Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

Wait, Godspeed in the Mojave? Will anyone be able to hear the beginning of their songs over the Sahara?

Is a Radiohead and SBTRKT conflict likely? oh man oh man oh man. so many conflicts.

Quote Originally Posted by cansei de ser sexme View Post
    I can see A$AP being a more day thing at the outdoor or main than a night tent type.
    I could see them have a similar spot as Wiz had last year, but looking at their live videos they seem to do a lot of crowd interacting...so maybe a tent is where they belong.

Brought this up already...but I cant see Metronomy getting a 3pm slot and GroupLove going on at 1. If anything it would be the other way around...GroupLove has 2 singles on the radio.

Quote Originally Posted by strangelove13 View Post
    Wait, Godspeed in the Mojave? Will anyone be able to hear the beginning of their songs over the Sahara?
    Not according to Boourns.

yeah i think this is kinda bad

and dragonette is gonna be in a tent

and godspeed should be in the gobi b/c of sound bleed issues imo - no reason why they couldnt close the gobi at 10 with a bit of overlap with radiohead, and then the mojave could go kasabian -> flylo (10-10:50) -> whoever to close

empty outdoor theater during radiohead, partial empty gobi, and then sahara and mojave can still have acts

lastly i really think guetta will close the sahara...i also see sub focus being at 7:45 at the earliest..thus, maybe give guetta a 75-90 min closing set, with it being sub focus, kaskade, ingrosso, then guetta so that kaskade's set doesn't conflict with radiohead's and ingrosso's does for a bit

or just let Godspeed play a 2-hour set if they like... it they're closing out the Gobi, they won't interfere with Radiohead, and the Outdoor would already be silent for them

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Godspeed is playing at 10pm per their booking agency. Flylo at 9pm per the same source. There is even an entire thread about it, in addition to it being posted itt
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Dragonette in a tent.

I'd love to be back stage as the Kaiser Chiefs leave the Main stage as Noel Gallagher comes. They hate each other (maybe GV knows this and doesn't put them back to back on the same stage?)

YouTube "Coachella Killchella" if you don't trust my link: http://youtu.be/wdAPmPlsznc

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Final predictions. I really don't like how the outdoor is silent during most of Yawny Bear, but there's not enough time between Jeff Mangum and Miike Snow for two acts.
    Dragonette > Keep Shelly In Athens > Grouplove > AWOLNATION > Grace Potter > Destroyer > Vaccines > St. Vincent > Head and the Heart > Andrew Bird > Tune-Yards > Jeff Mangum > The Shins > Feist > Kasabian > Bon Iver > Miike Snow > Radiohead

Looks like my Saturday last year as far as running around.
    -Zach

Quote Originally Posted by kerby14 View Post
    yeah i think this is kinda bad

and dragonette is gonna be in a tent

and godspeed should be in the gobi b/c of sound bleed issues imo - no reason why they couldnt close the gobi at 10 with a bit of overlap with radiohead, and then the mojave could go kasabian -> flylo (10-10:50) -> whoever to close

empty outdoor theater during radiohead, partial empty gobi, and then sahara and mojave can still have acts

lastly i really think guetta will close the sahara...i also see sub focus being at 7:45 at the earliest..thus, maybe give guetta a 75-90 min closing set, with it being sub focus, kaskade, ingrosso, then guetta so that kaskade's set doesn't conflict with radiohead's and ingrosso's does for a bit
    Kasabian confirmed they will be in the Mojave at 8:45, meaning the next act starts at 10pm. I put Godspeed in the Mojave because their set time is listed as 10pm at Windish.
    7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

I have a feeling its gonna take more than 25 mins to set up for GYBE.

This day is perfect for me...except for the one conflict (which would probably be my worst) Radiohead/SBTRKT
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2

Kasabian confirmed they will be in the Mojave at 8:45, meaning the next act starts at 10pm. I put Godspeed in the Mojave because their set time is listed as 10pm at Windish.
    Could Miike Snow be in the Mojave at 10:10 instead of closing out the Outdoor? Perhaps Kasabian get an extra 10 minutes, or there's 35 minutes between sets?

I like your setup around the artists that had their set times confirmed today.
    It allows me to do Grouplove >Awolnation >Big Pink >Vaccines>Kaiser Chiefs>Noel Gallagher>Sub Focus>Manchester Orchestra>Shins>Kasabian>some of David Guetta>Radiohead

^^ damn that's a bummer.

I really hope Manchester Orchestra gets an Outdoor Theatre spot

Quote Originally Posted by loser999 View Post
    I really hope Manchester Orchestra gets an Outdoor Theatre spot
    I agree, but don't know where they would fit in. Destroyer's spot maybe, but that seems a bit early.

Grouplove is now playing Friday via their facebook

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

i would go

keep shelly in athens -> grouplove -> WWPJ -> Buzzcoack -> fIREHOSE -> Andrew Bird -> Mangum -> Gary Clark, Jr. -> Kasabian - > FlyLo-> end of Bon Iver (for RH Spot) -> RH
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Keep Shelly in Athens->Destroyer->St. Vincent->Andrew Bird->Jeff Mangum->Feist->Godspeed->Radiohead
    7/27 Babymetal @ Fonda, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ The Ace, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater

Is there any reason Godspeed can't play outdoor? I'm no expert on them, so I really don't know. But we know Miike Snow is on at 10:10, and Godspeed at 10:00. Could they be flipped? The way we have it right now, huge break in the outdoor after Feist, perfect for Godspeed setup. Plus, which is more likely to drown them out, Skinny Love or Titanium? Putting them on the outdoor against Bon Iver is going to be infinitely less soundbleed than sandwiching them in between A$AP and Guetta. Plus, Miike Snow could easily be the Robyn of this year...high billed, but works in the Mojave. Am I just way underestimating Miike Snow's popularity?

Although the Kasabian end time (based on their confirmed set time) does pretty much match up perfectly with 10:00 instead of 10:10, if we are sticking to the standard 25 minute set up for the tents.

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Is there any reason Godspeed can't play outdoor? I'm no expert on them, so I really don't know. But we know Miike Snow is on at 10:10, and Godspeed at 10:00. Could they be flipped? The way we have it right now, huge break in the outdoor after Feist, perfect for Godspeed setup. Plus, which is more likely to drown them out, Skinny Love or Titanium? Putting them on the outdoor against Bon Iver is going to be infinitely less soundbleed than sandwiching them in between A$AP and Guetta. Plus, Miike Snow could easily be the Robyn of this year...high billed, but works in the Mojave. Am I just way underestimating Miike Snow's popularity?

Although the Kasabian end time (based on their confirmed set time) does pretty much match up perfectly with 10:00 instead of 10:10, if we are sticking to the standard 25 minute set up for the tents.
    Miike Snow has a broader appeal, and Godspeed seems best in an enclosed environment, but besides that, not really. Good point about the soundbleed. Well, where is the Do Lab going to be this year?

why not Godspeed in the Gobi, Miike Snow in the Mojave, and have Feist close the outdoor - Godspeed wouldn't be too hindered by Miike Snow on one side and Feist on the other, and I can't imagine there's a huge overlap of fans for either

Miike Snow has a broader appeal, and Godspeed seems best in an enclosed environment, but besides that, not really. Good point about the soundbleed. Well, where is the Do Lab going to be this year?
    See, this is kind of what I was wondering about them. Because if it wasn't for that, Outdoor has the extra set-up time and fixes the soundbleed issue, and I can't see a reason why Miike Snow can't be Mojave. And for some reason I thought the Gobi was out for them, but am I making that up? Why do I think that hah?

Looking at the schedule, they could potentially work in the Gobi and avoid the soundbleed...if the Mojave was shut down right after Kasabian, would that happen? And then picks right back up after they finish?

Last year I noticed no sound bleed from the Do Lab, even for Tallest Man/Radio Dept in the Gobi, but then again it was far more enclosed than usual last year.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Pure Filth Sound > Do Lab > Grace Potter > Buzzcocks > Zeds Dead > half of Noel G > Jeff fucking Mangum > Kaskade > GY!BE > Radiohead's last 4-7 songs

Would be bummed to miss Miike Snow, A$AP Rocky, Gary Clark JR, tUnE-yArDs, Sub Focus
    Last edited by Neighborhood Creep; 04-06-2012 at 12:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    See, this is kind of what I was wondering about them. Because if it wasn't for that, Outdoor has the extra set-up time and fixes the soundbleed issue, and I can't see a reason why Miike Snow can't be Mojave. And for some reason I thought the Gobi was out for them, but am I making that up? Why do I think that hah?

Looking at the schedule, they could potentially work in the Gobi and avoid the soundbleed...if the Mojave was shut down right after Kasabian, would that happen? And then picks right back up after they finish?

Last year I noticed no sound bleed from the Do Lab, even for Tallest Man/Radio Dept in the Gobi, but then again it was far more enclosed than usual last year.
    I have a really difficult time judging the appeal of Godspeed. I know for me, they are my main draw of the festival, along with Radiohead, but I can't image they have much mass appeal. It's a show you really have to want, if that makes sense. So Gobi might actually work. But, on the other hand, it also seems like it would take away from the show considerably if too many people were jammed in too tightly. So, I guess what I'm saying is, I have no idea. But I can't wait to see them!
    Darkside (1/25)
    Oneohtrix Point Never (2/7)
    Four Tet (3/7) / Voices from the Lake (live) (3/7)
    London Grammar (3/25)
    Trentemoller (4/5)
    Factory Floor (4/15)
    Coachella (4/18-4/20)
    Haxan Cloak (5/15)

At this point we should just merge this thread with the Godspeed main thread...

what about Feist in Kaiser Chiefs slot?

I don't think they'd put Kaiser Chiefs against Kasabian.
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by jjr024 View Post
    what about Feist in Kaiser Chiefs slot?
    and have Kaiser Chiefs on the Outdoor before Miike Snow? meh
    MY NEW 2014 COACHELECTRO MIX! 58 of This Years Artists In Just 50 Minutes! FREE DOWNLOAD!
    https://soundcloud.com/taktik-3/the-...coachelectro-2