In order to get M83 on the outdoor theatre conflict free:

Outdoor
    Refused 11:20-12:20
    The Rapture 10:05-10:55
    M83 8:50-9:40

Mojave Mazzy Star 12:00-1
    The White Stripes 9/18

Default Re: Set Time Predictions - FRIDAY

Wait... why does M83 have to conflict free? and what do you mean by conflict free? Summerkid, I think you are just saying this because you really don't want Pulp and M83 to conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

thestripe

Air played the Main in 2004 and the Outdoor in 2007

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Wait... why does M83 have to conflict free? and what do you mean by conflict free? Summerkid, I think you are just saying this because you really don't want Pulp and M83 to conflict.
    Nah, M83 is something I can miss since I've seen M83 before, I'm more talking about Mazzy Star. I don't think they should conflict with Pulp or The Black Keys (having to compete with a headlining crowd would be lame). It also has to do with just the fact that M83 is getting huge and Pulp is the big reunion that day so if you can avoid them conflicting why wouldn't you? You risk M83 outdrawing Pulp.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Quote Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
    Nah, M83 is something I can miss since I've seen M83 before, I'm more talking about Mazzy Star. I don't think they should conflict with Pulp or The Black Keys (having to compete with a headlining crowd would be lame). It also has to do with just the fact that M83 is getting huge and Pulp is the big reunion that day so if you can avoid them conflicting why wouldn't you? You risk M83 outdrawing Pulp.
    I honestly don't think Coachella cares about avoiding a conflict of a band that is getting huge and a big reunion band. Look at Pavement vs. Phoenix or MGMT (can't remember which) two years ago. The Pavement crowd was much smaller than it should have been because people were at the up and coming band. I can see the exact same thing happening with Pulp this year.

Well, at least we both agree about Mazzy closing the Mojave.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by garynvegas View Post
    I honestly don't think Coachella cares about avoiding a conflict of a band that is getting huge and a big reunion band. Look at Pavement vs. Phoenix or MGMT (can't remember which) two years ago. The Pavement crowd was much smaller than it should have been because people were at the up and coming band. I can see the exact same thing happening with Pulp this year.
    there was only a slight conflict, a 15 minute overlap, it had more to do with Thom Yorke being on the outdoor and people camping out for him instead of watching Pavement.
    The White Stripes 9/18

there was only a slight conflict, a 15 minute overlap, it had more to do with Thom Yorke being on the outdoor and people camping out for him instead of watching Pavement.
    Exactly, thank you.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    agreed, Friday is really out of sorts. The Gobi, for the most part, is just thrown together at this point.
    I see what you mean about EITS. I'll just say that if Arctic Monkeys, Pulp, Black Keys and SHM play the main, that leaves EITS with a pre-sunset slot. thoughts?
    I mean, with different scheduling, they could play the Main around 6, which is still fine. Everyone was just wanting to give them the sunset outdoor slot.
    Arctic Monkeys played the main stage before the sundown at Outside Lands, so I can see Arctic Monkeys > EITS > Pulp > The Black Keys > SHM

Well, if they shutdown the mian for Pulp then... isn't the same situation going to happen? People camping out for M83 and not watching Pulp anyways? Whether M83 conflict with Pulp, or they shutdown the mainstage for Pulp and have M83 play after, people will be drawn away from Pulp to watch M83. The difference there were probably a lot of people who camped out for Thom Yorke who REALLY wanted to see Pavement, where as people camping out for M83, or just those who are SUPER excited for M83 in general, probably wont give 2 shits about Pulp.

Would that many people really camp out for M83? I doubt it.
    The White Stripes 9/18

No one thought people camping out for Thom Yorke would draw that many people away Pavement. M83 are THE hype band right now. "Midnight City" is everyones favorite song and their new album has blown up. They are selling out venues 4x the size of ones they were playing even a year ago. I don't doubt a huge crowd would camp out for them, even if Pulp was playing at the same time.

Agreed here: M83 will be on the Outdoor, at sunset or shortly thereafter...

Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Girls and M. Ward should swap.

M83 and Mazzy Star should swap. Yeah yeah, I see the billing but M83 is going to be huge. I'm thinking kind of setup Empire of the Sun was in last year.

Refused might as well go on a bit later, say when Black Keys finish. I think the bands closing the stages works well overall.

Would that many people really camp out for M83? I doubt it.
    No way. Thom is way bigger than M83.

M83 are THE hype band right now. "Midnight City" is everyones favorite song and their new album has blown up.
    Hype bands don't generally have the devoted fan base that would camp out when there is music on other stages. Yorke has a devoted fan base that caused that situation to happen, M83 while popular does not.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    agreed, Friday is really out of sorts. The Gobi, for the most part, is just thrown together at this point.
    I see what you mean about EITS. I'll just say that if Arctic Monkeys, Pulp, Black Keys and SHM play the main, that leaves EITS with a pre-sunset slot. thoughts?
    I mean, with different scheduling, they could play the Main around 6, which is still fine. Everyone was just wanting to give them the sunset outdoor slot.
    Silversun Pickups were pre-sunset slot in 07, is EITS comparable? It was pretty hot still and I don't remember it being sunset when Arctic Monkeys (right after Silversun) got off the stage in 07 but it could've been borderline.

I hate these times, no offense, so many conflicts for me, Neon Indian Vs Black Keys, Breakbot vs Jimmy Cliff vs Wu Lyf, Pulp vs The Black Angels. I'll ask again, would Neon Indian really be that late in the Mojave? His new album is actually pretty fun and danceable I think their is a slight chance for a somewhat early Sahara spot for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    I hate these times, no offense, so many conflicts for me, Neon Indian Vs Black Keys, Breakbot vs Jimmy Cliff vs Wu Lyf, Pulp vs The Black Angels. I'll ask again, would Neon Indian really be that late in the Mojave? His new album is actually pretty fun and danceable I think their is a slight chance for a somewhat early Sahara spot for him.
    I definitely do not see Neon Indian in the Sahara
    The Replacements --> The Knife --> Outkast

Yeah, Neon Indian is chillwave, not fistpumpwave.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Okay, but that late in the Mojave and conflicting with Black Keys and Afrojack makes me think of Daedalus and his crowd of twenty during Arcade Fire which I consider bad scheduling. I imagine Neon Indian has a better following than Daedalus but not by that much
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

su3

Pulp gets 90 min set time

I like these, but Frank Ocean vs Madness is a bitch for me personally
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

this is perfect

Looks p good, all I'd do is swap Yuck and ATR.

Neon Indian and Yuck will probably be earlier in the day. Especially Yuck. Other than that it looks pretty good.

Amon Tobin closing the Sahara with SHM on the main is just pure genius. Everyone will be happy.

This day needed adds even before Cat Power dropped.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

yuck closing the gobi sounds great.

edit - and splitting tobin/rapture? mbsup
    Last edited by heart cooks brain; 02-01-2012 at 11:46 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Lurker

VERY well done indeed sir. Lots of thought and effort on all the days.
    My handle was Mojavemolester (forgot my password). But that's who I still am at heart and on the polo fields.

I just think Explosions have a good chance of playing the mainstage.
    I thought Explosions were a lock for sunset outdoor before their name even appeared on the poster. It just makes too much sense. Right billing, right atmosphere, and totally plausible in terms of the number of acts we think for outdoor.