Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post
    Yeah the criticism of the 2012 dance music lineup has nothing to do with EDM better-taste-than-thou chinstroking, I'm not sure why this is difficult to understand. This lineup is an objectively dramatic shift (although not one that was completely unexpected) from the dance lineups at Coachella since, like, 1999.
    This is what people going to a commercialized festival want to hear. For every ten of you hating the line up, there are a hundred that are soooooooo stoked. I'm not tryin to say I have better taste in music. I have better taste in humans. The returds that demand this lineup you guys are hating are the reason why I have abandoned the music as a whole.

If I could kick it with these SMH clowns in person, I bet they could play me some killer music in all kinds of genres. They might een be able to play drums and stringed instruments. The crowd they cater to and sold out for demands shitty music and they want it fast. So quality and skill are over looked to cater to a trend and pump out shitty music and play every festival to milk the trend for every cent until the horse is dead. The promoters are in it for the same reasons. They wanna milk these little retards and throw as many parties with the same lineups as they an before the fad dies out.

At a gathering with family, the people bring the sound and production and it's not about making any more money than it cost to pay for the generators to run. This isn't about taste in music at all. This is money hungry corporate sell out shit being consumed by blind and def trend monkeys.
    Last edited by Goatchella; 01-27-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    You wanna fook on me?!

Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Last year was the year EDM blew up in the United States, you could easily tell by the amount of people in the Sahara, not to mention sold out Ultra Festival, EDC, and the fact that the biggest clubs in the U.S. are now ran by these "overrated" DJs. The line up contained a lot of similar acts to the ones we have this year. Anyone with half a brain can figure out that if the current year had a lot of these acts, the following one will be the same. And what do you know? It did! If you can't figure this out then I don't know what to say.
    Uh The Prodigy's Fat of the Land landed at #1 on the Billboard Album charts in November 1997, a feat that no other EDM artist (David Guetta and Skrillex included) has yet to accomplish.

And Fatboy Slim accomplished being into the mainstream and still having two of his biggest singles being played on alternative radio stations nationwide to this day.

You don't know shit retard.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    You have one of the most unjustified superiority complexes of anyone I've ever seen.
    I have more humility than anyone you know. I am one of the worst humans I know.
    You wanna fook on me?!

This has the potential to be the Longest Troll Thread of 2012. Kudos to sonicc.

Sonic the cockhog
    You wanna fook on me?!

Somebody post that video of axwell "mixing". If ever there was a time for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    This is what people going to a commercialized festival want to hear. For every ten of you hating the line up, there are a hundred that are soooooooo stoked. I'm not tryin to say I have better taste in music. I have better taste in humans. The returds that demand this lineup you guys are hating are the reason why I have abandoned the music as a whole.

If I could kick it with these SMH clowns in person, I bet they could play me some killer music in all kinds of genres. They might een be able to play drums and stringed instruments. The crowd they cater to and sold out for demands shitty music and they want it fast. So quality and skill are over looked to cater to a trend and pump out shitty music and play every festival to milk the trend for every cent until the horse is dead. The promoters are in it for the same reasons. They wanna milk these little retards and throw as many parties with the same lineups as they an before the fad dies out.

At a gathering with family, the people bring the sound and production and it's not about making any more money than it cost to pay for the generators to run. This isn't about taste in music at all. This is money hungry corporate sell out shit being consumed by blind and def trend monkeys.
    Sad but true.

Steve Angello can't hear you whine, his Ferrari is too loud...

Ok Ok Ok.... That right there^^^^ is funny.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

I don't care how valid my opinion is. I'm in search of a beat in a good atmosphere with good community. If I loved house music I'd be fucked because that too has become bastardized by its crowd and that crowds lack of taste and lack of respect or knowledge of talet.
    The world is a big place and there are many kinds of music, but good people and a good vibe are rare and primitive still. These good people and beautiful venues happen to be playing psytrance and tribal. I don't have extensive knowledge of the artists, I'm not geeked out over fashion, there aren't websites or fliars. Just family inviting family to gather and celebrate life and love. The trends and fashion and designer drugs, the way EDm has gone in most of America is/ are just not my cup of tea.
    Lol... psytrance is a pretty wacky crowd as well. Straight weirdos dressed in fairy costumes bopping around on 5+ hits of acid. Techno/House/Minimal is where it's at.

Coachella Weekend #1

@sonicc LOL

Facebook // Twitter // Blog // Tumblr // Instagram
    Coachella: 04,06,07,09,10,11,12(1&2),13(1&2),14(1&2)
    Upcoming shows
    Cibo Matto 10/4, The Weeknd/Schoolboy Q/Jhene Aiko 10/10, Placebo 10/23, Charli XCX 10/25, Warpaint 10/27, Digitalism 11/7, First Aid Kit 11/13, Tegan & Sara 11/14, Tame Impala 11/15, Sky Ferreira 11/23&24
    Events
    Holy Ship! 1/3-6/2015, Coachella 4/10-12&17-19/2015

Because we all dream of driving a Ferrari.

That's what happens when you create music for the masses.
    I'm glad he is successful and fulfilling his dreams. Can't hate on that.
    You wanna fook on me?!

The music has become a lifestyle and fashion and influence of thought all together for a lot of people. I have never hopped into any of these scenes and been hardcore into one genre. Music and my life are seperate. Seems like a lot of people are really passionate about their scene and lifestyle, thinking, crowd all follows the music. Metal heads, star wars fans, jocks, EDM nerds are all about it. This shit is serious business. Lol.
    careful... you have almost 1,500 posts on a music festival message board.

Coachella Weekend #1

Last year was the year EDM blew up in the United States, you could easily tell by the amount of people in the Sahara, not to mention sold out Ultra Festival, EDC, and the fact that the biggest clubs in the U.S. are now ran by these "overrated" DJs. The line up contained a lot of similar acts to the ones we have this year. Anyone with half a brain can figure out that if the current year had a lot of these acts, the following one will be the same. And what do you know? It did! If you can't figure this out then I don't know what to say.
    EDC didn't sell out last year.

I love how people complain about Swedish House Mafia and their music, yet if Daft Punk shows up on the bill they lose their shit. Daft Punk does nothing but stand there inside a pyramid, wave to the crowd, and press play. Swedish House Mafia has everything from excellent production, phenomenal mixing, and knows how to interact with the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by bganch View Post
    careful... you have almost 1,500 posts on a music festival message board.
    In under 6 months.

Swedish House Mafia has everything from excellent production, phenomenal mixing, and knows how to interact with the crowd.
    a+ trolling

I love how people complain about Swedish House Mafia and their music, yet if Daft Punk shows up on the bill they lose their shit. Daft Punk does nothing but stand there inside a pyramid, wave to the crowd, and press play. Swedish House Mafia has everything from excellent production, phenomenal mixing, and knows how to interact with the crowd.
    Trollolololol

10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Trollolololol

Nice, I was just going to post this ^

Coachella Weekend #1

Quote Originally Posted by tmac View Post
    a+ trolling
    Speaks for itself...

I love you! Axwell loves you! Sebastian loves you! Swedish House Mafia loves you! Coachella make some NOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE!

< Swedish House Mafia - at least Swedish House Mafia are original...

Speaks for itself...

Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    This has the potential to be the Longest Troll Thread of 2012. Kudos to sonicc.
    My "would blink182 headline coachella?" thread got to a few pages in under a day back in the fall when this board is dead.

Just sayin....
    "How long will this last, this delicious feeling of being alive, of having penetrated the veil which hides beauty and the wonders of celestial vistas? It doesn't matter, as there can be nothing but gratitude for even a glimpse of what exists for those who can become open to it."

Quote Originally Posted by bganch View Post
    careful... you have almost 1,500 QUALITY posts on a music festival message board.
    fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    In under 6 months.
    In human time yes

Everyone has a different opinion but facts are facts. This is the fastest selling Coachella in history and the majority of the reason is because the line up in the Sahara is top-notch. Therefore, this makes your opinion of EDM invalid. Now grab a box of kleenex, clean yourself up, and start getting with the program.
    facts are facts
    You wanna fook on me?!

QUALITY

Lol. Stay perfect baby....just for me
    You wanna fook on me?!

Is Sonic the Fagcock seriously trying to convince us that SHM > Daft Punk?

I mean, really?

SMH mafia
    You wanna fook on me?!