Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Burning Man 2012

Default Re: Burning Man 2012

What happened to the free market? This seems so polar to what BM started as. Sorry to those of you who didn't get one. I'm gonna assume there will always be next year. Too much money to be made now.

old school

I received two canned emails denying me a pass. I applied for 2 at the middle price tier. I've never been before and was hoping to go with my good friends and other burners from San Diego. Afterall I do have the word burn in my last name. Not gonna happen this year. I'm really put off by it. After reading the posts by burners on their website linked in this thread I'm a bit put off by the reactions & personality Burning Man productions has shown. I'm not supporting them especially not at full price.
    "Oh this uncertainty is taking me over"

I think this about sums it up

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    eplaya says it's done. no ticket for me. oh well. time to look.
    eplaya

Maybe this is the core of the problem.

We're really sorry to inform you that your entry was not selected in the Main Sale to purchase Burning Man 2012 tickets. But remember this isn't the end - you still have other options for acquiring tickets!

wahhhhh

Its official, I didn't win the lottery. However, I am certain I will find a way. Staying positive.

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Thanks, assholes!
    Based on cursory poll of SF scene and anecdotal evidence, it seems that about 30-50% of regular burners didn't get tickets after 40k tickets are gone.

If you make a rough assumption that maybe 15% of them will get one in the open sale, that leaves 15-35% of folks who will still not get one.

This would seem to suggest that either demand has gone up by roughly a third.

OR

You assholes who had your parents or friends enter the lottery multiple times for you have caused panic for thousands of honest folks.

If you didn't do this, then you're probably an asshole for another reason (but probably this one too).

You're all getting karate cunt kicked if you manage to make it to the playa without selling your tickets for profit first.

yeah, no ticket here.

You know what?

Whatever, its not about what you don't have, its about what you do have.

Im honestly bummed, but I feel this is the universe just pulling me in another direction!

So no Burn for me this year. I'm making plans to go to Italy instead for Sun and Bass.
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by emtgreg View Post
    yeah, no ticket here.

You know what?

Whatever, its not about what you don't have, its about what you do have.

Im honestly bummed, but I feel this is the universe just pulling me in another direction!

So no Burn for me this year. I'm making plans to go to Italy instead for Sun and Bass.

you'll still get a ticket.

I'm also resigned to the idea of going on a real vacation this year too though.

All the anger and bitchiness will probably be gone by the time everyone gets out there but I'm still content with missing this shit for once. Burning man was so much cooler in 2013.

sun and bass isn't a real vacation, it is a drum n bass party on sardinia. Ten days of liquid dnb? yesplz.

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

I will have no problem finding a good human here on the boards to take my burn ticket if I do end up with one.

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

The fact that literally nobody I know got a ticket has me really depressed. I'm really jaded on this whole situation. Fuck this lottery and fuck the assholes who bought too many tickets.

Registered at the top tier trying to get 2 tickets for my girlfriend and I and didn't get any. I'll try again in March but if that doesn't pan out might start looking for other festival alternatives as well.

alright, finally got my rejection letter. at 5:40... damn last name. haha.

I'm also considering looking for another end of summer activity. Definitely not going to be frantic and try to get the real golden tickets (last 10k) in march. probably putting in low income/scholarship... i'm def eligible for both. But yeah, this day shouldn't be stressful, even though it is and lots of people (and camps) got shafted.

Fuck that...I been building, buying , planning.

I'm 30 years old and I've been dreaming about this for over 10 years.
    Been reading e playa....friends from far and wide hitting me up telling me the whole camp got dissed.
    10 and 15 year burners dissed.

What they fuck?! There are only 10k tickets and 60k people got stiffed

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    Thanks, assholes!
    Based on cursory poll of SF scene and anecdotal evidence, it seems that about 30-50% of regular burners didn't get tickets after 40k tickets are gone.

If you make a rough assumption that maybe 15% of them will get one in the open sale, that leaves 15-35% of folks who will still not get one.

This would seem to suggest that either demand has gone up by roughly a third.

OR

You assholes who had your parents or friends enter the lottery multiple times for you have caused panic for thousands of honest folks.

If you didn't do this, then you're probably an asshole for another reason (but probably this one too).

You're all getting karate cunt kicked if you manage to make it to the playa without selling your tickets for profit first.

aaronbk

Stop your fucking crying everybody. At least wait it out and see what happens with this STEP program. Also we will be able to try and get lucky scoring a ticket in the open sale. None of us knows how this all will pan out, everyone that wants to be there will get there. Everyone saying "oh wellll!!1 no burn this year! didnt get lotto ticket omgz!!!" calm down. kthxbye

I know man but I feel like I've been betrayed and I wanna get back at them for dissing me by fucking their best friend or something. Just bitter man. I'll be there. With a pallet of fresh pineapple and 1000 ft of shade.

complainer regulator? just curious aaron, did you make a considerable attempt at purchasing a burning man ticket for around face value last year after it sold out? I did. guess how many real chances I had at getting one... you make it sound like it's going to be easy, it's really not, probably even harder this year. I'd be worried if I was busting my ass for a theme camp and I found out that 12 of the 15 members didn't get a ticket after 43k of 53k have been sold...

but hey! "everyone who is supposed to be at burning man, will be!"

aaronbk

okay well how about this after march, we can see who ends up getting tickets. All im saying is we still have a chance at getting a ticket. No need for everyone to get there fucking panties in a bunch.

It was better last year.

lulz

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

As an outsider, this whole system is for shite. BM is something you really need to plan for ahead of time. Yes it's not until summer, but the process has to start now. Waiting makes it feel like it's already gone.

Kiss kiss

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

yeah this has been less than successful.

I still place less blame on bm and more on the idiots who panicked and registered for more tickets than they needed.

people suck sometimes.

People suck all the time.

Do YOU suck all the time Algunz?

teehee

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

YES, regularly and more in the dust.

^broken link for me, suspense!!!

Just heard that someone on the channel 2 local news (sf, oakland, south bay) covered burning man (saying the lottery was over and there are only 10k tickets left)... pffff... hype much?
    Last edited by zimmy1222; 02-01-2012 at 10:51 PM.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

can they just cancel all the existing ticket orders and start over, more sensibly?

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    ^broken link for me, suspense!!!

Just heard that someone on the channel 2 local news (sf, oakland, south bay) covered burning man (saying the lottery was over and there are only 10k tickets left)... pffff... hype much?
    Cue the panicked hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker113 View Post
    yeah this has been less than successful.

I still place less blame on bm and more on the idiots who panicked and registered for more tickets than they needed.

people suck sometimes.
    People are sitting here talking about people freaking out and registering for multiple lotteries and this and that, when in reality I think the main problem is still scalpers. With the previous ticketing system it took hours of waiting in line for tickets, I've heard stories of 8-9 hour waits, which is something I don't think scalpers were willing to do. You implement the lottery system and now all they have to do is register as many cards as they can and hope for the best and let BM do all the work, where's the downside for them? The lottery system is all to blame.