Page 1 of 46 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Boring Shit About Your Life

Coachella Junkie

Default Boring Shit About Your Life

Stupid fuckfaces post here and stink. Their faces smell.
    Last edited by PotVsKtl; 02-28-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Default Re: Boring Shit About Your Life

I clipped my cuticles last night and my slippers are dust free.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I'm soaking my grates on my smoker to remove the baked on reminants of the pork shoulder I cooked over the weekend. I used green Dawn to create the suds. I have a lot of laundry to do. I probably should check in with my home insurance agent to get a new quote based on the declining value of my house.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Penguin shoes. Drinking tea now (Tension Tamer by Celestial Seasonings). And about to launch into these stretching excersizes before doing situps and pushup: http://smokh.org/Abdomen2.php . Most likely will have guacamole later.
    100% Caffeinated

i ran 5 miles today at the gym. sitting at a starbucks right now. wearing doc martins
    mja: "i would make a great effeminate hick-accented puppet"

Good thread topic is good read.

My laptop is heavy and my legs are getting numb. I had a Starbucks mocha and eggs for breakfast and now I'm staring at a calculator.

This thread reminds me of a certain social media site...

Xanga?

I should be studying but I'm obsessively refreshing the forum instead.

I have very wide feet. EE. sometimes I have to buy EEE.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

Coachella Junkie

I move to consolidate all "_______ Only" threads to this location.

I'm taking tomorrow off in the afternoon to get my driver's licensed reissued to me again cause I lost it this weekend...
    oh, and uh...ruptured vulva.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    I move to consolidate all "_______ Only" threads to this location.
    Fisting and tampons do belong in one place, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I have a beautifully monogrammed sterling Fisting & Tampons cigarette case from the Victorian era. It's been passed down in my family for generations.

Coachella Junkie

That sounds like a story for the Interesting But Ultimately Useless Ancient Artifacts sub-sub-forum.

Watched the Laker game last night at a gathering at my moms. Stayed a lil later to catch the Clippers game as well. There was good salsa for my chips.
    You know, but that's valid because if we are all gonna die anyway shouldn't we be enjoying ourselves now? You know, I'd like to quit thinking of the present, like right now, as some minor insignificant preamble to something else.

---------------------------------------------------
    It's that tad bit of Crazy that keeps me Sane...

I put it in the Things You Thought About Taking To Antiques Roadshow But Then You Missed The Bus And Storage Wars Was On So You Were Like Fuck It Social Group. You think I should move it?

Coachella Junkie

The Internet: Coalescing toward a virtual tacklebox of increasingly irrelevant personal minutiae since 1994.

I am going to get a new social security card tomorrow because I lost my old one who knows how long ago. I mean, my mother gave it to me when I went away to college. And I know I had it when I applied for my first college job at a coffee shop because I remember showing it to them as a form of ID to demonstrate citizenship or whatever you have to do to be legally hired for a job in this country. Although actually, now that I think about it, that was the first and last time I have ever been asked to demonstrate citizenship. So maybe all my other jobs are sketchy and down with hiring non-citizens. Or maybe they just have their shit together and don't really care. I think it's more likely that they just don't have their shit together. I mean, paperwork is a pain in the butt, especially all the loops that the government makes us jump through. Like the fact that I have to now file three different sets of taxes because of various work and having my own company technically and stuff like that. Which is total bullshit because I really only did it because I wanted to go to good concerts. And I really only wanted to take photos so that I could be up front and actually see something instead of being in the back and having to see the backs of all these tall peoples heads in front of me. Because I am sort of short although not really short. I think I am about average for an American woman or maybe one inch taller than average. I am definitely taller than many people when I travel to asia. Although I tend to be shorter than many people when I travel to Scandanavia. This means that it's a whole lot easier to go shopping for clothes in Sweden than it is in Vietnam. Which is a pity because Vietnam has awesome clothes and they are way cheap. Whereas Sweden is fucking expensive. I stayed at a hotel once in Stockholm where the rack rate for a standard room was more than my monthly apartment rent. Which seemed totally ridiculous. I mean the room was nice and everything, but it was only one night and I get my apartment for an entire month. And the furniture all looked like Ikea anyway. I actually do like Ikea. The quality is questionable, but the design aesthetic isn't that bad, if only a little bland. I would probably shop more at Ikea if there was one in Hawaii but there isn't. I used to go to the Carson City Ikea a lot when I lived in Los Angeles. Or at least, I think it was Carson City? Or maybe it's just Carson. I can't even remember anymore. Everything south of Long Beach is a mystery to me. When I was living in Los Angeles, I rarely traveled to the Valley either. I basically just stayed in my little bubble from Santa Monica to downtown, with occasional trips to Malibu or Pasadena. Pasadena was my favorite. My friend Priyanka had a house there and I used to go visit her so that I could play with her dogs and do barbeque cookouts on the weekends. I liked Pasadena because it seemed more like a sort of normal family community with kids and bicycles and stuff. And plus, there is the Huntington Library there which rules a lot. They have the most amazing collection or rare and antique books. I did some reasearch there as a graduate student, and then I actually received a pre-doctoral fellowship to be a scholar in residence there for a year but then I decided to drop out of grad school so I never did the fellowship. I sometimes regret dropping out, but mostly not. I mean, I feel overqualified and under-experienced for a lot of jobs as is, and I would assume that it would only be worse with an advanced degree. Most of my old friends from grad school are now working as assistant professors at second-tier colleges, which I guess is cool if that's your sort of thing. But getting tenure can be a bitch and they work really really hard to try to make it happen. I don't miss all that academic politics shit. I mean, there are politics in any job I guess, but it just seems especially ridiculous in academia because people get away with murder in terms of acting totally cooky and insane. Once you have tenure, you can do whatever the fuck you want. Which is kind of crazy but also kind of awesome. Awesome if you're the one who has it. I once had a professor who chose to wear pajama shirts under his jackets every day. He was totally insane. I think I saw a movie a while ago about a dude who wore pajamas around every day. I am trying to remember the name of the movie but it's not coming to me. But it was about this kid who was totally in love with his childhood crush who had grown up to be a moderately successful actress. I think the actress was played by Rachel Bilson, that chick from The OC who now has that show about being a doctor in the South. She is cute and I think she has really nice hair but I don't really think she is very good at acting. I guess that's less important than having cute hair. I actually need to get a haircut myself, and soon. My hair is way long and is getting kind of scraggly. I wonder if I can get an appointment for after work today if I call now to try. I think I am going to do that right now.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

i just had a sip of water.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

I just stared at Courtney's post for 3 minutes and was finally able to see the peacock.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    I just stared at Courtney's post for 3 minutes and was finally able to see the peacock.
    I kind of have a headache now from typing that shit.

Reading this for the next couple of days
    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Is that written in some sort of underground rat language I'm not familiar with?

I just read Courtney's entire post.

Now I'm back to staring at the calculator.

I just started watching Torchwood.
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

Ham sandwich.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Have a couple of these in the fridge at work. Decided to open one up. Forgot why I hadnít bought this flavor in ages. It smells like gasoline. Especially when you first open it. Donít buy.

Whoever came up with Vitamin Water is a marketing genius. Take some water, add sugar and a little artificial flavoring and food color, call it HEALTHY, and sell it for $2 per bottle.

I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed this Thursday. Four of them. Local anesthesia.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****