Thread: Past Coachella Camp Ground Activites and Interesting sights

Default Past Coachella Camp Ground Activites and Interesting sights

Post any pictures or stories of interesting things that you have seen in the Coachella Campgrounds.
    I could not fit the whole word into the picture do to all the tents behind me when i took it. But check out the H composed of three people. Now thats dirty

Default Re: Past Coachella Camp Ground Activites and Interesting sights

Neat
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

Once upon a grassy knoll, an attractive flexible girl gave us yoga lessons at 2AM. Great for the end of the day stretch routine.

They used to have a DJ play in the camp grounds, but last year I believe it was closed.

Jeff Goldbloom played a secret Jazz show during the day. Look it up on FunnyOrDie.com

Beer Pong is a favorite of folks during the day

You can sniff your way into camps and smoke with new friends

While waiting in line for showers or something you can recap last night with a stranger. Met some guy who was still up (@11am) from acid the night before. He was totally into Animal Collective. Nice guy. We shared some oranges.

BEFORE YOU LEAVE MAKE SURE YOUR TENT IS COMPLETE AND PRACTICE SETTING IT UP
    back in 09 my hommie and myself arrived real freakin late during paul mccartney's set.... this sucked because it was too dark to tell what the fuck we were doing but... we started to set up a tent that we barrowed from a friend.... my friend didnt tell me that he hadnt used it since 95 when he was in cub scouts and it was missing a center pole and all the stakes .... it was a fucking nightmare...the tent kept falling over into the tents next to us... it looked like shit... and the only idea i had (sorry if u were a victim of this but there was no choice, and i couldnt ask because everyone was at the festival) was to steal stakes from surrounding tents... mind you i only stole 1 per tent but i felt freakin bad.... i did return half of them sunday night to the tents i did remmembered but yeah that sucked for both parties... but honestly the tent still looked like shit

fri- OUTKAST- The Replacements- Chromeo- AFI- Bonobo- Zedd- the Glitch Mob- Grouplove-Anthony Green-ZZ Ward-Anti-Flag- Flatbush Zombies- Crosses
    sat- Mgmt- Fatboy Slim- Nas- Kid kudi- Sleigh Bells-City and Colour- Chvrches- Mogwai- Future Islands- Rl Grime- the Internet-
    sun- Beck- Calvin Harris- Motorhead- Duck Sause- Flosstradamus-Toy Dolls- Big Gigantic- Strfkr-Fishbone- Bombino- Poolside- Showtek
    05~06~07~09~11~12.2~13.1~13.2~14.1~14.2

Quote Originally Posted by christheshark View Post
    back in 09 my hommie and myself arrived real freakin late during paul mccartney's set.... this sucked because it was too dark to tell what the fuck we were doing but... we started to set up a tent that we barrowed from a friend.... my friend didnt tell me that he hadnt used it since 95 when he was in cub scouts and it was missing a center pole and all the stakes .... it was a fucking nightmare...the tent kept falling over into the tents next to us... it looked like shit... and the only idea i had (sorry if u were a victim of this but there was no choice, and i couldnt ask because everyone was at the festival) was to steal stakes from surrounding tents... mind you i only stole 1 per tent but i felt freakin bad.... i did return half of them sunday night to the tents i did remmembered but yeah that sucked for both parties... but honestly the tent still looked like shit
    you should definitely start a thread about that. I was practicing weeks before how to set up my tent. Making sure i had all the pieces.

I think someone farted

"Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Quote Originally Posted by geonotgio View Post
    you should definitely start a thread about that. I was practicing weeks before how to set up my tent. Making sure i had all the pieces.
    Hmmmmmm.... I think I will

fri- OUTKAST- The Replacements- Chromeo- AFI- Bonobo- Zedd- the Glitch Mob- Grouplove-Anthony Green-ZZ Ward-Anti-Flag- Flatbush Zombies- Crosses
    sat- Mgmt- Fatboy Slim- Nas- Kid kudi- Sleigh Bells-City and Colour- Chvrches- Mogwai- Future Islands- Rl Grime- the Internet-
    sun- Beck- Calvin Harris- Motorhead- Duck Sause- Flosstradamus-Toy Dolls- Big Gigantic- Strfkr-Fishbone- Bombino- Poolside- Showtek
    05~06~07~09~11~12.2~13.1~13.2~14.1~14.2

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I think someone farted

If there were a way to tell them that this is the corne rof the field that the polo ponies use to shit in the most, you'd have yourself a funny gif right now. -
    Long live the rave tent! Die Hippy Scum.

Thursday is the UNOFFICIAL fourth day of Coachella. While patrons are milling in from Highway 10, you should be pre-gaming back at your camping spot. When the sun goes down the dancing begins. I love the DJ's in the camping area. That IS the business.

The giant game of Jenga in the pinball area is pretty fun. If its a good game you can really draw a crowd.

Eating is also one of my favorite things to do in the Camping area. This is my personal favorite, even though they don't bring their amazing Habenero sauce. If you are in Ventura then make sure you stop by this place for awesome fish tacos.
    Last edited by DeadSkin; 01-26-2012 at 09:47 AM.
    COACHELLA VETERAN

2001 ~ 2007 ~ 2010 ~ 2011 ~ 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    Once upon a grassy knoll, an attractive flexible girl gave us yoga lessons at 2AM. Great for the end of the day stretch routine.

They used to have a DJ play in the camp grounds, but last year I believe it was closed.

Jeff Goldbloom played a secret Jazz show during the day. Look it up on FunnyOrDie.com

Beer Pong is a favorite of folks during the day

You can sniff your way into camps and smoke with new friends

While waiting in line for showers or something you can recap last night with a stranger. Met some guy who was still up (@11am) from acid the night before. He was totally into Animal Collective. Nice guy. We shared some oranges.
    I had no idea!

BP will def be at my campsite though! Might even throw a tourney! Winner gets something special

Quote Originally Posted by christheshark View Post
    That sounds awful!!! Yeah seems like quite a bit of people always have missing partss. I remember a group of gorgeous girls came up to my campsite because they saw we had extra pipes for building. They offered us some shrooms for the pipes just for the weekend then they would return them. I glady accepted the offer. I didnt do shrooms at the time so i endeed up selling them and making some money haha

Quote Originally Posted by DeadSkin View Post

Thursday is the UNOFFICIAL fourth day of Coachella. While patrons are milling in from Highway 10, you should be pre-gaming back at your camping spot. When the sun goes down the dancing begins. I love the DJ's in the camping area. That IS the business.

The giant game of Jenga in the pinball area is pretty fun. If its a good game you can really draw a crowd.

Eating is also one of my favorite things to do in the Camping area. This is my personal favorite, even though they don't bring their amazing Habenero sauce. If you are in Ventura then make sure you stop by this place for awesome fish tacos.
    Best post so far on here! thanks for sharing! I will be trying to make it on Thursday as early as possible

Meanwhile at Coachella...

Just when you thought you had seen it all at Coachella... That's hilarious!
    Long live the rave tent! Die Hippy Scum.

We bought Miley along for a ride

Quote Originally Posted by mistakenstrangers View Post
    We bought Miley along for a ride
    hahaha what exactly is in that bag? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cactuskev View Post
    Meanwhile at Coachella...

had i seen this live i would have felt a bit self concess hahaha. Interesting thing is the girl with the highlighter colored clothing doesnt look like she is even using a prop

How bout the mighty slip and slide!

Here is a video i threw together into move magic. its from 2010

funnybikes.jpg

The Funny Bikes aka the "exercise in futility" bikes.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by waltermakesmusic View Post
    hahaha what exactly is in that bag? lol
    high grade marijuana, the best money can buy, what else?

Quote Originally Posted by mistakenstrangers View Post
    high grade marijuana, the best money can buy, what else?

LOL well its kinda hard to tell. But damn miley must have been going crazy!

i can't believe i missed jeff goldblum build a rocket from scratch