Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bringing hard alcohol to the campgrounds?

Default Bringing hard alcohol to the campgrounds?

Anybody have experience with this? I'm not going to be an idiot and bring it into the festival but can I drink my henny and my vodka in my camping spot?

Default Re: Bringing hard alcohol to the campgrounds?

No glass. Clown
    You wanna fook on me?!

Hard alcohol can come in plastic bottles, Goat.

Yesmm...it can.

You can put any kinda liquid you want in them there plastics. Plastic is good for you and safe to dump in the ocean.
    You wanna fook on me?!

think.

Lightbulb Re: Bringing hard alcohol to the campgrounds?

Why does everyone say liquor is allowed?

Can we bring alcohol?
    Reasonable amount of beer (limited to 1 case of beer per person) (NO KEGS, NO GLASS, NO LIQUOR), for personal consumption only (NO VENDING), by folks who are of legal age (21), will be permitted to be brought onto the camping areas (not concert area). If, however, in the security's judgment it appears that the amount of alcohol is excessive for the number of persons in the vehicle, or if anyone in the vehicle is under 21 years of age, the organizers reserve the right to deny entry of the vehicle and/or confiscate the alcohol. Kegs may not be brought onto the property. Please keep these things in mind and be sensible about how much you plan to bring in. Beer will be available for purchase on the concert field. Yes, boxed wine is ok to bring, too.
    Yes you can sneak it in if you want. Just because you transfer it to plastic it does not mean its allowed. If some A$$hole security guard finds it they can take it. I have never personally had this problem.. but I have also never asked a forum if I can bring in liquor. Be smart. The FAQs are very helpful. No lie.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Just fill some of these up.

Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Solution.... concealable flask .... you hide these underneath your clothing.... find them at rumrunnerflasks.com

Last edited by christheshark; 01-24-2012 at 09:52 PM.

fri- OUTKAST- The Replacements- Chromeo- AFI- Bonobo- Zedd- the Glitch Mob- Grouplove-Anthony Green-ZZ Ward-Anti-Flag- Flatbush Zombies- Crosses
    sat- Mgmt- Fatboy Slim- Nas- Kid kudi- Sleigh Bells-City and Colour- Chvrches- Mogwai- Future Islands- Rl Grime- the Internet-
    sun- Beck- Calvin Harris- Motorhead- Duck Sause- Flosstradamus-Toy Dolls- Big Gigantic- Strfkr-Fishbone- Bombino- Poolside- Showtek
    05~06~07~09~11~12.2~13.1~13.2~14.1~14.2

Quote Originally Posted by euphonicfiend View Post
    Why does everyone say liquor is allowed?
    No one said that.

The point is, if you bring booze in plastic, you're breaking a rule, but as long as you are responsible about your drinking, it's not going to hurt anyone.

Glass falls. Breaks. Gets stepped on by people and horses. Punctures tires. Gets hurled at peoples heads or through windshields by drunks.

If you're going to break a rule and bring booze, have the decency to put it in plastic (or metal). Not only will fewer people get pissed at you, you'll have a better chance of not getting caught.

Personally, I'd rather have a camp neighbor who has a cocktail or two before bed, or a bloody mary in the morning, than someone who keeps posting "Is it OK to bring a 30 pack of beer, because 24 is not enough for my personal supply."

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    No one said that.
    You are correct sir. No one did say that, but it is implied. To say you will not bring it into the fest - as the OP stated but you want to bring it into the camp grounds makes me believe the person may think it is allowed because it is not allowed into the fest. If you're bringing it into the fest or camping the answer would still be the same and no different from one or the other. I personally bring in liquor to the fest and camping. Also by telling the OP that if you just put it in plastic you can bring it in. That may work. As I said before - a dick security guard can take it from you. Say it were my 1st chella and I asked the same question, because of the responses I would believe it is allowed in as long as I transfer the liquor to plastic - I am good to go (not always). Last year they took a lot of peoples alcohol in plastics because it was easy to find. My point is you have to be smart about it.
    “Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death.” - Albert Einstein
    “Music is a safe kind of high" - Jimi Hendrix
    “Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence.” - Robert Fripp
    “Nothing separates the generations more than music. By the time a child is eight or nine, he has developed a passion for his own music that is even stronger than his passions for procrastination and weird clothes.” - Bill Cosby

Shove the bottles up your ass!
    You wanna fook on me?!

I've never heard of anyone getting their plastic bottles of alcohol taken away...ever! I've never ridden through with a water bottle full of whiskey in my front seat though, I'd appreciate it if someone tests that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pachucasunrise View Post
    Thought this said Of Mice & Men. Now THAT'S a scary thought...
    Quote Originally Posted by iantmcfarland View Post
    Just don't schedule them anywhere near White Rabbits.

i talked to an aussie this past year who said they filled a listerine bottle with pepermint schnapps and just put a little green food dye with it. mmmm he seemed pretty drunk when we spoke so....

Quote Originally Posted by nic[ick] View Post
    i talked to an aussie this past year who said they filled a listerine bottle with pepermint schnapps and just put a little green food dye with it. mmmm he seemed pretty drunk when we spoke so....
    ....... hmmmmmm..... not bad actually......

fri- OUTKAST- The Replacements- Chromeo- AFI- Bonobo- Zedd- the Glitch Mob- Grouplove-Anthony Green-ZZ Ward-Anti-Flag- Flatbush Zombies- Crosses
    sat- Mgmt- Fatboy Slim- Nas- Kid kudi- Sleigh Bells-City and Colour- Chvrches- Mogwai- Future Islands- Rl Grime- the Internet-
    sun- Beck- Calvin Harris- Motorhead- Duck Sause- Flosstradamus-Toy Dolls- Big Gigantic- Strfkr-Fishbone- Bombino- Poolside- Showtek

Quote Originally Posted by nic[ick] View Post
    I did this last year with absinthe, absinthe green looks nothing like mouth wash but it didn't matter. Getting alcohol into car camping has to be the easiest part of the weekend, just go with clear alcohol in water bottles and place the bottles back into the middle of flat with the rest of the water. Keep track of the bottles though, it's a rough surprise for anyone who accidentally brushes their teeth with tequila.

Quote Originally Posted by frizzlefry View Post
    I've never heard of anyone getting their plastic bottles of alcohol taken away...ever! I've never ridden through with a water bottle full of whiskey in my front seat though, I'd appreciate it if someone tests that.
    It works Sometimes the most obvious places are the best places to hide something.

peppermint schnapps/rumplemintz.... I stopped drinking that shit once I turned 21...GRRRRRREEEEEEEEWWWWWOOOOOOSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Mugwog View Post
    peppermint schnapps/rumplemintz.... I stopped drinking that shit once I turned 21...GRRRRRREEEEEEEEWWWWWOOOOOOSSSS
    i drink it first thing in the morning. then i dont have to brush my teeth

Quote Originally Posted by christheshark View Post
    Solution.... concealable flask .... you hide these underneath your clothing.... find them at rumrunnerflasks.com

These things are legit. I've snuck them into cruises before (way more security than anything at Coachella, and probably overkill).

About the beer. I brought in 3 cases between myself and my friend and security didnt say anything.

About the liquor. There's all sorts of ways to be creative when it comes to that stuff. I worry more about the drug sniffing horses. Those were a bitch to avoid last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemamba View Post
    I worry more about the drug sniffing horses. Those were a bitch to avoid last year.
    This needs to be a thread unto itself!

Put your hard alcohol in your tent bag and they won't bother opening it and taking it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by Altohombre View Post
    Put your hard alcohol in your tent bag and they won't bother opening it and taking it all out.
    They opened mines up And unraveled my sleeping bag....

^ That's a bit much.
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    Smooches. =)

They don't give a shit about liquor. I asked separate security guards last weekend while they were going through people's shit in line, and they all said as long as it's not glass, they don't care. /thread

Quote Originally Posted by jefferie View Post
    Keep track of the bottles though, it's a rough surprise for anyone who accidentally brushes their teeth with tequila.
    So true-I've made that mistake. Warm vodka and toothpaste at 7AM is not a party in my mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Altohombre View Post
    Lie. I saw them do this to at least two different groups last year. They went through EVERY bag/item in their car. A bit extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by dcbell05 View Post
    Lie. I saw them do this to at least two different groups last year. They went through EVERY bag/item in their car. A bit extreme.
    It's a chance game at that point. During the busy part of the day, they can't do this to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by christheshark View Post
    They opened mines up And unraveled my sleeping bag....
    They did that back when it was tent only camping. Lost some good booze in 08. They seem to have been less thorough car camping started. I still attempt to hide it, though.
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

We filled up one of these with whiskey:
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater
    Tycho - 9/20 - Emo's
    Bonobo (DJ set) - 10/10 - The Mohawk
    Screaming Females - 10/23 - Red 7
    Caribou & Jessy Lanza - 11/23 - The Mohawk