Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DFA Records

Default Re: DFA Records

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    it was a photo of a steaming pile of shit, in reference to how he feels about the label and artists. Hes gone out of his way numerous times to express his feelings but w/ no real justification.
    Ah. Well now I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    but for now chew on this.... a new beginning.

New Build, the collaboration between LCD Soundsystem drummer Pat Mahoney and Hot Chip’s Al Doyle and Felix Martin have announced a pending full-length release and tour this spring. The album, entitled Yesterday Was Lived & Lost, is described as a dance record, with ”the eccentricities of artists such as the Human League, Peter Gabriel, Robert Wyatt, Chris & Cosey, Cabaret Voltaire and Eno.” It will show itself on Mar. 5 via Lanark Records. The group will hit the road as an eight-piece unit—we hope with Nancy Wang and Tyler Pope—this spring.

The group released their second, “Do You Feel Loved,” last month, with remixes from Dominik Eulberg and Juju & Jordash. You can hear all three versions and peep the tracklist after the jump.

http://soundcloud.com/newbuild/sets/...o-you-not-feel

Odd, can't really find any mention of Pat being involved with this besides the article this above paragraph is from. Perhaps he's just acting as their live drummer? Anyone know if he's a studio member of the group? Just curious.

Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

- PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

DFA2326: The 2 Bears - Work: The Remixes EP 1

The official U.S. Debut of The 2 Bears hit stores last week. Part one of two, this EP includes remixes by St. Etienne (Who are gonna release new music soon! Neat!), a really rad Dub version by The Bears themselves, and previously vinyl-only track Shakedown! Take a peek at the video for Work -

and keep an eye out for The 2 Bears' debut album, Be Strong, available for preorder now on iTunes with two bonus tracks!
    Last edited by Coachella Bound; 01-30-2012 at 08:29 AM.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

DFA2328: Holy Ghost! - It's Not Over -

The final single from the self-titled Holy Ghost! LP before Alex Fonzarelli & Slick Nick return to the studio, commencing work on LP2. The single features an amazingly retro extended 12" remix by Dimitri From Paris. This is an iTunes exclusive for the next couple of weeks and will soon be on vinyl too, so please calm down if you prefer the wax.

And for those who have been patient, surprise! Check out the LIMITED EDITION 2nd PRESSING of their smash debut 2xLP, now with a natural cardboard cover with black & silver silkscreen. Even if you bought the first edition, part of you probably wants to buy this too. Hopefully it is the part of you that has your wallet.

http://shop.dfarecords.com/product/h...2xlp-version-2

some of the cheesdickiest electropop i've ever heard.

holy ghost successfully takes the worst aspects of 80's synthpop and tries (successfully) to sell it to modern day hipsters... smh
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgasm View Post
    some of the cheesdickiest electropop i've ever heard.

holy ghost successfully takes the worst aspects of 80's synthpop and tries (successfully) to sell it to modern day hipsters... smh
    You couldn't have said it better. I remember walking out to the balcony after seeing 5 minutes of their set when they opened up for LCD...absolute garbage.

7/22 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Prospect Park
    7/23 Witch @ MHOW
    7/24 Teenage Fanclub @ Pier 84
    7/24 Lauren Ritter @ TBA
    7/25 Nick Cave @ Prospect Park
    7/26 Cell Injection/Black Asteroid @ Output

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Help me decide what to wear to the show I'm going to tonight, everyone. I'll post pics of my six different potential outfits in a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    What is it about a band you love unconditionally that makes you adore them? Otherwise I'm going to just rip all over your shitty taste in bad bands.

Sushov, Sail Away limited 12" just went on sale -

http://shop.dfarecords.com/product/t...xes-limited-12

also just picked this up -

YACHT I Walked Alone remix 12", featuring the Get A Room! and Jacques Renault remixes. Limited one time only pressing.

http://shop.dfarecords.com/product/y...single-digital

Thanks so much Coachella Bound, just picked up my copy. so happy. The Aeroplane remix is amazing.

Really enjoying Be Strong by the 2 Bears. Didn't know they were on DFA...

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Sort of agree on Holy Ghost! They're definitely one of the least innovative and interesting acts on DFA.
    Thanks for giving us the opportunity to not give a fuck again.

DFA Records -
    we're down to the last 10 of these in the world. (Rapture - Sail Away 12") so, uh. yeah. also, I'm probably going to post some unearthed copies of the yeah 12" stamped white label when I have a minute. I have no idea if you people even want it. I guess we'll see!!!!
    also some limited YACHT cassettes being released tomorrow.....

New video for the Rapture's 'In the Grace of Your Love' thanks to Dream the End -

edit- it wont let me post it, so check it out here - http://www.dreamtheend.com/

also get over to the DFA store. Bunch of new releases and re-releases from LCD, Benoit and Sergio, the Rapture, and the 2 Bears.

http://shop.dfarecords.com/

for the record (no pun intended) i got one of those Yeah white labels
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

latest and greatest James Murphy news -

in the 10 months since LCD played their final show at Madison Square Garden last April, Murphy hasn't just been doing insane shit with no lesser talents than OutKast's Andre 3000 and Blur/Gorillaz maestro Damon Albarn. He has also reportedly produced sessions with Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Klaxons, and Holy Ghost!. "I'm trying to do what I used to do, which is just spend a day in the studio with people I think are good," Murphy told Pitchfork.

So let's say you're James Murphy. What else are you gonna do? Well, for another thing, potentially work with Arcade Fire, whom Murphy has previously said he would have liked to produce if not for what he now describes to Pitchfork as a "soul-crushing master plan" of tour, record album, rinse, repeat. Also on Murphy's bucket list: Maybe launch "a store that sells stuff" in Brooklyn.
    Super producer.......

DFA records kicks ass. James Murphy and Pat Mahoney disco set last year at Hard was probably the most fun I've had in quite some time. Danced my ass off all set long.
    Four Tet - Mohawk - 3/1
    Mac Demarco - Mohawk - 4/13

DFA Radio Mix #22: Gavin Russom

Radiomixes return with a new mix by synth guru of the stars Gavin Russom. It’s almost an hour and a half, and we couldn’t be more pleased. Download it for free below.

http://soundcloud.com/dfa-records/ga...fa-radiomix-22

Fuck yeah. Was just listening to Black Meteoric Star in my cab not even an hour ago.

just had to re-post this....

this plus the Rapture touring w/ Azari & III really makes me wish I lived in Australia.

Only Australia, huh? Bummer. At least Sasquatch added James Murphy.

Boris - 7/29 - The Mohawk
    NIN/Soundgarden/ - 8/14 - Austin 360
    Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town

Coachella really dropped the ball this year.... it would be different if artists weren't available, but there is so much damn talent out there touring.

DFA RECORDS -
    We restocked some often requested titles - Sound of Silver by LCD Soundsystem and Shangri-La by YACHT, plus some extremely limited The Juan MacLean and Shit Robot tour T-Shirts. Our selection is rounded out with the Factory Floor and Peach Melba 12"s. Whew.

HAPPY MONDAY...!!!

http://www.redbull.co.uk/cs/Satellit...21243185899892

Tomorrow Red Bull Studios London will dust of the couch and plump the cushions for the anual Red Bull Music Academy info session. The London lecture is one of many taking place over the globe to give applicants a taste of life inside the Academy, which will take place this autumn in New York.

We couldn’t think of any New Yorker more worthy of a seat on the RBMA couch than LCD Soundsystem front man and DFA Records owner James Murphy. James will join Benji B to talk influences, The Big Apple and how he broke the electronic mould.

also...

Sail Away by The Rapture is back in stock, too - the last 20 copies ever (probably.) Along w/ the Holy Ghost! It's Not Over 12" featuring the floor-slaying Dimitri from Paris remix.

been a while.....

couple of new Rapture - In The Grace Of Your Love remixes up on soundcloud today.
    First one is from the Spanish producer Pional, who’s a Hivern Discs/Permanent Vacation signee.

http://soundcloud.com/dfa-records/th...the-grace-of-3

2nd is from the LA based daytime disco duo Poolside (Future Classic/Eskimo Recordings).

http://soundcloud.com/dfa-records/th...the-grace-of-4

The 2 Bears, fresh off a weekend in which they were joined by Derrick Carter, will be heading up the Big Beach Bootique 5: AfterParty in Brighton, along w/ Maya Jane Coles. if you live there, tix here - http://www.ticketweb.co.uk/user?quer...beginyear=2011

DFA Shop is down till 10 am today.... curious to see what surprises they might have up for grabs.

its my thread ill bump it if i want to.....

new Juan mix for august.

http://soundcloud.com/juanmacleandjm...-dj-mix-august

trax
    Acapella unknown
    Alex Jones - Higher Level (Hypercolour)
    Denney - Ultraviolet (Hot Creations)
    Christian Smith - House This House (Plus 8 Canada)
    Pirupa - Party Non Stop (DFTD)
    Leonel Castillo - When You're Jumpin (Aux US)
    Mr. G - Bucket List (Phoenix G)
    Gorge - DWTG (8 Bit)
    DJ Wild - Dream Of Me (Rekids)
    Tomska - Let's Get It On (Vibes and Pepper Records)
    Mosca - Eva Mendes (Hypercolour)
    SIS - Faces (Crosstown Rebels)

Fuck yessssss!

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=17549

Crystal Ark will release their debut album on October 30th.

Originally a collaboration between DFA's Gavin Russom (of Black Meteoric Star among other projects) and singer Viva Ruiz, Crystal Ark is a venture that fuses Russom's trademark analogue beats with latin-influenced arrangements, textures and vocals from Ruiz. They've since become a full band, adding a percussionist, two bassists, two new vocalists and an "electronics expert," all of whom form the backbone of the group's raucous live show. This self-titled LP was recorded with that live show in mind. It features eight new tracks that reinforce the sound of previous Crystal Ark singles with the full-band aesthetic. "We Came To" will be released as the album's first single (with a special dub mix) in September.

Tracklist
    01. Ascension
    02. We Came To
    03. Morir Soñando
    04. Crossing
    05. Paradise
    06. Rhodes
    07. Rain
    08. Silver Cord

DFA will release The Crystal Ark on October 30th, 2012

nice to see someone else post in here Heres a house mix of the first single "We Came To"

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/...-to-house-mix/

other news -

Yeasayer's Sudan-Born Sinkane Signs With DFA

Multi-instrumentalist announces album including Twin Shadow collab

Sudanese-born Ahmed Gallab has been a lot of things to a lot of people — most notably, a touring multi-instrumentalist in outfits as diverse as Yeasayer, Caribou, and Of Montreal. But as of this announcement, he'll be best known as Sinkane, the latest disco-damaged signee to James Murphy's DFA Records.

The New York-based singer-producer will release his debut LP Mars on October 23, and we've got a pair of album cuts that display his unique sensibility. The funked-up cool soul of "Runnin'" brings to mind ascendant '70s hit "Fly Like an Eagle," while the mellower "Jeeper Creeper" basks in reverbed haze and desert shimmer. Both are driven by loads of percussion seemingly inspired by the artist's roots.

In two songs, Sinkane practically invents his own genre — call it Sudawave — so it's no wonder he was able to wrangle an impressive list of on-album collaborators before he even had an album. Twin Shadow's George Lewis is set to appear alongside Yeasayer's Ira Wolf Tuton, Roberto Lange of Helado Negro, Oliver Chapoy (Shai Hulud, Warm Ghost), Afrobeat band Nomo, and R&B weirdo Stutzmcgee.

Gallab was born in Sudan but grew up around the States after his parents emigrated from their war-torn home. His moniker comes from a misheard lyric in Kanye's "Never Let Me Down." When J. Ivy shouted out Amistad hero Joseph Cinqué, Gallab thought he said "Sinkane." Turned out the name was available.
    click the link - http://www.spin.com/articles/yeasaye...signs-with-dfa
    to check out the trax