Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

Quote Originally Posted by nahuatldream View Post
    I stopped using a debit card a long time ago, for this reason. I use credit cards exclusively. If that gets compromised somehow, I have a lot more protections than using a debit card. My wife had her account compromised a couple of times recently. They bought a fancy coffeemaker or something. Messed up. She got her money back, but it sucks to have that happen. *knocks on wood*
    In regards to fraud, you have the same protections regardless of how you make any electronic payment in the US (Reg E). A credit card could give you more protection if, for example, they offer to give you a warranty over and above the manufacturer's.

I got a call from my bank (where I also work) this week regarding fraudulent activity on my debit card, but there wasn't any. Normally a large company will save face and say there was a breach- if only to lessen law suits.

Zappos also had a huge security breach this month.. Maybe everyone that buys coachella tickets also buys shit from zappos?
    --
    09, 10, 11, 12 (1 & 2), 13 (2)

Hmmmm... My card was put on hold a few days ago after 9 payments of around $50 suddenly appeared. Probably just a coincidence, but the timing is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by rodStewart View Post
    I heard it was Brokendoll stealing everyone's information to support her meth habit...

Rod Stewart...Not Sexy and Not Funny
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Yes, because it is very easy to support a meth habit using credit cards.
    I know it's more convenient than carting around a razor blade everywhere I go...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkjstn View Post
    In regards to fraud, you have the same protections regardless of how you make any electronic payment in the US (Reg E). A credit card could give you more protection if, for example, they offer to give you a warranty over and above the manufacturer's.

I got a call from my bank (where I also work) this week regarding fraudulent activity on my debit card, but there wasn't any. Normally a large company will save face and say there was a breach- if only to lessen law suits.

Zappos also had a huge security breach this month.. Maybe everyone that buys coachella tickets also buys shit from zappos?

The protection given by a debit card is NOT as good as protection by a credit card! If your debit card is hacked they can get all YOUR money from the associated account and it takes much longer to get it back.
    lurker extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by theresalwaysone View Post
    You pay for fraud alerts? Sounds like a pretty shitty bank.
    It's a credit union, so maybe, but they don't charge me for anything else, unlike BofA where they charged me everytime I walked into the bank.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by mplsbump View Post

The protection given by a debit card is NOT as good as protection by a credit card! If your debit card is hacked they can get all YOUR money from the associated account and it takes much longer to get it back.
    You are 100% correct!

In this day and age of ID theft and CC theft - this is a more serious issue than what fucking adds are coming to the festival....this goes to the integrity of the company itself. If there is any connection to this they need to take a look into it....not just fucking ignore it as 'acts of random.'

Everyone works hard for their money and have a right to a secure transaction...and note that they do keep your CC number if you are processing a payment plan.

Looking at core issues - look what is now happening with GV on the security front. They had the security guard rape the girl at Stagecoach last year....now no more volunteers. They saw the problem and fixed it....they need to do the same here....look at the issue and fix it.

Our financial accounts are important......and those of you crying that IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL...it's because you don't have a fucking $100 to your piece of shit name....or you don't work for your money and mommy and daddy love you so much that they hand you your allowance even though you are over the age of 12.

- sure this may only be a handful of people amongst 150k...but it's enough for any company to at least acknowledge it internally and take a look into their accounts to see if they do have an employee or employees operating improper.

There was a case a year or so back where a old lady noticed a .03 cents charge on her account month after month....challenged it and they found that one individual was doing this for years to thousands of people....none of whom ever said anything....guy had more than enough money to live on for a long time.....but because one person noticed it and spoke up they shut it down.

Here's to those of you that don't care about the security of everyone finances....
    Last edited by baily; 01-26-2012 at 06:42 AM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

I'm not saying everyone that has had credit card fraud and has a Coachella ticket should blame GV/Frontgate BUT it is kind of weird that the two friends I'm going with got hacked after they bought their tix on the 13th. One of them using a card he hadn't used in a long time and hasn't used since. The other person got a $600 walmart charge and a $400 staples charge.

Seems like a lot of people are having fraudulent activity after their Coachella tix were purchased on layaway as well. Could be a coincidence but it is worth looking into.
    11/15 - Phantogram
    12/8 - Beirut
    1/30 - Jeff Mangum

When you say your first friend got "hacked", what exactly does that mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Quote Originally Posted by Niklass View Post
    I'm not saying everyone that has had credit card fraud and has a Coachella ticket should blame GV/Frontgate BUT it is kind of weird that the two friends I'm going with got hacked after they bought their tix on the 13th. One of them using a card he hadn't used in a long time and hasn't used since. The other person got a $600 walmart charge and a $400 staples charge.

Seems like a lot of people are having fraudulent activity after their Coachella tix were purchased on layaway as well. Could be a coincidence but it is worth looking into.
    Out of 150k transactions...that's not a lot...but by far enough that they MUST IMO look into it.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

MUST. IN HIS OPINION.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Out of 150k transactions...that's not a lot...but by far enough that they MUST IMO look into it.
    "imo" is not necessary. obviously it's your opinion, you wrote it.

I hate to add to the fire, but I recently had to change my cc # that I used for my thickets because someone in California had been charging a Netflix account since July of last year (and I didn't notice for 6 months). I bought my tickets flat out in June. This is the first credit card fraud I've experienced in many years.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    This is why you're a semi-employed cheetoh-munching fucktard.

I had $380 charged on my card in Disney Land this last August... definitely wasn't me, I lived in Mammoth Lakes at the time and have never been to Disney Land. I purchased layaway in June...

Coachella Weekend #1

I know I'm a little late to this thread, but I need to share this with the Coachella community.

I'm absolutely sure there's some sort of fraud ring going on within either Front Gate or Goldenvoice (more likely Front Gate).

Since buying layaway tickets, I've had fraud committed on each credit card I've used to make a payment. The fraud is always detected and then covered by the issuing bank's fraud insurance. But each time I've had to get a new card, which usually happens at really crappy times whereby the next layaway payment hits the deactivated card before the new one arrives.

So I've been through three of these cycles where I'm bouncing payments because my card got defrauded.

Now, the reason I'm SURE it's Front Gate/Goldenvoice is that it's followed the card. By that I mean that each time I get bounced, I have to switch to a different card to make the payment, and then whaddayaknow, THAT card gets defrauded. And I have used cards that are only for emergencies, so there are no other charges other than Front Gate.

Something's going on, and Goldenvoice/Front Gate better track down the thieves doing this.

"I always feel like somebody's watching me."

I was zero % on this theory, but now I'm thinking there may be some fire with this smoke.

I had to switch CCs with Front Gate for the late July / early Aug payment to a card that I hardly ever use. Within a week, there were two fraudulent transactions on THAT card as well.

WHoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Oh, it just hit me--we can use disposable credit card numbers to pay Front Gate!

Call up your credit card company and ask them to issue you a "disposable credit card number" or "virtual credit card number." Some do it where it only works once. Others do it where it works only for a specific seller for a limited number of months.

Not every credit-card-issuer provides this feature, but for those of you who can take advantage of it, by all means, do. It's usually free or low charge. Bank of America offers it for their VISA cards--they call it "ShopSafe."

Good luck, and see you at Coachella!
    Last edited by dchang0; 08-29-2012 at 04:48 PM.

They are using the fraud money for daft punk, dont worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Africa doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by H_is_O View Post
    They are using the fraud money for daft punk, dont worry.
    i would be 100% in support of that brah

I also had a card compromised about a month after the presale. I hardly use that card and they tried two small transactions before my bank caught it.
    06,11,12,13,14(1+2)

If this shit is still going on, treachery is afoot. Maybe its the promoters of ACL & Lollapalooza? Those bastards!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

I purchased my Coachella 2013 passes on Tuesday with a credit card that I haven't used in months. Today is Friday of the same week and I got a fraud alert from my credit card company. There were a half a dozen or so attempts to use that card to purchase goods in the past two days. Because my card has been unused for months until the Coachella ticket purchase I am pretty certain that the Frontgateticket merchant services system was hacked during the process.

Get your act together Coachella/Frontgate!

Quote Originally Posted by circaeightyone View Post
    I purchased my Coachella 2013 passes on Tuesday with a credit card that I haven't used in months. Today is Friday of the same week and I got a fraud alert from my credit card company. There were a half a dozen or so attempts to use that card to purchase goods in the past two days. Because my card has been unused for months until the Coachella ticket purchase I am pretty certain that the Frontgateticket merchant services system was hacked during the process.

Get your act together Coachella/Frontgate!
    I'm an IT consultant for several companies and lately I've been fighting several instances of keyloggers and trojans that grab form info. You may want to be careful with whatever machine you purchased the tickets through, because I'm been seeing an influx of these kinds of threats since the end of the year.
    2/21 - Skinny Puppy
    5/23-25 - Summer Camp
    7/18-20 - Pitchfork Music Festival
    8/1-3 - Lollapalooza