Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

I agree Kasabian will probably be mainstage... but they wont play as late as you think. And if Noel plays the mainstage, it will be before Bon Iver.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

old school

why would Laura Marling and Grace Potter be at the exact same time? also, Awolnation is an electronic-ish act with a hit on the radio, think later.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

old school

also, i agree with others that have said that radiohead and flying lotus wont conflict..he has been working with thom yorke on dj sets, i think 10pm mojave..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

For the record, Noel Gallagher doesn't play Champagne Supernova at his shows.

But he closes with Don't Look Back in Anger, which he did sing in Oasis, and that is all that should matter to you anyhow.
    Pulp.Other Lives.M83.Arctic Monkeys.Amon Tobin.Explosions in the Sky.The Horrors.EMA.The Black Keys.GIRLS.Yuck.WU LYF
    Radiohead.Noel Gallagher.Bon Iver.GY!BE.Feist.The Vaccines.St. Vincent.Jeff Mangum.The Shins.SBTRKT.Kasabian.Keep Shelly in Athens.Destroyer.Kaiser Chiefs
    Wild Beasts.Metronomy.Beirut.Real Estate.Fanfarlo.The Weeknd.Florence+The Machine.The Hives.Gotye.First Aid Kit

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    yes i realize that... but hearing champagne supernova (ya i know it wont be liam singing it) right before radiohead gets on stage is as good as it gets.
    Too bad it will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    i just like that flow better. noel gallagher means oasis to me, and having bon iver -> oasis -> radiohead will be one of the greatest moments in recent festival history
    Except it's not Oasis and it's not going to happen. He might be on the main, but not before Bon Iver. Trust that.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Not really
    If anything he would be the first act on the main or outdoor
    You think first act huh? My friends and I love him so I'm probably assuming he's more popular than he is...

Actually if we assume Radiohead is bringing some kickass, potentially new lighting (anybody know anything about this?) which will likely require substantial time to get set up, it could potentially go something like this:

Main
    Radiohead 11:00-1:00
    Noel Gallagher 8:55-9:45

Outdoor Theatre
    Bon Iver 9:45-11:00

or with bon iver and noel swapped... i dunno which... I would say Neol's status should guarantee him a mainstage slot but I would have said the same thing about Thom Yorke
    Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012x2

I am Very worried that sub focus and flylo will b on at the same time. This concerns me deeply seeing as they may b the only 2 acts i really care about that day
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian View Post
    Actually if we assume Radiohead is bringing some kickass, potentially new lighting (anybody know anything about this?) which will likely require substantial time to get set up, it could potentially go something like this:

Main

Outdoor Theatre

or with bon iver and noel swapped... i dunno which... I would say Neol's status should guarantee him a mainstage slot but I would have said the same thing about Thom Yorke
    I highly doubt Bon Iver wont open for Radiohead on the Main, considering the #2 spot on the poster pretty much always opens for the headliner

Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonian View Post

Main

Outdoor Theatre

Not that I actually see this happening, but I would love if this scenario happened barring that Bon Iver and Noel Gallagher are switched (Bon Iver on main from 8:55-9:45 and Noel Gallagher on outdoor from 9:45 to 11). Then Paul could put Flying Lotus on in the Mojave after Bon Iver from 9:45-11:00. I wouldn't have to worry about missing Radiohead, FlyLo or Bon Iver which would definitely work for me.

Noel Gallagher isn't Jeff Mangum. He's not getting a silent main stage or a set time that long.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

^Agreed, now if it were Oasis on the other hand.
    COACHELLA VETERAN

2001 ~ 2007 ~ 2010 ~ 2011 ~ 2012

Bon Iver will be on the main stage before Radiohead. Accept it already.

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    I am Very worried that sub focus and flylo will b on at the same time. This concerns me deeply seeing as they may b the only 2 acts i really care about that day
    I'm with you here man. I'll be seriously bummed if that happens

I think trying to plan this day with no conflicts is impossible, and ends up with some weird times, like fIREHOSE on the Outdoor at night, or Squeeze & Buzzcocks in the Mojave during the day (all three bands seem to me like possible early-afternoon Main/ late-afternoon Outdoor/ evening Mojave/ late Gobi) - trying to keep acts with similar fan bases from conflicting is impossible simply because this day is just too crowded with them - so i think the day needs to be approached in a different way.

Looking at recent lineups, many acts conflicting with the headliner are the kind of rare/specialty acts with devoted fans that wouldn't miss them for anyone (Fever Ray, Whitest Boy Alive, The Presets, Scissor Sisters, Throbbing Gristle...) - sure, a lot of people with a vague interest in Fever Ray ended up elsewhere, but for those of us in masks, nothing could have prevented us from being in that tent - same thing from the crowd I saw after wandering away from Kanye and discovering the Presets. So I think the whole "____ is a rare act and will not conflict with the headliner" is kind of BS - if anything, it seems more likely

so, are there any bands this day that people would actually skip Radiohead for? I for one would have to begrudgingly skip Radiohead for GY!BE, and there wouldn't even be a question if there were a RH/Mangum conflict. And I have friends that would be fine skipping RH for Squeeze or fIREHORE. Is there anything else?

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i would skip radiohead for mangum. it would kill me to walk away, but i'd do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Why is Whitest Boy Alive considered a rare act?

Quote Originally Posted by KidRobot View Post
    I don't know, but I had a friend who was so excited about them, she left halfway through Fever Ray's set to catch it, and when I ran past the Gobi to catch the end of PiL, I noticed that there was actually a decent-sized crowd in there (more than seemed to be at PiL) - yeah, I probably shouldn't have included them with the others, but I figured there might be another smaller act that would have enough devotees to fill the Gobi against RH - anything?

ugh...Grouplove wont be on that early. 230 or 3pm sounds right.
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

I feel like if SBTRKT plays the Gobi it'll be a later spot, perhaps where Godspeed is

Quote Originally Posted by strangelove13 View Post
    I think trying to plan this day with no conflicts is impossible, and ends up with some weird times, like fIREHOSE on the Outdoor at night, or Squeeze & Buzzcocks in the Mojave during the day (all three bands seem to me like possible early-afternoon Main/ late-afternoon Outdoor/ evening Mojave/ late Gobi) - trying to keep acts with similar fan bases from conflicting is impossible simply because this day is just too crowded with them - so i think the day needs to be approached in a different way.

Looking at recent lineups, many acts conflicting with the headliner are the kind of rare/specialty acts with devoted fans that wouldn't miss them for anyone (Fever Ray, Whitest Boy Alive, The Presets, Scissor Sisters, Throbbing Gristle...) - sure, a lot of people with a vague interest in Fever Ray ended up elsewhere, but for those of us in masks, nothing could have prevented us from being in that tent - same thing from the crowd I saw after wandering away from Kanye and discovering the Presets. So I think the whole "____ is a rare act and will not conflict with the headliner" is kind of BS - if anything, it seems more likely

so, are there any bands this day that people would actually skip Radiohead for? I for one would have to begrudgingly skip Radiohead for GY!BE, and there wouldn't even be a question if there were a RH/Mangum conflict. And I have friends that would be fine skipping RH for Squeeze or fIREHORE. Is there anything else?
    I am still kinda kicking myself in the ass for missing Fever Ray but i would have also been kicking myself in the ass for missing DeadMau5
    COACHELLA VETERAN

2001 ~ 2007 ~ 2010 ~ 2011 ~ 2012

So wait... during the painful Fever Ray vs. PiL vs. Jay-Z conflict.... you were at Deadmau5?...

This explains your set times.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey1313666 View Post
    I feel like if SBTRKT plays the Gobi it'll be a later spot, perhaps where Godspeed is
    agreed - I think they should be switched (giving Godspeed the silent Mangum set to set up and sound check)

Quote Originally Posted by DeadSkin View Post
    I am still kinda kicking myself in the ass for missing Fever Ray but i would have also been kicking myself in the ass for missing DeadMau5
    no you wouldn't - cause you could have caught DeadMau5 at a later performance... you will probably never have a chance to see Fever Ray again

Worst choice ever. lol. Who the fuck misses Fever Ray for Deadmau5!?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

I'll switch Godspeed and SBTRKT

Please put Flying Lotus to an earlier time while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by KidRobot View Post
    They don't like to be far away from their kids for more than a week or two at a time, so it's pretty rare to get them to come to the States for more than a few shows.