Thread: Last chance at tickets for the locals...

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Default Last chance at tickets for the locals...

Alf Alpha's FB just posted

Tomorrow Morning: I will be Pleying for Goldenvoice at The Riverside County while 1000 lucky locals get tickets for Coachella. 9am.

http://www.mydesert.com/article/2012...chella-tickets

Best of luck to all that are able to attend
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Default Re: Last chance at tickets for the locals...

I heard that there are already more than a thousand people lined up there.
    the lurker shows his member to the kids at the old school.

Quote Originally Posted by blakely View Post
    I heard that there are already more than a thousand people lined up there.
    Crazy shit. At least the weather is nice (if they're waiting outdoors)
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

I was planning on going to get there after a friend got off work too. But no dice. Looks like I'll be purchasing my ticket for 150 over face value in march with the rest of the poor fucks like me.

Are there any local here that could confirm that there is a huge line there tonight for me?

Quote Originally Posted by blakely View Post
    Are there any local here that could confirm that there is a huge line there tonight for me?
    yeah there's about 500 people there right noww

9/23 Modest Mouse @ Pappy & Harriet's
    10/25 Beach Goth @ The Observatory

Anyone take advantage of this?

Showed up at 6am, there was about 400+ people in front of us and many more behind us. Got a first week pass!

Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Showed up at 6am, there was about 400+ people in front of us and many more behind us. Got a first week pass!
    Awesome. Glad things worked out for ya. Was it all over local radios and whatnot?

Just got home from this, actually. For some stupid reason I didn't think it was going to be a big deal so I didn't show up until about 9:20 and the line was already huge. There were a total of three thousand tickets available (1k for weekend one, 1k for weekend two, 1k for stagecoach) and you could get tickets for all three if you wanted. A couple dudes were passing out these purple posters stating that the tickets were non-transferable. You get a confirmation number in person and then Goldenvoice will be sending an email receipt and details about when and where you can pick up your wristbands from the Indian Wells Tennis Garden. They were only letting in about 15-20 people at a time from the huge line to go and stand in another line that takes you to where you can actually go and pay for your order. I thought I'd be home by noon at the latest and I didn't get out til about 3.

There were reports of a line starting yesterday but there was no way we were gonna spend the night, so we showed up as early as possible. We waited in line from 6am and reached the front gate a few minutes till 10am; that's when we noticed someone waving at us from the front of the line. The rest is history and a piece of cake.

I also heard there would be 1k for each weekend including Stagecoach, they might have overshot that one. So maybe extra passes? Dunno?

they started selling tickets at 10...fucking line moved way slow...they had roughly 8-10 people on computers typing info in....and fucking TYPING IN OUR CC NUMBERS.....slow fucking operation.

A fucking retarded monkey could have come up with a better system to get 1000 people through faster.

get 2 guys with a mobile device to go through the line "LIKE IN AND OUT BURGER" walk down the line and take the order and PAY RIGHT THERE WITH CC next guy checks ID's.....Cash goes in another line....THEN have someone CONFIRM then fucking get some people that can FUCKING TYPE that have taken a typing class...not a fucking group that types ONE FINGER AT A TIME....for fucks sake...you are going to pull in over 900k (3k tickets at roughly $300 per ticket)...and you can't spend a few bucks to speed up the process. JESUS what a retarded system they had!

Took people that were about at the 500 point till 2:30 to pay. 4hrs and 30 minutes....what a joke!

It was amateur day at the fair grounds

and they looked like they were selling out of Coachella tickets, but not Stagecoach.

I will say the DJ outside was good
    Last edited by baily; 01-28-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Did you see anyone appreciative of the chance to buy passes reserved for local residents, or just uptight assholes that already bought passes on layaway and just wanted more?

I think there are 1000s of people who would gladly stand in line even longer to gets thickets. Stop complaining & be thankful.

I think there are 1000s of people who would gladly stand in line even longer to gets thickets. Stop complaining & be thankful.

No kidding. Always a complaint. You guys should be grateful they even did that!
    Coachella '10, '11, '12 (w2), '13 (w1), '14 (w1) and hopefully every one after

"I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water."
    Ray Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    Did you see anyone appreciative of the chance to buy passes reserved for local residents, or just uptight assholes that already bought passes on layaway and just wanted more?
    Most of the people I heard from either couldn't afford to buy them when they went on sale or underestimated how quickly the fest would sell out. A few had tickets to one weekend and wanted a pass for the other, and one guy wanted to buy tickets for both weekends and Stagecoach so he could sell them, but that plan quickly changed when he found out that the tickets are non-transferable.

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    they started selling tickets at 10...fucking line moved way slow...they had roughly 8-10 people on computers typing info in....and fucking TYPING IN OUR CC NUMBERS.....slow fucking operation.

A fucking retarded monkey could have come up with a better system to get 1000 people through faster.

get 2 guys with a mobile device to go through the line "LIKE IN AND OUT BURGER" walk down the line and take the order and PAY RIGHT THERE WITH CC next guy checks ID's.....Cash goes in another line....THEN have someone CONFIRM then fucking get some people that can FUCKING TYPE that have taken a typing class...not a fucking group that types ONE FINGER AT A TIME....for fucks sake...you are going to pull in over 900k (3k tickets at roughly $300 per ticket)...and you can't spend a few bucks to speed up the process. JESUS what a retarded system they had!

Took people that were about at the 500 point till 2:30 to pay. 4hrs and 30 minutes....what a joke!

and they looked like they were selling out of Coachella tickets, but not Stagecoach.

You got access to sold out tickets and were able to pick ANY weekend. Stop bitching.

You have a point....

Note I wasn't bitching about TE offer of tickets. I thank Indio and GV for the opportunity. Everyone there was greatful.

That still doesnt excuse the inept running of the ship.

Another thing...security did a great job of making sure no cutting and keeping people safe.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post

The idea that there is a retarded monkey living within my zip code area has me concerned...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    The idea that there is a retarded monkey living within my zip code area has me concerned...
    he means 'person of african descent' if that assuages any fears you may have.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    assuages - vocab score +1

The front people there stated there IS NO VOLUNTEER SECURITY this year.

There wasn't volunteer security there last year either. You fucking moron.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    By the looks of his preferred method of speeding up the ticketing process, I thought he was the retarded monkey.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Rent-A-Cop security is not volunteer security nor is it Official Cop security

They HAD volunteer security last year....they offered them to anyone age'd 18 in the area....work for x amount of hours and the remainder time you can go to the festival. There are ad's out here in the valley every year.