Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Morning Jacket

Default My Morning Jacket

Their performance in 2008 is one of the best rock shows I've ever seen at Coachella. They suffer an annoying amount of love from jamband dorks but they're a goddamn amazing act. Bring them back and put them on at 8 on the Main, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Default Re: My Morning Jacket

Yes, now that would be fucking cool.
    Translation

Caribou @The Fillmore 03/01/15
    The Pop Group @ GAMH 03/11/15

Last.fm

Easily talented enough to be the act bumped up to headliner status this year. They're already headliners at certain other fests, but they're so goddamn good that they'll convert people easily.

Warpaint 7:25-8:15
    MMJ 8:30-9:30
    Foo Fighters 11:00-1:00

There you go, Coachella--one good night of mainstage with no crap. Do it.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Jim James solo would also be great
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

I liked Jim James solo album last year and have not even seen a youtube video of how those songs translated. I still haven't listened to Carl's? solo album(s?).
    Translation

Last.fm

I was hoping for Jim James but it would have been last year if it was ever going to happen, right? At least until he releases another solo album. It seems weird that they haven't been back at all considering how much touring they've been doing. He's one of those guys who it's like, "If they put something out, just have them play." It would be so awesome to see the progression through the years. Like him, Thom Yorke, Trent... I guess maybe Jack White even though I don't like the prick myself.

Great headliner
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

their 2006 Coachella performance was ridiculously good too. that was my introduction to the band and I enjoyed their whole set, immensely. then off to Daft Punk and Depeche Mode...what an incredible day that was.

I've seen them 6-7 times and are one of my favorite bands. Four of those shows were the last tour, SLC->2 nights at Red Rocks (with acid on the second night!)->Berkeley at the end of the tour. Its simply incredible what they put out on album and then what they present to you LIVE. That American Dad episode is hilarious but not too far off, Jim James does sound like an Angel.

Man i'm just remembering at Red Rocks they filmed one of the nights and either Hall or Oates (how the fuck can I remember) came out for a jam. They had so many covers, play for so long, dont ignore their first albums and truly love the fans.

<3
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

When I saw them in 2006, I thought I was being cool for watching some weird alternate country band and enjoying the outdoor stage's palmtrees.
    Last edited by getbetter; 10-16-2014 at 10:19 PM.
    Translation

Last.fm

MMJ has been on my bucket list for some time now. I know that I need to see them do a proper show on their own but I'll happily take a shortened set on the polo fields.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Warpaint 7:25-8:15
    MMJ 8:30-9:30
    Foo Fighters 11:00-1:00

There you go, Coachella--one good night of mainstage with no crap. Do it.
    I'd be down...

This would never happen nowadays but this would be the perfect night of rock for me

the Flaming Lips 6:50-7:40
    Incubus 8:10-9:00
    My Morning Jacket 9:30-10:30
    Pearl Jam 11:00-Close

old school

Easily talented enough to be the act bumped up to headliner status this year. They're already headliners at certain other fests, but they're so goddamn good that they'll convert people easily.
    They been on the "verge" of being a headliner/arena act for nearly 5 years now. They haven't even been the "formal" headliner at Bonnaroo yet.

Flawless live band, overdue for polo fields return. Though unless their next album is ridiculously huge, I feel like they've missed their opportunity to make it to headline status.

Last I heard they were aiming for a new album this fall, but that was months ago. I also heard it may end up being a double album, which isn't the best idea if you're looking for a big hit album to catapult you into primo headliner status.

Anyway, I'm down for this.

Quote Originally Posted by breathewithme View Post
    their 2006 Coachella performance was ridiculously good too. that was my introduction to the band and I enjoyed their whole set, immensely. then off to Daft Punk and Depeche Mode...what an incredible day that was.
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    When I saw them in 2006, I thought I was being cool for watching some weird alternate country band and enjoying the outdoor stage's palmtrees.
    They played in 2008 but your enthusiasm is appreciated all the same.

They played in 2008 but your enthusiasm is appreciated all the same.
    coachella 2006.jpg

Oh no shit? How have I never heard that be referenced on here? Withdrawn, sir or madam.

ha! no problem...it was a stand out performance, Jim James' hair completely covering his face, incredible riffs, I was in the zone that day and loving every minute of it.

No Coachella headliner here, but sure bring em to the Polo Fields for 2015. They would more than likely be playing before the subs on the main stage. My Morning Jacket> The National> U2
    I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member...

MMJ BEFORE The National? Fuck off
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Let them headline and they will put on a better show than any other headliner in 4 years
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

I've been waiting for them to close out Bonnaroo for some time. I saw them headline ACL and Lollapalooza and they were awesome. Maybe not a headliner here, but a 90 minute set on the Outdoor would be awesome, have them go against a shitty headliner and I'll be golden.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Let them headline and they will put on a better show than any other headliner in 4 years
    Muse/Arcade/Outkast/RHCP/Phoenix/Blur/Stone Roses/Dre-Snoop/Radiohead/Black Keys/KOL/Arcade/Strokes/Kanye/Gorillaz/Muse/Jay-z

You may have a valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I've been waiting for them to close out Bonnaroo for some time. I saw them headline ACL and Lollapalooza and they were awesome. Maybe not a headliner here, but a 90 minute set on the Outdoor would be awesome, have them go against a shitty headliner and I'll be golden.
    They were "2nd liners" at both Lolla & ACL in 2011 and playing against Stevie Wonder or Eminem. They got 90 minutes at ACL and 2 hours at Lolla.

MMJ won't be a top liner at Coachella and they seem incapable of giving any non-headliner/non EDM act more than 60 minutes since My Bloody Valentine got 75 minute before the Cure in 2009.

They're already headliners at certain other fests, but they're so goddamn good that they'll convert people easily.
    Man I never get tired of the "I'm a big fan of this band so they're a headliner." Feeding delusions since forever.
    Last edited by mrhand; 10-21-2014 at 06:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorAve View Post
    No, I know [Muse and The Killers] are headlining.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
    I said the COMBINATION of Blur/Roses, which will be a worldwide exclusive that will be talked about for years to come. (1/30/2013)

I'm not even that big of a fan. But there's only so many bands in the world, and eventually you have to start promoting new bands or else you just keep repeating yourself. Coachella is coming up on that issue in a BIG way. The argument for MMJ to headline is that frankly they put on such a good show--not just subjectively but in terms of the quality of their performing--that they would have a WAY higher audience retention rate than pretty much any other rock act that could get a promotion.

My Morning Jacket will never headline Coachella if their musical trajectory of theirs is any indication.
    I would never want to belong to any club that would have someone like me for a member...

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Man I never get tired of the "I'm a big fan of this band so they're a headliner." Feeding delusions since forever.
    I am by no means a big fan but think they would make a great headliner. They are fantastic live even for the casual listener. I'm not sure I even knew their music before the first time I heard them at Bonnaroo and they ended being my favorite act that weekend. Much better than many of the "it's too soon for them to headline" Coachella headliners of recent years.

old school

I'm not even that big of a fan. But there's only so many bands in the world, and eventually you have to start promoting new bands or else you just keep repeating yourself. Coachella is coming up on that issue in a BIG way. The argument for MMJ to headline is that frankly they put on such a good show--not just subjectively but in terms of the quality of their performing--that they would have a WAY higher audience retention rate than pretty much any other rock act that could get a promotion.
    Arctic Monkeys/Jack White/Imagine Dragons/Foo Fighters/Green Day/Coldplay

Would also all out draw a MMJ headlining slot. I'm only a fan of half of them