Thread: Car Searches

Default Car Searches

How heavy do they search the cars for car camping? Do they thoroughly search coolers, bags, secret car compartments?

Default Re: Car Searches

They search cars about as well as you searched the topic of this thread.

Giant dogs with keen noses will smell everything you try to bring in. Then you will have your wristband removed with special scissors just before being handcuffed, processed, and likely deported.

talked to the head of security - strange encounter....ended up at a car show and he saw my Coachella shirt...so we talked for about 45 min...just BSing. He stated they are big time focused on those selling drugs....they'll have undercover police and FBI within the grounds....buying and buying ...arresting anyone and everyone selling. He said last year they had trouble keeping up arresting so many people. Within a minutes every undercover cop was at the booking station with a dealer.
    He said they are doubling their agents this year. The goal was to get those selling. Security will be much tighter as there are NO volunteers...they will all be paid and trained staff. Expect a more professional experience.
    His stories of busting people were hilarious.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Giant dogs with keen noses will smell everything you try to bring in. Then you will have your wristband removed with special scissors just before being handcuffed, processed, and likely deported.
    Giant dogs, you mean the drug sniffing horses?
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    talked to the head of security - strange encounter....ended up at a car show and he saw my Coachella shirt...so we talked for about 45 min...just BSing. He stated they are big time focused on those selling drugs....they'll have undercover police and FBI within the grounds....buying and buying ...arresting anyone and everyone selling. He said last year they had trouble keeping up arresting so many people. Within a minutes every undercover cop was at the booking station with a dealer.
    He said they are doubling their agents this year. The goal was to get those selling. Security will be much tighter as there are NO volunteers...they will all be paid and trained staff. Expect a more professional experience.
    His stories of busting people were hilarious.
    "Sorry beautiful, I can't sell you anything, but there's a pill right next to your foot on the ground." Problem solved.

As far as car searches go, they'll check your coolers and bags. The main thing they're concerned with is glass.

i would really like to know more about what actually goes on here... like will they strip your car or what? like behind the glovebox?

Honestly I think everyones experiences with car searches are different. You kind of just have to get lucky. Last year we got there around 11:30-midnight ish on Thursday evening, after they had been checking cars all day. We waited in line for a couple hours, and once we got to the front, a car next to us had its battery die, so the head of security or whatever asked us if we could jump her battery. We agreed, it took like 5 minutes, and then he waived us through without searching. He winked at us and said we had good karma, and deserved it to be let through. BUT we did see other people in the lines and their experiences- they took everything out of people's cars, sifted through their stuff, etc. It really depends on which line you get, what time you get there, and how the guys searching in that line feel. Generally it's not that hard to get things in though if you're smart about it. No dogs or any of that bullshit. ;D Just be smart.

only looked in our coolers last year. barely at all. i wouldnt worry too much.

they opened everything we had last year, even our sleeping bag and tent bags. Didnt find anything though cause im a genius like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by nerdtram View Post
    if you can't pull off getting drugs into a festival and consuming them, you don't deserve them.
    Quote Originally Posted by ods.. View Post
    Wait. You like Cudi but you think Outkast is a one hit wonder.

Somebody shoot this fuck.

Just let them know your drugs and alcohol are for personal use and they will b e cool with you

Quote Originally Posted by RABABLAZE View Post
    i would really like to know more about what actually goes on here... like will they strip your car or what? like behind the glovebox?
    Yes.

They will look under the hood.
    They will pat down everyone in the car.
    They will go through the doors, the glovebox, the center console, under the seats, and in the trunk.
    They will go through your CD binder, sniff your water bottles, open your bags, and open your coolers.
    They will have flashlights.
    They will be more than one person.
    They will look under your car at the frame and axels.
    They will bring a drug sniffing dog up and down the aisles of the cars.
    They will not be casual searches.

I read before they have never used drug sniffing dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheres the beef? View Post
    Yes.

They will look under the hood.
    They will pat down everyone in the car.
    They will go through the doors, the glovebox, the center console, under the seats, and in the trunk.
    They will go through your CD binder, sniff your water bottles, open your bags, and open your coolers.
    They will have flashlights.
    They will be more than one person.
    They will look under your car at the frame and axels.
    They will bring a drug sniffing dog up and down the aisles of the cars.
    They will not be casual searches.
    This is true
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

Quote Originally Posted by iammrcandyman View Post
    "Sorry beautiful, I can't sell you anything, but there's a pill right next to your foot on the ground." Problem solved.

As far as car searches go, they'll check your coolers and bags. The main thing they're concerned with is glass.
    You're a fucking retard; nobody do this. People were still getting busted last year for distribution for just giving it away.

About the searches, they're basically checking for glass containers and anything that could threaten the lives of others. We got there late evening last year, and they gave the car a quick once over, pulled out a few things in the trunk so they could see what else was back there, but that's it.

so all of you "geniuses"
    where or how do you get through with... DRUGZz?

You have a plane drop them off duh

I know you get patted down when entering the festival, but does security pat you down when driving into the car camp site?

Quote Originally Posted by the walrus View Post
    so all of you "geniuses"
    Geniuses don't disclose their genius ideas on a message board hosted by those who they are attempting to out-genius.

Quote Originally Posted by the walrus View Post
    so all of you "geniuses"
    Friday: Outkast | Girl Talk | HAIM | Bonobo | Flume | Wye Oak | The Preatures
    Saturday: Lorde | Sleigh Bells | CHVRCHES | Capital Cities | Warpaint | Washed Out | Banks
    Sunday: Arcade Fire | Beck | Disclosure | Lana Del Rey | AlunaGeorge | Superchunk | Daughter | Poolside

Quote Originally Posted by misskch View Post
    Honestly I think everyones experiences with car searches are different. You kind of just have to get lucky. Last year we got there around 11:30-midnight ish on Thursday evening, after they had been checking cars all day. We waited in line for a couple hours, and once we got to the front, a car next to us had its battery die, so the head of security or whatever asked us if we could jump her battery. We agreed, it took like 5 minutes, and then he waived us through without searching. He winked at us and said we had good karma, and deserved it to be let through. BUT we did see other people in the lines and their experiences- they took everything out of people's cars, sifted through their stuff, etc. It really depends on which line you get, what time you get there, and how the guys searching in that line feel. Generally it's not that hard to get things in though if you're smart about it. No dogs or any of that bullshit. ;D Just be smart.
    Haha. I was one car behind you guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Haha. I was one car behind you guys.
    I'm assuming that means you were part of the group of 10+ cars that let us cut them so they could stay together? The lines were super confusing at that time of night.. the security guards just didn't seem to give a fuck about organizing it.

I know you guys are talking about car camping, but i'm in tent-camping, do they search your car when you're going to park it, or search you as you enter the campgrounds?

they search you when you enter the camping and festival areas
    2012w1
    2013w1

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    They search cars about as well as you searched the topic of this thread.
    nice.