Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 632

Thread: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

  1. #31

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Yeah because, you know, EVERY act that has ever played Coachella can be considered superb quality.
    Everyone has a different opinion but facts are facts. This is the fastest selling Coachella in history and the majority of the reason is because the line up in the Sahara is top-notch. Therefore, this makes your opinion of EDM invalid. Now grab a box of kleenex, clean yourself up, and start getting with the program.


  2. #32
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,886

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Everyone has a different opinion but facts are facts. This is the fastest selling Coachella in history and the majority of the reason is because the line up in the Sahara is top-notch. Therefore, this makes your opinion of EDM invalid. Now grab a box of kleenex, clean yourself up, and start getting with the program.

    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

  3. #33
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    I give up in edm all together. Fuck it.

    Have fun you little thiz monkey.
    You wanna fook on me?!

  4. #34

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Everyone has a different opinion but facts are facts. This is the fastest selling Coachella in history and the majority of the reason is because the line up in the Sahara is top-notch. Therefore, this makes your opinion of EDM invalid. Now grab a box of kleenex, clean yourself up, and start getting with the program.

    You know weekend 1 was almost entirely sold out ~6 months before the lineup came out, right

  5. #35
    Member nine day brawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    phx
    Posts
    873

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Everyone has a different opinion but facts are facts. This is the fastest selling Coachella in history and the majority of the reason is because the line up in the Sahara is top-notch.
    FALSE. How quick you are to disregard the fact that thousands of tickets were sold in June of '11 before these EDM abortions were even added to the lineup.

    Edit: What Tricks said.
    Arctic Monkeys - 10.25.14 - Comerica Theater
    Coachella - 4.10.15 - 4.12.15 - Empire Polo Grounds

  6. #36
    Quitter
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    268

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    +1 and I don't care how many threads there are about it.

  7. #37
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,076

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Everyone has a different opinion but facts are facts. This is the fastest selling Coachella in history and the majority of the reason is because the line up in the Sahara is top-notch. Therefore, this makes your opinion of EDM invalid. Now grab a box of kleenex, clean yourself up, and start getting with the program.


    Yeah I mean, it's not like Coachella is selling out because it's deveolped into, you know, the most popular and anticipated music festival in the western United States.

    Also, provide me what direct facts show that the lineup sold out so fast because of the EDM lineup. I mean, it's not like they sold so many passes during presale (before any type of rumors, let alone an actual lineup, were released) that the first weekend sold out in 30 minutes when the they went back on sale or anything, right?
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  8. #38
    old school SepaGroove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    3,217

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    No one's asking for an entirely underground EDM lineup you fucking dolt. Just mix in some more techno / House (not just shitty cheese-electro / progressive) / Drum N Bass / minimal / etc.

    Afrojack, Guetta, SHM, Ingrosso, Avicii, Alesso, Kaskade, Girl Talk, Calvin Harris, and Martin Solveig is just an overdose of cheesy, recycled EDM. It's popular, yes, but there is just too much of those types of artists and very few quality, rare acts. We're going from a year that had The Chemical Brothers, Sasha, Leftfield, Shpongle, Trentemoller etc., and the only acts that seem to be in the upper echelon of long-time EDM fans this year are Amon Tobin and DJ Shadow.

    It has nothing to do someone coming to a conclusion that they don't care for an artists based on popularity. By most accounts, Sasha is internationally known and has been performing at massives and festivals for a couple of decades now and he is respected around here. Same with The Chemical Brothers. Same with Daft Punk... I could go on.
    Amen! I totally agree. The lineup isn't complete shit, but it would be nice to have a lineup more similar to last year. "Afrojack, Guetta, SHM, Ingrosso, Avicii, Alesso, Kaskade, Girl Talk, Calvin Harris, and Martin Solveig is just an overdose of cheesy, recycled EDM." I personally like AJ, SHM, Kaskade, and Calvin but I totally agree, there's just way too much of the same thing this year.

    P.S. Amon Tobin is not EDM

  9. #39
    Member Foucault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Trans-California
    Posts
    938

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    Amen! I totally agree. The lineup isn't complete shit, but it would be nice to have a lineup more similar to last year. "Afrojack, Guetta, SHM, Ingrosso, Avicii, Alesso, Kaskade, Girl Talk, Calvin Harris, and Martin Solveig is just an overdose of cheesy, recycled EDM." I personally like AJ, SHM, Kaskade, and Calvin but I totally agree, there's just way too much of the same thing this year.

    P.S. Amon Tobin is not EDM
    Gotta to sign on to all of the above here... the lineup is woefully light on live EDM but too heavy on dudes spinning records...

  10. #40
    lowfront
    Guest

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    My precious sahara tent is dead rip buddy


    fuck I hope next year they get there shit together. First time in 6 years im not going to coach.

  11. #41

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick o View Post
    just because some of the acts are what you hipsters consider to be main stream doesn't mean they wont be a good show

    stop fucking dreaming of an all underground EDM lineup, its NOT going to happen, not with the rising popularity of the scene and stop fucking saying that acts are going to automatically suck because people have actually heard of that artist
    These acts are awful. Their sets will most definitely suck. You clearly enjoy this stuff. Fine. Own your poor taste rather than trotting out the "mainstream doesn't mean bad" strawman.

    No shame in finding pleasure in bad dance music. And no need to get huffy and defensive when a spade is rightly called a spade.

    And yes, too many threads on this subject.

  12. #42

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    Yeah I mean, it's not like Coachella is selling out because it's deveolped into, you know, the most popular and anticipated music festival in the western United States.

    Also, provide me what direct facts show that the lineup sold out so fast because of the EDM lineup. I mean, it's not like they sold so many passes during presale (before any type of rumors, let alone an actual lineup, were released) that the first weekend sold out in 30 minutes when the they went back on sale or anything, right?
    Last year was the year EDM blew up in the United States, you could easily tell by the amount of people in the Sahara, not to mention sold out Ultra Festival, EDC, and the fact that the biggest clubs in the U.S. are now ran by these "overrated" DJs. The line up contained a lot of similar acts to the ones we have this year. Anyone with half a brain can figure out that if the current year had a lot of these acts, the following one will be the same. And what do you know? It did! If you can't figure this out then I don't know what to say.

  13. #43
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    HHahHhhah
    You wanna fook on me?!

  14. #44

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Last year was the year EDM blew up in the United States, you could easily tell by the amount of people in the Sahara, not to mention sold out Ultra Festival, EDC, and the fact that the biggest clubs in the U.S. are now ran by these "overrated" DJs. The line up contained a lot of similar acts to the ones we have this year. Anyone with half a brain can figure out that if the current year had a lot of these acts, the following one will be the same. And what do you know? It did! If you can't figure this out then I don't know what to say.
    You're missing the point. Everyone expected these acts. Few people likely expected these acts and little to nothing else.

  15. #45
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Edm blew up in 1995 when you were in diapers or prob not even born.
    You wanna fook on me?!

  16. #46
    Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In A Beautiful Place Out In The Country
    Posts
    16,487

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Everyone has a different opinion but facts are facts. This is the fastest selling Coachella in history and the majority of the reason is because the line up in the Sahara is top-notch. Therefore, this makes your opinion of EDM invalid. Now grab a box of kleenex, clean yourself up, and start getting with the program.

    ITT: Not understanding what "facts" are.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

  17. #47
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,493

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    There is a significant resurgence, you idiot EDM elitists seem to be ignoring. My mom knows a Skrillex song and the dude is nominated for 5 Grammys, shit has gotten ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

  18. #48
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    It didnt just happen last year. For this dumbfuck maybe but that shitty music has been played out for a long time. I think rave shit was whack back in the 90s . It's geared towards nerds that like getting cracked and don't fit in anywhere else.

    People love Skrilly cause they can relate. Nerd. Just like white trash can relate to shaggy and J.

    To be clear, the drugs, fashion and crowd suck. Some of the music is not so bad.
    You wanna fook on me?!

  19. #49
    Coachella Junkie stinkbutt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,493

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    It doesn't change the fact that this is probably the most mainstream attention EDM has gotten since the 90s

    Also which goober is in the middle of that SHM pic?
    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    And stinkbutt leaving a motorhead set when you know he's dying just to talk shit ? Your a shitty person as well .please let mja give you an anal love disease .

  20. #50
    old school unknown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    5,718

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    P.S. Amon Tobin is not EDM
    What broad genre of music does he fall under?
    Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    I just want to ingest mind-altering chemicals and get my mind blown by tribal lasers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepingrock View Post
    I would rather have an auctioneer mc DnB sets

  21. #51
    AMBIVALENT bobert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    3,744

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    I can't tell if Steve Angello is touching his own man boob, or if that other dufus is giving him the reach around. And what's that asshole on the right looking at? Super uppriktig.








    That's Swedish for "candid." I hope they spent a lot on that photo shoot.

  22. #52

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    Edm blew up in 1995 when you were in diapers or prob not even born.
    You're comparing 1995 EDM in the United States to sold out shows of 90,000 people?

  23. #53
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    I thought that picture was posted because sonic was calling guy in tucsun gay.
    You wanna fook on me?!

  24. #54
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,076

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Last year was the year EDM blew up in the United States, you could easily tell by the amount of people in the Sahara, not to mention sold out Ultra Festival, EDC, and the fact that the biggest clubs in the U.S. are now ran by these "overrated" DJs. The line up contained a lot of similar acts to the ones we have this year. Anyone with half a brain can figure out that if the current year had a lot of these acts, the following one will be the same. And what do you know? It did! If you can't figure this out then I don't know what to say.
    A lot of us here have been listening to EDM for 10-20 years. Some even longer. To say it just blew up last year in the US is inaccurate.

    How long have you been listening to EDM? That's a serious question. The reason I ask is if your gauge of quality artists is what DJ/Producer is playing/running the "biggest clubs in the U.S" then you're way off base. DJ's like Keoki and Richard Humpty Vission were those exact same acts 10 fucking years ago and you hardly see their names on the posters of big massives unless it's in their region.

    So it just blew up? I guess you missed the era where The Chemical Brothers, Daft Punk, Prodigy, Crystal Method and several other groups / artists were getting just as much play on the radio back in those days as Afrojack and David Guetta are today. The main difference is that those classic acts didn't have to ride the coat-tails of rappers and shitty auto-tuned R&B artists to become known by the masses.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 01-27-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  25. #55
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    You're comparing 1995 EDM in the United States to sold out shows of 90,000 people?
    Im stating facts of when the genre blew up.

    There are more of everything since the 90s kiddo.
    Things were a lot different before the Internet and cell phones.
    You wanna fook on me?!

  26. #56
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,886

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    What broad genre of music does he fall under?
    Just electronic music. Take out the "dance."

    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

  27. #57
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Or experimental. Psychedelic noise.
    You wanna fook on me?!

  28. #58
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,076

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Quote Originally Posted by unknown View Post
    What broad genre of music does he fall under?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    Just electronic music. Take out the "dance."

    My first introduction to Amon Tobin's music back in the early 2000's involved mostly breakbeats, IDM and some big beat. I have always considered him EDM.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  29. #59

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Point is, Swedish House Mafia is one of the best dance acts we've had in years. From rivaling Ultra Festival with their own show to selling out Madison Square Garden in 10 minutes, they've taken over. Now they're most likely playing at the main stage of your precious festival. You guys are mad because your favorite EDM acts are always on the side stages or because they aren't playing at all. Why? Because their music is not up to par with these 3 geniuses. I rest my case, have fun complaining about the line up.


  30. #60
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,886

    Default Re: WORST DANCE/ELECTRONIC LINE-UP EVER

    Nice reading comprehension.

    Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Similar Threads

  1. another dance/electronic tent
    By Lazaro in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-25-2013, 02:08 PM
  2. top techno/electronic/dance music
    By coach10 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 01:29 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2008, 09:40 AM
  4. Best electronic/dance songs ever
    By garrett222 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 89
    Last Post: 06-25-2008, 11:23 PM
  5. Replies: 48
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 08:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •