Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 708

Thread: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

  1. #241

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    M83 in the Sahara? *facepalm*

  2. #242

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    M83 on the outdoor is what i would like to see happen (Not closing it out)

    Amon on the Sahara

    SHM on the Main (Drawing away all of the bros and e-heads)
    COACHELLA VETERAN

    2001 ~ 2007 ~ 2010 ~ 2011 ~ 2012

  3. #243

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    For those of you who think Amon won't close the Sahara who will? And no to m83 in the Sahara. They are looking like an outdorr night slot

  4. #244
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,743

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by Thisismyname View Post
    Because everyone was cutting a rug at Plastikman, right?
    ISAM makes Plastikman's minimal tech sound pretty accessible by comparison. I hesitate to even call ISAM music, in the traditional sense. It's basically an hour of experimental soundscapes and bares no resemblance to dance music in any way. Part of me hopes it is in the Sahara, just so any of the slack-jawed ravers that were too high to realize Swedish House Mafia was on the mainstage have to stand there and contemplate their existence for a moment.

    Also, my boy Jason Statham disputes your belief that people were not dancing at Plastikman. @3:46


  5. #245
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,885

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    ^ Too logical.

    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

  6. #246

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Allow me to summarize this conversation, if you will
    "I think Amon Tobin will close the Sahara because a lot of people would want another EDM show to watch besides SHM and every other act on friday has the same fans as SHM."
    "OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO STUPID AMON TOBIN ISN'T RAVE MUSIC"
    "...no, that's not what i mean, I just meant they might use the sahara stage for amon tobin since all the ravers will be at the main"
    "LOL THIS RETARD THINKS AMON TOBIN IS RAVE MUSIC"
    Quote Originally Posted by bdb23 View Post
    but dude, these guys are talking about wizards piss, they're already in danger mode.

  7. #247
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,743

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    It's a lonely world for a reasonable man these days. Curse me and my isolated tower of indecipherable logic!

  8. #248
    Member Fig Neutron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    512

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Maybe work on something else besides Amon Tobin

  9. #249
    Member latexsolarbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm of the Mitten
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    Also, my boy Jason Statham disputes your belief that people were not dancing at Plastikman. @3:46
    Pretty cool. I never pegged Statham for a raver.

  10. #250

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    I don't think anybody is arguing Amon Tobin is an obvious Sahara choice, but if we think SHM is on the main (which with the billing, production, egos, and Friday headliner involved, this seems like a no brainer) then there are only nine Sahara acts on Friday. Unless there are some seriously extended sets (lulz, for who, Afrojack?), adds (not likely), or the Sahara is closing early, there are going to be some left of center Sahara choices.

    The unconventional acts that have been suggested in this thread are M83, The Rapture, Amon Tobin, Midnight Beast, Neon Indian. I think M83 and Neon Indian are absolutely Outdoor and/or Mojave acts. The Rapture has done it before, and could theoretically do it again. If the Midnight Beast does it, no way they get more than thirty minutes (ala Die Antwoord or Rye Rye). Amon Tobin, in my opinion, would only be in the Sahara if he conflicts with SHM. I'm not arguing it's a logical choice, but somebody weird is going to be in there, and I think it'll be Amon Tobin or The Rapture. Neither is perfect, but seriously, who else?

  11. #251

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    You think Amon Tobin is going to close the SAHARA over Afrojack? Haaaa.

    His set up can fit on almost any stage. He'll be in the Mojave.

    "Swedish House Mafia is for sure closing the main stage, therefor, Amon Tobin will be in the Sahara."

  12. #252

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Or, on the other hand, you take Saturday 2010's Sahara times and assume Midnight Beast is the Die Antwoord. There are only nine acts (outside of DA) there too. Then the question is, who is the 2ManyDJs to Tiesto/SHM? The Sahara is so homogeneous this year, who would they put against SHM?

  13. #253

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by Phunkevil View Post
    You think Amon Tobin is going to close the SAHARA over Afrojack? Haaaa.

    His set up can fit on almost any stage. He'll be in the Mojave.

    "Swedish House Mafia is for sure closing the main stage, therefor, Amon Tobin will be in the Sahara."
    Swedish House Mafia vs. Afrojack? That makes no sense. The fanbase is identical, and nobody would stay to watch Afrojack.

  14. #254

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    So I guess Amon Tobin is the only other option (even though it makes absolutely no sense).

    The Rapture (who closed the dance tent in 2007) would close the Sahara over Amon Tobin.

  15. #255

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by Phunkevil View Post
    So I guess Amon Tobin is the only other option (even though it makes absolutely no sense).

    The Rapture (who closed the dance tent in 2007) would close the Sahara over Amon Tobin.
    Just a couple posts above you, you can clearly see where I say Amon Tobin doesn't make sense, but neither does anybody else. In that same post I suggest The Rapture is just as likely. So...

  16. #256
    Member sacleonard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Elk Grove, CA
    Posts
    2,247

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by seitron View Post
    Allow me to summarize this conversation, if you will
    "I think Amon Tobin will close the Sahara because a lot of people would want another EDM show to watch besides SHM and every other act on friday has the same fans as SHM."
    "OH MY GOD YOU'RE SO STUPID AMON TOBIN ISN'T RAVE MUSIC"
    "...no, that's not what i mean, I just meant they might use the sahara stage for amon tobin since all the ravers will be at the main"
    "LOL THIS RETARD THINKS AMON TOBIN IS RAVE MUSIC"
    I think you just summed up 98% of this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

  17. #257

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    The fact that The Rapture closed the Sahara 5 years ago holds no relevance with a lineup like this year's. The Sahara has shifted so greatly that having a live "electronic" rock band close the Sahara is really far-fetched. Although Amon's music is clearly not "rave music," his position and status as a DJ makes sense as a Sahara act barring that SHM is closing the main. I'd agree that if SHM was not on the main, Amon would not come near the Sahara, but that isn't the case. SHM is the biggest electronic act of Friday and if any other cheese-house DJs (AKA all other Sahara choices) were to close against SHM, they'd have an absolutely empty tent. So, by process of elimination, we are left with the left-field choice for a Sahara DJ: Amon Tobin.

  18. #258
    Coachella Junkie weeklymix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    7,332

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Mazzy Star is billed as and arguably a bigger "get" than Elbow. I don't see them playing sunset-ish in the Mojave. I'm also a biased slut that doesn't want them to conflict with Pulp or Refused.

  19. #259
    Member latexsolarbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm of the Mitten
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Don't EDM acts usually close the main on Saturdays (ala Tiesto in 2010 & Chemical Bros in 2011) and NOT on Fridays? And since Friday is so light with true EDM acts I find it hard to believe that SHM will close the main on a night when they are the only true EDM act playing after 10pm. The Sahara is a huge tent and well large enough to hold all 20,000 of the rave junkies that chose them over the 4 other acts playing at the same time.

  20. #260
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,489

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    Mazzy Star is billed as and arguably a bigger "get" than Elbow. I don't see them playing sunset-ish in the Mojave. I'm also a biased slut that doesn't want them to conflict with Pulp or Refused.
    Every year, a couple high billed acts play the Mojave. Robyn, who everyone assume would be outdoor, played the mojave last year, for example. Based on the other high billed acts this year, Mazzy Star makes the most sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  21. #261

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by latexsolarbeef View Post
    Don't EDM acts usually close the main on Saturdays (ala Tiesto in 2010 & Chemical Bros in 2011) and NOT on Fridays? And since Friday is so light with true EDM acts I find it hard to believe that SHM will close the main on a night when they are the only true EDM act playing after 10pm. The Sahara is a huge tent and well large enough to hold all 20,000 of the rave junkies that chose them over the 4 other acts playing at the same time.
    Chemical Brothers were Friday last year. I think the prediction is based on the combination of the high billing (the last time an artist billed second played anything other than the main was Daft Punk in 2006), the huge production, and the fact that of the three headliners, The Black Keys are the only one that would make sense not closing. Radiohead and Dre/Snoop will clearly close. If they were billed where Guetta and Justice are, then I'd say Sahara makes sense, but they are second on their day. That says main to me.

  22. #262
    Member latexsolarbeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Palm of the Mitten
    Posts
    73

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by travelfan View Post
    Chemical Brothers were Friday last year.
    You are correct sir or madam... I should have done more research, sorry. Main stage for SHM it is...

  23. #263

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by KidRobot View Post
    The fact that The Rapture closed the Sahara 5 years ago holds no relevance with a lineup like this year's. The Sahara has shifted so greatly that having a live "electronic" rock band close the Sahara is really far-fetched. Although Amon's music is clearly not "rave music," his position and status as a DJ makes sense as a Sahara act barring that SHM is closing the main. I'd agree that if SHM was not on the main, Amon would not come near the Sahara, but that isn't the case. SHM is the biggest electronic act of Friday and if any other cheese-house DJs (AKA all other Sahara choices) were to close against SHM, they'd have an absolutely empty tent. So, by process of elimination, we are left with the left-field choice for a Sahara DJ: Amon Tobin.
    Amon Tobin isn't a DJ. He'll be in the Mojave.

  24. #264
    Member Genowarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by Phunkevil View Post
    Amon Tobin isn't a DJ. He'll be in the Mojave.
    The Ting Tings are a band, but they were in the sahara?!

    my-hair-is-a-bird-your-argument-is-invalid-nicolas-cage.jpg

  25. #265

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Ting Tings make dance music. Madonna's music is also dancey. So are other "offbeat Sahara acts" like Late of the Pier.

    There's no logical reason to believe Amon Tobin will be in the Sahara.

  26. #266
    Member Phantasma Del Mar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Park
    Posts
    1,810

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Odd Future's not dancey.

  27. #267
    Member Genowarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Amon Tobin on acid would be fun. He should be in the sahara. That's logical, or am i on acid? fuck.

  28. #268
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,020

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    You all make me violently ill.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  29. #269
    Member Genowarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    142

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    You all make me violently ill.
    nah, that's just your pms

  30. #270

    Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

    think wallpaper will open the gobi now?

    thoughts on ximena sarinana opening the main stage?

Similar Threads

  1. Set Time Predictions - coming soon
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 560
    Last Post: 01-31-2012, 11:42 PM
  2. SET TIME PREDICTIONS 2011 - FRIDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 1305
    Last Post: 04-13-2011, 11:53 AM
  3. SET TIME PREDICTIONS...coming
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 291
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 03:45 PM
  4. Set Time Predictions- FRIDAY
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 1141
    Last Post: 04-13-2010, 12:33 PM
  5. Official Set Time Predictions - Sun
    By clumsy342 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 04-11-2009, 02:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •