Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: &*^^^^* SAHARA TENT*^^^^^*&

Default Re: &*^^^^* SAHARA TENT*^^^^^*&

I think they would be a night time set in the Mojave, personally.
    2013 = Coverchella

2011 = Perfectchella

In this hypothetical situation, that sucks for me, because they're a little bit too mellow for evening viewing.
    '10, '11, '12.1, '13.1, '14.1

Quote Originally Posted by brycerosen View Post
    for one there fan bases overlap pretty heavily, i think its pretty safe to say the vast majority of flylo fans are radiohead fans, hes def got too big for the gobi, it was crowded as fuck back in 10 and hes much bigger now, and getting bigger does not equal closing, ex: In 08 aphex twin was the highest billed sahara artist that day and he played at like 8pm

Hate to break the news but this is completely false. I know that they are friends, and radiohead once again showed their conection to edm through the release of official badass kol remixes. However, the typical radiohead fan does not like electronic music. Case in point, radiohead at roseland with four tet and person soud opening. I was sooooooooooooo stoked, two of the best djs in the world opening for the best band in the world. Too bad that the crowd didnt appreciate electronic music in the slightest and had no idea how to get down. Ive also been told that this was the reception for flylo when he opened for thom back in '10.

Just because you understand and appreciate how the two acts compliment each other, the radiohead fanbase suffers from the universal principle of more people = more idiots.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Maybe it would be safe to say that the vast majority of FlyLo fans like Radiohead, but the vast majority of Radiohead fans don't know who FlyLo is.

Quote Originally Posted by witham View Post
    Maybe it would be safe to say that the vast majority of FlyLo fans like Radiohead, but the vast majority of Radiohead fans don't know who FlyLo is.
    I would have to agree with witham here

Quote Originally Posted by witham View Post
    In this hypothetical situation, that sucks for me, because they're a little bit too mellow for evening viewing.
    In this hypothetical situation, it'd definitely be a nighttime set in Mojave considering that their following is at least as big as most of the closing acts' of the Mojave in the last few years.

And I don't know if these are too mellow for you but they're definitely not for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm4b6gNp5wM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q_RZzXcRlU
    Last edited by bcebce; 03-14-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bcebce View Post
    In this hypothetical situation, it'd definitely be a nighttime set in Mojave considering that their following is at least as big as most of the closing acts' of the Mojave in the last few years.

And I don't know if these are too mellow for you but they're definitely not for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm4b6gNp5wM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q_RZzXcRlU

witham is right. they are too mellow for a night set. i need freakin lazer beams on shark heads at night. and bass drops. and wobbles. thunderous wobbles. of death. and skrillex.

^lol. Yeah that's a lot more upbeat than I figured their shows would be. Probably because I only to listen to melody am. And yeah thunderous wobbles of death ftw. After seeing that, I think they could play the sahara, but they'd probably be in the mojave.

edit: second vid was tight btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson Blowdy View Post
    Man no faith??? I think you are gonna be pleasantly surprised this year. For those that recall Modeselektor's set about 3 years ago it was fuckin unreal. One of the top 5 fav Sahara tent sets in the past 5 years. Sunday's lineup of Zedd, Porter Robinson, Dada Life, Modeselektor, Nero, Justice...it's gonna be a fuckin melt fest
    The fact that you said "melt fest" (and mentioned more than one person associated with Skrillex) demonstrates your lack of understanding of this forum's take on things.
    That being said, i suppose it's inevitable that geezers like me who like Night Slugs, Tri Angle records, Warp, Planet Mu, and every other recent good thing that's gone down in electronic-music-for-smart-people-land will eventually have to give way to kids who want to get their faces all melted.
    I suppose that when I was 18 I would have wanted my face all melty, too.
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

Also, the Radiohead fans are/are not FlyLo fans debate is retarded.
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:

Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    The fact that you said "melt fest" (and mentioned more than one person associated with Skrillex) demonstrates your lack of understanding of this forum's take on things.
    That being said, i suppose it's inevitable that geezers like me who like Night Slugs, Tri Angle records, Warp, Planet Mu, and every other recent good thing that's gone down in electronic-music-for-smart-people-land will eventually have to give way to kids who want to get their faces all melted.
    Haha not all of us are like that. I'm 21 and I fuckin' love Night Slugs, Scuba, Boddika, UK bass like Roska and Redlight...I'm just as disappointed with this so-called "melt fest" as you are. Not to mention the fact that I go to Coachella to see the more underground acts that aren't usually at massives. The Sahara this year is essentially a copy/paste of the typical Insomniac lineup.

I'm 24 and I love underground EDM as well as a lot of the music that is being represented at Coachella this year.

Look guys, we all agree that we have seen some amazing music in our lives that puts this EDM lineup to shame...

Now, can we all just take drugs and dance?

I can get down with that Mugwog

i just wonder what world most of you think you are living in that in the year of edms breakthrough into america goldenvoice would book off of resident advisor instead of dj mag, or similar to clubs in europe instead of clubs in vegas. i agree i could give a fuck about seeing avicii, but the expectations of the sahara tent are ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post
    Haha not all of us are like that. I'm 21 and I fuckin' love Night Slugs, Scuba, Boddika, UK bass like Roska and Redlight...I'm just as disappointed with this so-called "melt fest" as you are. Not to mention the fact that I go to Coachella to see the more underground acts that aren't usually at massives. The Sahara this year is essentially a copy/paste of the typical Insomniac lineup.
    Ok, ok. I'll stop sterotyping 18 year olds. Sowwy. I'm just butthurt cuz i turn 30 this year
    haha

Quote Originally Posted by russmh22 View Post
    i just wonder what world most of you think you are living in that in the year of edms breakthrough into america goldenvoice would book off of resident advisor instead of dj mag, or similar to clubs in europe instead of clubs in vegas. i agree i could give a fuck about seeing avicii, but the expectations of the sahara tent are ridiculous.
    I think everyone is sad to see that this is the way the Sahara is going. It used to be filled with the former, not the later.
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Did you see the first page of this thread? As recently as last year (and since literally the first Coachella ever) GV has booked legit DJs and dance music acts in addition to the cornball David Guetta And Friends Anthem Extravaganza Hour nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by involvelemons View Post
    I'm really sorry involvelemons, is melt fest too much of a hipster statement? My bad, I will make sure to coordinate with the rest of the trolls on this board before I write an opinionated post. Truth is, I don't give a flying fuck about the forums "take on things". But I do think your correlation between the music one likes and his/her intelligence is absolute comedy. I truly hope I get another brilliant response from you, you old savage beast of a troll you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Look guys, if you don't like the EDM lineup this year you could always watch Raven Symone suck eggs for Virginia Slims.

In the Sahara we trust.

I'm sorry, THIS is the year that EDM breaks through into America? Where the fuck have you been for the past 2 years? Unless your definition of "break through" is Skrillex winning a few Grammy's, EDM has been blowing up in the US for awhile.

lowfront

Now this is the year dude

Maybe u west coast peeps have had it for years but the rest of us is going down now.

shit is.blowing up east coast for first time ever

Fuck u gv!!

Oh hi. You must be new here. See, last year, Coachella booked Zed Bias, Goth Trad, High Contrast, Joy Orbison, Ramadanman, SBTRKT, Jakes, Mount Kimbie, Nosaj Thing, Daedelus, DJ Hype, DJ Marky, Andy C, The Twelves, Sven Vath, Leftfield, The Presets, Green Velvet, Zinc, Tokimonsta...

So yeah.

Forgive me if I was expecting something more than Vegas cheesedick America Fuck Ya Paris Hilton DJ shitshow.

When you compare last year to this year, it's really really really pathetic.

Real talk.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfront View Post
    Now this is the year dude

Maybe u west coast peeps have had it for years but the rest of us is going down now.

shit is.blowing up east coast for first time ever
    There are places called Detroit, New York, Chicago, and Minneapolis where electronic music has been going strong for years. Just FYI. Oh yeah and in Miami they have this thing called WMC. So I'm pretty sure for them this isn't the "year."

Look guys, if you don't like the EDM lineup this year you could always watch Raven Symone suck eggs for Virginia Slims.

I need to find a huge raven symone t shirt that I can wear to raves

Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    There are places called Detroit, New York, Chicago, and Minneapolis where electronic music has been going strong for years. Just FYI. Oh yeah and in Miami they have this thing called WMC. So I'm pretty sure for them this isn't the "year."
    Maybe the poster was referring to places like Indianapolis.

Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    Oh hi. You must be new here. See, last year, Coachella booked Zed Bias, Goth Trad, High Contrast, Joy Orbison, Ramadanman, SBTRKT, Jakes, Mount Kimbie, Nosaj Thing, Daedelus, DJ Hype, DJ Marky, Andy C, The Twelves, Sven Vath, Leftfield, The Presets, Green Velvet, Zinc, Tokimonsta...
    Not that I disagree with the fact that the Sahara used to be more diverse, but half of that shit was booked for the Oasis Dome. None of those artists would have been booked for prior Sahara sets, and obviously with the dome gone they wouldn't have been booked again.

But I think the point still stands, Guetta/SHM/Avicii are "duh" bookings that would have happened regardless due to popularity, and the big name cheese of this year is comparable to 2010 (Benassi/Guetta/Kaskade/Bassnectar/Deadmau5, even though I think he's a cut above). It's just that you don't have Orbital/Plastikman/2ManyDJs to balance everything out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    I need to find a huge raven symone t shirt that I can wear to raves
    If you find one, I WANT ONE TOO

What stage is that on?

In the Sahara we trust.

Listen guys, if you want to see some "real" EDM acts, come to Miami this week. I'm personally not worried about the Sahara this year, as I will be seeing just about every EDM act I want to this weekend (Crosstown Rebels, Hot Creations, Planet E, etc are all doing label showcases). Having said that, I'm really looking forward to my Cheese House guilty pleasure at Coachella