Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 708

Thread: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

  1. #151

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Why would Pulp get the same slot as Jarvis' solo set?

  2. #152
    Member Lemonpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    The DP
    Posts
    270

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by n3glect View Post
    Why would Pulp get the same slot as Jarvis' solo set?
    They wont
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

  3. #153

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Hence, promote them to the main stage.

  4. #154
    old school frizzlefry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Would Madness really be in the Mojave?
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

  5. #155
    Member CitizenJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    Would Madness really be in the Mojave?
    Devo

  6. #156
    old school frizzlefry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Why is that a valid comparison, because they're both from the 80s? Did Devo play in America for the first time in six years in 2010 as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

  7. #157

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    PULP WILL BE ON THE MAIN STAGE. OH MY GOD.

  8. #158
    old school clumsy342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,490

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post

    Updated: 2/9 @ 9:10 pm
    Ok - here is my attempt at updating Friday. This day has been such a pain in the ass for some reason. But I FINALLY worked out a good way to have more than 3 acts on the Outdoor after sunset.
    But now that I've done that, I'd have to say that it's still more likely that there will only be 3. But Hey! It's an Update!


    .. show me those adds, Coachella. come on. where are they?

    OH - I'll go ahead and point out that I have James vs. Madness. But if I spent one more minute looking at this, my head is going to explode. Why are Saturday and Sunday so much easier this year?
    Last edited by clumsy342; 02-09-2012 at 08:16 PM.


  9. #159
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,493

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    What about swapping Mazzy Star and James? That would eliminate the James-Madness clash which seems high unlikely.

  10. #160
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,489

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    This looks a lot better than the other set times. Big improvement. However...

    1) Girls vs. WU LFY vs. EMA is a brutal conflict. I highly doubt that is going to happen.
    2) Why is Yuck so early in the mojave? I imagine if they are that early, they will be on the Outdoor, and if the mojave, they will play around 5 or 6.
    3) Idea: move Girls to Frank Ocean's spot, and Yuck to Girls spot. Then move WU LYF to Yuck's spot. As for where to put Frank Ocean...?
    4) Why is there a 40 minute gap between Frank Ocean and Explosions?
    5) Im assuming the Gobi is closed down during Explosions because that is basically a place holder for adds?
    6) Mazzy Star is far too early. Maybe switch Mazzy Star and The Rapture? I don't see The Rapture closing the Mojave.
    7) Why is James vs. Madness and conflict? Because they are British? I don't think that is a concern.

    This is definitely an improvement though. And I agree, Friday must have some lower tier acts coming to fill out the day. Either that, or Friday is starting later in the afternoon than laster year.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  11. #161
    old school clumsy342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,490

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    The gap between Frank Ocean and EITS is intentional. So is the one in the Gobi. There's just not nearly as many acts this day. It would work well if the curfew was midnight though.


  12. #162
    Member latexsolarbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm of the Mitten
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    What is the Friday curfew? 1am I assume?
    Last edited by latexsolarbeef; 02-09-2012 at 11:37 PM.

  13. #163
    Member Panda421's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    401

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    That is what it has been the past few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    I jacked off 4 times today all before work! true story!
    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Spicy pie or die, bitch.

  14. #164
    old school frizzlefry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Maybe switch Midnight Beast and Wu Lyf, I don't see why Midnight Beast should be out in the open for the world to see
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

  15. #165
    Member latexsolarbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm of the Mitten
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    The Refused v. Tobin clash will absolutely shatter my Friday, so I'm really hoping you're wrong there. I still think ISAM belongs on a big stage but you're probably right about him closing the Sahara with it, but I also hope you're wrong there too. Everything else looks pretty good... Just please, please, please, don't put the most memorizing contemporary act up against one of the rarest hardcore acts that haven't played a show in over a decade.

  16. #166
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,493

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    I think The Rapture make a ton of sense closing The Mojave and i wouldn't move them. I still think that Mazzy Star will end up playing The Outdoor.

  17. #167
    Member CitizenJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    878

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    That would be nearly perfect for me Clumsy. I don't see any real issues with this lineup. I could see every single band I want to see, with only a little conflict with the end of Pulp and start of M83. Bravo.

    And I love Neon Indian -> Rapture on the Mojave post the headlining act (and madness). That would be awesome.

  18. #168
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,847

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    tons of conflicts for me. black angels vs the rapture vs tobin is balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  19. #169
    old school clumsy342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,490

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Overall, this doesn't look that great to me. I'll shape it up as per any suggestions, but I think it might be best to focus on Saturday and Sunday in case of any adds to Friday.


  20. #170
    Member elbrycen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga CA
    Posts
    476

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    madness will be on the main stage sunset like the specials were. it just makes sense. but i can't handle the rapture tobin conflict. or the black keys madness conflict. i don't want to have to miss the black keys a 3rd time due to conflicts.
    My girlfriend looks a little bit like Charlize Theron... and a lot like Dog the Bounty Hunter.

  21. #171
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,489

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Just because Madness pmay ska like The Specials, doesnt mean they will end up in that spot automatically. I don't understand why people think that. If anything, Jimmy Cliff is more likely for that spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  22. #172

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    tons of conflicts for me. black angels vs the rapture vs tobin is balls.
    Gotta stack the deck at that time to make up for the shit storm that will be happening on the main stage.

  23. #173
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,847

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by ADrunkPoet View Post
    Gotta stack the deck at that time to make up for the shit storm that will be happening on the main stage.
    doesn't make it any more fvcked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  24. #174

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    Ok - here is my attempt at updating Friday. This day has been such a pain in the ass for some reason. But I FINALLY worked out a good way to have more than 3 acts on the Outdoor after sunset.
    But now that I've done that, I'd have to say that it's still more likely that there will only be 3. But Hey! It's an Update!
    Sooo what's the issue with putting Refused on the Outdoor Theatre from 12:00-1:00? certainly they will be loud enough to drown out SHM... and the Outdoor Theatre typically will go until curfew if there is an electronic act closing the main stage. Actually most years/days it goes until curfew, only shutting down for particularly remarkable acts (such as Paul McCartney, Muse, Gorillaz, Radiohead... ) but certainly not for SHM or Black Keys. It would be the exact same timeslot as Flogging Molly had last year, against Chemical Brothers. I see no reason to suspect the Outdoor Theatre won't have music playing right until 1:00 AM on Friday. Sat is a different story however...
    Last edited by Edmontonian; 02-10-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by icedKeg View Post
    it's like, at coachella, we can be a whole group of friends. a whole group of frogs jumping into the streets, jumping into the planet, climbing up the buildings, swimming in the lakes and in the bathtubs. we would be hundreds, thousands, millions. the biggest group of friends the world has ever seen, jumping and laughing forever. it would be great, right?
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012x2

  25. #175
    old school clumsy342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,490

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    If today was STACKED. yeah, Refused could go against SHM on the Outdoor. but this day is light as hell compared to last year. So, there's no reason to have Refused play against a huge, loud, distracting, lazer-filled, techno bro-fest. I actually don't even think they're going to overlap. but, this is the only way I could get more acts on the outdoor at night.


  26. #176
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,489

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Refused are fucking LOUD and won't share much of the same fan base. The question is, why WOULDN'T Refused conflict with SHM?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  27. #177

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    I'm surprised everyone still has Refused closing the Outdoor. Has the possibility of Refused following Jimmy Cliff on the main (ala DFA1979 following Nas & Damian Marley last year) already been ruled out? Madness closing the Outdoor during SHM makes more sense to me for some reason

  28. #178
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,493

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Refused are fucking LOUD and won't share much of the same fan base. The question is, why WOULDN'T Refused conflict with SHM?
    I totally agree

  29. #179
    old school clumsy342's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,490

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    because there's not enough ACTS! lol .. come on now

    ok.. unless The Black Keys get a silent outdoor, and 2nd to last on the outdoor gets a mostly silent Main.
    also.. why didn't they have Dead Weather play their entire set during Tiesto? probably because no one WANTS to be playing up against that shit.
    furthermore.. that Saturday in 2010 had WAY more acts than this Friday in 2012. and the outdoor STILL ended at 12:00

    .. you know what I'm saying?
    Last edited by clumsy342; 02-10-2012 at 04:24 PM.


  30. #180
    old school concertgoer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    5,493

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Oh I agree about their not being enough acts Clumsy. I was just saying that it's not crazy for SHM to clash with Refused. Maybe one of the outdoor acts plays to a silent main like Vampire Weekend in 2010?

Similar Threads

  1. Set Time Predictions - coming soon
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 560
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 11:42 PM
  2. SET TIME PREDICTIONS 2011 - FRIDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 1305
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 11:53 AM
  3. SET TIME PREDICTIONS...coming
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 291
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 03:45 PM
  4. Set Time Predictions- FRIDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 1141
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 12:33 PM
  5. Official Set Time Predictions - Sun
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 02:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •