Thread: Walking to Coachella

Default Walking to Coachella

Just wondering if anyone has had an experience walking to the Polo Grounds for entrance.

I've rented a house in Indian Palms which is right at the 49th street entrance, but still seems like quite a trek to get to the actual festival area!

Any tips or help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Tyler

Default Re: Walking to Coachella

It really isn't so bad. I live on 48th and down the street from Indian Palms. I usually bike that distance and it has never been a problem for me. I haven't walked it before, but the bike ride is not bad. But also, you'll be walking into Coachellafest. Take that into account and enjoy the walk: bump some tunes, smoke some herb, pregame a little, whatever makes it more enjoyable. Just make sure to take into account that you'll be walking in the hot sun so make sure to drink plenty of water before/during the walk.

Coachella Junkie Neighborhood Creep's Avatar

Bring a bike
    Quote Originally Posted by theklein25 View Post
    When Foster the People played Pumped Up Kicks I freaked the fuck out because I thought that song was long gone

Yeah, a bike really is a better way to go in general. Faster, easier, funner while intoxicated post-coachella.

I'm also going to recommend bringing or renting a bike. We walked to the festival and back from the Indian Palms in 2009. The walk there is fine...it's that walk home at the end of the night that's a bitch. We've biked it ever since.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.

Be sure to hydrate yourself before the trek. Then, from the 49th St. starting point, extend your left foot in front of you, followed by the right, then the left again. By the time you've achieved the 2640th step, not only will you realize you can walk faster than cars, but you'll see that it's only another 2640 steps away from your goal. Hope that's of help to you... -
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I'm staying some where that has a shuttle this year. If I was u listen to the other posts get a bike. Getting to the fest was easy but going home sucked. Also look for people offering free shuttles for tips we have used a couple they will take u to the taxi drop off
    Coachella is better than Christmas

simple - rent a bike - too long of a walk
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Be sure to hydrate yourself before the trek. Then, from the 49th St. starting point, extend your left foot in front of you, followed by the right, then the left again. By the time you've achieved the 2640th step, not only will you realize you can walk faster than cars, but you'll see that it's only another 2640 steps away from your goal. Hope that's of help to you... -
    BAHAHAHAHHA AMAZING!