Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Set Time Predictions - SUNDAY

Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SUNDAY

Girl Talk played in 2009 and three years is a decent amount of time between appearances these days.

The more I think about it..... I think NERO will close the Sahara vs Dre, the big LIVE stage setup, longer set time....
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

I could see that happening

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    I agree. Girl Talk was in the Sahara in the past, but I don't think there is even a chance he is in there this year. He was never EDM to begin with, but now he's almost all classic rock/rock/rap based matchups, very little EDM in there. Party music, but Mojave or Outdoor is more appropriate.
    Today's dumbest post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Sahara closing duties for sunday could go to Nero, Avicci or Girl talk. What do you guys think? Justice being the third billed act will probably be on the main this Year.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Today's dumbest post
    I'm sure tomorrow's will be in one of these threads too.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Quote Originally Posted by IzGewd View Post
    Justice being the third billed act will probably be on the main this Year.
    Support with facts.
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

old school

heres some theories: the only time sahara headliners play during main stage headliners is every single rap headliner. i thought justice main or outdoor with la roux in the sahara, but with her off who knows. avicii is headlining a day of edc according to my friend at insomniac. as far as girl talk/nero, lets say middle billed live acts in the mojave, highly billed djs in the sahara. period. and girl talk def has more the same crowd as Dre than avicii does.
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    heres some theories: the only time sahara headliners play during main stage headliners is every single rap headliner.
    So this is just wrong.

[braces for distorted definition of what makes a "sahara headliner"]

Mr. Awesome, can you please tell us which stage you think Justice will play. Insight into the approximate time would be great to hear as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

old school

to appease the 12,000 post troll: a sahara headliner is the highest billed sahara act.
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

to appease the 12,000 post troll: a sahara headliner is the highest billed sahara act.
    twelve thousand, eight hundred one posts to be exact at the time of this posting

heres some theories: the only time sahara headliners play during main stage headliners is every single rap headliner.
    So this is just wrong.

[braces for distorted definition of what makes a "sahara headliner"]
    So this theory was disproven as recently as Saturday of Coachella 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Mr. Awesome, can you please tell us which stage you think Justice will play. Insight into the approximate time would be great to hear as well.
    Sahara. Closing. Next question.

Jesus, there are a ton of potential Sahara acts on Sunday. I guess maybe Girl Talk and Nero could be at a different stage. I have a hard time believing Modeselektor won't be in the Sahara after having seen their big-tent-friendly Lolla set

Considering Coachella's preference last year for putting any EDM act with crossover appeal not in the Sahara (Presets in Mojave;Chems on main), I'd say Modeselektor in Mojave is probably more accurate than in the Sahara.

Presets is a live electronic act, not a DJ. And Chemical Brothers' placement on the mainstage had more to do with their prestige in the EDM world than their "crossover appeal." I think Modeselektor could be in the Mojave, but not because of that reasoning.

Man, even though I dont think it will happen I hope Modeselektor goes in the sahara, but anything besides nighttime is an injustice
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

I see why one would think Modeselektor would/could be in the Mojave, but I think the Sahara is way more likely. They will be in the Sahara and they will tear it up.

I doubt Justice plays the outdoor. They are either Playing the Main or closing the Sahara. There are just a ton of Sahara acts this day so I think the main is the most likely

lol @ Justice on the outdoor. Do you guys think at all before you come up with these set times?

Today's dumbest post
    There are literally like three electronic samples in All Day. If this was Friday and there were huge Sahara holes, sure, throw Girl Talk in there. But there are more Sahara likely acts on Sunday than any other day, which is also an hour shorter, and Girl Talk is virtually all rock/classic rock/hip-hop based now. I don't think it's an absurd suggestion to say that somebody who has very little EDM influence anymore will play a tent other than the rave tent, especially over Modeselektor and Nero.

Girl Talk (who makes dance music) doesn't belong in the Sahara but Amon Tobin (who DOESN'T make dance music) does?

ok...

Quote Originally Posted by Phunkevil View Post
    Girl Talk (who makes dance music) doesn't belong in the Sahara but Amon Tobin (who DOESN'T make dance music) does?

ok...
    I swear people read about a third of an argument on these boards. Nobody is saying Girl Talk wouldn't play the Sahara, and nobody is saying Amon Tobin should play the Sahara. I am saying there are too many Sahara acts on Sunday, and so somebody has to be on another stage. And there are too few Sahara acts on Friday, so somebody has to go in. Girl Talk seems like a more logical fit on another stage than anybody else, and Amon Tobin is admittedly illogical but I can't see another option, besides maybe The Rapture who would then have to repeat their exact set time from the last time they played.

Add a couple acts on Friday, Amon Tobin/The Rapture are clearly Mojave. Subtract a couple on Sunday, Girl Talk is Sahara. But until that happens, somebody weird is going to be included/omitted.
    Last edited by travelfan; 02-25-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Added last paragraph

I swear people read about a third of an argument on these boards. Nobody is saying Girl Talk wouldn't play the Sahara, and nobody is saying Amon Tobin should play the Sahara. I am saying there are too many Sahara acts on Sunday, and so somebody has to be on another stage. And there are too few Sahara acts on Friday, so somebody has to go in. Girl Talk seems like a more logical fit on another stage than anybody else, and Amon Tobin is admittedly illogical but I can't see another option, besides maybe The Rapture who would then have to repeat their exact set time from the last time they played.

Add a couple acts on Friday, Amon Tobin/The Rapture are clearly Mojave. Subtract a couple on Sunday, Girl Talk is Sahara. But until that happens, somebody weird is going to be included/omitted.
    Yes

There are literally like three electronic samples in All Day. If this was Friday and there were huge Sahara holes, sure, throw Girl Talk in there. But there are more Sahara likely acts on Sunday than any other day, which is also an hour shorter, and Girl Talk is virtually all rock/classic rock/hip-hop based now. I don't think it's an absurd suggestion to say that somebody who has very little EDM influence anymore will play a tent other than the rave tent, especially over Modeselektor and Nero.
    His music had no meaningful difference in terms of including EDM samples prior to or after All Day. His sets are exclusively dance parties. You are a complete bastard.

Also, re Friday, I absolutely do not feel it is a foregone conclusion that Swedish House Mafia will play the main stage.

His music had no meaningful difference in terms of including EDM samples prior to or after All Day. His sets are exclusively dance parties. You are a complete bastard.
    Dance parties, just like Major Lazer and Chromeo. Who played Mojave and Outdoor.

Since you've gone on the record saying you think Justice is IN the Sahara, which artist out of Girl Talk/AVICII/Calvin Harris/Nero/Modeselektor isn't going to be? And by listing those, I'm making the assumption, like many have, that DJ Shadow won't be in the Sahara. But no way they can fit all five of those AND Justice in the Sahara on Sunday, the shortest day. If we are assuming that all six of those acts are in the Sahara, and get one hour sets, one of them starts at 6:00. Which leaves the next three highest billed EDM acts (Dada Life/Porter Robinson/Flux Pavilion) from 3:00-6:00. When is the last time an act billed as high as Flux Pavilion (surreal sentence, I know) played at 3:00 in the Sahara? Or 3:00 anywhere?

And then if Zedd, Morgan Page, NOISIA, and the Gaslamp Killer all also play Sahara, then what, somebody starts at 11:00? Half hour sets? Too much high billing in the Sahara. Somebody has to go. To me, of those higher billed acts, Girl Talk seems the most suitable for a different stage, not that he isn't suitable for the Sahara.

I'm a bastard, but I'm just being logical here.
    Last edited by travelfan; 02-25-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Dance parties, just like Major Lazer and Chromeo. Who played Mojave and Outdoor.

Since you've gone on the record saying you think Justice is IN the Sahara, which artist out of Girl Talk/AVICII/Calvin Harris/Nero/Modeselektor isn't going to be? And by listing those, I'm making the assumption, like many have, that DJ Shadow won't be in the Sahara. But no way they can fit all five of those AND Justice in the Sahara on Sunday, the shortest day. If we are assuming that all six of those acts are in the Sahara, and get one hour sets, one of them starts at 6:00. Which leaves the next three highest billed EDM acts (Dada Life/Porter Robinson/Flux Pavilion) from 3:00-6:00. When is the last time an act billed as high as Flux Pavilion (surreal sentence, I know) played at 3:00 in the Sahara? Or 3:00 anywhere?

I'm a bastard, but I'm just being logical here.
    Out of those, Girl Talk is out, but not because of your "he's more hip hop and classic rock based" tripe, you disgusting asshole.

Yeah Sunday is FUCKED Sahara scheduling wise.

More like the Sahaha