Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

Bank of America canceled my card in early December. I smell some X Files type shit!

Just went through my account for the last 7 months. No suspicious activity. But I did realize how much I spend at BevMo or bars. Eeks! Need to start saving for Coachella!

I am on the layaway plan. In case that makes a difference.

B of A members seem to be more at risk according to random testing case study...
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

It can be anyone, can't blame just frontgate. My brothers card was compromised just last week and he didn't buy coachella tickets or anything from frontgate.

Quote Originally Posted by prickly View Post
    It can be anyone, can't blame just frontgate. My brothers card was compromised just last week and he didn't buy coachella tickets or anything from frontgate.
    No shit sherlock, but if a large amount of individuals who purchased Coachella tickets are among a group who've had their information compromised it is something to look at.
    COACHELLA 2014

DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

I wanna punch you right in the font!!

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Sure sounds like a pattern here....

FRONTGATE & GOLDENVOICE- PLEASE RESPOND

Have you had ANY employees fired or on watch for Credit Card issues?

This IS the risk of running on the payment plan Frontgate KEEPS your CC numbers and the employees run the CC.

I'd advise anyone who is on the payment plan to run through their records. One common scam is they'll run just $.27 cents or $.35 cents so you don't notice right away....and they'll run it month after month till you catch it.

FRONTGATE & GOLDENVOICE NEEDS TO RESPOND AS THESE ARE SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS THAT IMPACT EVERYONE WHO PURCHASED TICKETS AND NOW IS WONDERING IF THEY HAVE EMPLOYEES STEALING FROM US - IF THEY HAVEN'T STOLE FROM US YET....WE ARE NOW HAVING TO WATCH DUE TO MULTIPLE CONNECTIONS TO FRONTGATE!
    IF THERE ARE A LOT OF CONNECTIONS YOU CAN JOIN TOGETHER FOR A CLASS ACTION SUIT - THEY'LL RESPOND NOW
    "Well, that's just like, you know... your opinion, man"

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    No shit sherlock, but if a large amount of individuals who purchased Coachella tickets are among a group who've had their information compromised it is something to look at.
    So 20 people that are talked about in this thread out of the 150000 who bought passes is a large amount.
    Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by prickly View Post
    So 20 people that are talked about in this thread out of the 150000 who bought passes is a large amount.
    Ok.
    3/4 of the Coachella crowd doesn't even post on the fucking message board, so how do you get 20?

I'm actively taking steps to find the real number, maybe before you make yourself look like a bigger asshat try to find the correct number, what if 1/4 of the individuals who bought Coachella tickets have had similar problems? That'd be a large enough amount, just on the few people who have posted I'm worried about my account now since I have Wells Fargo and individuals with WF have had problems...
    COACHELLA 2014

CC companies will put a hold on your card for repeated transactions from the same vendor, transactions outside of your normal routine (geographical, online, frequency), and even fat finger errors on the cc machine where the dude at Starbucks pressed debit instead of credit or typed the expiration date in wrong. A hold or fraud notification doesn’t mean that your CC info has been compromised; it just means the bank wants your confirmation that the alerted charges are in-deed legitimate. The alerts could very well be the Frontage charges themselves, especially if the card hasn’t been used for anything else in awhile. This doesn’t mean that it’s been hacked.

It’s perfectly logical that out of the hundreds of people who read this message board, several of them had some sort of unusual activity or alert over the past six months. Attributing that to Front Gate however, is a pretty big leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

baily's message looks an awful lot like the passive aggressive notes my girlfriend's superintendent plasters all over the walls of her apartment buildingg.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Someone actually keyed in my card number in Texas, instead of swiping, which is what put the account on hold. So someone did end up with my card number, but I can't say for sure it's Frontgate, it could be from anything. It just seems weird to me that it's happening to so many others on here around the same time. Do I care enough to do anything about it? Nope. My bank cought it, the $1.95 i pay a month for fraud alerts is working. YAY.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Oh snap, something similar happened to me. Someone got a hold of my card number and purchased about $500 worth of cell phones out in Texas about 3 months ago.
    When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

I stopped using a debit card a long time ago, for this reason. I use credit cards exclusively. If that gets compromised somehow, I have a lot more protections than using a debit card. My wife had her account compromised a couple of times recently. They bought a fancy coffeemaker or something. Messed up. She got her money back, but it sucks to have that happen. *knocks on wood*
    Upcoming: 04/11/14-04/13/14 - Coachella Weekend One; 04/18/14-04/20/14 - Coachella Weekend Two; 08/19/14 - NIN/Soundgarden (Isleta Amphitheater - Albuquerque, NM)

Lurker

Everyone should just go ahead and give me all your credit card info and since I am in Texas I can keep an eye out and let you know if I see anyone using them.

All kidding aside, I have had the same happen to me. Turns out the guy at the gas station was stealing everyones info and used them to buy stuff off amazon.

Thanks for the heads up though. I bought my tickets for weekend 2 on the 13th and I havent seen anything suspicious on my account yet, but i will be keeping a closer eye than normal on it.
    Coachella 2012 (Weekend 2)

Day 1: The Black Keys, Pulp, Refused, Arctic Monkeys, Mazzy Star, M83, Madness, Atari Teenage Riot
    Day 2: RADIOHEAD, The Shins, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Childish Gambino
    Day 3: At The Drive-In, Dre & Snoop, DJ Shadow, The Hives

Vegoose 2007, Coachella 2010, Neon Desert 2011, Coachella 2012 (weekend 2), Neon Desert 2012

OH MY GOD I HAD TO REPLACE MY BANK CARD IN DECEMBER BECAUSE OF FRAUDULENT CHARGES TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!....I did not buy passes this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

But maybe you did!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by bug on your lip View Post
    you ever get this uneasy feeling that everyone of us on this board is actually in Hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin da DnB Soulja View Post
    3/4 of the Coachella crowd doesn't even post on the fucking message board
    wait stop right there.

you think that 25% of the people that go to coachella post on these message boards.

lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    you shut your whorish mouth when talking about the sea king.

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    Someone actually keyed in my card number in Texas, instead of swiping, which is what put the account on hold. So someone did end up with my card number, but I can't say for sure it's Frontgate, it could be from anything. It just seems weird to me that it's happening to so many others on here around the same time. Do I care enough to do anything about it? Nope. My bank cought it, the $1.95 i pay a month for fraud alerts is working. YAY.
    Same thing happened to me in late December. Starting to sound like a pattern. If not theft, maybe lax security of CC info at least...

GOLDEN VOICE: BAILY WANTS YOU TO ADDRESS THESE ALLEGATIONS NOW!

WHATEVER FONT SIZE AND COLOR IT TAKES!

THIS MUST BE ADDRESSED!

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by DANCE MAGIC View Post
    wait stop right there.

you think that 25% of the people that go to coachella post on these message boards.

lol.
    Lol not likely no, but between lurkers and everything, I dunno, buffed the number a little high.
    COACHELLA 2014

After reading guedita's post I got the taste of candy in my mouth. Synesthesia?
    When I held that gun in my hand, I felt a surge of power…like God must feel when he’s holding a gun.

I heard it was Brokendoll stealing everyone's information to support her meth habit...

hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by rodStewart View Post
    I heard it was Brokendoll stealing everyone's information to support her meth habit...
    Yes, because it is very easy to support a meth habit using credit cards.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

You just take your dealer on small shopping sprees. They don't give a fuck who's card it is.

C'mon Little Clown, let's go to K-Mart and get some baby diapers for you hyna!
    last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by locachica73 View Post
    You pay for fraud alerts? Sounds like a pretty shitty bank.