Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 683

Thread: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

  1. #31

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    This day is going to be heartbreaking for all involved. Although I think the most realistic part of this day is that Radiohead/GY!BE/Mangum don't conflict. I think on a day with so many acts, these seem like the three that GV will make sure you can see. Everything else is...depressing. Seeing my two top daytime Saturday acts (Black Lips and A$AP Rocky) at night is soul crushing just because it makes so much sense. Makes my already tough choices harder...

  2. #32

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    I think Guetta will play the main stage after Radiohead. I know it seems silly to think Radiohead wouldn't be the last artist, but I don't think that matters as much as people think. Guetta played to about 60,000 people at EDC, he's way too big for the Sahara. I think Radiohead will still get the longest main stage set, but Guetta will close.

  3. #33
    Member sddoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    608

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    No way Guetta closes Main, especially over Radiohead

  4. #34
    Member Phantasma Del Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Park
    Posts
    1,918

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    EDC is a very different festival tailored for a different audience. This is Radiohead we're talking about, of course they're closing out the mainstage.

  5. #35
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,833

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Dont forget to add Garbage on the Outdoor.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  6. #36
    Member Lemonpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The DP
    Posts
    270

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by Media Blitz View Post
    I think Guetta will play the main stage after Radiohead. I know it seems silly to think Radiohead wouldn't be the last artist, but I don't think that matters as much as people think. Guetta played to about 60,000 people at EDC, he's way too big for the Sahara. I think Radiohead will still get the longest main stage set, but Guetta will close.
    Blasphemy
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

  7. #37
    old school frizzlefry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    EDC is a very different festival tailored for a different audience. This is Radiohead we're talking about, of course they're closing out the mainstage.
    Seriously, there are going to be more people dying to see Radiohead than David Guetta, I think more people were hoping for Radiohead than for Guetta in June.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

  8. #38
    Member KickerConspiracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Posts
    968

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Guetta played the Sahara last time he was at Coach (09 I think), and I can't imagine him closing the Main after Radiohead. The Kasabian at midnight slot seems super weird to me. I'd guess a late afternoon slot - somewhere between 4-6. Mojave or Outdoor seem like a likely landing spot, or maybe they follow the Kaiser Chiefs on the main.

  9. #39
    Member Chillzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    434

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Guetta played at 9 in Sahara in 2010

  10. #40

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    I really like these times, because they allow me to see all four of my most anticipated acts (Radiohead, GY!BE, Jeff Mangum, and Andrew Bird)

  11. #41

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Kasabian shouldn't conflict with Radiohead.

    Quote Originally Posted by Media Blitz View Post
    I think Guetta will play the main stage after Radiohead. I know it seems silly to think Radiohead wouldn't be the last artist, but I don't think that matters as much as people think. Guetta played to about 60,000 people at EDC, he's way too big for the Sahara. I think Radiohead will still get the longest main stage set, but Guetta will close.
    Laughable speculation.

  12. #42
    old school xanman86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    4,731

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    I'm going to cross my fingers for GY!BE > Jeff Mangum > Bon Iver > Radiohead on the main even though it is unlikely. It would be magical.

    Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

  13. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    109

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Kasabian will be on the outdoor stage

  14. #44
    Member johnnypolite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    dallas
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Think Azealia Banks would be later and in Mojave.
    Hello my name is Johnny Polite and they are going to kill me...
    Concert Calendar:
    Burning Hotels 1.14 | The Kills 1.23 | Adam Ant 2.7 | Girls 3.9 | Dr. Dog 3.11 | Neon Indian 3.13 | Andrew Bird 3.15| Band of Skulls 3.17

    twitter.com/thechris104
    youtube.com/thechris104
    granadatheater.com

  15. #45
    Bambi menikmati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    North Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    15,080

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by xanman86 View Post
    I'm going to cross my fingers for GY!BE > Jeff Mangum > Bon Iver > Radiohead on the main even though it is unlikely. It would be magical.
    Yeah, GY!BE on the main at 5:30pm in the hot sun would be magical...

  16. #46
    Member iammrcandyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    956

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    FlyLo + Godspeed = Same crowd

  17. #47
    old school zimmy1222's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oakland
    Posts
    2,683

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    ^exactly what i was going to post. no way they'd conflict. especially directly. wth..

  18. #48

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    Seriously, there are going to be more people dying to see Radiohead than David Guetta, I think more people were hoping for Radiohead than for Guetta in June.
    It's not really about that, it's just about Coachella following their habit of putting their huge electronic act on after the main stage headliner. I don't really see the problem as long as Radiohead is given the longest set. I can't fucking stand Guetta, it's just an opinion.

  19. #49

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by Media Blitz View Post
    It's not really about that, it's just about Coachella following their habit of putting their huge electronic act on after the main stage headliner. I don't really see the problem as long as Radiohead is given the longest set. I can't fucking stand Guetta, it's just an opinion.
    Which they will. On Friday. With Swedish House Mafia after Black Keys.

  20. #50
    old school DFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    2,524

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    GroupLove at 1pm? They're all over the radio...id give them a 3pm slot at the earliest.
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

  21. #51

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    I would swap Borgore with Destructo. Destructo is a local LA dj with really not much in the way of production, he'll get the earliest sahara slot, Borgore is much bigger and he has many wellknown productions in the dubstep scene
    Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012x2

  22. #52
    Member CitizenJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    The heartbreak of this day is inevitable, but there are so many more conflicts on this one than on the ones posted in the other forum... The Shins Vs. St. Vincent? Andrew Bird Vs. Destroyer? Dear god, let these not happen. Also, Kasabian vs. Radiohead is awful. I also see Kasabian taking a mainstage mid-late afternoon set.

  23. #53
    old school clumsy342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,491

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Kasabian is probably not going to conflict with Radiohead. I put them there thinking maybe they could still draw a crowd against Radiohead(?)
    But seeing as how they are fellow brits, and both HUGE (apparently), Kasabian should move.
    Should they go where Kaiser Chiefs are now? I sort of figured they'd be playing at night.


  24. #54
    Member CitizenJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    Kasabian is probably not going to conflict with Radiohead. I put them there thinking maybe they could still draw a crowd against Radiohead(?)
    But seeing as how they are fellow brits, and both HUGE (apparently), Kasabian should move.
    Should they go where Kaiser Chiefs are now? I sort of figured they'd be playing at night.
    I am as conflicted as you. I do see Kasabian as a great night band, but I also see them as a big stage band. I would love to see, and think it could be very realistic, to move Grace Potter off to a tent stage somewhere, and then have the coachella stage go

    Suedehead -> The Vaccines -> The Kaiser Chiefs -> Kasabian

    Essentially moving Kasabian into the Kaiser Chiefs spot. Then maybe swap Noel Gallagher and Feist? Those two stages would flow really well then. My two cents.

  25. #55
    Member PointBlank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Fernando Valley
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Hope A$AP and Radiohead don't conflict, but it totally makes sense. Ugh...

  26. #56
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,525

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJ View Post
    I am as conflicted as you. I do see Kasabian as a great night band, but I also see them as a big stage band. I would love to see, and think it could be very realistic, to move Grace Potter off to a tent stage somewhere, and then have the coachella stage go

    Suedehead -> The Vaccines -> The Kaiser Chiefs -> Kasabian

    Essentially moving Kasabian into the Kaiser Chiefs spot. Then maybe swap Noel Gallagher and Feist? Those two stages would flow really well then. My two cents.
    This could work or you could even put The Vaccines on the outdoor early in the day.

  27. #57

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    Kasabian is probably not going to conflict with Radiohead. I put them there thinking maybe they could still draw a crowd against Radiohead(?)
    But seeing as how they are fellow brits, and both HUGE (apparently), Kasabian should move.
    Should they go where Kaiser Chiefs are now? I sort of figured they'd be playing at night.
    I actually think it might work for you to simply swap Kasabian for Kaiser Chiefs; KC make more sense to close the mojave than Kasabian IMO, Kasabian should probably be on main stage..

    Considering how (arguably) similar these two bands are, in terms of both their sound and the era they came up in, I doubt they will follow one another closely on the same stage... ppl in the beer gardens might think the same band was playing again lol.

    I also don't think you should worry about 'fellow brits' playing at the same time, this has never been a factor in the set times...
    Last edited by Edmontonian; 02-02-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012x2

  28. #58
    old school
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    4,054

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    With the obvious exception of Radiohead, which acts are all but confirmed to be mainstage or night time? Aren't Bon Iver or Feist bring light shows?

  29. #59

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    With the obvious exception of Radiohead, which acts are all but confirmed to be mainstage or night time? Aren't Bon Iver or Feist bring light shows?
    Mainstage and night guaranteed: Swedish House Mafia.

  30. #60
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,953

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - SATURDAY

    you

    are

    dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Similar Threads

  1. Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 707
    Last Post: 04-12-2012, 11:01 AM
  2. Set Time Predictions - coming soon
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 560
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 11:42 PM
  3. SET TIME PREDICTIONS 2011 - SATURDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 895
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 04:01 PM
  4. Set Time Predictions- SATURDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 987
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 09:24 PM
  5. Saturday slot time predictions
    By im so indie in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-22-2007, 04:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •