Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

Quote Originally Posted by Phunkevil View Post
    Ting Tings make dance music. Madonna's music is also dancey. So are other "offbeat Sahara acts" like Late of the Pier.

There's no logical reason to believe Amon Tobin will be in the Sahara.
    Except there are very logical reasons supporting Amon Tobin's placement in the Sahara. You might just be too oblivious to rightfully acknowledge them.

This argument is almost as bad as the Bjork speculation
    Follow me on Twitter at Klein25
    The Eeries The Troubadour
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern
    The Horrors Oct 14 Santa Ana

so how accurate do you think this is?

Quote Originally Posted by the walrus View Post
    so how accurate do you think this is?
    That is something you never want to think about during this
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

oh! oh! i was unaware. pardon me. carry on gents.

Pulp just confirmed on facebook they are playing the main stage, if anyone was still doubting that.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Pulp just confirmed on facebook they are playing the main stage, if anyone was still doubting that.
    good stuff
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Ting Tings make dance music. Madonna's music is also dancey. So are other "offbeat Sahara acts" like Late of the Pier.

There's no logical reason to believe Amon Tobin will be in the Sahara.
    You have no idea how much I fucking hate you. We give you a well thought-out logical explanation of why Amon Tobin makes the most sense against SHM, and all you have to say is "Amon Tobin isn't a DJ?" Eat shit and die.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Do these ever get official updates anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    You have no idea how much I fucking hate you. We give you a well thought-out logical explanation of why Amon Tobin makes the most sense against SHM, and all you have to say is "Amon Tobin isn't a DJ?" Eat shit and die.
    Hey retard, you know there are other stages besides the Sahara and the main stage, right? Since it's apparently SCIENTIFIC FACT that SHM are closing the main stage, it's only logical that Amon Tobin is in the Sahara (even though there's a stage of equal size immediately next to it, and it also houses electronic acts.)

Sahara is the only way to go (even though it makes no sense).

Does Pulp have a light show? If so, I still think they'll be in the Sahara. There are no other options.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasma Del Mar View Post
    Odd Future's not dancey.
    Everyone knows Odd Future got moved from the dome to accommodate the crowd size. Nice try though.
    Last edited by Phunkevil; 02-27-2012 at 08:43 AM.

Hopefully their set won't be full of people who are just camping out for TBK.

Hey retard, you know there are other stages besides the Sahara and the main stage, right? Since it's apparently SCIENTIFIC FACT that SHM are closing the main stage, it's only logical that Amon Tobin is in the Sahara (even though there's a stage of equal size immediately next to it, and it also houses electronic acts.)

Sahara is the only way to go (even though it makes no sense).
    So far, you have suggested Afrojack close the Sahara against SHM, which is fucking retarded since no one would be watching Afrojack, or The Rapture, which makes way more sense (this year, not 2007) in the Mojave than Amon Tobin. Everyone here is arguing that Amon Tobin makes the MOST SENSE to close the Sahara against SHM and you haven't provided anyone that makes MORE SENSE. Do I think Amon Tobin is 100% going to close it? No, more like 60%. There are always late adds and shit doesn't go the way we expect it. But there were definitely moments in Plastikman's set that were not dance-y at ALL and were "mesmerizing," if you will, just like Amon Tobin's big setup. So don't just keep repeating how it's not logical at all for him to close when it is absolutely the MOST logical solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    You all make me violently ill.
    This is the correct answer
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    Yeah those Black Keys fans are notorious for ruining other band's sets.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Everyone knows Odd Future got moved from the dome to accommodate the crowd size. Nice try though.
    but there's a tent right next door of equal size. that doesn't exclusively house electronic acts.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Of course it will. I mean, probably every non-closing set has people waiting for the next act, including a bunch that are not a fan of both acts in question, especially for headliners. That's what getting up front for an act at Coachella entails, unless it's someone very few people want to see (Throbbing Gristle, for example). If you want the experience of being surrounded by fans going bonkers, then you'll have to go to one of the few solo shows or fly overseas to a festival they are headlining.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Beat me to it. I see no reason why people who like the Black Keys won't like Pulp.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Allow me to summarize this conversation, if you will
    "I think Amon Tobin will close the Sahara because a lot of people would want another EDM show to watch besides SHM and every other act on friday has the same fans as SHM."
    "OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO STUPID AMON TOBIN ISN'T RAVE MUSIC"
    "...no, that's not what i mean, I just meant they might use the sahara stage for amon tobin since all the ravers will be at the main"
    "LOL THIS RETARD THINKS AMON TOBIN IS RAVE MUSIC"
    I don't think your argument is as well thought-out as you think.

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    exactly - if anything, people camping out for SHM might be a bigger problem, but do people camp out for DJs?

also, are that many people really going to camp out for Black Keys, especially seeing as they play so often? I expect a lot of the people camping out at the main will be there for Pulp, and there will be a mass exodus as soon as they finish

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    but there's a tent right next door of equal size. that doesn't exclusively house electronic acts.
    That would have been harder to arrange. Pains of Being Pure at Heart has a full band. Much easier to switch around Sahara acts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    I don't think your argument is as well thought-out as you think.
    Exactly. The Mojave can fit Amon Tobin's set-up and will. This really isn't that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    Beat me to it. I see no reason why people who like the Black Keys won't like Pulp.
    I can because they're not similar at all....
    Kasabian Oct 8 Wiltern

Does anyone have a problem with the Sahara being an Electronic tent?
    COACHELLA VETERAN

2001 ~ 2007 ~ 2010 ~ 2011 ~ 2012

Quote Originally Posted by strangelove13 View Post
    exactly - if anything, people camping out for SHM might be a bigger problem, but do people camp out for DJs?
    Camping out is not an option when Afrojack is obliterating the Sahara with that song that has Pitbull in it!!!

old school

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    1. the mojave isnt the same size as the sahara. its smaller. 2. how about people who havent been to coachella before dont have opinions that matter when it comes to trying to accurately predict coachella set times.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    1. the mojave isnt the same size as the sahara. its smaller. 2. how about people who havent been to coachella before dont have opinions that matter when it comes to trying to accurately predict coachella set times.
    Coachella said THEMSELVES that the Mojave is now the same size as the Sahara. The new Gobi is the size of the old mojave.

Coachella said THEMSELVES that the Mojave is now the same size as the Sahara. The new Gobi is the size of the old mojave.
    interesting, where was this said?

Since the Black Keys play coachella every year I doubt there will be many people camping out compared to headliners of past years.

It was the same size, you could tell just from the ferris wheel, or at least so similar in size you couldn't tell the difference. If the Sahara has another crazy lighting rig in it then I can see Amon in the Mojave, it would just be a waste of whatever they paid for in the Sahara. I wouldn't be surprised if PT does put Afrojack against SHM, he's made worse conflicts I'm sure, Boys Noize vs Chemical Brothers was just as bad wasn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    1. burn
    2. the people who go to coachella every year don'[t do a very good job of ACCURATELY (not that the arrempt isn't appreciated) predicting set times, so what's the difference?
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    It was the same size, you could tell just from the ferris wheel, or at least so similar in size you couldn't tell the difference. If the Sahara has another crazy lighting rig in it then I can see Amon in the Mojave, it would just be a waste of whatever they paid for in the Sahara. I wouldn't be surprised if PT does put Afrojack against SHM, he's made worse conflicts I'm sure, Boys Noize vs Chemical Brothers was just as bad wasn't it?
    was it a waste to put shpongle in the sahara last year with the shpongletron and the light fixture both going?