SUNDAY

Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SUNDAY

I didn't expect Dre and Justice to conflict, but it's nice to have that confirmed.

Does anyone else think if the 'Coachella' groupo spoke for GV, they might use correct grammar? 'your all good'? seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by IzGewd View Post
    justice has to be at night
    Yeah I feel you. Well does Dre and Snoop need over an hour for stage set up? I kind of doubt it, so you could do it like this

Florence 5:50-6:40
    Justice 7:10-8:00 (ala Kraftwerk sunset slot 09)
    ATDI 8:50-9:50
    Dre and Snoop 10:30-12:00
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Quote Originally Posted by IzGewd View Post
    justice has to be at night
    My guess is as with Friday night, a DJ act will close the main stage...anyone who remembers the exhausted masses ditching out on Kanye and Gorillaz the two years prior would concur...let the Dance acts close out the fest so those interested in the Sunday Headliner can catch them with some gas still left in the tank.

Should be the strategy on Sunday every year...headliner goes on second to last, top DJ act close the main after.

I was thinking about this earlier today, and a scenario came to mind. One that would probably anger a lot of people on here, but I think it has a chance of happening. You can't rule it out as impossible...

Main Stage
    Beirut 7:10-8:00
    Florence and the Machine 8:20-9:30

OUTDOOR
    ATDI 9:30-10:30

SAHARA
    Justice 10:00-11:30

Justice closing Sahara, ATDI closing the outdoor to a shut down mainstage, Florence playing an hour separated from snoop and dre, with Beirut playing before her at sunset. I'd prefer beirut on a smaller stage, and I am sure most of you loathe Justice, ATDI and Snoop overlapping, but much stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJ View Post
    I was thinking about this earlier today, and a scenario came to mind. One that would probably anger a lot of people on here, but I think it has a chance of happening. You can't rule it out as impossible...

Main Stage

OUTDOOR

SAHARA

Justice closing Sahara, ATDI closing the outdoor to a shut down mainstage, Florence playing an hour separated from snoop and dre, with Beirut playing before her at sunset. I'd prefer beirut on a smaller stage, and I am sure most of you loathe Justice, ATDI and Snoop overlapping, but much stranger things have happened.
    Pretty sure Beirut is going to be on the Outdoor

And I think it's just about certain that Justice and Dre wont conflict, if you look a page earlier in this thread you'll see what I mean
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!

Main Stage

OUTDOOR

SAHARA

Ahh doubt it

I also HIGHLY doubt Florence will be before Dre and Snoop. ATDI will have that slot

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    I also HIGHLY doubt Florence will be before Dre and Snoop. ATDI will have that slot
    Again, I so want to see ATDI play right before Snoop and Dre for one of the most angry audiences clashing with each other. Nothing like a bunch of elbow throwing moshers riling up some OGs.

Again, I so want to see ATDI play right before Snoop and Dre for one of the most angry audiences clashing with each other. Nothing like a bunch of elbow throwing moshers riling up some OGs.
    I keep forgetting that OGs attend coachella
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

Too big of a reunion to be on the outdoor. They are second billed. They will be on the mainstage.

I'm just living in fear of The Weeknd conflicting with ATDI. I would see him over Snoop, but I don't think GV would pit them against each other. Just don't make me choose between The Morning and One-Armed Scissor...
    12/6: Japandroids/DIIV
    1/10: Mister Lies/Matthewdavid

You're living in fear of an act that you like conflicting with another act you also like?

Living In Fear: WHEN BANDS CONFLICT

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood
    5/2: Sleater Kinney @ The Masonic

The respective audience's of Florence vs of Dre is much more contrasting than ATDI vs Dre

Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    I'm just living in fear of The Weeknd conflicting with ATDI. I would see him over Snoop, but I don't think GV would pit them against each other. Just don't make me choose between The Morning and One-Armed Scissor...
    This.

Did these threads get worked out? I have photoshop and some random down time day to day. And I know which of you suck. Lemme know.

The respective audience's of Florence vs of Dre is much more contrasting than ATDI vs Dre
    contrasting yes, but in no way is it volatile. Also, this is why I put in the 1 hour break in-between the acts, and gave ATDI a silent mainstage. I just don't see Florence and the Machine not playing the Mainstage. And there are only 3 places I could see Justice, and that is Pre-Snoop & Dre, closing the Outdoor, closing the Sahara.

I just realized there's no way I'm going to be able to see ATDI, the Weeknd, Justice, and Dre and Snoop. I'm kind of hoping ATDI gets a DFA79 timeslot to free up some conflicts.

^ At the drive in is playing at night. I see Florence no where but the main as well. Cut back the breaks between sets on the main and have it go: Florence > justice > At the drive in > Dre and snoop
    The sahara is looking too full to have justice in there so it is looking like the mainstage for them

Quote Originally Posted by soursour View Post
    I just realized there's no way I'm going to be able to see ATDI, the Weeknd, Justice, and Dre and Snoop. I'm kind of hoping ATDI gets a DFA79 timeslot to free up some conflicts.

I'm thinking they will have DFA 79's slot also, or main stage sunset.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMagnanimous View Post
    If you escaped what I escaped, you'd be at coachella getting fucked up too.

Quote Originally Posted by KelMitchellDreads View Post
    I'm thinking they will have DFA 79's slot also, or main stage sunset.
    yea for me personally i like the sound of:

florence > ATDI (sunset) > justice > dre

dfa having one album and an ep is a loooot easier to scooch into an earlier slot. can't see atdi not getting that second spot on the main stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega man View Post
    Anybody know where I can find pics of when Magnetic Man had the crowd sit down. That moment was epic

contrasting yes, but in no way is it volatile. Also, this is why I put in the 1 hour break in-between the acts, and gave ATDI a silent mainstage. I just don't see Florence and the Machine not playing the Mainstage. And there are only 3 places I could see Justice, and that is Pre-Snoop & Dre, closing the Outdoor, closing the Sahara.
    Florence will almost certainly play the Main, but it doesn't have to be at night. And the vast majority of the time #2 artist on each day of the poster opens up for the Headliner. Which leads me to believe it will go
    Florence---Justice---ATDI---Dre & Snoop

Florence will almost certainly play the Main, but it doesn't have to be at night. And the vast majority of the time #2 artist on each day of the poster opens up for the Headliner. Which leads me to believe it will go
    Florence---Justice---ATDI---Dre & Snoop
    I agree with this. Who closes the outdoor then? My guess is Beirut or maybe The Weeknd. They had PJ Harvey close the outdoor last year against Kanye, right? I know most people might not care but to me and my friends and people who like mellow indie/folk that First Aid Kit and Real Estate conflict is horrible especially on a day like Sunday that's light on indie.

Quote Originally Posted by jefferie View Post
    I agree with this. Who closes the outdoor then? My guess is Beirut or maybe The Weeknd. They had PJ Harvey close the outdoor last year against Kanye, right? I know most people might not care but to me and my friends and people who like mellow indie/folk that First Aid Kit and Real Estate conflict is horrible especially on a day like Sunday that's light on indie.
    How do you feel about The Hives closing the Outdoor?

Nice to see the discussion coming back to life! I'm actually itching to update these, but I'm booked tonight and tomorrow.

Boourns, if you're out there.. feel free!
    I'll pm you my password so you can edit/update the first post.

How do you feel about The Hives closing the Outdoor?
    I'd be surprised if the Hives closed it, not saying it couldn't happen but it just strikes me as kind of odd. I think Florence will close it but I'm basing that on absolutely nothing
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpie View Post
    I'd be surprised if the Hives closed it, not saying it couldn't happen but it just strikes me as kind of odd. I think Florence will close it but I'm basing that on absolutely nothing
    I think the argument about Florence for playing the main is her popularity/the caliber of shows she plays i.e. The Grammys. I think The Hives could close it with Beirut opening for them

Beirut seems to be the main request for sunset performance on the outdoor on Sunday, Florence seems like a lock for the main and we have solid evidence that Dre and Justice wont conflict leaving Justice out but something still doesn't seem right with the Hives closing the outdoor. It should be the logical spot but I'm not too sure.

I think the outdoor will be silent during Dre and either Girl Talk or DJ Shadow will close the Outdoor prior to him coming on.