Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 85

Thread: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

  1. #1

    Default Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    Hey, so 2 of my friends have had their card numbers hacked. They both claim it's through frontgate because they saw some seriously suspicious activity after they got their passes.

    I wanted to know if that happened to anyone else?
    11/15 - Phantogram
    12/8 - Beirut
    1/30 - Jeff Mangum

  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,705

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    I have had two instances of my cc getting hacked in the last 2 months, I didn't know where it was coming from, I assumed the bar or something else, but I guess this makes sense too. Nothing is safe it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    I had my doubts it was frontgate but my friend used a credit card he hasn't used for anything else in a while.
    11/15 - Phantogram
    12/8 - Beirut
    1/30 - Jeff Mangum

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    nomad's land
    Posts
    9,850

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    were the networks they used secured?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    Interesting. My debit card (B of A Visa) which I used to purchase my tickets was caneled on me because of someone online merchant compromising my information. They refused to tell me which merchant. I asked them how I was supposed to protect my information and card if I didn't know which merchat and they said they didn't have that information. It happened about 3 weeks ago and was the first time in over 4 years something like that has happened. I wonder if it was Frontgate.

  6. #6
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    I had to replace my card twice and notify frontgate because my layaway charges. I was told it was someone in Russia charging 2 $ fees to test the account and prepare to wipe out everything if unnoticed.

    BofA visa

    Edit: I buy a lot of stuff online.
    You wanna fook on me?!

  7. #7
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,705

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goatchella View Post
    I had to replace my card twice and notify frontgate because my layaway charges. I was told it was someone in Russia charging 2 $ fees to test the account and prepare to wipe out everything if unnoticed.

    BofA visa
    This is basically the same thing that happened to me but it was in Texas, and I am with a credit union. Luckily my bank cancelled my card on me and I was able to get the money back the first time, the second time they got a little more and I am still waiting to get the money back.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    were the networks they used secured?
    I'm not sure.
    11/15 - Phantogram
    12/8 - Beirut
    1/30 - Jeff Mangum

  9. #9
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    I keep a savings and a checking with BofA and I transfer money into checking as needed. That way I always have the mother load secure
    You wanna fook on me?!

  10. #10
    Member baily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    1,923

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    Sure sounds like a pattern here....

    FRONTGATE & GOLDENVOICE- PLEASE RESPOND

    Have you had ANY employees fired or on watch for Credit Card issues?

    This IS the risk of running on the payment plan Frontgate KEEPS your CC numbers and the employees run the CC.

    I'd advise anyone who is on the payment plan to run through their records. One common scam is they'll run just $.27 cents or $.35 cents so you don't notice right away....and they'll run it month after month till you catch it.

    FRONTGATE & GOLDENVOICE NEEDS TO RESPOND AS THESE ARE SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS THAT IMPACT EVERYONE WHO PURCHASED TICKETS AND NOW IS WONDERING IF THEY HAVE EMPLOYEES STEALING FROM US - IF THEY HAVEN'T STOLE FROM US YET....WE ARE NOW HAVING TO WATCH DUE TO MULTIPLE CONNECTIONS TO FRONTGATE!
    IF THERE ARE A LOT OF CONNECTIONS YOU CAN JOIN TOGETHER FOR A CLASS ACTION SUIT - THEY'LL RESPOND NOW
    Last edited by baily; 01-25-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

  11. #11
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,332

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    I have also had a couple of instances since I purchased in June, but they were around the 4th of July.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    My friends purchased their tix at the general sale on Jan 12th (?). One of them got a $600 walmart charge shortly after.
    11/15 - Phantogram
    12/8 - Beirut
    1/30 - Jeff Mangum

  13. #13
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,332

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    Why is the site repeating the words?

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,332

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    I think we're in a vortex.

  15. #15
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,646

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    Quote Originally Posted by Niklass View Post
    Hey, so 2 of my friends have had their card numbers hacked. They both claim it's through frontgate because they saw some seriously suspicious activity after they got their passes.

    I wanted to know if that happened to anyone else?
    I find it suspicious that your 2 friends got their passes already...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie locachica73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    13,705

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    Quote Originally Posted by heart cooks brain View Post
    were the networks they used secured?
    I purchased from my work computer so yes, it's a secure network.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    I find it suspicious that your 2 friends got their passes already...
    They didn't. I meant after they purchased them. Or rather after they got confirmation.
    11/15 - Phantogram
    12/8 - Beirut
    1/30 - Jeff Mangum

  18. #18
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    I do everything via cell phone and have no idea about the security
    You wanna fook on me?!

  19. #19
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,805

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    Did some minor checking around on frontgatetickets.com:

    Scam.com has no reports
    Ripoff Report does have a complaint against Front Gate, but it was for excessive shipping charges
    No rating on MyWot.com
    siteadvisor.com gives it a green checkmark (no significant problems reported)
    delete-computer-history.com does have any records of any complaints against frontgatetickets.com

    If enough people make reports to these sites about this issue, an investigation might happen.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

  20. #20
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,646

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Did some minor checking around on frontgatetickets.com:

    Scam.com has no reports
    Ripoff Report does have a complaint against Front Gate, but it was for excessive shipping charges
    No rating on MyWot.com
    siteadvisor.com gives it a green checkmark (no significant problems reported)
    delete-computer-history.com does have any records of any complaints against frontgatetickets.com

    If enough people make reports to these sites about this issue, an investigation might happen.
    I guess it's safe to assume that Jen won the board award for most likely to kick someone's ass in a fight... Am I right?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie PlayaDelWes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    The Sprawl
    Posts
    7,337

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    "CC getting hacked"
    "Card getting hacked"
    "Seriously suspicious activity"
    "instances"

    That's some really specific information folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

  22. #22
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,646

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    Quote Originally Posted by PlayaDelWes View Post
    "CC getting hacked"
    "Card getting hacked"
    "Seriously suspicious activity"
    "instances"

    That's some really specific information folks.
    Everybody pretend this is like the Set Times/ Stage Prediction thread, where you're certain of what is happening, and where.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  23. #23
    Member Dustin da DnB Soulja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Shitty Fernando Valley
    Posts
    1,605

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Interesting. My debit card (B of A Visa) which I used to purchase my tickets was caneled on me because of someone online merchant compromising my information. They refused to tell me which merchant. I asked them how I was supposed to protect my information and card if I didn't know which merchat and they said they didn't have that information. It happened about 3 weeks ago and was the first time in over 4 years something like that has happened. I wonder if it was Frontgate.
    I'd start pushing their buttons to get info, they can't say some online merchant is compromising info and not give any details, that doesn't make sense does it? Or maybe im just crazy.... or both....
    COACHELLA 2014

    DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

  24. #24
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,110

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    Quote Originally Posted by baily View Post
    Sure sounds like a pattern here....

    FRONTGATE & GOLDENVOICE- PLEASE RESPOND

    Have you had ANY employees fired or on watch for Credit Card issues?

    This IS the risk of running on the payment plan Frontgate KEEPS your CC numbers and the employees run the CC.

    I'd advise anyone who is on the payment plan to run through their records. One common scam is they'll run just $.27 cents or $.35 cents so you don't notice right away....and they'll run it month after month till you catch it.

    FRONTGATE & GOLDENVOICE NEEDS TO RESPOND AS THESE ARE SERIOUS ALLEGATIONS THAT IMPACT EVERYONE WHO PURCHASED TICKETS AND NOW IS WONDERING IF THEY HAVE EMPLOYEES STEALING FROM US - IF THEY HAVEN'T STOLE FROM US YET....WE ARE NOW HAVING TO WATCH DUE TO MULTIPLE CONNECTIONS TO FRONTGATE!
    IF THERE ARE A LOT OF CONNECTIONS YOU CAN JOIN TOGETHER FOR A CLASS ACTION SUIT - THEY'LL RESPOND NOW
    LARGE FONT SIZE AND MULTICOLORED WORDING MEANS BAILY IS SERIOUS GOLDENVOICE. YOU MUST ANSWER THIS BOARD MEMBER NOW OR ELSE!

    stfu, baily.

  25. #25
    Member Dustin da DnB Soulja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Shitty Fernando Valley
    Posts
    1,605

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    If anyone could find proof there could be a massive class action suit, but someone would need verifiable proof.
    COACHELLA 2014

    DAFT PUNK,... Ronald Jenkees! Outkast!! Prodigy! Faithless! Underworld! London Elektricity! (live set) Future Sound of London! DJ Yoda (DVJ Set!) Dillinja and Lemon D w/ the Valve Soundsystem, Ed Solo & Deekline! Dizzee Rascal!

  26. #26
    Member with_cheese's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    esseff
    Posts
    360

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    Set your account so that you'll be alerted anytime a purchase is made online with your card if you are nervous about this.

  27. #27
    old school Goatchella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    3,798

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    AEG owns frontgate and the con artists. It's a scam. More ticket sales lol
    You wanna fook on me?!

  28. #28
    Coachella Junkie greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    6,028

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    Huh. Maybe this is why Wells Fargo unilaterally canceled my debit card three months ago (card I used at FrontGate) due to "suspicious online activity." Interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.

  29. #29
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,332

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    That's exactly what happened to me, Greg.

  30. #30
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,059

    Default Re: Hacked Credit Card through Frontgate?

    RED ALERT. RED ALERT. BAILY SAYS. RED ALERT.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Similar Threads

  1. rent a car without a credit card?? help
    By juleo55 in forum Carpools
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 07:23 PM
  2. change my credit card for layaway
    By JebusLives in forum Passes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-08-2011, 01:40 PM
  3. Credit card concerns
    By AndLeoObre in forum Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-01-2011, 09:22 PM
  4. anyone have/had a Best Buy credit card?
    By HunterGather in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-28-2010, 03:46 PM
  5. Using my parents credit card
    By nabila in forum Questions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 08:28 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •